10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

I was playing Vigilante.

but then I saved Madonna and banged her from behind.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mishran

Quote from: guest on 06/27/2012, 09:59 AMI was playing Vigilante.

but then I saved Madonna and banged her from behind.
Just finished Vigilante too, but no sloppy seconds for me. :P

Dyna138

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 06/26/2012, 12:37 PMI know what you mean bro, after failed attempts at beating Shockman (made it to the last level) and Sinistron (5th Level) my spirits were kinda low and I wanted to beat an easy game to feel good about myself. I took a look at my collection and realized there are very few easy games on the turbo. You've got the Bonk series, Ninja Spirit, and Kieth Courage but other than that I can't think of too many platformers that you can bharge blast through. For Shooter you've got Cybercore, Fantasy Zone, and Blazing lazers but even those have there tough moments. anyway I settled on Ninja Spirit play through it for the 5th time, great game.
I know the last level in Shockman is a pain to beat. I use Sonya and save her charge up move for the last boss to refill my health.  :mrgreen:

Sadler

Been on a shooter kick lately. Played L-Dis and Soldier Blade this weekend; both are pretty sweet! The default ship speed in L-Dis blows, but the beginning of the game (all I've played) is pretty charming. Solider Blade is really impressive too. I love the Soldier games, but I hadn't played this one much before. The game play, as always, is spot on. The graphics, sound effects and music are fantastic as well! Really like this one! :)

Mishran

Played some Air Zonk and made it to the last level. Have to defeat two Zonk bots, the level bosses again, and Drool all on one stinking level... Seriously??? Add this to the list of games I'll likely never complete. :-({|=

Finished off with a full game of Bomberman to cool my frustration. :P

khog143

I was playing Blazing Lazers yesterday.  Such a great shoot em up

JoshTurboTrollX

Got to spend a few solid hours with Emerald Dragon this past weekend.  :D :D

I've even continued on with my write up regarding the game.  Give it a read if you want.  ;)

http://hupack.blogspot.com/2012/07/emerald-dragon-journey-part-2.html
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MottZilla

Lately I've been trying to get back into playing my PCE DUO-R seeing how I spent all that money on it. I've been playing alot of Lords of Thunder, which is probably my favorite shoot em up. I've got a bunch of other games to get into when I have the time. But you can't go wrong with firing up Lords of Thunder. Once you get better at it and can breeze through the game you can just notch up the difficulty.

tpivette

Agree with the above. I just picked up Lords of Thunder about a week ago, and its really fun. The music is awesome too. Wish I had bought this one a long time ago
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

esteban

JoshTurboTrollX-16: You say "Abobo", I say "Tiger Road"...

IMG

IMG

Also: I have to read the other entries at HuPack now! :pcds:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

MrFlutterPie

I have been playing a lot of R-Type lately.  It is so much easier then Super R-Type.  I thought the Turbo was known for not having a flicker problem?  This game is worse the TMNT 2 Arcade Game 2 player mode on the NES.

Damon Plus

Air Zonk, just beat the final boss some minutes ago. It didn't do it for me at first, but I like it more every time I play.

Dyna138

I was playing some Legendary Axe II tonight. For some reason this is one of my favorite pick up and play games I always come back to.

esteban

Quote from: Dyna138 on 07/07/2012, 10:36 PMI was playing some Legendary Axe II tonight. For some reason this is one of my favorite pick up and play games I always come back to.
The reason?

BECAUSE IT IS ONE DAMN FINE HuCARD.

I wish they recycled the engine/assets of this game for a sequel. J

Critics would have rightfully called it "the same game", but I would have loved it. I want more of the same!!!

OldRover, do you hear me?  Make this dream come true. :pcgs:

PunkCryborg

i beat download last night and started dragon spirit today. I thought it was going to be easy but the size of you dragon is so huge its really easy to get hit. Half the time I don't even know what hit me!

thesteve

been playing neutopia on my express

Dyna138

Finally got around to playing Jackie Chan's Action Kung-Fu and I've been having a lot of fun with it. Although it's a little on the easy side the graphics and smooth gameplay make it a fun game.

CPTRAVE

Bardoly

Well, I haven't played any TurboGrafx-16 stuff very recently, but when I had it out about 3-4 months ago, a buddy and I played Cadash all the way through, some Sidearms, and some Battle Royale.  I'm really hoping to be able to play some more soon, but things have just been so busy...    :(

jc78_2005

Legendary axe, and keith courage, the former being a fav of mine.

T2KFreeker

CAN'T . . . PUT . . . DOWN . . . AIR ZONK . . . EVEN . . . THOUGH . . . PULLING . . . OUT . . . HAIR!!!!!!  ](*,)
END OF LINE.

420GOAT

sidearms always kicks my ass. that and dc are my favorites at this time.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

jperryss

I'm finally giving Neutopia a shot.

