RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailingTheThings

R-Type. Fully charged up = Fully erect

I like this port.
IMG

neutopia6

Playing Dungeon Explorer with others has been damn near impossible with me, having two or three people we end up killing each other by accident lol.
Started to play Double Dungeons lately, I'm pretty hooked lol.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/26/2014, 12:47 AMPlaying Dungeon Explorer with others has been damn near impossible with me, having two or three people we end up killing each other by accident lol.
Started to play Double Dungeons lately, I'm pretty hooked lol.
That game is a tad bit poopy.
IMG

neutopia6

I've come to understand most people don't enjoy it, but I do, reminds me of Phantasy Star for the Sega Master System, I'm too used to level grinding lol, done nine of the dungeons so far aha.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/26/2014, 04:22 AMI've come to understand most people don't enjoy it, but I do, reminds me of Phantasy Star for the Sega Master System, I'm too used to level grinding lol, done nine of the dungeons so far aha.
To each their own, I suppose.
IMG

esteban

Double a Dungeon = Good a Times.

SPECIAL:
(1) look in a mirror
(2) even if you are playing solo, start a two-player game and ___________
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

geise

The best port of R-Type there is.  I like the music in it actually more than the pcb.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: geise on 08/26/2014, 07:27 AMThe best port of R-Type there is.  I like the music in it actually more than the pcb.
I can't remember the last time I played the 'cade ver. and listened closely to the music. Perhaps need to give it a call sometime, ask it how things are going.
IMG

roflmao

Don't listen to HtT; Double Dungeons is a hoot! Last night my son wanted to play the Express in the car on the way to dinner. I asked him what games he wanted to bring along and he chose Double Dungeons and Devil's Crush.  I couldn't have been happier.  Double Dungeons is such a great Express game.

We've also been playing a fair bit of Ys IV.  I finally beat the Ice boss and things are moving along smoothly.  :)

SPOILER:
I forgot to test out the warp wand that I had recently acquired so hadn't picked up the optimal gear.

neutopia6

Nice aha, I'm really wanting a Turbo Express, seen a few over the past few years, but I'm waiting for a boxed one, just picked up devils crush today, wanting to finally try it out but my girlfriends hooked on Xenoblade Chronicles lol.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/26/2014, 11:28 PMNice aha, I'm really wanting a Turbo Express, seen a few over the past few years, but I'm waiting for a boxed one, just picked up devils crush today, wanting to finally try it out but my girlfriends hooked on Xenoblade Chronicles lol.
Just make one out of duct tape.
IMG

neutopia6

Or duct tape her to the fucking wall so I can play my Turbo Duo lol

cr8zykuban0

been playing a lot of blazing lazers on the express as well as galaga 90

neutopia6

Great games, 1196660 is my high score so far in Galaga 90', so addictive, I can get to level eight in Blazing lazers without dying so far, that end hallway in stage nine though makes me want to rip my hair out lol, so addicting. XD

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/25/2014, 10:50 AM
Quote from: esteban on 08/25/2014, 10:13 AMGod, I tried some Valis 1 on Famicom...god awful.
Valis is one of those series that I have various versions of 1-4 of. And the only one I really like is Syd of Valis. Yet, I have a lot of them. To me it's a more aggravating less fun Castlevania,

I wish I could justify why I own so many games in the series. In any event I have Valis 1 on famicom and it is indeed awful.
Oh, god, I did not like Syd of a Valis. I wanted to like it, but, damn.

Valis II is the path to your happiness. Errrr...oh well IMG

bob

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/26/2014, 11:28 PMNice aha, I'm really wanting a Turbo Express, seen a few over the past few years, but I'm waiting for a boxed one, just picked up devils crush today, wanting to finally try it out but my girlfriends hooked on Xenoblade Chronicles lol.
TEs usually come up on ebay for somewhere under $1000. But if you look around, I'm sure you can find it for more.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/27/2014, 03:22 AMOr duct tape her to the fucking wall so I can play my Turbo Duo lol
IMG
IMG

Ayce

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/26/2014, 04:22 AMI've come to understand most people don't enjoy it, but I do, reminds me of Phantasy Star for the Sega Master System, I'm too used to level grinding lol, done nine of the dungeons so far aha.
I love the original Phantasy Star... your post is making me want to play it again.

neutopia6

Lol, sure seems like some of you guys don't like me because I bought games, instead of you all bitching and bitching about prices when people post about the cool stuff they get, why don't you say something about the game instead of the price, bitching about money constantly is ridiculous, I came here because the games are great, if I wanted to listen to people bitch about money constantly I'd go into the real world and attempt a conversation.

neutopia6

Yeah, Phantasy Star was pretty great, that's what Double Dungeons reminds me off, just without an over world lol.

