@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

flappy bird on SGX

Started by touko, 06/13/2014, 10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touko

hi, i made my own SGX version of this stupid game  :P

dropbox.com/s/2r0zrpd5byk51bn/flappy_bird_SGX.sgx

It works on emul, and real hardware of course (i hope lol), with a flash card .

Hi-res, hi-score, medals etc ..
So,get you better than a megadrive (score < 20) ???  :P

It's a complete game, and i'll probably include a music played by squirrel later .
You can see a short video here  ..

touko

touko

thanks, but there is no hardware detection, may be it works on pce too, but without second layer of  course
 ;-)

NecroPhile

Downloading now for weekend enjoyment.  In the mean time, please post up a video or some screenshots for those of us without SGX sexiness.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

touko

Quote from: guest on 06/13/2014, 12:58 PMDownloading now for weekend enjoyment.  In the mean time, please post up a video or some screenshots for those of us without SGX sexiness.
Yes, a video is planned, but i had no time ..

touko

There are some sfx and digits, mainly when your score is less than 20 or if it's a best score ..

@Nulltard:thanks for snapshot  :wink:

touko

roflmao

Very nice! I just played it via emulation and had it was a hoot! I only got something like 104, but I'll give it another go after I finish catching up on the forums. :) 

I'd heard some buzz about Flappy, but never played it.  It reminds me a lot of a game I used to have on my old Palm PDA - you piloted a helicopter through a cave that got narrower and narrower.  I can't remember the name of the game atm, but I played it all the time.

EDIT:  I just tried loading onto my GoY Flashcard and could not get it to run on my Duo. Maybe someone with an Everdrive will have better luck, but I'm guessing this will only work on a SuperGrafx.

touko

Thanks for testing, and i think it run only on sgx .
And yes flappy was not a revolutionary game, his concept is very simple and common to many other games.
Making a clone was very easy (2/3 weeks at more), this is why i chose this game  :P

SuperPlay

Must put dis down, I need to finish off YS IV .... OK Maybe just one more game ;-)

Nice work touko

touko

Thanks, this is just a little game, but it's a finished game, and on sgx ;-)

I also planned to port the amiga version of barbarian 1, and perhaps ghost'n goblins,all two on PCE ..

esteban

Barbarian!? You are crazy. I played the DOS version a million years ago and I still have nightmares.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

touko

Absolutely, i have already all the gfx, given by the coder of the megadrive version (F.L) ..

make this game would be only a little bit more difficult than flappy bird, 1/2 months should be enought .

esteban

Quote from: touko on 06/15/2014, 12:47 PMAbsolutely, i have already all the assets, given by the megadrive version (F.L) ..

make this game would be only a little bit more difficult than flappy bird, 1/2 months should be enought .
Best SGX game, ever.

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

HailingTheThings

IMG

Joe Redifer

Is this game designed for 16:9 widescreen or regular 4:3?

touko

Regular 4:3 of course .

@esteban: barbarian will be for PCE, because we don't need the SGX capabilities here, for both, babarian and ghost'n goblins.

Opethian

IMG

esteban

Quote from: touko on 06/16/2014, 03:21 AMRegular 4:3 of course .

@esteban: barbarian will be for PCE, because we don't need the SGX capabilities here, for both, babarian and ghost'n goblins.
I am happy, now, because I no longer have a SGX.

Woo hoo!

Joe Redifer

Quote from: touko on 06/16/2014, 03:21 AMRegular 4:3 of course .
Interesting. It looks kind of squished in 4:3.

touko

Because snaps (mainly the last one) was taken from a 16:9 lcd screen i think .

tggodfrey

This looks very cool, thanks
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

ClodBusted

Yep, from the screenshots it looks a lot like it was made to be intentionally stretched to 16:9 ratio.
Can't download the game at the moment, since the download site bans adblockers. Tried another browser without adblock activated, and the download speed was like 0,5 kB/sec. :-k

touko

ClodBusted

Quote from: touko on 06/17/2014, 11:00 AM@clodbuster: try this http://rapidshare.com/share/B32C8B33D2142E456D8685F74C68FDD1
Thanks! I've got trouble loading the game with Ootake, any hints? Otherwise I may give another emulator a try.

