RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neutopia6

Just beat Ninja Spirit, that was a really good game, I'm going to beat it again lol.

esteban

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/29/2014, 09:35 PMJust beat Ninja Spirit, that was a really good game, I'm going to beat it again lol.
Sadly, I have fun watching the music player (check out the sound test mode).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

neutopia6

Lol, will do, beat it again now I'm going through Y's II, just got to Ramia village.

Nec.Game.head

I've been playing Kaze Kiri Ninja Action lately. Amazing music on the levels and great game play !! Can't have enough of the Kaze Kiri !!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

Galder

Legendary Axe on my TE! Can't pass through the 3-2 level though...

neutopia6

Legendary Axe is soooooo good, I can beat it with 5-7 lives left, all continues each time I play now, it sucks that I memorized it, going through that game is so fun.
3b is where it ramps the difficulty up a bit, just take your time and learn the patterns.

neutopia6

Well, finally finished Y's Book II, that was a great game, I look forward to number III lol, any good???

Galder

Quote from: neutopia6 on 08/30/2014, 01:45 PMLegendary Axe is soooooo good, I can beat it with 5-7 lives left, all continues each time I play now, it sucks that I memorized it, going through that game is so fun.
3b is where it ramps the difficulty up a bit, just take your time and learn the patterns.
Hehe yeah, I love it too :) I bought it recently and I just can't stop playing. I really like the fact that there are 'secret' routes in the game.

Does anyone know by the way if the 'order of the griffon' is playable on the little screen of the turbo express? Thanks!

PukeSter

Bomberman (1989)

Compared to 93 and 94, it's pretty easy. Not as good, but simple fun, and the first actually good Bomberman game. I managed to get to 8-4 on a single credit (gonna use saves of course).

There is also at least one remote bomb powerup in every world!

It's a game I've been meaning to beat since I was 7 years old though, so hopefully I can meet up with Black Bomberman. :)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/31/2014, 09:30 PMBomberman (1989)

Compared to 93 and 94, it's pretty easy. Not as good, but simple fun, and the first actually good Bomberman game. I managed to get to 8-4 on a single credit (gonna use saves of course).

There is also at least one remote bomb powerup in every world!

It's a game I've been meaning to beat since I was 7 years old though, so hopefully I can meet up with Black Bomberman. :)
IMG
 IMG

neutopia6

Finally started playing Neutopia, gonna beat it by tomorrow, its a blast so far, love the Zelda feel, its like the missing link between LoZ and A Link To The Past, glad I picked this up.

PukeSter

Beat Bomberman, final boss was the only hard boss. Now I've beaten the PCE Trilogy!

Started Dungeon Explorer (used the fighter character), and got extremely far in several hours. Now in final world.

Really fun and lengthy game considering what it is based off of. Lots of different classes to try in future playthroughs.

jordan_hillman

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2014, 08:26 PMBeat Bomberman, final boss was the only hard boss. Now I've beaten the PCE Trilogy!

Started Dungeon Explorer (used the fighter character), and got extremely far in several hours. Now in final world.

Really fun and lengthy game considering what it is based off of. Lots of different classes to try in future playthroughs.
Such a killer game! And you should definitely try a play though with a support-type character, such as the Bishop (or mage, or whatever the hell he is called) , for some extra challenge.
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

PukeSter

Quote from: jordan_hillman on 09/01/2014, 09:05 PM
Quote from: PukeSter on 09/01/2014, 08:26 PMBeat Bomberman, final boss was the only hard boss. Now I've beaten the PCE Trilogy!

Such a killer game! And you should definitely try a play though with a support-type character, such as the Bishop (or mage, or whatever the hell he is called) , for some extra challenge.
Just beat the game now, really good. 8/10.

Is Bishop the worst character? Real question is: Can he outrun the Tigrebeast?

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2014, 10:02 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/01/2014, 08:26 PMBeat Bomberman, final boss was the only hard boss. Now I've beaten the PCE Trilogy!

You can outrun Tigerbeast with any character whose speed is above _____. Obviously, you have to spend precious crystals to do so prior to facing Le Tigre.

jordan_hillman

Quote from: guest on 09/01/2014, 10:02 PM

I wouldn't say he's the worst character per se (he can heal himself), but he's your prototypical support cast type character that definitely adds some challenge if you're playing solo.

Nec.Game.head

Today I started playing Star Parodia again. I absolutely love playing this game with my girlfriend !! This game is just all around great fun !!!

/PAROCHAR_zps78404e41.png

/yd1f.jpg
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

clackattack

Stumbled across a translated patch for Startling Odyssey II... This is and interesting game to say the least. Im a huge sucker for JRPGs so this one kinda feels at home with me. Some of the translations are a little rough, but 100% playable and enjoyable
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

DeshDildo

I finally completed Y's Books I & II for the first time.  What an amazing game.  The music was amazing.  I think I'm actually going to burn a copy of the soundtrack to jam to in the car once in awhile. 