NecroPhile

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/27/2014, 05:15 PMLol, sure seems like some of you guys don't like me because I bought games, instead of you all bitching and bitching about prices when people post about the cool stuff they get, why don't you say something about the game instead of the price, bitching about money constantly is ridiculous, I came here because the games are great, if I wanted to listen to people bitch about money constantly I'd go into the real world and attempt a conversation.
Dry your tears, nancy.  You asked for opinions about how much you (over)paid.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/27/2014, 05:32 PM
Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/27/2014, 05:15 PMLol, sure seems like some of you guys don't like me because I bought games, instead of you all bitching and bitching about prices when people post about the cool stuff they get, why don't you say something about the game instead of the price, bitching about money constantly is ridiculous, I came here because the games are great, if I wanted to listen to people bitch about money constantly I'd go into the real world and attempt a conversation.
Dry your tears, nancy.  You asked for opinions about how much you (over)paid.
Exactly. We'll talk about the games after we encourage you not to feed the eBay profiteers.

Ayce

Meh! Don't worry about most of the complainers here... I just learned it's better to ignore those people and don't even pay them any mind. If they say something don't give them the satisfaction of a reply of any sorts. Haters will hate.

As for your situation of getting ripped off... that sucks, but people here get upset about so called resellers and you got caught up with one that was very dishonest. It's too bad but certain people will take it out on you because you spent that kind of cash on the games. This goes back to ... pay them no mind and don't give them the time of day. Not to say stoop to their level, but remain courteous.

I think I need to go upstairs and play some Double Dungeons now.

NecroPhile

Bitch about everyone saying neutopia6 paid too much, then turn around and say "you got ripped off".  Priceless.  Just Priceless.

Ayce

My bust... I was thinking of a different post not the Dragon Slayer post. In that case it still doesn't matter what you ask for on ebay if people are dumb enough to pay that kind of money all the power to you. There is no way I'd ever pay that kind of money for a game. I was thinking you were the guy who paid $200 for a couple games that were not worth anywhere near that.

But the rest of my post still stands.

NecroPhile

You're pretty clueless; neutopia6 is not the guy with the Dragon Slayer thread, which has nothing to do with anything here.

bob

hey relax man. i was just poking fun...it happens here.  you at least have been genuine and admit you pay too much.  in general its not good, but i have nothing against you personally.  at least you obviously arent buying them to re-gouge somebody.  you want to play.  unfortunately, that carries a premium in 2014.

Ayce: so far, i like you.  however, you have been asking for a lot of help around here for a book i assume you plan to sell.  i fully support you or i wouldnt have sent you some pics.  but...dont come across like you are biting the hand that feeds you.  nothing specific...just sayin'

Ayce

Quote from: guest on 08/27/2014, 05:56 PMYou're pretty clueless; neutopia6 is not the guy with the Dragon Slayer thread, which has nothing to do with anything here.
Yeah I guess your right, I'm clueless. Sorry that I don't keep up on the drama :( Will you ever forgive me?

neutopia6

I don't buy stuff off of eBay lol, I asked for an opinion and got some positive constructive criticism which I'm greatful for, then there are others going on about how stupid I am, others saying I'm ruining turbo collecting, people poking fun, those comments aren't helpful and just make you seem like a grumpy old fuck who cares more about my money than I do, its not like I got totally ripped off or anything lol.
But I'm slowly learning now so thanks, in my best interest I'd enjoy not getting ripped off, just didn't fully understand why it effected some of you as much as it did lol.

Ayce

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/27/2014, 06:18 PMI don't buy stuff off of eBay lol, I asked for an opinion and got some positive constructive criticism which I'm greatful for, then there are others going on about how stupid I am, others saying I'm ruining turbo collecting, people poking fun, those comments aren't helpful and just make you seem like a grumpy old fuck who cares more about my money than I do, its not like I got totally ripped off or anything lol.
But I'm slowly learning now so thanks, in my best interest I'd enjoy not getting ripped off, just didn't fully understand why it effected some of you as much as it did lol.
Buying from eBay is not so bad... at times you can get quite a good deal.

neutopia6

Well I'm scoping for decent lots, gonna try a complete collection, attempt to beat them all lol, still like 110 titles I need, I'm excited, just don't want to buy individually unless its the expensive ones, and that's waaaaay down the line lol.

