RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Laseractive/Laserdisc board suggestion

Started by PunkCryborg, 06/11/2011, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saibot

Small Man's Complex http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Napoleon_complex

This is what you see in the mirror every day when you wake up, sir.

I love when you accuse me of killing the live chat. The live chat is doing quite well, actually. The only one I don't see on there very often is you. Part of why it is doing so well is because it is truly an open chat room, where members are free to discuss other consoles, so people who are members on other classic gaming sites such as NeoGeo, AtariAge, Sega-16, and NintendoAge feel free to come in and discuss whatever they would like without any worries.

So yeah, the only one I don't see on there often is you. What ever would we do without you, coming in, trying to boss people around, telling them what they can and cannot talk about, insulting and threatening them when you don't get your way?

This has quickly gone from entertaining to just plain annoying. Seriously, you are not a mod. You are wrong. Back down :)

turbogrfxfan

you are just really out of your F*&^ing mind!! lol
I dont boss anyone!  who have I bossed around?
once again when have i acted like a mod????  people just have to read this thread and see im not acting like a mod. talking about insulting people.  what about your remarks on turkish people etc. do i ever do that?  Where was the threat?
The shout box is doing well in your eyes cuse you only know it from the point for which you got on it. How long have you been on here?  How do you know who left? The live thread is basicly all new members.  I wasnt here for very long either but ive been here long enough to know what shout was like before you.  Ive been on here long enough to talk with these people about how things changed.
    everyone has the right to talk what they want including you but you frikkin overkill it.
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

SignOfZeta

Wait, what?

1: I thought we were talking about the Laseractive here?

2: Is this an actual fight? About what?

3: Who the fuck is Saibot? He seems like a douche.

4: I don't go to bars.

Put that in your sig and smoke it.
IMG

blueraven

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 07/06/2011, 01:56 AM2: Is this an actual fight? About what?
Well that was certainly interesting.

There are a fair amount of people who only hang out in shout, like Saibot and there are people who mainly (or only) post in the forums like Zeta (I've never actually seen you post in shout), and there are some like turbogrfxfan and myself that do a bit of both. I can see why if some ppl are only doing one or the other that they might miss other people here.

As much as I don't want a Laseractive, and have no plans to purchase one, some ppl in shout regularly have picked them up recently and there has been this month of Nuon numbness that also pervaded the daily conversation. It bores the hell out of me, but some people dig it and some people a re pissed its going on instead of turbo conversation. And people have been spending too much time talking about Sega PAC's IMO and other such disastrously boring things.  A lot of people have been talking about obscure shit from the Casio Loopy and the Game.com. Some people always talk about Sega Saturn. I'm making waaay too many FM Towns Marty comments.

THAT SAID....

Blaming Saibot for everyone else buying worthless crap like a system with only 7 games and talking about it doesn't exactly make sense even if the dude does start every convo with "Sex", constantly is referencing turkish whores, and Kirby emoticons.

AND...

turbogrfxfan is right. We need to talk more about Turbob.

SuperDeadite

Now don't be jealous blue.  There's plenty of Loopy action to go around for everyone. :)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Saibot

Time for somebody to take charge around here...look at these n00bz trying to tell people what they can and cannot talk about. Is this the message you want new users to get from this site?

I know some people who have left because all of the vigilante wannabe mods trying to boss people around. True story.

Somebody coming in starting a conversation with "Saibot is a douche" has a whole lot to do with Turbo conversation, doesn't it. You n00bz and your unified front might actually get somewhere, if you didn't contradict yourselves with every last thing you say :)

NecroPhile

Quote from: blueraven on 07/06/2011, 04:26 AMWe need to talk more about Turbob.  
Too true.  If anyone wants to know why many of the long-time good guys ain't around much nowadays, this is it.

