What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VestCunt

Quote from: Bardoly on 09/29/2012, 02:08 AMbut I do know that I'm going to try to get some friends together to play some multiplayer Dungeon Explorer II.
A total of two or three players is ideal unless you somehow find a bunch of Dungeon Explorer or Gauntlet veterans. 3+ players on the screen turns into a traffic jam.
Topic Adjourned.

Bardoly

Quote from: guest on 09/29/2012, 02:33 AM
Quote from: Bardoly on 09/29/2012, 02:08 AMbut I do know that I'm going to try to get some friends together to play some multiplayer Dungeon Explorer II.
A total of two or three players is ideal unless you somehow find a bunch of Dungeon Explorer or Gauntlet veterans. 3+ players on the screen turns into a traffic jam.
I was kind of wondering about that, and also about what would be the best team for 1-2 better players and 1-2 weaker players.

RRR

Bonk's Revenge and Blazing Lazers.

roflmao

Quote from: Bardoly on 09/29/2012, 02:08 AMPlayed some new games (to me) that I just got this week.  (All U.S. versions)

Bomberman - from the Gate of Thunder 3-in-1 disk
Gate of Thunder
Lords of Thunder
Dungeon Explorer II

All of the above games are really fun!  I didn't beat any of them, but I did give each one 10-30 minutes of play time.
I'm not sure which one I'm going to try to play all the way through first, but I do know that I'm going to try to get some friends together to play some multiplayer Dungeon Explorer II.
Yowza!  That's a handful of excellent games right there!  Congrats!

Bardoly

I'm really liking Lords of Thunder, but it is definitely not very easy.
And what's up with the swords at short range?  That's just too cool!

tpivette

Ys Book 1 & 2 here... just finished the canal and should be close to finishing this one! Finally!
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

csgx1

Giving Samurai Ghost a go.  Sword power ups are pretty sparse and seem to wear off so quickly.

Bardoly

Quote from: Bardoly on 09/29/2012, 05:31 PMI'm really liking Lords of Thunder, but it is definitely not very easy.
And what's up with the swords at short range?  That's just too cool!
Played some more Lords of Thunder today and beat a couple of levels before running out of continues.  This is a really good game, but I'm still learning it.

jperryss

Quote from: Bardoly on 09/30/2012, 02:20 AM
Quote from: Bardoly on 09/29/2012, 05:31 PMI'm really liking Lords of Thunder, but it is definitely not very easy.
And what's up with the swords at short range?  That's just too cool!
Played some more Lords of Thunder today and beat a couple of levels before running out of continues.  This is a really good game, but I'm still learning it.
I think once you get used to it you'll find it's not that difficult. I suck at shooters but LOT is one of the few I can get through on Normal easily, and have cleared Hard mode once.

GOT on the other hand, I have only cleared once (and barely) on Normal.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Bardoly on 09/29/2012, 02:08 AMPlayed some new games (to me) that I just got this week.  (All U.S. versions)

Is this any different from the normal, common Bomberman for the TG?
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 09/30/2012, 04:44 PM

I'm fairly certain it is exactly the same.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Bardoly

Quote from: turboswimbz on 09/30/2012, 05:01 PM

Yep, as far as I know, it's exactly the same.  I was just so happy to get the Gate of Thunder 3/4-in-1, that I posted it up that way.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Bardoly on 10/01/2012, 04:49 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 09/30/2012, 04:44 PM

Yep, as far as I know, it's exactly the same.  I was just so happy to get the Gate of Thunder 3/4-in-1, that I posted it up that way.
I was mainly curious, because I have a friend who collects bomberman. I'm trying to convince him to trade his Neutopia 2 for my extra Gate of Thunder CD.

Here is his current collection:

https://i.imgur.com/Hzwk1.jpg
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Bardoly

Quote from: guest on 10/01/2012, 05:18 PM
Quote from: Bardoly on 10/01/2012, 04:49 PM

I was mainly curious, because I have a friend who collects bomberman. I'm trying to convince him to trade his Neutopia 2 for my extra Gate of Thunder CD.

IMG
Nice Bomberman collection!

