The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

N.N.H "New newbie here"!!! :)

Started by NigazAllucard, 02/14/2008, 07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NigazAllucard

Hi there,
Well,  I'm a newbie here really, but don't in videogames as well.I played since 7 years old, and love it 'till nowadays.

At past times, at NES generation, I remember saw a picture of PC-ENGINE for the very first time, in a game magazine, called "Videogames" here in Brazil.And love it. I was thinking "how its possible?! a CD on a console??" my eyes shining seeing pictures from VALIS III , reading comments about animation does and voice acting."Superb"

Also remember when I saw Street fighter II" version ....one of my all time favorite games.Good times.

Since all that, I became a NEC fan, and after years surfing on internet, I collected goodies,played related games.. and one day I found this site and watched all video reviews, etc.
It was I knew the ANOTHER NEC system, the PC-FX. I ever confuse it with PC-Engine, like PC-FX was an acronym or something like that.
         Then I decide join it.
         So, I expect to make friends, change experiences and learn a lot.
         Greetings to all.

PS: wow, I forgot to mention that I a REALLY fan of VALIS series... and I have a DREAM to play all them on a REAL pc-engine or turbo duo...Maybe I do a little visit at SALES section . LoL  :D
TODAY'S PHRASE: "All Your Base Are Belong To Us"
IMG

Turbo D

welcome to the forum dude :) thats a great story.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

hey nigazallucard, welcome aboard! :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ceti Alpha

Greetings! Welcome nigazallucard!  :)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard the crazy train!  You say that you're a big fan of Valis, but I hope that you're not including Valis X.  :-#
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nat

He told me in PM that Valis X is his favorite.

Seldane

He told me in an e-mail that he only likes Valis X.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

OceanBlueKirby

Hello, Nigazallucard, sir. Good to see that you were able to join us. There is one thing I need to warn you about while you are here: Beware of the nine-tailed fox with a Nexus who lurks here mainly at night. He has been known to explode in a fiery blast at the least provocation, and can possibly be enough to make some retire from this place. Be wary of what you say around this creature to avoid this :-$. Other than that, I hope you enjoy your stay!
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

Keranu

Welcome aboard, HAR, HAAARRR, HAAAAAARRRRRR!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

nat

I like how Keranu gives every new user the impression he's a pirate.

It wasn't until I saw the pictures of him at MGC a few years back that I realized he wasn't actually a pirate.

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

NecroPhile

Quote from: nectarsis on 02/14/2008, 06:01 PM^ Is he a ninja then??  :-k
No, he's a mohawk sporting wrestler.  :D

nectarsis

Oh yea..we talked earlier today...but welcome to the funny farm  :)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 02/14/2008, 01:02 PMHello, Nigazallucard, sir. Good to see that you were able to join us. There is one thing I need to warn you about while you are here: Beware of the nine-tailed fox with a Nexus who lurks here mainly at night. He has been known to explode in a fiery blast at the least provocation, and can possibly be enough to make some retire from this place. Be wary of what you say around this creature to avoid this :-$. Other than that, I hope you enjoy your stay!
Be wary of directly antagonizing people and dredging up the past in unrelated threads as a method of doing so,it can back fire on you as you then become the instigator of a situation.  [-X

Joe Redifer

Yeah, welcome and post some Valis X pics! No wait... I think I have them all.

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/14/2008, 07:58 PMYeah, welcome and post some Valis X pics! No wait... I think I have them all.
so how about you post 'em?^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

turbokon

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Tatsujin

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 02/14/2008, 07:40 PM
Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 02/14/2008, 01:02 PMHello, Nigazallucard, sir. Good to see that you were able to join us. There is one thing I need to warn you about while you are here: Beware of the nine-tailed fox with a Nexus who lurks here mainly at night. He has been known to explode in a fiery blast at the least provocation, and can possibly be enough to make some retire from this place. Be wary of what you say around this creature to avoid this :-$. Other than that, I hope you enjoy your stay!
Be wary of directly antagonizing people and dredging up the past in unrelated threads as a method of doing so,it can back fire on you as you then become the instigator of a situation.  [-X
Well, a couple of folks gave me warnings on my now-locked "Hi! I'm New Here!" topic, so I've figured that I would do the same for this user. Of course, I won't tell every new one that comes by with a greeting topic this, since it would get tedious and boring after a while. I had no intention to making Kitsunexus a sort of "bad-guy", either, but you'll never know what could happen, and it was just to be on the safe side :-".
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

