The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Xbox One

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 05/21/2013, 01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digi.k

meh forza is where is at and they better get onboard the Cave shooters !!!!!

Tatsujin

So much uberfail in only one box. It borders on sheer inconceivability.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esadajr

Quote from: guest on 05/21/2013, 07:32 PMLook at the size of this motherfucker!

IMG
Because bigger is better.
Gaming since 1985

PCEngineHell

SmaMan

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 05/22/2013, 04:17 AMI didn't notice it mentioned here, but I understand the system is supposed to be on all the time.  I'm not sure if that's a requirement, or a suggestion, maybe since it is a media center?  I don't know about anyone else, but, I don't want my "game system"(I use this term every so loosely in regards to the Xbox One) on 24 hours a day, just sitting there in the heat of summer. Possibly a plot by MS for it to wear out quicker?  I'll let you decide! 
Are you surprised? This is the same company that advertised and even encouraged users to sit the XBOX 360 console vertically, even though that led to quicker wearing out of the DVD drive and made it much easier to scratch up your disks.

This is the same company that authorized the use of tinfoil in place of legit CPU connections within the XBOX 360, and then flat out denied they ever had anything to do with it as the RROD craze began.

They might as well call this the WarrantyBox One, because if you don't have one on this, you're screwed.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

_Paul

All this makes me want to buy an Ouya.

Nando

Quote from: guest on 05/22/2013, 02:46 PMAll this makes me want to buy an Ouya.
BWAHAHAHAHAH

Can't wait to buy an inexpensive 360 and play them shmups

bob

Quote from: Nando on 05/22/2013, 02:58 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/22/2013, 02:46 PMAll this makes me want to buy an Ouya.
BWAHAHAHAHAH

Can't wait to buy an inexpensive 360 and play them shmups
DEATHSMILES   :twisted:

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 05/22/2013, 02:46 PMAll this makes me want to buy a Dreamcast.
fixed!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TheClash603

I love when new console generations begin, I always buy at launch and get all hyped up.

Going back to the 16 bit era, this is the system I have been least excited for.

Tatsujin

SmaMan

Now that I've had time to think about it, my reaction:
Funny thing is, this video was originally made for Microsoft's E3 presentation last year... my how things have not changed...
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.

Arkhan Asylum

In honor of the Xbox One, I beat Spyro the Dragon for Playstation 1 today.

remember when Microsoft didn't make consoles, and first person shooters weren't for pussies?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

OpenTheTrayHal.jpg

NightWolve

^ Hahahahahaha!

SmaMan

Too true... too true... so true it hurts.

I remember one tech writer actually wrote years ago about an age where computers would not obey our commands, but instead those of a corporation... lemme try to find that article.

EDIT: Found it! Quite a good read if you have some time. Eerie to think he wrote about this well before the XBOX One, or the XBOX 360 for that matter, was ever begat.
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/can-you-trust.html

Tatsujin

This system unites all bad aspects of a gaming console with all the bad aspects of a PC. Not the easiest task to accomplish.

Tatsujin

Mishran

Quote from: SmaMan on 05/23/2013, 04:45 AMToo true... too true... so true it hurts.

I remember one tech writer actually wrote years ago about an age where computers would not obey our commands, but instead those of a corporation... lemme try to find that article.

EDIT: Found it! Quite a good read if you have some time. Eerie to think he wrote about this well before the XBOX One, or the XBOX 360 for that matter, was ever begat.
Good read there and I agree 100% with what the man wrote. Exactly what is happening now with technology. Hell, politics and society in general aren't too much different either if you think about it.

esadajr

Quote from: Mishran on 05/23/2013, 08:18 AM
Quote from: SmaMan on 05/23/2013, 04:45 AMToo true... too true... so true it hurts.

Good read there and I agree 100% with what the man wrote. Exactly what is happening now with technology. Hell, politics and society in general aren't too much different either if you think about it.
time to stop living on denial, make another effort to stop using propietary tecnology
Gaming since 1985

Nando

A great article

http://www.gamesbrief.com/2013/05/xbox-one-a-flawed-plan-well-executed/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=GB&utm_source=twitterfeed

"[The Xbox is part of a] grandiose strategy. Microsoft built its dominance through the ubiquity of its operating systems on PCs. Initially with DOS, and subsequently with Windows, the company established itself as the platform for users and developers. Now it is vying to control access to information from the living room. Three pieces of hardware have long been perceived as potential winners in this battle: the PC, the video game console and the satellite/cable set-top box. Microsoft already dominates the PC market. In 1997, it invested $1 billion in a 7.3% stake in Comcast, the US cable company, in an attempt to build a "Windows-based gateway to the television [although it subsequently sold it]. And the Xbox is designed to cover the third potential route to the market, to make sure that whichever of the three pieces of hardware win the battle, Microsoft has a place at the table."

tpivette

Wow, in the first few minutes of the unveil I was thinking... "they haven't said ANYTHING about the games". M$ has definitely moved away from the gamer's demographic.

Oh well, my WiiU is still awesome, and the PS4 looks promising
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: tpivette on 05/23/2013, 11:12 AMOh well, my WiiU is still awesome, and the PS4 looks promising
Damn straight!

Gotta git me some Sonic Vroom Vroom Car Racing or whatever its called.

jlued686

Sonic Vroom Vroom Car Racing is awesome.

SmaMan

I actually tried the demo for that. Pretty fun game. Supposedly the full version has some blatant tie-ins like Danika Patrick as a playable character, but at least you could just not select her.

An optional turn-off for features you don't like... you heard that, Kinect?