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Quote from: Saibot on 07/05/2011, 09:07 PMLol you n00bz are way overstepping your bounds. You're not in charge, don't try to police the chatbox and tell us what we can and cannot talk about. You n00bz may think you got balls, but you got no teeth :)

Back down, and back down fast. Go running away like a little girl with your tail between your legs and cry me a river, crybabies :)
33 posts (many in arguing threads like this)... in 6 years (most you weren't ever here), and you're calling people noobz  :roll: :lol: :lol:

LMAO internet tough guy alert.  Noobz?  WTF...same old, same old "it's the internet I'll do what I want...cause I'm SOOOOOOOOOO L33T"

By your logic YOU STFU you aren't in charge, nor run shit, so quit the hypocrisy.  Yes we all know (as you've mentioned it numerous times), the LA is TG/PCE hardware, but a VERY minor portion, and shitty in it's main function (a LD player).

Just because by in large the mods don't care about shout doesn't= you are right or cool.  You notice how little is modded (usually because it isn't necessary).  

"Just because you can...doesn't always mean you should" ;)

Quote from: Saibot on 07/05/2011, 10:22 PMI often wonder why I'm not banned...then again overall people seem to not have a problem with me, just a select few.
More than a few just ignore/tolerate you to keep the peace.  :P  :lol:

Quote from: Saibot on 07/06/2011, 09:04 AMI know some people who have left because all of the vigilante wannabe mods trying to boss people around. True story.
Just as many (or more) have left/don't come around as much due to the asshattery (see Saibot's attitude, etc.).

Even these posts (lost count of the noobz bs)...people get sick of the one trick pony.  When it's basically the same few topics talked about by the same people everyday...yeah lack of imagination.  Some people really need to expand their lives a tad.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

JoshTurboTrollX

wtf?  I think it's gotta be more luck of the draw in shout.  Sometimes you get LA talk, sometimes you get crazy hatris time talk, and even sometimes you get INtraNET toughguys in their 30's trying to school yard bully other guys in their 30's.  I've really never had any problem with the laseractive talk in shout.  If anything it's interesting finding out what the system with all its crazy hookups could actually do!

Enough with the hate-fighting.  You guys are both funny as balls, just apologize to one another and say 'I misunderstood' and lets move on!!  or if you can't maybe we'll organize a turbob gathering and let you two fuckers hug it out!

Quote from: nectarsis on 07/06/2011, 02:34 PMSome people really need to expand their lives a tad.
Nectar got laid.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nectarsis

Senshi

I'm going to attempt to stay on topic and vote for no separate section. I don't like that we have a separate TG and PCE section as it is so I doubt i'll like this.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

GameFreak

Quote from: Senshi on 07/06/2011, 08:37 PMI'm going to attempt to stay on topic and vote for no separate section. I don't like that we have a separate TG and PCE section as it is so I doubt i'll like this.
i agree.

nat

Somehow I missed this topic until now, so let me clarify a few things.

1) The shoutbox is unmoderated, for better or worse. Anything goes, unless you're Nintega, in which case you get your ass thrown right out.

2) The LaserActive is not an NEC console. It may have a "pack" that gives it the ability to play NEC console games, but it also has a Genesis "pack," among other things. It's not an NEC console. It will not be getting its own sub forum.

End of story.

SignOfZeta

Well, that makes no fucking sense. We have a sub forum for the Wii virtual console which is not only not a NEC system but also plays ROMs that are identical to the ones already available for the real consoles. Ie: Super Star Solider for VC is identical to the TG-16/PCE HuCard therefore making the VC not only "off topic" but also totally irrelevant.

Also, the separate forums for TG-16 and PCE...how is this logical? On any other forum nobody would pretend that a Neo Geo game released in Japan is somehow for a completely different system than the American version of the same game.

What will be will be, but don't try to pretend there is any logic to it.
IMG

TheClash603

There were variations of the Laseractive which were not Pioneer, but rather Aiwa and NEC...  just saying,

SignOfZeta

There were also Wondermegas made by Victor, Saturns made by Hitachi, Famicoms made by Sharp, etc. I guess these would be off topic systems on any website devoted to the Megadrive/Saturn/FC...
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 07/16/2011, 06:29 PMThere were also Wondermegas made by Victor, Saturns made by Hitachi, Famicoms made by Sharp, etc. I guess these would be off topic systems on any website devoted to the Megadrive/Saturn/FC...
Those systems are replicas of the original hardware.  The LA is a different beast in that it uses the original capabilities of a system, but then adds additional capabilities and a new format (LD).  The fact NEC got into the branding (production?) of the system indicates even they were aware of the unique experience the LA could deliver.