WataraSuperVisionKirby

Quote from: Game and Watch Kirby on 02/14/2008, 11:56 PMWell, a couple of folks gave me warnings on my now-locked "Hi! I'm New Here!" topic, so I've figured that I would do the same for this user. Of course, I won't tell every new one that comes by with a greeting topic this, since it would get tedious and boring after a while. I had no intention to making Kitsunexus a sort of "bad-guy", either, but you'll never know what could happen, and it was just to be on the safe side :-".
Without a substantial amount of solid evidence, I have been coerced by logic to refute your claims as preposterous falsities. For what good do you bring by recruiting an unwilling and unaware discussion neophyte into your slanderous misdoings? Of course, it is rather rude of myself to propose that you have nothing to prove without giving you a chance to enlighten our intellectual sensibilities with the soothing lather of factual knowlege.

I can only hope that you, as well as Joe Redifer, Nat and Keranu the moderators forgive me for my blind hastiness. I feel that if we can establish an environment where information is shared between like-minded intellectuals that a golden age of knowledge and friendship will be bestowed upon us through the efforts of our collective brain trust. Furthermore, for you to continually chastise Kitsunexus, even if his wrongdoings are justifiable simply demonstrates your regression to a primal state of mind, and unfit for a society where most wars are won with the stroke of a key on a keyboard which is connected to a computer furthermore being connected to the Internet.

If this character insists on acting like a heathen towards you, why not show him who is the more evolved species?

Kitsunexus

Quote from: WataraSuperVisionKirby on 02/15/2008, 12:22 AMWithout a substantial amount of solid evidence, I have been coerced by logic to refute your claims as preposterous falsities. For what good do you bring by recruiting an unwilling and unaware discussion neophyte into your slanderous misdoings? Of course, it is rather rude of myself to propose that you have nothing to prove without giving you a chance to enlighten our intellectual sensibilities with the soothing lather of factual knowlege.

I can only hope that you, as well as Joe Redifer, Nat and Keranu the moderators forgive me for my blind hastiness. I feel that if we can establish an environment where information is shared between like-minded intellectuals that a golden age of knowledge and friendship will be bestowed upon us through the efforts of our collective brain trust. Furthermore, for you to continually chastise Kitsunexus, even if his wrongdoings are justifiable simply demonstrates your regression to a primal state of mind, and unfit for a society where most wars are won with the stroke of a key on a keyboard which is connected to a computer furthermore being connected to the Internet.

If this character insists on acting like a heathen towards you, why not show him who is the more evolved species?
Shut the fuck up, Kirby.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

WataraSuperVisionKirby

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/15/2008, 12:24 AMShut the **** up, Kirby.
Great Scott!  :shock: Mind your tongue, you insipid cur, lest you lose the ability to use it here.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: WataraSuperVisionKirby on 02/15/2008, 12:25 AMGreat Scott!  :shock: Mind your tongue, you insipid cur, lest you lose the ability to use it here.
Oh yeah motherfucker? You and what army?

Hobo Xiphas

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 02/15/2008, 12:31 AMOh yeah motherfucker? You and what army?
The Illinois National Guard.  It doesn't take many resources to bribe Blagojevich.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 02/15/2008, 12:47 AMThe Illinois National Guard.  It doesn't take many resources to bribe Blagojevich.
I surrender already.  :shock:

WoodyXP

Welcome to the party Nigaz.
/clapperhh6.gif.
Post and post often.  8)
"I bathe in AES carts."

