RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

CD Boot Screens

Started by OldMan, 08/11/2011, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldMan

Does anyone have pictures of the different CD card boot screens (the intro screen) they could post?
I'm curious about how different the system 3.0 CD card screen is from the Arcade card and the Super CD card.
thx.

SignOfZeta

All Super System and Arcade Card screens are the same except the US one which has "PC Engine" hastily edited out.
IMG

BlueBMW

I can get you the laseractive boot screens if you wish.  Though that doesn't fulfill your original goal.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

thesteve

the arcade card duo doesnt have a boot screen of its own

Arkhan Asylum

what Zeta said.

System Card 3 is the same as the Super CD one.. and you can't tell the difference between it and an arcade card on screen.

Its fun when you put the arcade card into a duo-r and dont know if the card is working or if youre using the built-in one... lol

I have all the roms, I can send them to you if you want.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

henrycsc

There's also a couple different system cards for the Games Express CD Roms.  I only have the green one.  I know there is a blue one as well and possible others.

Were there any bootleg system cards?
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Arkhan Asylum

Sys Card 1 is pretty bootlegged, lol.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

CrackTiger

You can take a look at seven different ones at the bottom of this page.

There may be a variant of the Game Express screen, but otherwise that's all of them.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

The Turbo Grafx 16 CD System Card is the coolest 8) .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah I like the TG16 screen alot actually.  the tacky colors look awesome.

OldMan

Thank You Tiger. That was exactly what I needed.

And to everyone who said all the screens look the same, look again. Closely.
Is it NEC Home Electronics or is it NEC Corporation? 1991 or 1992?  etc...

From what I was looking at, it seems there's a basic screen, and different patches are
applied to it for the different versions.... :)

Arkhan Asylum

I dont think any of us look at anything aside from the big colorful logo because we smash the run button in immediately lol

The NEC corporation one is the US System Card 3.0.  They didnt go by NEC HE in America.

All the Japanese ones just update the version # and the year.

Arkhan Asylum

oops wrong button.

CrackTiger

Quote from: TheOldMan on 08/15/2011, 10:08 PMThank You Tiger. That was exactly what I needed.

And to everyone who said all the screens look the same, look again. Closely.
Is it NEC Home Electronics or is it NEC Corporation? 1991 or 1992?  etc...

From what I was looking at, it seems there's a basic screen, and different patches are
applied to it for the different versions.... :)
The different cards don't all have the same features either. I forget the specifics, but I believe that the 1.0 doesn't have a CD player and the first version with a CD player is missing a feature in the player that future versions have.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!