WTB: New Sealed Ys Book 1&2 US version

Started by chadti99, 01/28/2013, 10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadti99

Hoping to find one from a fellow enthusiast/collector.  Looking for the actual retail release not the TurboDuo pack in.  Please let me know if you happen to have a copy you are willing to part with.

Bernie

DildoKKKobold

For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Bernie

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

psychobear

I got one for $514.99 if you intrested, no not really buy that's crazy what a fool I wouldn't pay that.

seieienbu

That's kinda funny.  IIRC there were still new copies on TZD until the site went down...
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

SignOfZeta

Quote from: seieienbu on 01/28/2013, 01:51 PMThat's kinda funny.  IIRC there were still new copies on TZD until the site went down...
I don't think so, but maybe.
IMG

CPTRAVE

FiftyQuid

That's plscards listing.  Expect to see the game up for sale in a week or two.  He shill bids the shit out of his listings.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

chadti99

Ys Book 1&2 had a profound impact on me as a kid and I actually would like to get a copy VGA graded and framed, not looking to resell on Ebay.  I don't normally collect sealed games but there are a few mint or sealed games I would like to own and display.  If anyone has an opened but mint/complete copy I would consider this as well.

Bernie

I guess that's not a bad idea.  Kinda makes me wanna get my Beyond Shadowgate poster framed now.  I like  this idea!  Really all you need is a minty box then.  If its framed and all.  I'm sure someone will have one.  If I had one I would send it your way.  Its a neat idea!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: chadti99 on 01/28/2013, 02:53 PMYs Book 1&2 had a profound impact on me as a kid and I actually would like to get a copy VGA graded and framed, not looking to resell on Ebay.  I don't normally collect sealed games but there are a few mint or sealed games I would like to own and display.  If anyone has an opened but mint/complete copy I would consider this as well.
Why would you need it VGA graded. What makes them more able to determine the condition of the game than you yourself? You do realize it is just some normal guy, some clown, scamming on this trumped up grading nonsense, right? I mean seriously, he sells his own games he buys and rates himself and trumps up the price on. Its a bust. Only idiots buy into that crap. Don't be a idiot. The world has enough worthless oxygen wasters as it is without you joining their ranks.

VestCunt

Quote from: seieienbu on 01/28/2013, 01:51 PMThat's kinda funny.  IIRC there were still new copies on TZD until the site went down...
No, they definitely didn't. Unless you're talking about unadvertised stock, both Ys games sold out in the Nineties. The closest they had to RPGs at the end were Dungeon Master and Shape Shifter. Loom sold out c. 2005, Might and Magic sometime around 2001.
Topic Adjourned.

Sparky

Quote from: chadti99 on 01/28/2013, 02:53 PMYs Book 1&2 had a profound impact on me as a kid and I actually would like to get a copy VGA graded and framed.
I like the idea of framing but for me it would be a map or a poster from the game, to bad ys did not have something interesting like that that came with It. Also pass on the VGA grading, like prof said, there no experts.

Anyway if that's what you want hope you find one at a good price :)

pc_kwajalein

My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

tggodfrey

VGA is a pretty poor grading system.  We have proven their lack of attention to detail many times.  Our company has developed a KMA grading system and we vacuum seal the game as well.  I dont happen to have a Ys Book 1 & 2 but if you happen to locate one we would be happy to do the grading for you and our certificate is not a cheap printer version that VGA gives you either.  Our certificates have a 24 karat gold border and are hard stamped by an authorized notary.  Our fees are below.

KMA Grading performed by YADF Inc.
300 point grading system
** Graded and SF6 Gas vacuum sealed 1" thick fireproof case with Certificate...........832.00
Note: if you are not familiar with SF6 gas, we ask you educate yourself.  Should you break the case open, the Gas release my be required to be disclosed to the EPA depending on your state laws.
** Graded and sealed in a 1/4 plexi case with certificate...... 375.00 (this is still a better buy compared to VGA grading)
** Graded but not sealed, placed in a cheapass plexi case like VGA with a certificate........278.32

Lastly for the individuals who are not will to protect their investment yet want to experience the grading system of the elite we off one last grading option.
** Grading only with framed certificate........125.00
  note: this grading style has an expiration date of 12 months.  At that point you can send the game back to us and we will regrade it again to establish its worthiness.

If you would like us to locate the game for you we can do that as well.  We have found this game many times before and charge a fee of 675.00 plus a finders fee of 335.00.  There is often an importation fee since we find most outside the US in the hands of the elite collectors.  At times we will even contact past collectors/customers if they would like to sell a game we graded. 

If you would like to inquire further you can contact us at:
YADF Inc.
1287S34 Yusef Way
Everglades, FL 14587
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 01/28/2013, 02:31 PMThat's plscards listing.  Expect to see the game up for sale in a week or two.  He shill bids the shit out of his listings.
Given the high feedback of both accounts, I'd say its probably actually a legit sale. Stupid, but legit.

Also, given his recent failures of sales, I'd say he appears to have stopped shill bidding. My theory is that enough people reported him for his blatantly obvious shill bidding on Parasol Stars, that perhaps ebay gave him a stern warning.

For example, I recently remember a BIN going to PLC for $40 shipped. Looks like he didn't make his money back here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boxyboy-TurboGrafx-16-1990-Factory-Sealed-TG-TG16-Turbo-Duo-Mint-/121054768168?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c2f6d2c28

Also, seeing as there are many PCE collectors here that lurk, it may very well be the case that most people now avoid bidding on his items due to him being a known shill bidder. Also, interestingly, there is a news article floating around about a man in the UK who was arrested and charged due to shill bidding on ebay.

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2013, 03:44 PMI like the idea of framing but for me it would be a map or a poster from the game, to bad ys did not have something interesting like that that came with It. Also pass on the VGA grading, like prof said, there no experts.
For NES and SNES games, the VGA casing looks kind of nice. Personally, I think their casing for turbografx games is absolutely hideous:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neutopia-II-2-TurboGrafx-16-Turbo-Grafx-VGA-85-Brand-New-Factory-Sealed-/130841023389?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e76bb939d

There is way too much space around the sides. To me, it screams, "You paid us $60, and we couldn't bother to find a case that fits, sucka!" That said, you can buy grade-less VGA cases from them. I'd personally rather do that, since the whole grading thing bugs me, and doesn't really add to visual aspect of the display.

Also, when the video game market crashes, the people who have all these VGA graded games are going to be the ones "left holding the bag." I imagine that while there are some legitimate VGA collectors, the majority are speculators, who consider the value of these crypt-esque games to be untouchable. I feel sorry for them.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Sparky

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 01/28/2013, 04:06 PMFor NES and SNES games, the VGA casing looks kind of nice. Personally, I think their casing for turbografx games is absolutely hideous:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neutopia-II-2-TurboGrafx-16-Turbo-Grafx-VGA-85-Brand-New-Factory-Sealed-/130841023389?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e76bb939d

There is way too much space around the sides. To me, it screams, "You paid us $60, and we couldn't bother to find a case that fits, sucka!"
Hahaha, I agree with you there, well said.

I am working on a logo and some f@ckery towards VGA... Will have kits to give out to the f-eBay members in hopes they can use them if they want to sell there tg16/duo commons on eBay, might even get them more sales! :P

Sorry for the hijacking of your thread chadti99, you got some good convo brewing with the sealed and VGA mentions, you hit a vein :P

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2013, 06:39 PMI am working on a logo and some f@ckery towards VGA... Will have kits to give out to the f-eBay members in hopes they can use them if they want to sell there tg16/duo commons on eBay, might even get them more sales! :P
To be honest, this looks nice to me. Not a ridiculous one meeeeelllliiiioooonnnn dollars nice, or whatever stupid price people pay. Its still a nice display piece, and would look much nicer without that ridiculous VGA grading crap. I'd love to get a sealed Dungeon Explorer, and maybe a Japanese Dungeon Explorer 2, sealed, with a nice protective acrylic case, as collection center pieces. Neither are rare enough that they are depriving anyone of a chance to own the games, and they'd look good as a tribute to my fav turbo games.