If the Victor Saturn used LD and had all of the original functionality + new functionality, damn right it would deserve its own forum on a Saturn website.

SignOfZeta

The Victor Wondermega is totally different from the Sega one, also the Famicom Twin is quite a bit different from a standard Famicom.
IMG

nat

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 07/16/2011, 05:59 PMWell, that makes no fucking sense. We have a sub forum for the Wii virtual console which is not only not a NEC system but also plays ROMs that are identical to the ones already available for the real consoles. Ie: Super Star Solider for VC is identical to the TG-16/PCE HuCard therefore making the VC not only "off topic" but also totally irrelevant.

Also, the separate forums for TG-16 and PCE...how is this logical? On any other forum nobody would pretend that a Neo Geo game released in Japan is somehow for a completely different system than the American version of the same game.
I'm with you there. Believe me, I lobbied heavily to merge the two sub forums when we had this discussion a couple years ago but I was overruled.

QuoteWhat will be will be, but don't try to pretend there is any logic to it.
I see your point, but once we open the door for other consoles and such, where do we draw the line? Why not just create a Genesis and SNES sub forum while we're at it? Hell, why not one for the SMS and NES?

Saibot

You draw the line when you got people coming into chat acting like they own the place, telling people what they can and cannot talk about, then when they're ignored or laughed at they start flaming people 3 on 1.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Saibot on 07/18/2011, 01:56 PMYou draw the line when you got people coming into chat acting like they own the place, telling people what they can and cannot talk about, then when they're ignored or laughed at they start flaming people 3 on 1.
Oh, do you own chat?  I think not - you get to talk about whatever you want and those that don't want to hear your LA talk get to say whatever they want, so why don't you douche the sand out of your vag and quit crying already.

nectarsis

Quote from: guest on 07/18/2011, 03:19 PM
Quote from: Saibot on 07/18/2011, 01:56 PMYou draw the line when you got people coming into chat acting like they own the place, telling people what they can and cannot talk about, then when they're ignored or laughed at they start flaming people 3 on 1.
Oh, do you own chat?  I think not - you get to talk about whatever you want and those that don't want to hear your LA talk get to say whatever they want, so why don't you douche the sand out of your vag and quit crying already.
Oh NecroPhile must also have a connected brain  :roll: :lol:   SSDD Sai  bringing up/STARTING the same shit, yet whines when it blows up in his face.  It gets old man, try new material.  Always talking like your right to say/act however you want, disrespect others etc. trumps all others.  Quit being a whiny hypocrite, and learn how to interact with others not "It's the internet I'll act however I want"...yet cry when others act the same way to them.

BlueBMW

This argument has gone on 5 pages.... wow :lol:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

turbogrfxfan

ha ha the kid just doesnt get it. No sense in trying to make him understand.  Its like telling a five year old kid not to play with matches. Hes going to do what he wants and when he gets burned hes plays the victom. all anyone has to do is read this thread and they will see how he is. Its here in black and white and he still plays his b.s..  I just ignore him.
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

BlueBMW

Well I like Saibot, and I like you too Turbo so I guess I'll just plug my ears and hum  :-" :mrgreen:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SignOfZeta

Quote from: nat on 07/17/2011, 05:15 PMI see your point, but once we open the door for other consoles and such, where do we draw the line? Why not just create a Genesis and SNES sub forum while we're at it? Hell, why not one for the SMS and NES?
Are you being serious? Does the SNES run PC Engine code?

How is the LA an "other" console? It's got official NEC/Hu chips in it. I carries the HE System logo. You stick actual HuCards and Super CDs in them and they play. Does the Genesis do that?
IMG

GameFreak

QuoteAre you being serious? Does the SNES run PC Engine code?

This nintendo in the video can play pc-engine games just fine...
HEHEHEEE...im just joking. I can see the points you all made though.
Instead of an actual "section" for LA why not just have an ongoing thread like this one (but nicer, helpful, and resourceful),...where people can come back and add different info at different times.