Looks like he still needs the SNES Super Bomberman Party Pack, and yes, you should convince him that he needs the Gate of Thunder 3/4-in-1 disk that secretly has Bomberman on it, although the disk has nothing on the cover which indicates the inclusion of Bomberman in the disk.

wolfsaq2

Hello PCengineFXers,
I am currently playing Sinistron, which is an awesome shoot em' up! After I beat that, I will play Soldier Blade. I heard so many good things about that game, and I can't wait to play.
PS- Shout out to Vest!
"Until the lion has a historian of his own, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter" (African Proverb)

turboswimbz

Quote from: wolfsaq2 on 10/01/2012, 08:09 PMHello PCengineFXers,
I am currently playing Sinistron, which is an awesome shoot em' up! After I beat that, I will play Soldier Blade. I heard so many good things about that game, and I can't wait to play.
PS- Shout out to Vest!
I just started playing Sinistron, not an easy shooter, but it is still pretty awesome.  haven't been able to get too far yet.  I like the music most of all I think.
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

tpivette

Trying to defeat Darm... fucker is hard! Even with the Sheild magic and Goddess Ring I'm haviing difficulty! Damn flying... things... getting in my way!

I'm gonna try maxing out my EXP, maybe it'll boost my stats just enough to give me an edge

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

runinruder

Quote from: turboswimbz on 10/01/2012, 08:20 PMI just started playing Sinistron, not an easy shooter, but it is still pretty awesome.  haven't been able to get too far yet.  I like the music most of all I think.
The music is really good.  Cyber Core has more great music from the same composer, incidentally.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

turboswimbz

Quote from: tpivette on 10/01/2012, 11:19 PMTrying to defeat Darm... fucker is hard! Even with the Sheild magic and Goddess Ring I'm haviing difficulty! Damn flying... things... getting in my way!

I'm gonna try maxing out my EXP, maybe it'll boost my stats just enough to give me an edge
Even so took me till try 3, a lot of it is luck.  but it is so worth it when you defeat him!!!

turboswimbz

Quote from: runinruder on 10/02/2012, 04:05 AM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 10/01/2012, 08:20 PMI just started playing Sinistron, not an easy shooter, but it is still pretty awesome.  haven't been able to get too far yet.  I like the music most of all I think.
The music is really good.  Cyber Core has more great music from the same composer, incidentally.
Incidentally I'm also playing cybercore, got a 2 for 1 2D shooter package in the mail.  I couldn't be happier.

Bardoly

Played some more Lords of Thunder, and still couldn't beat more than 3 stages before running out of continues.

Then I played some Cotton for about 30 minutes, not getting too far into the game.

Then I played my newly-acquired copy of Renny Blaster for PC Engine and beat it tonight using the first guy.

CPU64

Quote from: guest on 10/01/2012, 05:18 PMI was mainly curious, because I have a friend who collects Bomberman. I'm trying to convince him to trade his Neutopia 2 for my extra Gate of Thunder CD.

IMG
That's exactly what I'm doing, except with the ghouls n' ghosts series.

PCEngineHell

turboswimbz

tpivette

Quote from: turboswimbz on 10/02/2012, 11:14 AM
Quote from: tpivette on 10/01/2012, 11:19 PMTrying to defeat Darm... fucker is hard! Even with the Sheild magic and Goddess Ring I'm haviing difficulty! Damn flying... things... getting in my way!

Even so took me till try 3, a lot of it is luck.  but it is so worth it when you defeat him!!!
Maxed out my EXP and tried Darm again... wow, he was so much easier this time! Jus gaining one more level made my attack and defense that much stronger to where the battle seemed so one-sided.

Now that Ys 1&2 is cleared, I'm either gonna try Dungeon Explorer 2 or Ys 4 next...

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

turboswimbz

YEAH! Darm - molished!  I want to play 4 with the patch but figure I should finish 3 . . . been meaning to for a while.

tpivette

I still haven't been able to find 3 for a reasonable price... there was one that's been constantly relisted on ebay for $50 which the manual had slight water damage. Figuring he'd want it to finally sell, I offered him $40. He counter offered with $47.. and I passed. The search continues...