MurderDate

Ah another thread down the tubes
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

PCEngineHell

Quote from: MurderDate on 02/15/2008, 09:09 AMAh another thread down the tubes
Yep,seems the Twin Kirbys may pose a threat here. Kinda odd both Kirbys are obsessed over Joe and Nat as being moderators in a weird jealous manor. Instead of just referring to Joe as Joe like we all do,Kirby says Joe Redifer the Moderator
Quote from: WataraSuperVisionKirby on 02/14/2008, 05:34 AMHowever Joe Redifer the Moderator, I do appreciate your opinion as equal and valid and to the fairest sense of judgment. Ergo while I may not agree fully with the ideas and viewpoints you set forth, I can only hope through our continued discussion that I may learn more about yourself, and you I. It is this idea of cultural and intellectual exchange that allows this forum to grow and be populated by utterly fantastic moderators such as Nat and yourself. For if we were to simply let our respective opinions on cinema remain vis-à-vis, we would most certainly jeopardize the opportunity to have a beneficial and thriving friendship of an almost symbiotic nature.
Kinda creepy... Either way it goes we don't need some split personality member on here with twin ids with one id making logical counter arguments against the other,please stick to one id Kirby. Its not even in line with Tomax and Xamot. We already had one psycho to deal with (Validius) and don't need another.

NecroPhile

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 02/15/2008, 09:30 AMKinda creepy... Either way it goes we don't need some split personality member on here with twin ids
Indeed.  Anyone using multiple IDs has earned a temporary ban and a M79 bean bag round to the pills, though methinks that GaWK isn't the perpetrator.  I could figure it out using the extensive resources available to me (:roll:), but I just don't care enough to expend the effort.

Ceti Alpha

QuoteI could figure it out using the extensive resources available to me (Rolling Eyes), but I just don't care enough to expend the effort.
Laziness is an unforgivable offense.  :P
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: ceti alpha on 02/15/2008, 10:03 AMLaziness is an unforgivable offense.  :P
So true, yet there's a profound difference between slacking and apathy.  :wink:

Ceti Alpha

QuoteSo true, yet there's a profound difference between slacking and apathy.  Wink
hehe. Apathy I can understand.  :mrgreen:
IMG

NigazAllucard

Quote from: Seldane on 02/14/2008, 12:56 PMHe told me in an e-mail that he only likes Valis X.
Valis X... whats this? Its to eat os something? I dont know what u talking about!!!  :---)  :lol: :lol:

Thx to all replies! And yes, I like many PCE games, and your arcade/console ports as well!!! Like shinobi, ninja gaiden.

Another favorite its he popular dracula x, bu "unhappily" i finished his game 10x lol!! so I dont play it for a long time ago.
TODAY'S PHRASE: "All Your Base Are Belong To Us"
IMG

OceanBlueKirby

Quote from: guest on 02/15/2008, 09:43 AM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 02/15/2008, 09:30 AMKinda creepy... Either way it goes we don't need some split personality member on here with twin ids
Indeed.  Anyone using multiple IDs has earned a temporary ban and a M79 bean bag round to the pills, though methinks that GaWK isn't the perpetrator.  I could figure it out using the extensive resources available to me (:roll:), but I just don't care enough to expend the effort.
You're right. I'm not the user named WataraSuperVisionKirby. It was probably a joke/revenge account made after me, which I've already informed Joe Redifer about since he was wondering who that user was in the "What are YOU watching on YouTube.com" topic. I would never call Joe Redifer "Joe Redifer the Moderator", either, as I only refer to him as Joe Redifer, Redifer, and JoeRedOther (the latter two are his YouTube accounts). That's an ordeal that's best ignored, and it seems that it has calmed down now.

PCEngineHell

Makes for a interesting story,now wondering who the other Kirby is....

NecroPhile

Any bets that their usual ID also starts with the letter K?

PCEngineHell

Yea I was hoping against it,but its obviously Kits making his own drama there.

Kitsunexus

Joe knows it's my account, I've PM'd him, and jeez, it's just a joke, chill out!

rag-time4

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 02/15/2008, 09:30 AMKinda creepy... Either way it goes we don't need some split personality member on here with twin ids with one id making logical counter arguments against the other,please stick to one id Kirby. Its not even in line with Tomax and Xamot. We already had one psycho to deal with (Validius) and don't need another.
TOMAX AND XAMOT????  :lol: :lol: :lol: