OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Tom Petty

Started by DragonmasterDan, 10/02/2017, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonmasterDan

Sad news here.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tom-petty-legendary-rocker-is-dead-at-66/

I was a fan of his, I got the chance to see him live on the Wildflowers tour in 94. It's a sad day
--DragonmasterDan

Bloufo

There goes another one.

Arkhan Asylum

oh is this why people resurrected my tom petty post on FB?

lol

im sorry, tom petty and the HEARTBREAKERS.

man.

maaaaan.

way to soon, but maaaaaan.  its right there.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gredler

Selfishly sad I never got to see him live. My wife and I adore his music and listen to it almost every weekend during yardwork and poolside relaxing. RIP Mr Petty, thanks for all of the great tunes. I bet he finally got his wings, even though he learned to fly years ago, just sad he wont be coming back down this time.

Digi.k

RIP Mr "I won't back down"

esteban

I must be one of the few who is clueless on Petty outside of "Freefallin"... so many co-workers were discussing his condition today as we were finishing work.

"Freefallin", though,  reminds me of one of the few folks I knew who also owned a TG-16, since he liked Tom Petty.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

LostFlunky

So now a few hours later they are saying he hasn't passed away?

sirhcman

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 10/02/2017, 09:15 PMSo now a few hours later they are saying he hasn't passed away? 
Brain dead. They took him off life support so he won't last long

LostFlunky

Pretty fucking irresponsible reporting.  One fucking outlet mistakenly reported it, and then dozens poached the story so that they wouldn't lose out on the hit revenue.  Fuck this fucking society.

cr8zykuban0

really sucks to hear about tom petty's passings, plus the mass shooting in my hometown last night, not a good day at all.

TR0N

RIP,Tom Petty i liked his music to it was pretty easy to get into.There goes the last dj.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 10/02/2017, 10:40 PMPretty fucking irresponsible reporting.  One fucking outlet mistakenly reported it, and then dozens poached the story so that they wouldn't lose out on the hit revenue.  Fuck this fucking society.
You shouldn't talk that way about Dragonmasterdan. These deathwatch threads are now he copes.
IMG

Dicer

My yearbook theme in HS was "Running down a dream" so yeah...
IMG
RIP Mr. Petty you were awesome.

Dicer

On and as a bonus to cheer us up, it's 90's me WITH BONUS HAIR and butt chin, top right
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Dicer on 10/03/2017, 01:32 PMMy yearbook theme in HS was "Running down a dream" so yeah...
IMG
RIP Mr. Petty you were awesome.
It's kind of interesting to see how much he impacted culture to where Yearbook designs were Tom Petty themed and a solid 15 years after he first hit it big.
--DragonmasterDan

SignOfZeta

That video was on heavy HEAVY rotation back then. You'd see it twice on MTV before leaving for school and then hear it on your radio during the walk there, on multiple stations simultaneously if you lived in a big enough market.

The guy's lasting appeal can't be doubted. As recently as last week I overheard a conversations about the guy, and not from people who only remember the video. He had real fans, no question.

However the Dream thing is...it's a promotion thing. The yearbook staff were hacks to use such a proprietary and copyrighted concept. It could have been Jagged Little Pill or Blood Suger Sex Magic or C&C Music Factory themed had it been a different month.

Mine that year was "The Art of Being a Chemic" which is also hack but also complete nonsense to most people who didn't go to that school. It turns out 15 year olds suck at everything, who knew? :)
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

I liked Free Fallin and basically hated every other thing he ever recorded, lol.

Runnin Down a Dream is one of the most annoying songs I have ever heard.   

That being said, still sucks he died in such a lame ass way.  Surprise heart attacks where you just drop like a sack of bricks really suck.

lol, like 7 years ago, Tom petty concert here was postponed and I made a FB comment about it that devolved into conversations about petty and bob dylan dueling to the death. 

It somehow re-arrived on my feed.  Don't know how.  but, it was funny minus the part where he died.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

Quote from: Dicer on 10/03/2017, 01:37 PMOn and as a bonus to cheer us up, it's 90's me WITH BONUS HAIR and butt chin, top right
IMG
Dude, that's an awesome yearbook portrait.

I graduated in 1993 and hairstyles were generally horrendous.

Ha!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

OldRover

I wasn't a huge fan of Tom Petty but I liked some of his music. It always sucks when an icon passes though... dude did a lot of good things for the industry.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Dicer

Quote from: esteban on 10/03/2017, 04:26 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 10/03/2017, 01:37 PMOn and as a bonus to cheer us up, it's 90's me WITH BONUS HAIR and butt chin, top right
IMG

Ha!
Thanks man, I was generally attractive once upon a time...lol

TR0N

Damn watching this tom petty video again makes me sad  :(
IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TR0N on 10/04/2017, 03:40 AMDamn watching this tom petty video again makes me sad  :(
Then watch a happy one
--DragonmasterDan

TR0N

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/04/2017, 12:16 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 10/04/2017, 03:40 AMDamn watching this tom petty video again makes me sad  :(
Then watch a happy one
Okay !!!
IMG

blueraven

Travelling Wilburys was pretty dope. Who knew Bob Dylan would be the last man standing.

RIP guy who influenced half of rock music, and annoyed the fuck out of half the world due to being overplayed.

jperryss

Quote from: blueraven on 10/07/2017, 06:38 PMTravelling Wilburys was pretty dope. Who knew Bob Dylan would be the last man standing.
Jeff Lynne would like a word...

bob

Quote from: Dicer on 10/03/2017, 11:04 PM
Quote from: esteban on 10/03/2017, 04:26 PM
IMG

Ha!
Thanks man, I was generally attractive once upon a time...lol
did Francis Beaudry ever become a master plumber?

Arkhan Asylum

Between the girls, cars, and plumbing, I'm sure he is laying a ton of pipe

turboswimbz

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

blueraven

Quote from: jperryss on 10/07/2017, 06:48 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 10/07/2017, 06:38 PMTravelling Wilburys was pretty dope. Who knew Bob Dylan would be the last man standing.
Jeff Lynne would like a word...
Ohhhhhhhh yeahhhhh that dude. *corrected