Vectorman0

I'm trying to play through Boxyboy, but my motivation is starting to wane.  I'm up to level seventy-something and it's starting to get more challenging.

esteban

Quote from: Vectorman0 on 07/18/2012, 01:40 AMI'm trying to play through Boxyboy, but my motivation is starting to wane.  I'm up to level seventy-something and it's starting to get more challenging.
I like Boxyboy, but you should probably alternate between it and another game(s), especially when you are frustrated. :pcgs:

Also, you might be more inclined to stick with Boxyboy if you play your own music whilst playing. It sounds silly, but it really helps (me at least) stay interested in many games...

esadajr

Nekketsu Kōkō Dodgeball Bu: Soccer Hen on the CD
Gaming since 1985

T2KFreeker

I guess it's time to plop in the Bravoman and try too beat it finally. I hear I am in for a long haul on that one.
END OF LINE.

Vectorman0

Quote from: esteban on 07/18/2012, 12:07 PMI like Boxyboy, but you should probably alternate between it and another game(s), especially when you are frustrated. :pcgs:

Also, you might be more inclined to stick with Boxyboy if you play your own music whilst playing. It sounds silly, but it really helps (me at least) stay interested in many games...
Ha! This is very true, especially for Boxyboy.  I think I started listening to my own music around level 20 or so.

PikachuWarrior

Valis III. I'm stuck at Stage 5, the water stage. Been retrying for over 30-40 times now. I can get to the point where you freeze the enemies to jump the gaps, but after that, the platforming gets shaking and I die.

Haven't been this frustrated in a game in years :P It's almost to the point where I want to throw my controller.
IMG

reno5

Curently playing Side Arms and Silent Debuggers.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: T2KFreeker on 07/18/2012, 03:35 PMI guess it's time to plop in the Bravoman and try too beat it finally. I hear I am in for a long haul on that one.
Dude that game goes on forever, I tried to beat it a few months back. Good luck

Bardoly

Just played Air Zonk for the first time last night for about an hour or so.

It was really pretty fun, although I couldn't get past the boss lineup in level 6.  I got to the big dinosaur finally, but I kept dying.  I must have continued it at that level 4 times or more, and I was playing on easy mode too.  Oh well, I'll have to give it another go later this week and try to complete the game.

sauce55

I played lords of thunder for the first time today Loved the music in the game.

thesteve

JapanTokei

Download 2 - man what a great underrated shooter.  They packed in a lot on a non super cd for sure.  It is also pretty difficult once I reach stage 3..

esteban

Quote from: JapanTokei on 07/22/2012, 02:26 AMDownload 2 - man what a great underrated shooter.  They packed in a lot on a non super cd for sure.  It is also pretty difficult once I reach stage 3.. 
The title screen tune is :pcgs:.

I'm actually not particularly interested in "metal" soundtracks to video games (because they suck, usually), but I dig the tunes in Download 2!

As for the game itself: I like it, it's decent. Too bad MechaHitler doesn't make more appearances... it feels good to destroy   Nazi scum in a horizontal shoot-em-up.

reno5

Finished Silent Debuggers this weekend. Love that game even if it is easy and repetitive.

Now playing Tale Spin and SideArms.

NecroPhile

I'm working on Emerald Dragon and yet again playing through Dracula X (it never gets old).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Robknoxious1

Dragon Slayer. It's the first JRPG I've played since the early nineties. I avoided playing them with the excuse that I would sink way too much time in games of that sort.

After realizing I'd spent over 600 hours on a single online FPS I figured that excuse no longer held water.

esteban

Quote from: Robknoxious1 on 07/23/2012, 01:03 PMDragon Slayer. It's the first JRPG I've played since the early nineties. I avoided playing them with the excuse that I would sink way too much time in games of that sort.

After realizing I'd spent over 600 hours on a single online FPS I figured that excuse no longer held water.
Awesome.

CPTRAVE

I am playing ............ KEITH COURAGE .. thanks to Turbokon.. Awesome game .. :dance:

jc78_2005

It came from the desert! more, watching it than playing it, but, its just awesome lol

fenix

I've been playing Super Star Soldier lately..... REALLY fun game once you get into it.

NecroPhile

Quote from: jc78_2005 on 07/24/2012, 12:24 AMIt came from the desert! more, watching it than playing it, but, its just awesome lol
Yes, another cheese connoisseur!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PunkCryborg

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

Kaijuboy

Keith Courage, no lie!  Reliving the old memories!  :D  And Blazing Lasers too.

tpivette

Quote from: Kaijuboy on 07/27/2012, 05:02 AMKeith Courage, no lie!  Reliving the old memories!  :D  And Blazing Lasers too.
My first two games for the system. Got the TG16 on my birthday, and 10 days later, Blazing Lazers for christmas. 1989 was a good year for me!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

bob

about to start the Final Lap Twin RPG today.

geise