The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Feedback Forum?

Started by Joe Redifer, 08/29/2010, 03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would a feedback forum be beneficial to PCEFX.com?

Yes
11 (64.7%)
No
4 (23.5%)
Doesn't matter to me either way (this counts as "no").
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Joe Redifer

Perhaps PCEFX needs a Feedback forum for buyers and sellers.  Basically it would be a forum and a thread would be created for each member either by themselves or other members.  For example, if I had a deal with nat and nat didn't yet have a feedback thread, I could start a nat feedback thread and state how my transaction went, positive or negative.  He could do the same for me, or maybe I had already created my own feedback thread and nat could just make a post in it.  The threads could be updated with the alt names of the same sellers/buyers on other locations like eBay (for example).

Comments?

BlueBMW

I was just thinking of suggesting this idea yesterday.  It works great in some of the car forums I use.  I say yes.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

I suggested this to a group in the shoutbox quite a while ago, and I concur it is a great idea!

Sinistron

Joe you put your own spin on stuff anyway- since when does anyone's opinion on anything matter?  Just do whatever you want, create whatever you want.  It's your world.  We only post here.
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

NecroPhile

If anyone turns out to be a scammer they get the boot, so a feedback forum would be a giant waste of time.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Quote from: guest on 08/30/2010, 01:09 PMIf anyone turns out to be a scammer they get the boot, so a feedback forum would be a giant waste of time.
Exactly. This has been brought up before, and usually struck down as unnecessary.  Scammers, etc. get the boot/busted pretty fast around here even though SOME people complain about those who look out out for the community...those same people complained about have helped bust more scammers than anyone else.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

blueraven

If anyone tries to scam here, I have a strange feeling that they will be ostracized accordingly.

I agree, Necromancer; A feedback forum seems like a waste of energy to me.

BlueBMW

Somethings gotta fill the void left by the loss of the fighting street...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

JoshTurboTrollX

I think a feedback thread in the buy/sell/trade forum is all that would be needed.  A whole forum for this would be silly.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

Looks like more people don't want it than do.  I added a poll just for fun.

turbogrfxfan

yeah I think if someone does shady stuff everyone would know in a second anyhow. it may not hurt but it may just cause more drama.
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

omnedon

I'm leaning yes.

Can I go first?
Contact chop5 for any NEC console services.

nectarsis

Quote from: omnedon on 09/02/2010, 06:44 PMI'm leaning yes.

Can I go first?
Omnedon -1 for general douchey behavior, and crappy communication/customer service.

omnedon

I don't think this thread is the actual forum nect. I think there would be an announcement or something.

nectarsis

Quote from: omnedon on 09/02/2010, 07:05 PMI don't think this thread is the actual forum nect. I think there would be an announcement or something.
REALLY?!?!  Holy crap I must have gotten confused there for a min  :roll: #-o

More lulz fail man..keep trying you MAY get a zinger out yet ;)

turbogrfxfan

whata jerk.  I agree w others on here that people can only post in sales thread if they have over a hundred posts or something.  so you dont get clowns like what you see behind me.

omnedon

I agree with turbografxfan. a Post count minimum works in other forums.

post++

PCEngineFX

If I enable a minimum post count, won't that encourage people to post junk posts?  Or are you saying, to post up something for sale you need a certain number of posts?
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 09/02/2010, 08:26 PMIf I enable a minimum post count, won't that encourage people to post junk posts?  Or are you saying, to post up something for sale you need a certain number of posts?
your 100 percent correct with the junk posts.  Ive seen it all day today.  it wouldnt do much i suppose.  I guess its really up to the person knowing the seller. but yeah i was saying in order to put something up for sale you have to have a min. amount of posts but i kinda see now that it wouldnt worrk.

a feedback forum is a good idea but i feel it would just be a shiitting ground and people could really damage someone that didnt deserve it.  i dont know  maybe just keep a count of thumbs up or down w no comments

henrycsc

I can understand that some would question the effectiveness of a feedback system, but is there any reason that it would hurt?

I've had good luck with all of my transactions through the forum, but I could have just as easily been burned too.  A feedback system may have discouraged me from entering some of those transactions (based on newbies) but may have protected others.

Unless someone has a legitimate reason that it would hurt, I'd be for it.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

JoshTurboTrollX

I think a minimum of 20 posts wouldn't be too bad.  Probably in the rare occasion that a guy does go about boosting his post count.  At least its only 20....
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/07/2010, 04:21 PMI think a minimum of 20 posts wouldn't be too bad.  Probably in the rare occasion that a guy does go about boosting his post count.  At least its only 20.... 
If it seems that too many people are posting junk to hit the magic number, the number can be raised 'til it's too much effort and they die off.  Plus, the mods can delete their crap posts to keep the count where it belongs and/or ban the offender for spam posting.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: guest on 09/07/2010, 04:28 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/07/2010, 04:21 PMI think a minimum of 20 posts wouldn't be too bad.  Probably in the rare occasion that a guy does go about boosting his post count.  At least its only 20.... 
If it seems that too many people are posting junk to hit the magic number, the number can be raised 'til it's too much effort and they die off.  Plus, the mods can delete their crap posts to keep the count where it belongs and/or ban the offender for spam posting.
I agree w nec

omnedon

turbografxfan:
Quotea feedback forum is a good idea but i feel it would just be a shiitting ground and people could really damage someone that didnt deserve it.  i dont know  maybe just keep a count of thumbs up or down w no comments
Quoted for truth. I can't describe how strongly I agree with turbografxfan on that one.

Senshi

While some people might give someone bad feedback because they simply don't like them or they want to be a troll, I'd rather have these systems then not have them. Besides i think you'll see from the bulk of posts whether someone is a good trader/seller/buyer or not. I feel better about these feedback forums than ebay these days because the feedback isn't getting inflated or having bad feedback covered up like on ebay. If someone is a bum it will become quite clear.

It would be ten times more convenient than trying to use the search function or sorting sales threads by username and scrolling through.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

SMF

A good way to stop the spam posts would be you couldn't sell on the forums unless you've been a member for 2-3 months and maybe 20-30 (non spam) Posts. That way you know that member is legit.

O and with all the crooks out there I say paypal is the only way to go about making transactions on the forums.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

BlueBMW

I know Neo-Geo.com uses a pretty fancy feedback tracking system.  Not sure if that's something thats worth trying to implement here though.

Bernie

Ive always felt that just leaving feedback in the thread where you bought something was good enough.  I dunno, maybe it would be a good idea.  But on the other hand, most of us here kinda go by word of mouth anyway via the shoutbox or existing posts.