So far this year I've completed these games:
Atlantanean
Bonk's Adventure
Cadash
Chase H.Q.
Last Alert
Neutopia
Neutopia II

The next 3 game I own that I want to run through are Bloody Wolf, Dragon's Curse or Dungeon Explorer.  What do you guys recommend I start with.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

neutopia6

Nice, I just completed Y's book I and II for the first time last week, very good, definitely have fun with Dragons Curse, I love that game.

PukeSter

Quote from: Desh on 09/06/2014, 09:35 PMI finally completed Ys Books I & II for the first time.  What an amazing game.  The music was amazing.  I think I'm actually going to burn a copy of the soundtrack to jam to in the car once in awhile. 

So far this year I've completed these games:
Atlantanean
Bonk's Adventure
Cadash
Chase H.Q.
Last Alert
Neutopia
Neutopia II

The next 3 game I own that I want to run through are Bloody Wolf, Dragon's Curse or Dungeon Explorer.  What do you guys recommend I start with.
Definitely Bloody Wolf. Great underrated game, and probably the easiest of the 3.

I've never managed to be Wonder Boy III, due to the stupid Pagoda level. Wonder Boy III is also the longest.

And Dungeon Explorer isn't too long, but having to reset the console and re-do the password is annoying each time you lose.

PukeSter

Just beat Legendary Axe II by the skin of my teeth. Took me a few days.

The first 6 levels I can do well, but that final level (and especially the boss) took me forever.

Lots of improvements compared to the first game, but some negatives like the final level and health downgrade upon death, will keep me from re-playing the game as often as the first one.

neutopia6

Agreed, I love the first Legendary Axe but didn't enjoy the second one as much, I think it was level six with all the platforms, and lightning and constant falling is what drove me nuts, I will do it some day though lol.

johnnymad

Been playing Bonk's Adventure. Never played it as a kid. Don't have to tell you guys how good it is.

PukeSter

Quote from: johnnymad on 09/07/2014, 06:11 PMBeen playing Bonk's Adventure. Never played it as a kid. Don't have to tell you guys how good it is.
One of my favorite HuCards, though I think New Adventure Island is the best PCE HuCard platformer. :)

Just beat Jigoku Meguri. Took only a day. Not really tricky at all, and the final boss is a piece of cake.

Even though it's only a 6/10 game, it's something everyone should at least try.

Galder

Alien crush, the atmosphere and gameplay are awesome... I have never been a  big fan of pinball games but this one is different, in an ~alien~ way :O ;p

Azzurri

Dragon slayer.

It's your prototypical jrpg of that time. It's a fun game and challenging but the voice acting is so bad.

gj-16

Still waiting for my DuoR to arrive but I did find a disc only copy of Ys 1&2 locally (which was odd considering it was a book store). I've always wanted to play that game, well that and Rondo but I doubt I'll be finding that any time soon.

bob

Quote from: gj-16 on 09/14/2014, 05:01 PMStill waiting for my DuoR to arrive but I did find a disc only copy of Ys 1&2 locally (which was odd considering it was a book store). I've always wanted to play that game, well that and Rondo but I doubt I'll be finding that any time soon.
Well...it is Ys BOOK

nosorrow

Quote from: galam on 09/14/2014, 07:24 PM
Quote from: gj-16 on 09/14/2014, 05:01 PMStill waiting for my DuoR to arrive but I did find a disc only copy of Ys 1&2 locally (which was odd considering it was a book store). I've always wanted to play that game, well that and Rondo but I doubt I'll be finding that any time soon.
Well...it is Ys BOOK
=D>

gj-16

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/07/2014, 01:49 PMJust beat Legendary Axe II by the skin of my teeth. Took me a few days.

The first 6 levels I can do well, but that final level (and especially the boss) took me forever.

Lots of improvements compared to the first game, but some negatives like the final level and health downgrade upon death, will keep me from re-playing the game as often as the first one.
Quote from: neutopia6 on 09/07/2014, 02:16 PMAgreed, I love the first Legendary Axe but didn't enjoy the second one as much, I think it was level six with all the platforms, and lightning and constant falling is what drove me nuts, I will do it some day though lol.
You are BOTH CRAZY. The sequel is a friggin' amazing game that has huge replay value.  HUGE REPLAY VALUE.

Thank you.  :pcgs:

Quote from: guest on 09/14/2014, 02:59 PM
Quote from: johnnymad on 09/07/2014, 06:11 PMBeen playing Bonk's Adventure. Never played it as a kid. Don't have to tell you guys how good it is.
One of my favorite HuCards, though I think New Adventure Island is the best PCE HuCard platformer. :)

Just beat Jigoku Meguri. Took only a day. Not really tricky at all, and the final boss is a piece of cake.