BlueBMW

Quote from: GameFreak on 07/18/2011, 10:15 PMInstead of an actual "section" for LA why not just have an ongoing thread like this one (but nicer, helpful, and resourceful),...where people can come back and add different info at different times.
This! :D

TheClash603

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 07/18/2011, 09:16 PM
Quote from: nat on 07/17/2011, 05:15 PMI see your point, but once we open the door for other consoles and such, where do we draw the line? Why not just create a Genesis and SNES sub forum while we're at it? Hell, why not one for the SMS and NES?
Are you being serious? Does the SNES run PC Engine code?

How is the LA an "other" console? It's got official NEC/Hu chips in it. I carries the HE System logo. You stick actual HuCards and Super CDs in them and they play. Does the Genesis do that?
You beat me to it.  Not in the same league, not even the same sport...

nat

Quote from: SaibotYou draw the line when you got people coming into chat acting like they own the place, telling people what they can and cannot talk about, then when they're ignored or laughed at they start flaming people 3 on 1.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, shoutbox is unmoderated.

On the other hand, the forum IS moderated and if you don't have anything to contribute to the topic at hand (adding a LaserActive subforum), then please refrain from further posting in this thread. Consider this your final warning.

Quote from: GameFreak on 07/18/2011, 10:15 PMInstead of an actual "section" for LA why not just have an ongoing thread like this one (but nicer, helpful, and resourceful),...where people can come back and add different info at different times.
Go right ahead and start one.

Quote from: SignOfZetaAre you being serious? Does the SNES run PC Engine code?
Yes, I'm being serious. And no, not to my knowledge. To the best of my knowledge, neither does the LaserActive.

QuoteHow is the LA an "other" console? It's got official NEC/Hu chips in it. I carries the HE System logo. You stick actual HuCards and Super CDs in them and they play.
It's a non-NEC console that plays its own library of games. You can purchase separate expansion "PAC"s that add the ability to play third-party console games, such as the Turbo and Genesis, among other things. The Turbo "PAC" does indeed carry the "HE" logo, likewise the Genesis PAC carries the appropriate logos. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is any SEGA or NEC branding or hardware on the system itself.

If you need it spelled out for you, the Wii VC is a different situation... The idea behind that forum was originally to keep track of VC Turbo releases and keep tabs on which games would be released, and which wouldn't. There are even certain games that have seen a domestic release through the VC that don't have a corresponding domestic release in the actual Turbo library. You can't just take a HuCard or SuperCD and put it in the Wii and play it, as you could with a LA equipped with an NEC PAC. I'll admit that now that Turbo VC releases have all but been discontinued, the VC sub forum has more or less outlived its usefulness.

On the other hand, a LaserActive equipped with an NEC PAC utilizes the existing Turbo/PCE library. We already have not one, but TWO sub forums for discussing these games (one more than we really need, in my opinion). We certainly don't need a third. Anything else the LaserActive does is outside the realm of the NEC console universe, placing it firmly in "Other Console" territory.

Anyone who needs to discuss the LaserActive's NEC PAC can do so in one of the existing sub forums.

Quote from: SignOfZetaDoes the Genesis do that?
I don't think so.

VestCunt

EDIT:
Quote from: nat on 07/19/2011, 01:57 AM
Yes, I'm being serious. And no, not to my knowledge. To the best of my knowledge, neither does the LaserActive.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a separate library of "LD-ROM" games requiring the NEC PAC and doesn't the NEC PAC generate the sprites and slap them on some fancy laserdisc backgrounds?
---end edit------
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 07/18/2011, 09:16 PMHow is the LA an "other" console? It's got official NEC/Hu chips in it. I carries the HE System logo. You stick actual HuCards and Super CDs in them and they play. Does the Genesis do that?
The top board on these forums defines pcenginfx as "the NEC console resource."  Zeta's points qualify the Laseractive as a NEC console.  

Companies license stuff.  NEC consoles play Hudson's Hucards.  JVC's X'eye plays Genesis games.  Panasonic and Goldstar consoles play 3DO games.

