@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Introducing myself and Turbo Views......

Started by ChrisBucci, 01/05/2009, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alt-Nintega

SuperPlay

Dam this review, I now have the Time Cruise soundtrack stuck in my head  :wink:

NoSexGex

Quote from: SuperPlay on 03/31/2017, 09:33 AMDam this review, I now have the Time Cruise soundtrack stuck in my head  :wink:
The main theme is so catchy, I like it too
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esadajr

Another great review. This immediately reminded me of Klash Ball, specially the dull sad graphics. Klash Ball at least wasn't that messy.
Gaming since 1985

esteban

Quote from: esadajr on 04/17/2017, 11:07 AMAnother great review. This immediately reminded me of Klash Ball, specially the dull sad graphics. Klash Ball at least wasn't that messy.
I never played Klash Ball, but I bet it is the superior game.

Not that that is saying much...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Winniez

I really enjoy your consistent and high quality reviews. Would like to see more import games covered but that would go against your channel name :)

And I agree about Ballistix, I have the PC-Engine version. I usually love those kind of simple fun titles that depicts some strange fictional sport. But this game just isn't fun, no matter how hard I tried to like it.

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

NoSexGex

Chris is on fire making these videos lately! Would have been funny if this was released December'ish
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

munchiaz

TR0N

TAITO !! Don Doko Don,one of my favorite takes on the bubble bobble formula.
IMG

TR0N

IMG

Gredler

Best game, great review,  thanks for another rad video!

esteban

Quote from: Gredler on 07/01/2017, 01:58 PMBest game, great review,  thanks for another rad video!
Wait—you like hockey games?

This is shocking.

:)

geise

I have always liked his reviews.  Makes me actually go back and play games I don't usually think about playing.

esteban

Quote from: geise on 07/01/2017, 09:44 PMI have always liked his reviews.  Makes me actually go back and play games I don't usually think about playing.
That is what I love about his videos, too.

When folks post passionately about a game here, too, at pcefx, I go back and give the game another chance.

That's what I love about our cabal.

Like digital.k's posts about DO NATURAL (full name escapes me at the moment)....

NoSexGex

Quote from: geise on 07/01/2017, 09:44 PMI have always liked his reviews.  Makes me actually go back and play games I don't usually think about playing.
Yeah same, i'm pumped about his future review for Sommer Assault

pressed

I'm watching your Valis III review now, it's great.   :P :D

TR0N

IMG

crazydean

Finally got around to watching a few of these, and I think you do a great job of reviewing these games. My favorite thing about game reviews and top tens, is that it lets someone give their opinion about a game and why it's good/bad. A good reviewer can coerce me into playing a game that I wouldn't have otherwise given a shot.

I started your playlist of Turbo Views. My only complaint is that they are reverse chronological order. So, if you don't change the video manually, you end up watching the second, then the first part of a review. I've seen this with other youtubers, so does the youtube format just make it difficult to make a playlist in reverse?

TR0N

IMG

Bloufo

NoSexGex

I liked the Jodi/Forums shoutouts, cool he won the carrying pouch here. Fun little story how the only way he could get an express was buying in Canada

ginoscope

That was a good review and I also caught the forum/Jodi shout out.  Such a good system at the time but I was the same as Chris.  I was trying to figure out a way to get the cd unit and not the express.  I never owned the express until a few years ago.

RNSpeed

I liked the Turbo Express video, great review indeed.

turboswimbz

Great Extra episode.  I want all that weird stuff from the catalogs... TURBO Football, hell yes . . .
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

esteban

I have such a backlog of videos to watch now...also, is this the first PCE/TG-16 hardware review he has ever done? For the TE...nice. I am curious to see what he says about it...

TR0N

He put up this video recently for q&a.My question was would do another podcast he said yes.
IMG

TR0N

IMG

RNSpeed

Quote from: TR0N on 12/30/2017, 12:50 AM
An excellent game [Bloody Wolf] indeed. Thanks for the updated review.