EDIT: Scratch that, the sealed DE2 Japan has that stupid whatever card in it, that people go gaga over. It covers around 15% artwork, and looks like ass. The open copy looks nice enough.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Bardoly

While I am not a sealed game collector, I can definitely see how having one or two of one's favorite games as a display piece could be nice.  I personally like these box protectors.  They're not too expensive; they do make the boxes look nice; and they also help the boxes stand up straight in a bookshelf while still protecting the boxes.

Sadler

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/28/2013, 03:34 PM
Quote from: chadti99 on 01/28/2013, 02:53 PMYs Book 1&2 had a profound impact on me as a kid and I actually would like to get a copy VGA graded and framed, not looking to resell on Ebay.  I don't normally collect sealed games but there are a few mint or sealed games I would like to own and display.  If anyone has an opened but mint/complete copy I would consider this as well.
What would you need it VGA graded. What makes them more able to determine the condition of the game then you yourself? You do realize it is just some normal guy, some clown, scamming on this trumped up grading nonsense, right? I mean seriously, he sells his own games he buys and rates himself and trumps up the price on. Its a bust. Only idiots buy into that crap. Don't be a idiot. The world has enough worthless oxygen wasters as it is without you joining their ranks.
I'd bet money we're getting trolled.  =;

bartre

Quote from: Bardoly on 01/28/2013, 08:14 PMWhile I am not a sealed game collector, I can definitely see how having one or two of one's favorite games as a display piece could be nice.  I personally like these box protectors.  They're not too expensive; they do make the boxes look nice; and they also help the boxes stand up straight in a bookshelf while still protecting the boxes.
i second that, actually.
some of my pricer complete N64 games are in those, and they look nice and do their job great.

as to slabbed games, yeah i suppose i can see having one or two, but there are a decent chunk of people who ONLY collect sealed/graded games, and that kinda defeats the purpose, y'know?

Sadler

Quote from: bartre on 01/28/2013, 09:43 PM
Quote from: Bardoly on 01/28/2013, 08:14 PMWhile I am not a sealed game collector, I can definitely see how having one or two of one's favorite games as a display piece could be nice.  I personally like these box protectors.  They're not too expensive; they do make the boxes look nice; and they also help the boxes stand up straight in a bookshelf while still protecting the boxes.
i second that, actually.
some of my pricer complete N64 games are in those, and they look nice and do their job great.

as to slabbed games, yeah i suppose i can see having one or two, but there are a decent chunk of people who ONLY collect sealed/graded games, and that kinda defeats the purpose, y'know?
There's a good chance you are right and I'm being an asshole. I own a few sealed copies of games I really like on the TG. I guess the VGA thing set off my alarm bells.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Sadler on 01/28/2013, 09:45 PM
Quote from: bartre on 01/28/2013, 09:43 PM
i second that, actually.

There's a good chance you are right and I'm being an asshole. I own a few sealed copies of games I really like on the TG. I guess the VGA thing set off my alarm bells.
Eh, I think the possibility exists that the OP is plcards, desperate from a streak of recent bad sales, wanting to make another gold sale like last night's. I can't prove it one way or another, but the timing is suspect.

Also, I met a guy last August who ONLY collected VGA games, actually was at his house. Nice enough guy, made me a great deal on a beat-up Bomberman 2nd Attack, but... yeah.