ParanoiaDragon

The more I think about it, it seems like 90% of the info for the Xbox One, says it doesn't do a lot of things, whether it be about the hard drive or cross platform or b/c, etc.  It sure seems like it can't do much at all!
IMG

TR0N

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is what there selling on the xbox one.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Nando

So does an artist get royalties from an used game, even if he/she has moved on to another company? or is all this used game profit going directly to the co.?

If I were a company, I'd hired a bunch of super talented folk, let them make a few good games, then fire the whole lot and enjoy the used game rewards. Zynga!

NecroPhile

I don't think programmers/artists get part of the back-end from any system.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/24/2013, 03:13 PMI don't think programmers/artists get part of the back-end from any system.
Probably not, unless it is employee owned.  Captain Obvious say welcome ;)

I liken it to when a sports team owners spends a shit ton of money to get the best team together, they win the championship and said team owner disbands the team after the fact.

esadajr

Quote from: Nando on 05/24/2013, 03:27 PMI liken it to when a sports team owners spends a shit ton of money to get the best team together, they win the championship and said team owner disbands the team after the fact.
I like it when a team I dislike, does that, except they don't win the championship and then they disband the team.
Gaming since 1985

TheClash603

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 05/23/2013, 11:53 AM
Quote from: tpivette on 05/23/2013, 11:12 AMOh well, my WiiU is still awesome, and the PS4 looks promising
Damn straight!

Gotta git me some Sonic Vroom Vroom Car Racing or whatever its called.
this was actually my 2nd most played Wii U game at launch.  Easily my favorite kart racer since Double Dash, it is awesome!

handygrafx

As of now, my next-gen machines of choice are/will likely be...

PC:
-A reasonably high-end rig enough to run Battlefield 4 @ 60fps / 1080p / Ultra settings. Plus, enough to run Supermodel, the SEGA Model 3 arcade emu.  Gotta be able to play Daytona USA 2 and everything else @ 60fps.

Consoles:
-PS4
-Wii U, maybe. If Nintendo's first-party efforts appeal to me enough, if the price drops and if the non-gaming features and OS speed up/get improved.
side note: IMHO, the first Super Mario Galaxy is the best game Nintendo has ever made, and Twilight Princess is the best Zelda game ever made. Again, all IMO.

Handhelds:
-3DS

As for the XBone....... lolz

SmaMan

Quote from: handygrafx on 06/06/2013, 11:21 PM-Wii U, maybe. If Nintendo's first-party efforts appeal to me enough, if the price drops and if the non-gaming features and OS speed up/get improved.
Well, a recent update did really really speed up the OS. Things load more than twice as fast than at launch... pretty awesome to say the least.

Also, anyone been keeping up with the Wii U eShop? Some seriously awesome stuff hitting there lately, like Super Metroid for 30 cents!

Psycho Punch

Don't jump the gun, handygrafx. We don't even know how the PS4 will really be, yet.

I don't know you guys but at least at the beggining of the "generation" I'll stick to Steam.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Nando

COMING FOR THE NINTENDO SIX...UM XBOX ONE, KILLER INSTINCT

esadajr

I was just notified it is available for pre sale. Yay! for $499 my privacy can be invaded, and Microsoft can double dip on games, hooray!
Gaming since 1985

Arkhan Asylum

Fucking Panzer Dragoon game.

goddamnit

Where's my revolver

PCEngineHell

It's almost like re-watching Sega of America fumble the Saturn launch, except that was still worlds better then this since Sega had Virtua Fighter, PD, and Daytona USA , and the Saturn didn't have to jack into a phone line on day 1 or do 24 hour surveillance.

_Paul

With all this 'processing in the cloud' bullshit they are spouting, does this mean there must be a minimum broadband speed you require to even play games?

Digi.k

Next gen  is all about the battle of which fugly machine will end up in your house...

It really is bloody expensive too

TheClash603

Insomniac Games is the best thing on modern consoles....  I'll admit, I preordered an Xbox One...

Arkhan Asylum

All I want is Panzer Dragoon or whatever they are calling it.

That shit can wait.

SMF

Hey now that they get K3 also might be interesting to say the least to see what Xbox offers.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

PCEngineHell

This thread should be locked and forgotten. No one Everyone wants Xbox One. Its going to have Killer Instinct. You can play as Jago for free. He's another ninja a totally original character in a fighting game. This is someone you care about.

Digi.k

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 06/11/2013, 02:33 PMThis thread should be locked and forgotten. No one Everyone wants Xbox One. Its going to have Killer Instinct. You can play as Jago for free. He's another ninja a totally original character in a fighting game. This is someone you care about.
well I am on the fence about it.. It depends on Crimson Dragoon and Forza 5 and if we gonna get a slew of new japanese shoot em ups and if I can get one really cheap...

the DRM wont be too much of an issue as I will be very selective on what I will buy on it.  PS4 however at least all the games can be bought used and reduced in price.

NightWolve

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 05/21/2013, 04:00 PM
QuoteMicrosoft has confirmed that all Xbox One games will require mandatory installation onto the system's hard drive and, to install the same disc onto another user's drive, a fee must be paid.

Individual games will be tied to Xbox Live accounts, Microsoft said, meaning that the software giant can detect whether a game has been sold to a retailer and repurchased, or handed from one friend to another. In such instances, the second user must pay a fee.
I love how they use the word "fee" here.  It's going to be full retail price, not a fee.  Using the word fee in this manner makes it sound like it'll be $9.99 to use it on another machine.  We all know it will be the full cost.
Official PlayStation Used Game Instructional Video
Sony responds. Heh-heh.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/11/2013, 01:16 PMAll I want is Panzer Dragoon or whatever they are calling it.

That shit can wait.
I believe that you control that game with Kinect. I recall reading that somewhere. If that's true I can't even imagine how much that would suck. Sega should just hire these bozos back so they can make the game for the PS4 using regular controllers.