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

thesteve

your $40 offer says he isnt far off

turboswimbz

Quote from: tpivette on 10/04/2012, 12:40 PMI still haven't been able to find 3 for a reasonable price... there was one that's been constantly relisted on ebay for $50 which the manual had slight water damage. Figuring he'd want it to finally sell, I offered him $40. He counter offered with $47.. and I passed. The search continues...
hmm, that stinks thought you would have found one, I got lucky with the $35 copy I guess. 

tpivette

Very lucky. Haven't seen one on ebay (or these forums) for less than $50 or so. If I'm patient, I'm sure I'll get my deal, though

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

BlueBMW

I've been playing Sylphia a lot lately.  I really wish it wasnt such a pricey game.  If it was a sub $50 game I'd say everyone should get it.  I really like the game, but I cant say its worth its typical asking price.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/06/2012, 10:43 PMI've been playing Sylphia a lot lately.  I really wish it wasnt such a pricey game.  If it was a sub $50 game I'd say everyone should get it.  I really like the game, but I cant say its worth its typical asking price.
THIS IS WHAT I'VE ALWAYS SUSPECTED. DAMMIT.

Years ago I was too cheap to get it. The prices now...I don't even know what the going rate is. But many years ago it seemed like it was always in the $70-90 range.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bardoly

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/06/2012, 10:43 PMI've been playing Sylphia a lot lately.  I really wish it wasn't such a pricey game.  If it was a sub $50 game I'd say everyone should get it.  I really like the game, but I cant say its worth its typical asking price.
...So, after you've finished, I'm sure that you want to pass it on to me for $50.  Right?   [-o&lt;

Bardoly

Played some Marchen Maze yesterday and got to level six.  The game is rather frustratingly addicting!   :roll:  I'm going to have to dig it out again soon and beat it!

Also did a little 2-player Efera & Jiliora and some 3-player Dungeon Explorer II.  I have to say that while we enjoyed Efera & Jiliora, we enjoyed DE2 much better because of being able to understand what was going on in English.

VestCunt

Quote from: esteban on 10/07/2012, 10:56 AM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/06/2012, 10:43 PMI've been playing Sylphia a lot lately.  I really wish it wasnt such a pricey game.  If it was a sub $50 game I'd say everyone should get it.  I really like the game, but I cant say its worth its typical asking price.

Years ago I was too cheap to get it. The prices now...I don't even know what the going rate is. But many years ago it seemed like it was always in the $70-90 range.
I've kept a cursory eye on Sylphia over the years. People try to gouge and turn it into the next Renny Blaster, but when it auctions it seems to have trouble breaking $200. I want to say I've seen it for $150.
Topic Adjourned.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2012, 03:06 AM
Quote from: esteban on 10/07/2012, 10:56 AM

I've kept a cursory eye on Sylphia over the years. People try to gouge and turn it into the next Renny Blaster, but when it auctions it seems to have trouble breaking $200. I want to say I've seen it for $150.
Well, damn. I should have bitten the bullet years ago. Dammit.

BlueBMW

Yeah I think I paid something over $150 for it.  I cant see passing it on because I just love the music.  It often doubles as a music CD in the car when not used for gaming at home.

A game like Nexzr is worth the price it commands.  Sylphia, while good, isnt worth its going price.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bardoly

Played some Valis I and II tonight.

DildoKKKobold

Got Dragon's Curse in the mail today.

Really awesome little game.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Played a few minutes of Veigues before work today (yesterday).  The controls are ehh...but I have a feeling that once I master them, I'm going to really like this game.  I like the artwork & I enjoy the skill level required to switch weapons depending on what enemies you're faced with.  My one complaint is the down button, which turns you the other direction.  This is cool and innovative and useful and everything, but sometimes I just want to duck. 

Also played a bit of R-Type yesterday.  It's R-Type. :/
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

KnightWarrior

I played Air Zonk last night, fun game

Nando

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/12/2012, 01:15 AMIt's R-Type. :/
LMAO! it's like the video game version of a dominatrix, keeps kicking your ass but somehow you keep going back to it. ;) At least it is not Tatsujin masochist level.

