10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Does anyone like the New England Patriots?

Started by xcrement5x, 01/22/2018, 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seieienbu

Did you hate them because Lutz hated them, because Lutz loved them, or is Lutz nonrelated to your hatred?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

bob

Quote from: seieienbu on 01/25/2018, 10:03 PMDid you hate them because Lutz hated them, because Lutz loved them, or is Lutz nonrelated to your hatred?
lutz and i went to high school together.  we grew up in foxboro... so needless to say...

sirhcman

Quote from: bob on 01/25/2018, 06:55 PM
Quote from: seieienbu on 01/25/2018, 06:48 PMAs long as we're complaining about sports, man, the last minute on the clock in a reasonably close basketball game is maybe the low point of professional athletics.  The game stops being about anything but correct usage of fouls and timeouts and stops even remotely resembling the game that I'd intended to watch.  I think basketball would be a better game if you had to call the foul yourself for it to count.  If I was a player heading up the lane who was fouled I'd probably think something along the lines of "I don't care that he brushed up against me, just let me sink this shot and get my points so that we can move on already."
last two minutes are tortue.  too many time outs per team.  see... there is one good thing about football.
you commit a penalty in those last couple minutes, they run 10 seconds off the clock to DISCOURAGE it.
(you can thank the pats for that rule too)
In just about every close NFL game you have the same thing with both teams many times taking all of their timeouts and slowing the game to a crawl. Also run offs are only on plays where the clock was already moving prior to the infraction.

Gypsy

Speaking of football rape, looks like Michigan State covered up 16 in a scant 10 years.

NecroPhile

Only 16?  Football must not be as bad as zippy makes it out to be, not when gymnastics is beating it out ten to one.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

seieienbu

Jesus Christ some awful people get into pro sports.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Gypsy on 01/26/2018, 06:16 PMSpeaking of football rape, looks like Michigan State covered up 16 in a scant 10 years.
Yeah compared to everything else 16 is a scant amount.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 01/26/2018, 06:19 PMOnly 16?  Football must not be as bad as zippy makes it out to be, not when gymnastics is beating it out ten to one.
Just one per player too I would assume. That doctor was a crazy serial rapist.

Quote from: seieienbu on 01/26/2018, 06:23 PMJesus Christ some awful people get into pro sports.
This is college but given that it was covered up, some of those players might be pros now. I'm not looking into the situation too hard though.

seieienbu

Oh well.  At least with the XFL returning to television we'll finally get the Johnny "Johnny Football" Manziel that football fans deserve.

NecroPhile

Like MSU, Gypsy will leave getting into it hard up to the athletes.

turboswimbz

Quote from: seieienbu on 01/26/2018, 06:26 PMOh well.  At least with the XFL returning to television, we'll finally get the Johnny "Johnny Football" Manziel that football fans deserve.
HAHAHAHAHA
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 01/26/2018, 06:27 PMLike MSU, Gypsy will leave getting into it hard up to the athletes.
Lol damn it.

SignOfZeta

Seriously you can't pretend that football players aren't exponentially more likely to be associated with antisocial behavior.  You're living a lie, that's all I can say. Remember Michael Vick? Joe Paterno? Have you not seen coverage of hazing deaths in colleges in the US? Where do you think the idea for Revenge of the Nerds came from, straight out of some guy's misanthropic butthurt ass? No, the actual life experiences of  innumerable butthurt asses. Haven't you had Papa John's before?

Football fans are famous for knowing stats (since there are so few memorable plays I'd assume) but you seem to be oblivious of anything off the field. Again, sports fans will forgive anyone who can throw a dumb ball through a thing. They are completely amoral in this regard because they outright worship and covet the dumb ball throwing skill so that they could be worshiped like the meathead they are worshiping. This is why all these coverups happen, because one after another through several chains of command they all forgive results. Sure, it does happen with all sports but since the NFL is the dumbest most violent sport played by the hugest most highly paid assholes our terrible high schools can produce who literally become more brain damaged and dumb and violent as they play (something even the NFL has now admitted) and they have the most hardcore and amoral fans who will forgive anything, most of the shit happens there. I mean, I have heard of track team gang rapes before but not as many.
IMG

bob

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/27/2018, 12:37 AM...since the NFL is the dumbest most violent sport played by the hugest most highly paid assholes...
NFL has the lowest average salary of all the 3 major pro sports.

seieienbu

Baylor University was suspending several players for 31 players committing at least 52 rapes in a 3 year period.  So what happened?  The richie-rich alums donated millions of dollars less than previous years to Baylor because the players rapists were suspended.

That's football.

xcrement5x

Man that football game wasn't too bad.  Glad to see the Eagles win it, Nick Foles played a heck of a game.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Both teams forgot to bring their defenses.

Ergot_Cholera

Arkhan Asylum

I made this discovery the other day. 

Watching pro football is kind of fucking boring, but watching a bunch of kids playing it is actually entertaining.

They don't constantly stop because someones shoelace wasn't tied right and now there is a penalty, and their semi-cluelessness makes it funnier.

Zeta does have a point that football is fucking slow.   I think if that wasn't a thing, it might suck less to watch. 

I can sit and play a football video game, or sometimes participate in actually playing it, but if you ask if I want to watch it, I usually cringe and think of 900 things I could do instead.

NFL Blitz master race.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

seieienbu

As far as video game footballs go, I liked Blitz, Mutant League Football, and of course Tecmo Bowl.  Honestly though, I can play just about any sports game up to the 16 bit era for a while and have a good time doing so.  I find it way more fun than watching sports on TV...

Arkhan Asylum

rec football proceeds faster than an NFL game.

That shit is over in like an hour basically.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!