We don't have to worry about a slippery slope and we're not about to open a floodgate for misfit consoles, so why the vehement objections?  Unlike the PAC-N10, Aaron didn't include the Genesis in his "Compatibility Guide."  The LD-ROM games have a similar logo to the CD, SCD, and ACD games. They're part of a family and there aren't any other systems like that.

That said, we should make a distinction between LD-ROM games and an obsolete home video format has nothing to do with NEC consoles.  People
can talk about collecting movies in the general forum.  My Duo happens to play audio CD's, but we don't give those special treatment.

The Laseractive NEC pack qualifies as a NEC console.  Let's debate a few other standards:

1)  Is there a need for a LD-ROM resource?

Yes.  If pcenginefx doesn't host information and discussion on the LD-ROM, no one will!  In fact, we're already the de facto home for such information:  Aaron saw the need to include it in his compatibility guide and people have started to troubleshoot in the repair forum.  Games are extremely rare and information is scarce.  It's the black sheep of the NEC family.  I've been a member for six year and it's something I'm interested in, yet I know nothing about.

2)  Is there enough discussion to warrant special attention?
I don't know.  I have seen more mention of the LD-ROM in the forums over the last year than the previous five combined, but still not much.
I never look at the shout box, but it's a real shame if people have been posting valuable information in that fleeting hell hole for lack of a better place.  

3) Should the topic be integrated into an existing forum?  If so, which one?
The Supergrafx is the closest we have to a precedent:  an advanced, backward-compatible system with a tiny library of its own unique games. There are a few differences of coarse, namely the fact that a laseractive w/NEC pack is so expensive and the games are so rare that the average PCE/TG user is going to be about as interested in LD-ROM discussion as PC-FX discussion.  Also, the SGX uses existing hucard media in a different format, while the LD is completely different media.

I could think through this some more, but I'll just cut to the chase and make a proposal:

1)  Make a shared forum for the SuperGrafx and Laseractive PAC-N10 misfits.
2)  Fewer boards are better, so consolidate the four "sales" forums down to two - one for all NEC console sales and the keep the existing one for non-NEC related goods.  No one keeps the PCE/TG16 sales straight anyway and the PC-FX sales are so few they won't annoy anybody.  Even all three combined won't be any busier than an average day in the TG-16 Discussion.
Topic Adjourned.

SignOfZeta

Quote from: nat on 07/19/2011, 01:57 AM
Well since I know your knowledge isn't actually that deficient, I guess this must either be some odd form of facetiousness or just outright trolling...same thing, really.

I guess if you are one of the approximately zero people on Earth who owns a Laseractive and only uses it for movies and karaoke that would be true. In practical reality every LA has a game PAC installed and they absolutely do run PCE code. The PC Engine PAC basically is a PC Engine sans power supply. Combined with the LA itself they form a giant-ass PC Engine. Comparing it to a SNES, which plays absolutely nothing PC Engine is just silly.

The supported game library of an NEC equipped LA is the same as a Duo; everything but Supergrafx. In addition it plays LDROM2 games, every mention of which will stay buried deep beneath the world's suckiest search function without a sub forum.
IMG

SignOfZeta

I don't think the SGX has anything to do with the LA (other than them both being really bad ideas). Both the SGX and LA were evolutionary dead ends, but the SGX is compatible with all the CDROM add-ons, boosters, etc. The LA isn't compatible with anything but the software and controllers. The SGX is certainly "more" of a PCE than the LA is...but its a slightly stupider one. :)
IMG

VestCunt

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 07/19/2011, 03:49 AMIn addition it plays LDROM2 games, every mention of which will stay buried deep beneath the world's suckiest search function without a sub forum.
Seriously.

Nat, as a moderator you tend to shoot down or ignore suggestions with which you disagree.  Of course you're going to argue your views, but how about a little "well, I disagree, but I'll present your points to Aaron" or "sounds silly, but let's do a poll"?
Topic Adjourned.