Been playing Shubibinman 1, The lost sun heart and Dynastic Hero.

rrob78

Played Parasol Stars 2 days ago after testing Bernie's Super System Card 3.0, lots of fun!!

Bardoly

Played some Shockman last night for the first time.
I'm not really sure what I was expecting in the game, but it wasn't what I expected.
I beat the first couple of levels before putting it away for the night.

I also went back to Draxula X: Rondo of Blood a couple of days ago and finally beat it with Maria with 96%.  (I still can't find the missing 4%.)  Now I need to beat it with Richter.

PCEngineHell

Neurosis138

I was playing Soldier Blade and some Splatterhouse tonight.  Both games are excellent, and provided me with some much needed relaxation from work.

Bardoly

Played some L-Dis last night.
Not a bad game at all.  Didn't have enough time to play more than the first two stages, but I'll definitely have to come back to this one.

Bardoly

Played through and beat The Legend of Hero Tonma (U.S. version) last night.  Really, it's a decent game, although I only gave it a '6' on PCE Daisakusen.

DildoKKKobold

While not actually turbografx, I have to talk about it.

Got Crystal Beans: from Dungeon Explorer last night, and played through it. Got a really minty copy from Japan for pretty cheap, given how great of condition it is, and how badly I wanted it. For those who don't know, it is a port of Dungeon Explorer 2 to the Super Famicom. I'm a huge, huge Dungeon Explorer fan, so playing through this was awesome.

It is a really, really interesting port, given that the graphics are nearly identical, aside from the Chibi characters and town folk. I think one of the most interesting points is how the levels feel like they were bulk imported, because they are verbatim identical to DE2. However, a bunch of enemies were taken out, to the point that it feels unintentional, as if they didn't bother to make sure the import went properly. To that effect, I imagine some of the level designs would feel totally nonsensical if you hadn't played DE2.  This is because there are wide open hallways with nothing to do, or weird wall formations that have nothing in them.

That said, I really enjoyed humming along with the tunes I know  so well from DE2. If you are a fan of the series, this is a must own title, just for the absolute weirdness of the port. If you aren't thrilled with DE, then I would give this game a pass. Its a weaker version of Dungeon Explorer 2, and doesn't replace owning the original.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Bardoly on 10/19/2012, 12:20 AMPlayed through and beat The Legend of Hero Tonma (U.S. version) last night.  Really, it's a decent game, although I only gave it a '6' on PCE Daisakusen.
Agreed. I have tried to promote Hero Tonma as a poor man's Karnov (NES). Now, Karnov doesn't get much love, so it's been an uphill battle. Karnov is wonderful, though. I wish Hero Tonma had an inventory of items like Karnov.

OK, I'll stop.

Quote from: guest on 10/19/2012, 12:45 AMWhile not actually turbografx, I have to talk about it.

Got Crystal Beans: from Dungeon Explorer last night, and played through it. Got a really minty copy from Japan for pretty cheap, given how great of condition it is, and how badly I wanted it. For those who don't know, it is a port of Dungeon Explorer 2 to the Super Famicom. I'm a huge, huge Dungeon Explorer fan, so playing through this was awesome.

It is a really, really interesting port, given that the graphics are nearly identical, aside from the Chibi characters and town folk. I think one of the most interesting points is how the levels feel like they were bulk imported, because they are verbatim identical to DE2. However, a bunch of enemies were taken out, to the point that it feels unintentional, as if they didn't bother to make sure the import went properly. To that effect, I imagine some of the level designs would feel totally nonsensical if you hadn't played DE2.  This is because there are wide open hallways with nothing to do, or weird wall formations that have nothing in them.

That said, I really enjoyed humming along with the tunes I know  so well from DE2. If you are a fan of the series, this is a must own title, just for the absolute weirdness of the port. If you aren't thrilled with DE, then I would give this game a pass. Its a weaker version of Dungeon Explorer 2, and doesn't replace owning the original.
For folks who want to compare SFC vs. DUO versions of Dungeon Explorer 2:
Dungeon Explorer II: PCE (1993, SCD) vs. SFC (1995)
IMG IMG