NecroPhile

I don't know if ootake has a similar option, but I had to set mednafen to force sgx mode.  I guess it doesn't recognize it as sgx automatically.

ClodBusted

Yes, Ootake's Super Grafx mode is hidden in the CPU settings. Got the game working.

Nicely done, touko! :) The control is spot on.
What I'd improve:
- The graphics look squished in 4:3. This is especially apparent when looking at the pipes and on the icons in the game over screen.
- After playing for around 2 minutes, I didn't notice any increase in difficuilty.

touko

You can see a short video here  ..

NightWolve

Quote from: touko on 06/20/2014, 10:01 AMYou can see a short video here  ..
Heh, the way that fapping bird dies the first time, to the cheers of boos even, was amusing. ;)

NightWolve

I had never seen this game before and ran into this "teens react to" show with it:
TEENS REACT TO FLAPPY BIRD
I still find it a dopey game, but I guess it has some following.

Dicer

NECRO BUMP

I need this anyone have it?

The original site is down, and google-fu is failing me

NecroPhile

Dicer

Quote from: guest on 03/14/2016, 04:45 PMdropbox.com/s/2r0zrpd5byk51bn/flappy_bird_SGX.sgx

As linked in touko's youtube video.
Ty sir, I must've blinded by the power of the SGX so I missed it...

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

touko

You can download the latest version now .

Soon, i'll post a SGX version of RT2A, the bonus shoot present on the revival chase CD .

ginoscope

This is really cool touko well done sir.

Dicer

Quote from: touko on 03/15/2016, 04:48 AMYou can download the latest version now .

Soon, i'll post a SGX version of RT2A, the bonus shoot present on the revival chase CD .
Oh yay more SGX love...poor machine :(

touko

QuoteOh yay more SGX love...poor machine :(
Yes, but too many projects and not enough time ..

i must finish chuck no-rice first on PCE, and i have started some SGX games (but barely started )  .
superman arcade
dragon ninja arcade
shinobi arcade
And of course a sgx SCD-romĀ² shmup .

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

Quote from: touko on 03/15/2016, 02:39 PM
QuoteOh yay more SGX love...poor machine :(
Yes, but too many projects and not enough time ..

i must finish chuck no-rice first on PCE, and i have started some SGX games (but barely started )  .
superman arcade
dragon ninja arcade
shinobi arcade
And of course a sgx SCD-romĀ² shmup .
Hey! Are you referring to the Taito Superman circa 1980's?

I always enjoyed playing that at the local bowling alley, back when it was released. Not an amazing game, but enjoyable.

Vimtoman

Is that the shootey style Superman

ParanoiaDragon

I assume it's the Superman, where you can have a 2nd player that is some kind of Superman clone?  I used to play that quite a bit BITD.
IMG

shubibiman

Maybe this one ?
Touko, you didn't tell us about these projects.

It's really cool that you're working on an SGX version of Shinobi. It's a shame the PCE version is lacking some levels.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

Quote from: shubibiman on 03/16/2016, 03:19 AMMaybe this one ?
Touko, you didn't tell us about these projects.

It's really cool that you're working on an SGX version of Shinobi. It's a shame the PCE version is lacking some levels.
Yeah, that's it!

:)

touko

Yes it's the taito version that shubibiman posted.

QuoteTouko, you didn't tell us about these project.
Yes i posted about these projects on necstasy 2/3 months ago  :wink:

QuoteIt's really cool that you're working on an SGX version of Shinobi. It's a shame the PCE version is lacking some levels.
And it's not that difficult doing those games close to arcade perfect,except for music lol ..

Duo_R

Downloaded, hope to try it soon. Just got a SGX so cant wait to try it.

touko

Duo_R

Quote from: touko on 04/04/2016, 02:50 PMThanks, you have also this game for SGX :
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=20701.0
Nice ill try that too! Thanks for the SGX support!

touko

i love this machine ;-)