GameFreak

QuoteInstead of an actual "section" for LA why not just have an ongoing thread like this one (but nicer, helpful, and resourceful),...where people can come back and add different info at different times. -gamefreak

Go right ahead and start one. -nat

ok if you want to talk real LA stuff go here -> https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=10096.0
and dont start bitchhhin about how it should be in the PCE section... :-"

NecroPhile

Quote from: VestCunt on 07/19/2011, 03:43 AM1)  Make a shared forum for the SuperGrafx and Laseractive PAC-N10 misfits.
They're both extensions of the original PCE, so treating them separately makes about as much sense as making individual forums for HuCard only systems, CD-ROM2 systems, SuperCD-ROM2 systems, the Arcade CD-ROM2, etc.

Quote from: VestCunt on 07/19/2011, 04:19 AMNat, as a moderator you tend to shoot down or ignore suggestions with which you disagree.  Of course you're going to argue your views, but how about a little "well, I disagree, but I'll present your points to Aaron" or "sounds silly, but let's do a poll"?
It's not like nat and Aaron sit out on the veranda nightly, sipping scotch and smoking cigars; so act like an adult, put together a game plan and e-mail it to Aaron yourself, then throw it on the ground.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: nat on 07/19/2011, 01:57 AMCorrect me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is any SEGA or NEC branding or hardware on the system itself.
There's a variation made by NEC that does have the NEC branding on the system. It came with the NEC PAC as well.

nec_pce-ld1.jpg
--DragonmasterDan

VestCunt

Quote from: NecroPhile on 07/19/2011, 10:56 AM
Quote from: VestCunt on 07/19/2011, 04:19 AMNat, as a moderator you tend to shoot down or ignore suggestions with which you disagree.  Of course you're going to argue your views, but how about a little "well, I disagree, but I'll present your points to Aaron" or "sounds silly, but let's do a poll"?
It's not like nat and Aaron sit out on the veranda nightly, sipping scotch and smoking cigars; so act like an adult, put together a game plan and e-mail it to Aaron yourself, then throw it on the ground.
Yeah, I know.  What I'm objecting to is this definitive air of authority as if we've just been giving the final answer to the debate:
Quote from: nat on 07/16/2011, 05:02 PMIt will not be getting its own sub forum.

End of story.
What the hell?  There are three mods.  They were created primarily to keep up with the potty-mouthing. 

Nat's a great guy and I don't want to make this personal.  The mods have to deal with a lot of crap and I respect that.  I trust Nat's judgement when it comes to banning troublemakers and keeping a semblance civility around here, but acting like he can pull rank on global decisions is bogus.  While the mods don't sip wine with the boss on a veranda, but they do have occasional meetings and report goings-on, so there is a go-between function there.
Topic Adjourned.

VestCunt

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 07/19/2011, 02:02 PM
Quote from: nat on 07/19/2011, 01:57 AMCorrect me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there is any SEGA or NEC branding or hardware on the system itself.
There's a variation made by NEC that does have the NEC branding on the system. It came with the NEC PAC as well.
nec_pce-ld1.jpg
Nat seems to be confused.  I don't think the real issue is the branding and logos.  He seems to think that the Laseractive only plays its own games and the NEC PAC only plays TG/PCE games.  In reality, there is a library of LD-ROM games that require the NEC-PAC, generate sprites from the NEC PAC's PC Engine architecture, can't be played on the standalone Laseractive.
Topic Adjourned.

CGQuarterly

Quote from: guest on 07/19/2011, 02:31 PM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 07/19/2011, 02:02 PM
nec_pce-ld1.jpg
Nat seems to be confused.  I don't think the real issue is the branding and logos.  He seems to think that the Laseractive only plays its own games and the NEC PAC only plays TG/PCE games.  In reality, there is a library of LD-ROM games that require the NEC-PAC, generate sprites from the NEC PAC's PC Engine architecture, can't be played on the standalone Laseractive.
I definitely didn't know that, and it does change my opinion on the situation.

Chris

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 07/19/2011, 03:09 PMI definitely didn't know that, and it does change my opinion on the situation.

Chris
Yep, there's a handful of LD-ROM2 games out there that use the NEC PAC (PC Engine hardware) to run it.