I've never met anyone so dispassionate about his collection, while having close to $60,000 in current market value in VGA games. The games were stored in a linen closet or on his floor, nothing was on display. The games could have been bricks of gold, for all he cared. I hold nothing against him, it is his life, his toys; I was just bewildered by how little he seemed to have an emotional attachment to his rather impressive collection.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Sadler

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2013, 10:07 PMEh, I think the possibility exists that the OP is plcards, desperate from a streak of recent bad sales, wanting to make another gold sale like last night's. I can't prove it one way or another, but the timing is suspect.

Also, I met a guy last August who ONLY collected VGA games, actually was at his house. Nice enough guy, made me a great deal on a beat-up Bomberman 2nd Attack, but... yeah.

I've never met anyone so dispassionate about his collection, while having close to $60,000 in current market value in VGA games. The games were stored in a linen closet or on his floor, nothing was on display. The games could have been bricks of gold, for all he cared. I hold nothing against him, it is his life, his toys; I was just bewildered by how little he seemed to have an emotional attachment to his rather impressive collection.
There is a possibility, but the guy's posts don't really indicate it. I really should have read them before saying something. chadti99, I apologize.

SignOfZeta

I too have fond memories of Ys 1&2. It's one of my favorite games of all time. My friends and I all beat it back then, the same copy of the game on the same Duo. Then we beat it again. Good times!

The thing is, VGA knows nothing about this. They may assign some grade or some value to the game, but only I know what great times I had with this (now somewhat beat up, pack-in version) back in the day with my friends. The only thing they have a superior understanding of is how to fuck people out of their money. The only things they can "grade" or "authenticate" are things I don't even believe in. They're basically the NGF of every system and I'm astounded that so many people want to get screwed by them.

Why aren't your memories and passions enough proof of the game's worth? Why do you need external validation?
IMG

VestCunt

Chadti - if you're going to grade something, you should send your beat-up play copy. That's the one with value.

The first games I got for my Duo were Ys (loose pack-in), Lords, and CF2. I later picked up a complete copy of Ys because it was cheap and I wanted a manual. Then I bought a new copy of Lords because my disc was scratched and Gameexpress was selling them for $10. Then I bought a new copy of CF2 because ebay sellers were giving them away for $10. I made all of these purchases telling myself I'd sell my ratty used discs only to find that they were the ones I cared about. My loose Ys disc in its bare white tray and scuffed jewel case rekindles more memories than the box I bought on ebay in 2005 ever will.
Topic Adjourned.

chadti99

Back in 89 or 90, one day after school and a few weeks before Christmas I decided to do some snooping around my parents house to see if I could find any presents.  I looked all over the place, and in most years I would usually turn up nothing. This year, deep in a kitchen cabinet between some cook books, and to my amazement, was a brand new copy of Ys Book!  This confirmed one thing for me, and something I didn't think my parents would spring for, I would most likely have a TurboGrafx CD waiting for me under the tree this year!  I was aghast, this was going to be the best Christmas ever!  So every day after school I would pull this game out of the cabinet and stare at the pictures, read the description on the back, day dreaming of what great adventures I would have, I spent a lot of time with this sealed box.  Obviously I would have to put the game back up before the parents came home, and I did this every day leading up to Christmas before Christmas break.

So Christmas Eve came, this was when my family opened presents, and indeed I got the TurboGrafx CD in all its giant boxed glory along with a couple games, but no Ys Book.  So I waited patiently for everyone to open their presents and then began looking around the tree to see if maybe one had been missed, but nothing, no more presents.  Eventually I had to confess to my parents that I knew of one more present that they may have forgotten, I even had to show them where it was, lol.  But finally I had the game that I knew nothing about apart from what the pics and description on the back had told me.  Man was I in for a treat, that opening cinema just blew me away.

So yah, I had no idea I would stir up this much controversy.  I think what I like best about what VGA is offering is the UV protective acrylic cases which I'm sure I could source elsewhere.  And in all honesty I did watch the recent sealed Ys auction hoping I might be able to snag it for a decent price but obviously that didn't happen.  So I'm just hoping I can find someone that would like to sell a copy to a fellow enthusiast but not at Ebay prices.  The story above explains why I would like it to be sealed or have a mint box.  I still have my original CD and case but the box has long since been discarded.  Once I get it framed up and on the wall in my den, each time I take a look it will remind me of the best Christmas ever.