NoSexGex

Chris uploaded this so late last night. Was a constant struggle between going bak to bed or checking this out

TR0N

Bump ! He had to reupload due to a error  ](*,) #-o
IMG

ChrisBucci

Hey gang, I just wanted to say "thanks as always."   I appreciate your support. 

Alt-Nintega

Hey Chris,

Thanks for your Turbo Views, very fun and informative show. Will you do reviews for other video game system when you run out of games to talk about for Turbo?

esteban

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 01/13/2018, 02:45 PMHey Chris,

Thanks for your Turbo Views, very fun and informative show. Will you do reviews for other video game system when you run out of games to talk about for Turbo?
Only after he has completed all the turbob games!

NecroPhile

When he runs out of Turbobs he'll move on to PCE.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 01/15/2018, 10:30 AMWhen he runs out of Turbobs he'll move on to PCE.  :mrgreen:
Yes! That is the correct answer.

Purple1308

I watched all of turboviews again recently and it was still great

TR0N

IMG

NightWolve

Ah, you beat me to it, saw this on Twitter from Johnny Millennium given that he's featured as a complainer of the horrors of Double Dungeons.

Here's a timed jump link to where his in-game shtick begins:

esteban

DAT BUCCI.
dat pinball
DAT DOUBLE D.
dat fear DD will get trashed

I'm not watching this video yet
I'm saving it for a rainy day
(Or a snowy day)

RANDOM: I just realized that I never owned/used digital audio tape...ever... outside of playing with a deck at the store.

TR0N

IMG

SuperPlay

Thanks for the heads up on these, missed the last two

NightWolve

Watched a nice little old TurboViews Dragon Spirit review - I have fond memories of this shooter with my TurboExpress portable. Loved the soundtrack especially, right along next to Super Star Soldier, overall always had a good time with this game, plenty of replay value even after beating it. As for the sequel Dragon Saber, eehhh, no so much love there, the soundtrack is not memorable, I just beat it and pretty much never bothered with it again.

NightWolve

Pre-Orders for TurboViews DVD Volume 4 are now active for a month. It's been 4 years since the last DVD set and Chris indicates this is the 2nd-to-last DVD release planned as he's "almost done" ??
http://turboviews.com/vol4preorder.html

TR0N

IMG

NightWolve

TurboViews tackles Capcom's legendary Street Fighter II: Champion Edition!

Chris "TurboViews" Bucci, a PCE pillar of the TurboGrafx-16 community, will focus on import HuCards after a decade+ of reviewing every US TG-16 game wraps up. A New Challenger Appears, the world phenomenon of "Street Fighter II" which prolonged the declining arcade business! Its arrival on consoles was a big deal. With a TurboExpress and region adapter, you were the cool kid on the block, best portable port at the time if you were lucky! Turns out Chris was one of those kids, even bringing it to school to show off, heh. ; )

IMG

I joined the SFII arcade craze with the Hyper Fighting upgrade and at first I didn't understand the appeal of 2 fighters over a static background (I understood Double Dragon/Ninja Gaiden co-ops, the traveling/adventure/stages, not this!), but eventually I got hooked along with Mortal Kombat and dropped countless quarters throughout my High School days. For home consoles I began with the SFII:World Warrior SNES port, but regretted I didn't wait for the HF upgrade... I never dreamed of import shopping off gaming mags, it took Dracula X & Ys IV to make that leap later, so I missed out on the PCE port. By then, SNES ports satisfied the need so it was moot. Anyway, click/watch below for the YouTube Retroview to see what Chris has to say! :thumbsup:

IMG

The Turbo Views (the TurboGrafx-16 / TurboDuo review series) Facebook Group - :thumbsup:

#turboviews #turbografx #turboduo #spida1a #youtube #retrogaming

HQ image assets I used to make this 2021 news entry:

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/images/SFIICE-Manual.jpg
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/images/SFIICE-TurboViewsThumb.jpg
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/images/SFIICE-PCEnginefan_jp_1993-06-2.jpg

(A GIF of the 3 images above made with JSAC Animation Shop)
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/images/SFIICE-TurboView.gif

Odonadon

Hi all,

I hope you are all well.