The Sega PAC does the same thing, it's using the Genny/Sega CD hardware to run all the graphics and logic while background or accompanying video is run through the LD player.
--DragonmasterDan

td741

I can't find any numbers on the amount of LD-Rom2 games out there... Only that there were 3 "US" LD-Rom2 games released.

As such, it's not like a laseractive or sgx board will have that much discussion due to the size of their respective libraries.  The main value of would be to use it like an archive to make it easier to find things like video playthroughs of Vajra or the thread on the SGX R-Type hack.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: td741 on 07/19/2011, 03:45 PMI can't find any numbers on the amount of LD-Rom2 games out there... Only that there were 3 "US" LD-Rom2 games released.

As such, it's not like a laseractive or sgx board will have that much discussion due to the size of their respective libraries.  The main value of would be to use it like an archive to make it easier to find things like video playthroughs of an Vajra or the thread on the SGX R-Type hack.
11 total.
--DragonmasterDan

Saibot

Quote from: nat on 07/16/2011, 05:02 PMSomehow I missed this topic until now, so let me clarify a few things.

1) The shoutbox is unmoderated, for better or worse. Anything goes, unless you're Nintega, in which case you get your ass thrown right out.

End of story.
So in other words, turbogrfxfan, nectarsis, Opethian, and all the other self-appointed moderators can go eat shit? Okay. :)

I love when you fucks just make shit up...like I never talk about Turbo-Grafx or anything. Me and Tatsujin have hour long fapfests to Shadow of the Beast, Sapphire, and Super Darius 2 music. Feel free to join in ^.^

I've never, not even once tried to tell people what they can and cannot talk about, nice try necrophile. It is, however, rather annoying when I go to take a shit and I come back and read the shoutbox and there's 3 pages of turbogrfxfan, nectarsis, and Opethian bashing me. Glad to see their consistent undying efforts to keep conversation Turbo-related.

Opethian makes no sense, either. He throws a pissy fit when we talk about NUON and other obscure consoles yet he sits there fapping for hours about FM Towns and whatever obscure shit consoles nobody has ever heard of that he likes.

And I do enjoy nectarsis' hour-long fits of drunken stupor, filled with unbridled rage and typing errors. It entertains me so :)

geralds

Quote from: Saibot on 07/19/2011, 05:30 PM
Quote from: nat on 07/16/2011, 05:02 PMSomehow I missed this topic until now, so let me clarify a few things.

End of story.
So in other words, turbogrfxfan, nectarsis, Opethian, and all the other self-appointed moderators can go eat shit? Okay. :)

I love when you fucks just make shit up...like I never talk about Turbo-Grafx or anything. Me and Tatsujin have hour long fapfests to Shadow of the Beast, Sapphire, and Super Darius 2 music. Feel free to join in ^.^

I've never, not even once tried to tell people what they can and cannot talk about, nice try necrophile. It is, however, rather annoying when I go to take a shit and I come back and read the shoutbox and there's 3 pages of turbogrfxfan, nectarsis, and Opethian bashing me. Glad to see their consistent undying efforts to keep conversation Turbo-related.

Opethian makes no sense, either. He throws a pissy fit when we talk about NUON and other obscure consoles yet he sits there fapping for hours about FM Towns and whatever obscure shit consoles nobody has ever heard of that he likes.

And I do enjoy nectarsis' hour-long fits of drunken stupor, filled with unbridled rage and typing errors. It entertains me so :)
Don't forget your enjoyment over my hit-japan story lol.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Saibot on 07/19/2011, 05:30 PMSo in other words, turbogrfxfan, nectarsis, Opethian, and all the other self-appointed moderators can go eat shit? Okay. :)

What's this have to do with the LaserActive and its proposed sub-forum?

Saibot

LOL, and for the record, I never talk about NUON. Everybody else brings up NUON, it's not my fault there's like 6 people on here that own a NUON, and they ask me questions and stuff. I don't want to ignore them, that would be most rude :)

THEY SHOULD ALL BE BANNT!!11111111111

TALK TURBO OR GTFO!!! FUCK YEA

SignOfZeta

Sabot, please go play in traffic.

So anyway, if we have a Laseractive subsection, are we going to have one for the US version and one for the JP version?

End of joke.
IMG