Ayce

I hear ya, but I have to ask this since this is the currently playing thread.
Has anyone ever beaten Air Zonk on the hard setting (not the extra hard)?

neutopia6

Once I get myself a copy I'll do it, it looks so fun, really hard game or what??

neutopia6

Very confident lol, I've been gaming twenty years, 90% of them 70s, 80s and 90s stuff, noticed once I play something new and go back to older stuff I lose some skill lol, I've beaten original Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden ghosts n goblins and Mega man every time I play, so I'm looking forward to seeing all the Turbo systems have to offer! >:D

esteban

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/27/2014, 08:02 PMVery confident lol, I've been gaming twenty years, 90% of them 70s, 80s and 90s stuff, noticed once I play something new and go back to older stuff I lose some skill lol, I've beaten original Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden ghosts n goblins and Mega man every time I play, so I'm looking forward to seeing all the Turbo systems have to offer! >:D
With that résumé, you won't find too many titles as difficult as others have.  :pcgs:

neutopia6

Well as long as they're fun that's all that matters, have yet to be disappointed so far, drop off and PAC land were very mediocre to me but that's about it so far.

neutopia6

Just beat Bonks Revenue and Bonk 3, fuck those were good, really want Air Zonk/Super Air Zonk!!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/27/2014, 10:58 PMJust beat Bonks Revenue and Bonk 3, fuck those were good, really want Air Zonk/Super Air Zonk!!
Play the SNES Bonk games? They be fun.
IMG

neutopia6

I will definitely when I find them, loved the TurboGrafx trilogy. :p

Ayce

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/27/2014, 07:16 PMOnce I get myself a copy I'll do it, it looks so fun, really hard game or what??
Well... on the hard setting they amp up the difficulty and on top of that they only give you one life.

NecroPhile

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/27/2014, 06:18 PMI don't buy stuff off of eBay lol, I asked for an opinion and got some positive constructive criticism which I'm greatful for, then there are others going on about how stupid I am, others saying I'm ruining turbo collecting, people poking fun, those comments aren't helpful and just make you seem like a grumpy old fuck who cares more about my money than I do, its not like I got totally ripped off or anything lol.

The highlighted bits are why you're being mocked.  You argue that it wasn't a bad deal and the only way you'd get it for less is to wait forever for a lucky eBay find, while eBay BIN prices available right now show that to be patently false.  Does it really surprise you that things got ugly after you essentially told everyone they're full of shit?  Why even ask our opinion when you've already made up your mind that you got a sweet deal?

neutopia6

Wasn't a sweet deal, I just checked bin prices added up to $600, guy asked $500, I said $400 and got it so was happy, asked what you guys thought, few were like right on enjoy the games, others started rambling about money and giving off the impression I suck lol, we're not all born with knowledge like this, you start as a beginner and learn, that was my point, and the games are a blast, playing Monster Lair with my girlfriend, got hooked to Dragons Curse last night for a few hours, I'm happy with the games I got, was just seeing what you guys thought, constructive criticism allows me to learn on future endeavors, implying I'm a dumb twat is a waste of both of our time lol.

NecroPhile

You asked "how ripped off did I get" and people responded with "ramblings about money".  How dare they?!?  :lol:

neutopia6

Yeah, that's true, you know what I'm trying to say though, just like I know what you're trying to say lol.
I chalk it up as a learning experience, we all fail sometimes, the games I got more than make up for the $50 or so I could have saved had I scoped around eBay though.

bob

you are getting my medical bills for the head injury im sustaining.

](*,)

HailingTheThings

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/28/2014, 01:11 PMWasn't a sweet deal, I just checked bin prices added up to $600, guy asked $500, I said $400 and got it so was happy, asked what you guys thought, few were like right on enjoy the games, others started rambling about money and giving off the impression I suck lol, we're not all born with knowledge like this, you start as a beginner and learn, that was my point, and the games are a blast, playing Monster Lair with my girlfriend, got hooked to Dragons Curse last night for a few hours, I'm happy with the games I got, was just seeing what you guys thought, constructive criticism allows me to learn on future endeavors, implying I'm a dumb twat is a waste of both of our time lol.
Yeah, don't. Must check completed sales and even then the low end prices are a bit high.

Please. Even if you really want to play a game so bad that you would throw all kinds of money at it, don't. Take your time, look around. Patience, Gad Dehmit.
IMG

neutopia6

I definitely will from now on lol, don't imagine seeing any of this stuff in the wild so I'll try some eBay stuff if its decent in the future. :)

neutopia6

Just beat Dragons Curse, great cute little game, that boss was a pain in the ass though, needed two medicine viles. XD

HailingTheThings

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/28/2014, 10:36 PMJust beat Dragons Curse, great cute little game, that boss was a pain in the ass though, needed two medicine viles. XD
yerra medicine vile
IMG

jordan_hillman

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/28/2014, 10:36 PMJust beat Dragons Curse, great cute little game, that boss was a pain in the ass though, needed two medicine viles. XD
I definitely want to pick a copy up for myself soon. Must OBEY!!!
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"