Even though it's only a 6/10 game, it's something everyone should at least try.
I have to look this up. I don't recognize it by name, sadly.

neutopia6

Alien Crush and Devils Crush are amazing pinball games, hopefully picking up a copy of Dragon Slayer, the game kicks ass, I've been trying out Monster Lair and still trying to get through Neutopia, soon!!! >:D

Azzurri

Quote from: neutopia6 on 09/14/2014, 09:07 PMAlien Crush and Devils Crush are amazing pinball games, hopefully picking up a copy of Dragon Slayer, the game kicks ass, I've been trying out Monster Lair and still trying to get through Neutopia, soon!!! >:D
Dragon Slayer is good, but by god the voice acting!

PukeSter

Esteban, I love LA II! It's just that the final level is stupidly hard.

Also, Jigoku Meguri is also known as Bonze Adventure. You play as a buddhist monk who must go deep into Hell and cure Enma (Buddhist King of Hell) of his insanity. And you throw "prayer beads" in classic Taito Bubble Bobble fashion.

neutopia6

I don't mind shitty voice acting lol, the stuff in Valis was pretty terrible but it was great for a laugh ahaha, as long as the game play is good than graphics and voice acting don't bother me. :p

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/14/2014, 09:11 PMEsteban, I love LA II! It's just that the final level is stupidly hard.

Also, Jigoku Meguri is also known as Bonze Adventure. You play as a buddhist monk who must go deep into Hell and cure Enma (Buddhist King of Hell) of his insanity. And you throw "prayer beads" in classic Taito Bubble Bobble fashion.
(1) you are forgiven  :pcgs:
(2) Bonze! Gotcha.

yoyo

Thinking of starting up some Ys III.
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
IMG

neutopia6

Nice, I just picked up Y's III, I'm waiting to finish Neutopia first though aha.

cr8zykuban0

been playing world court tennis  I like the little rpg element where you can walk around the town and challenging other tennis players.

also some ninja spirit on the express. always good

esteban

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 09/20/2014, 06:31 PMbeen playing world court tennis  I like the little rpg element where you can walk around the town and challenging other tennis players.

also some ninja spirit on the express. always good
Yes,the RPG in World Court (and Final Lap Twin) are fun.  :pcgs:

neutopia6

Final Lap Twin is another one I'm excited to finally start, I couldn't get into moto roader, the constant jumping of a vehicle drove me nuts.

neutopia6

Finally popped in Raiden, me and my girlfriend are having a blast, what do you guys think of it??

esteban

Quote from: neutopia6 on 09/23/2014, 12:23 AMFinally popped in Raiden, me and my girlfriend are having a blast, what do you guys think of it??
The HuCARD is fantastic port. Not perfect, but few games ever were back in the day.

Challenging game. You will cry.

It is NOT a perfect game, nor does it do anything new for the genre (a lineage of prior games use the same mechanics, formula).

It is nicely executed, though.

I never really understood why Raiden garnered so much attention...it was a polished rehash of existing shootemups.

But, even I found myself going back to it at arcade, so maybe it did deserve a hug.

The little details are nice (cows!).

CD-ROM PCE version has nice orchestral soundtrack and two extra stages, so I'd say that was a welcome BONUS after you beat HuCARD.

:pcgs:

neutopia6

Awesome, thank you, we made it to level four last night before calling it quits.
It felt mediocre, yet still very fun, and holy fuck quite a few continues in that game, I'm assuming it gets really painful near the end aha.

GoldenWheels

I'm trying to play Tricky Kick...not doing so well. I get the game mechanics in theory. But in practice....I suck.

Justinjcox20

I picked up some new games in vegas finally, so I am no longer stuck with just Keith courage.

I am playing splatterhouse,  dungeon explorer, rtype,  and air zonk

esteban

Quote from: Justinjcox20 on 09/24/2014, 12:25 AMI picked up some new games in vegas finally, so I am no longer stuck with just Keith courage.

I am playing splatterhouse,  dungeon explorer, rtype,  and air zonk
Damn, you went from KC to AWESOME.  :pcgs:

jordan_hillman

Quote from: neutopia6 on 09/23/2014, 01:51 PMAwesome, thank you, we made it to level four last night before calling it quits.
It felt mediocre, yet still very fun, and holy fuck quite a few continues in that game, I'm assuming it gets really painful near the end aha.
R-Type and Raiden, as far as US releases go, give me the most trouble by about a mile compared to every other shooter on the TG

But I haven't plaid Sinistron yet, and I hear that one is absolutely brutal to beat.

jtucci31

Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2014, 06:05 AM
Quote from: neutopia6 on 09/23/2014, 12:23 AMFinally popped in Raiden, me and my girlfriend are having a blast, what do you guys think of it??
CD-ROM PCE version has nice orchestral soundtrack and two extra stages, so I'd say that was a welcome BONUS after you beat HuCARD.

:pcgs:
Are you talking about Super Raiden for the Super CD-ROM? Not trying to be an ass, just want clarification. :) Didn't know Raiden was on Hu and CD