I've been very absent for, let's see, maybe 15-20 years now.  Just dropping in the thread here to spruke the TurboViews DVD collection from Spida1a. 

Also get some T-Shirts if you still can.

Cheers,
OD

NightWolve

Wowser, @Odonadon, been a llllllooooooong time! Mister OG Turbo2K (gone, but not forgotten) himself!

Guess I need to hurry up, get the chatbox back up again for quick hellos/catchups; I surely didn't expect to see you again, but trust you're doing well. If you're on Facebook, Twitter, or Discord BTW, add it to your profile; makes it easier for someone to catch up when old members/veterans randomly wander back.

I think that's your correct avatar, I know I embedded/saved it, but I wondered if that was a placeholder from the host, if not, feel free to patch it before you disappear. (It's all part of my image recovery scripts, so threads/posts are less broken from lost images to better archive ~20 years of PCE history/legacy with some Wayback aid).

I'm still not very happy with the state of the forum/software; the SMF 2.1 core was only a mild catch-up/improvement, but it's still way behind XenForo and even ProBoards where you don't have to deal with maintenance yourself (compelling reason to switch).

Anyway, given the bump to this thread, might as well share details on Chris Bucci's new Turbo Views channel update I noticed just now via Facebook! Ah, you noticed it also; I didn't read your whole post, I was still shocked at the "hi all" and that it was you, heh.
facebook.com/groups/65214321555/posts/10158349665281556

TurboViewsDVDBox.jpg
Nice DVD collector's box being readied.

Odonadon

Quote from: NightWolve on 05/18/2022, 10:15 PMWowser, @Odonadon, been a llllllooooooong time! Mister OG Turbo2K (gone, but not forgotten) himself!

Guess I need to hurry up, get the chatbox back up again for quick hellos/catchups; I surely didn't expect to see you again, but trust you're doing well. If you're on Facebook, Twitter, or Discord BTW, add it to your profile; makes it easier for someone to catch up when old members/veterans randomly wander back.
I'm doing well - it's been a very long time.  I hope you are also.  I'm still an avid Turbo fan, but very much out of the collection/website hosting space these past few decades.

QuoteI think that's your correct avatar, I know I embedded/saved it, but I wondered if that was a placeholder from the host, if not, feel free to patch it before you disappear. (It's all part of my image recovery scripts, so threads/posts are less broken from lost images to better archive ~20 years of PCE history/legacy with some Wayback aid).
Haha no definetely the wrong avatar - it was hosted on turbo2k.net which went bye-bye many moons ago (surprised the domain is still up for grabs).  It's not the only thing out of date in my profile - I'm not even in the same country anymore :)  I had a look through Dropbox and found this, I think this was the one I used:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/shd74nt66cljn48/ODONADON.JPG?dl=0

Doesn't let me embed, but clicking the link gets you there.

QuoteI'm still not very happy with the state of the forum/software; the SMF 2.1 core was only a mild catch-up/improvement, but it's still way behind XenForo and even ProBoards where you don't have to deal with maintenance yourself (compelling reason to switch).
I literally haven't posted on a forum (any forum, including Reddit!) for maybe 15 years.  Doesn't look much different, though I hope better protected from spammers?

QuoteAnyway, given the bump to this thread, might as well share details on Chris Bucci's new Turbo Views channel update I noticed just now via Facebook! Ah, you noticed it also; I didn't read your whole post, I was still shocked at the "hi all" and that it was you, heh.
I second that.  Chris is a legend.  I was very flattered in his Mysterious Song review when he mentioned the voice acting was on par with OG Turbo CD games :)

OD