NecroPhile

livid = furious or pale.  So were you mad that you were getting Ys instead of Magical Dinosaur Tour, or did you nearly pass out from the shock of finding Adol in your cupboard and the sudden rush of blood to your nether regions at the prospect of getting a TG-CD?

P.S. - sealed games are dumb; giving money to VGA is even dumber.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

chadti99

yah livid would be the wrong word, thanks for pointing that out, made the correction

CGQuarterly

I've got a CIB retail copy of Ys that I could neatly wrap in cling film and get TurboStars graded for you.

I understand that the game has strong nostalgic importance for you, but I still don't understand the need to have a sealed VGA-graded copy.  Do you still have the copy that your parents gave you?  There are a LOT of games that are nostalgically important to me.  So what I do is keep playable copies of all of them in my library.  Ideally CIB so that I can have all of the cool stuff hat came with the game.

Chris

chadti99

JibbaJabba I've already answered all these questions.  Not sure why I'm getting beat up here. I'm not forcing anyone else to buy sealed games or asking anyone to send money to VGA.  Please start a new thread for hating on VGA or sealed game buyers.

Bernie

chadti, don't get these guys wrong.  You are new here, so I can see it as easy to take it as being attacked.  They aren't actually attacking your idea, not fully anyway.  I personally see what you are wanting to do.  I wouldn't do it, maybe a nice MINTY box, but not the entire game.  One of the main reasons you are getting some of the comments is because we have seen a lot of people trying to sell this kinda thing on eBay for huge amounts of money.  I think you have proven that is not your intent here.  Just don't get offended by some of the guy's ideas.  :)

chadti99

Quote from: Bernie on 01/29/2013, 12:30 PMchadti, don't get these guys wrong.  You are new here, so I can see it as easy to take it as being attacked.  They aren't actually attacking your idea, not fully anyway.  I personally see what you are wanting to do.  I wouldn't do it, maybe a nice MINTY box, but not the entire game.  One of the main reasons you are getting some of the comments is because we have seen a lot of people trying to sell this kinda thing on eBay for huge amounts of money.  I think you have proven that is not your intent here.  Just don't get offended by some of the guy's ideas.  :)
Thanks Bernie,  as I've said before it doesn't have to be sealed because I might open it and have the box, map, jewel case, and CD all framed together.  I think that would look great.  I'm one of those folks that puts Zagg shields on their entire phone, hell I haven't removed the plastic film from my WiiU yet, I just like my stuff looking nice and perfect.

RoyVegas

All is well. :)

psychobear

chadti99

Nice Roy, where do you get your copy? Let me know if you would like to part with it.

RoyVegas

Quote from: chadti99 on 01/29/2013, 01:55 PMNice Roy, where do you get your copy?
I bought it on eBay for $10 shipped around 2 years ago. It's amazing what you can get if you can be patient (I learned this the hard way).
All is well. :)

SignOfZeta

If the only reason to get the game VGA graded is to protect it from UV light then...why not just leave it in a drawer and protect it from all visible radiation? It's not like your going to play it, it's sealed.

Or better yet, just don't even buy it.
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/29/2013, 06:37 PMIf the only reason to get the game VGA graded is to protect it from UV light then...why not just leave it in a drawer and protect it from all visible radiation? It's not like your going to play it, it's sealed.

Or better yet, just don't even buy it.
You don't have to keep it in a drawer or UV filtering case to protect it from the wear of possessing it. It is already safe from any harm you'd cause it by being in the possession of someone else. Once the novelty of not playing it wears off and you decide to sell it, it will be very easy to do as the transaction is already complete!
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

chadti99

I can't say that I really understand the aggression here.  I already have a copy I can play anytime.  I would like to have a new or mint copy that I can get framed and have displayed.  I'm not sure how this is any different than any other form of collecting be it classic cars, fine art, or comic books.

