"Diving board converter"

Started by psychobear, 11/19/2012, 12:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psychobear

What would be a fair price for one of these "diving board" converters, a member on another forum is letting it go for 90$ shipped... Is that a good deal, my old one recently went out and I'm in need of picking up another..

CGQuarterly

I guess that's an Ok price.  The problem is that like everything else Turbo-related, the price has gone up.  And for that price, you could just have your system region-modded.

Chris

bartre

yeah, I, along with many (if not most/all) of the members here will just tell you to get your system modded.
It's cheaper, easier, and more reliable.
that said, I got mine a few months back for $30.

chany60126

I agree with the others that the price is OK for that converter. If have to have a converter instead of getting your system region modded, the diving board is a good choice as you don't have to remove the tray door if you use it on your Turbo Duo.

Arkhan Asylum

Its too expensive and retarded to buy for 90 money.

Get that shit modded instead dude. 

You can buy like 3 games with the money you would save.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

psychobear

Yeah I'm not getting it, only reason why I want it was cause mine broke and the only game I have is street fighter 2...  Thanks for the input so I'll be getting it modded then..

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: psychobear on 11/19/2012, 02:47 PMYeah I'm not getting it, only reason why I want it was cause mine broke and the only game I have is street fighter 2...  Thanks for the input so I'll be getting it modded then..
Definitely a wise choice there.  There are people on this forum that can do it up for you.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

cabbage

If the only import game you have (and plan to have) is SFII then why not just get one of chop5's chopsados?

SignOfZeta

IMG

bust3dstr8

Le Divingboard is pure collectable goodness...don't sell yourself short at $90.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

bartre

wait. wait. wait.
i think we're missing the point here.
his only import is SFII.
this guy needs some new games, like BATMAN!

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

psychobear

Quote from: bartre on 11/19/2012, 08:25 PMwait. wait. wait.
i think we're missing the point here.
his only import is SFII.
this guy needs some new games, like BATMAN!
I had more but I traded them after my old converter broke, I just recently found street fighter in some boxes I had in storage and my brother wants to play so I went on a hunt for a converter...

CGQuarterly

I would just get a chopsado until you can have your system modded.  Didn't realize you just had the one import game.

Chris

psychobear

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 11/20/2012, 12:09 AMI would just get a chopsado until you can have your system modded.  Didn't realize you just had the one import game.

Chris
Yeah that's what I'm going to do... Where can I pick one up

CGQuarterly

Gogan

Sold my diving board to RoyV for $45. I have no idea what he did with it o_O
Nothin beats the real thing.

CrackTiger

You can get a complete PC Engine console with a tap and Tennokoe 2 for much less.

If you're patient, you can get a PCE Duo for not much more.

Converters are strictly collectibles now and that's what you pay a collectors price for.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

psychobear

Yeah I ended up getting one from chop5... No way I was gonna pay that for it

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Gogan on 11/21/2012, 04:02 PMSold my diving board to RoyV for $45. I have no idea what he did with it o_O
I imagine its deep in his rectum with all the other Turbo junk.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 11/21/2012, 05:11 PM
Quote from: Gogan on 11/21/2012, 04:02 PMSold my diving board to RoyV for $45. I have no idea what he did with it o_O
Pics or it didn't happen.

VestCunt

Quote from: psychobear on 11/19/2012, 11:10 PMI had more but I traded them after my old converter broke,
What happened to your old converter? Did it break or just stop working? If it stopped working it may need to be cleaned. Unlike Turbo hardware, converters need to be cleaned regularly. I went through a Barney and a Mirai before I realized they weren't broken, just dirty. An old Gameboy system cleaner will work for the female end and the external contacts can be cleaned with a cotton swab. After cleaning, store it in a ziplock bag or something.
Topic Adjourned.

psychobear

Quote from: guest on 11/22/2012, 05:11 PM
Quote from: psychobear on 11/19/2012, 11:10 PMI had more but I traded them after my old converter broke,
What happened to your old converter? Did it break or just stop working? If it stopped working it may need to be cleaned. Unlike Turbo hardware, converters need to be cleaned regularly. I went through a Barney and a Mirai before I realized they weren't broken, just dirty. An old Gameboy system cleaner will work for the female end and the external contacts can be cleaned with a cotton swab. After cleaning, store it in a ziplock bag or something.
Cracked nearly inhalf after something fell on it..

VestCunt

Quote from: psychobear on 11/22/2012, 05:16 PM
Quote from: VestCunt on 11/22/2012, 05:11 PM
Yikes. That sucks.
Topic Adjourned.

esteban

Quote from: psychobear on 11/22/2012, 05:16 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/22/2012, 05:11 PM
Simply clean the broken ends with acetone and store the item in a paper bag. It will be fine and ready for heavy use in a month or two.

Gogan

Damn...thing was mint too
Nothin beats the real thing.

LostFlunky

Quote from: Gogan on 11/27/2012, 01:01 PM
Damn...thing was mint too
Could probably use a mint in there...