Bernie

They just having a little fun is all.  :)

TheClash603

I like the last idea, where he said he wanted to frame the game, the map, the instructions, and the box together.  If it were done right, that would be kinda a cool thing.  I have seen similar framing of sports memorabilia or music items, etc.  Especially since you can get a CIB game for like $60 and professional framing would be a few hundred bucks, it is a reasonably priced display piece.  Also, since this is a pretty common game, it isn't like throwing one in a frame is going to make it so none of us can easily access a CD only copy for $30ish any day of the week.

HOWEVER, if you don't also have a playable copy at your disposal, then framing your only copy would be awful.

FINALLY, getting the game sealed to open it up and do this, doesn't make any sense at all...

SignOfZeta

IMG

chadti99

Exactly what? If I were to drop a couple hundred bucks on a sealed copy I probably wouldn't open it.  But if I find a sealed copy like Roy for $10 then maybe I will.  

I feel like I'm talking to a much younger crowd here and that's where some of the confusion is coming from.  I too hope that the recent price increases on used games in the past few years bubbles and pops but I'm not so sure this will ever happen.  There are a lot of folks my age that grew up with this stuff and now have a disposable income.  Combine demand with rarity and greed and this is why prices are rising.  It does suck, I was really hoping to have a shot at that auction but if I'm patient I'm sure a good price will turn up. That's why I posted here.

On a side note the guy running the auction contacted me right after mentioning he actually had two copies and would sell me the remaining copy for close to the auction close price.  This seemed pretty fishy so I asked for pics and he was able to provide pics of both copies side by side.  I tried offering him a lower price but he explained the auction winner already expressed interest in buying it at full price.  Whomever this guy is must have deep pockets or this is all BS and we'll see him posting the game up again, lol!

nectarsis

Quote from: chadti99 on 01/29/2013, 07:41 PMExactly what? If I were to drop a couple hundred bucks on a sealed copy I probably wouldn't open it.  But if I find a sealed copy like Roy for $10 then maybe I will. 

I feel like I'm talking to a much younger crowd here and that's where some of the confusion is coming from.  I too hope that the recent price increases on used games in the past few years bubbles and pops but I'm not so sure this will ever happen.  There are a lot of folks my age that grew up with this stuff and now have a disposable income.  Combine demand with rarity and greed and this is why prices are rising.  It does suck, I was really hoping to have a shot at that auction but if I'm patient I'm sure a good price will turn up. That's why I posted here.
Except the fact that a maority of the regulars are late 20's to late 30's....most "grew up with this stuff."
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

chadti99

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/29/2013, 08:08 PM
Quote from: chadti99 on 01/29/2013, 07:41 PMExactly what? If I were to drop a couple hundred bucks on a sealed copy I probably wouldn't open it.  But if I find a sealed copy like Roy for $10 then maybe I will. 

I feel like I'm talking to a much younger crowd here and that's where some of the confusion is coming from.  I too hope that the recent price increases on used games in the past few years bubbles and pops but I'm not so sure this will ever happen.  There are a lot of folks my age that grew up with this stuff and now have a disposable income.  Combine demand with rarity and greed and this is why prices are rising.  It does suck, I was really hoping to have a shot at that auction but if I'm patient I'm sure a good price will turn up. That's why I posted here.
Except the fact that a maority of the regulars are late 20's to late 30's....most "grew up with this stuff."
I'm not talking about the whole site just the haters in this thread.  If they are over 30 they sure don't act like it.

tggodfrey

Quote from: chadti99 on 01/29/2013, 08:11 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 01/29/2013, 08:08 PM

I'm not talking about the whole site just the haters in this thread.  If they are over 30 they sure don't act like it.
You will find this true in many cases.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy