OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Race is on B1tches! - How many have you cleared?

Started by Sinistron, 04/04/2009, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbapalyer

@Esteban: but now is the time to take a break from pc engine. i started playing some snes rpgs at the moment. :) but i still have 18 pce rpgs left. i bought a lot in japan this august.
Currently playing:   (Started  . Feb. 2013)

esteban

Quote from: gbapalyer on 09/15/2013, 07:59 AM@Esteban: but now is the time to take a break from pc engine. i started playing some snes rpgs at the moment. :) but i still have 18 pce rpgs left. i bought a lot in japan this august.
For perspective: I'm still trying to finish Shinobi on SMS, something i haven't done for 20+ years.  :pcgs:

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

RoyVegas

All is well. :)

shubibiman

Quote from: guest on 09/16/2013, 10:52 AM
Quote from: shubibiman on 09/14/2013, 07:32 PMhttp://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/35/stats.htm

Still 206 to go.  [-X
Pics or it didn't happen.  :P
I've been playing PCE games for 22 years now, so I cleared many of my games a long time ago, at a time when there was no digital camera. For all the games I've cleared since 2006, I could take pics of their ending screens. You just have to check this thread to see some of my latest achievements.

I have pics for the ending screen of games such as Aldynes, Violent Soldier, L-Dis, Raiden, NEXZR and many RPG's. I have nothing to prove.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Ray

Phenomenal game. Probably going for PC Genjin/Bonk 1/2 next.

/2j4ubee.jpg

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Ray on 09/17/2013, 10:10 AMPhenomenal game. Probably going for PC Genjin/Bonk 1/2 next.
/2j4ubee.jpg
Great first post!!
Sign up over at http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/36/home.htm if you want to keep track of your collection and the games you've cleared

Bardoly

Quote from: RoyVegas on 09/16/2013, 04:32 PMRaiden Complete -

IMG
Well!  Crongratulations!  My sister will be jealous inspired to keep on.

Now you just need to beat Super Raiden.  I'm sure those extra two levels will be a breeze.   :-"

shubibiman

I know that but I don't think Adol registered to PCEFX. At least, he's not a regular poster.
I just wanted to remind NecroPhile that GBAplayer was far from many other PCE players ;)

NecroPhile

Quote from: shubibiman on 09/20/2013, 05:28 AMI just wanted to remind NecroPhile that GBAplayer was far from many other PCE players ;)
You mean esty?  I made no comments about GBA, though I gotta say he's eating up RPGs like they're Skittles.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

shubibiman

Bardoly

Quote from: guest on 09/20/2013, 09:27 AMYou mean esty?  I made no comments about GBA, though I gotta say he's eating up RPGs like they're Skittles.
That's for sure, maybe I should try to race him to see who can clear 100 TG-16/PC Engine games first.   :P  Although, I must say that I'll be playing more English-friendly games than he is.  I'm up to around 35 or so, I believe, so we're close for now.

PunkCryborg

I wish the stats screen listed more than the top 10 clears

PunkCryborg

clear #31 Minesweeper
Beat the regular game all levels and Cook's Adventure

/7u6d.jpg

Bardoly

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/21/2013, 10:08 PMclear #31 Minesweeper
Beat the regular game all levels and Cook's Adventure
Nice!
I beat about a third of the regular levels, and had a blast with try to beat the cook's challenge, but haven't had the time to get back to this game.  For the cook's challenge, do you need to collect everything, or just find the exit?  I've done neither yet.   ](*,)

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Bardoly on 09/21/2013, 11:00 PMNice!
I beat about a third of the regular levels, and had a blast with try to beat the cook's challenge, but haven't had the time to get back to this game.  For the cook's challenge, do you need to collect everything, or just find the exit?  I've done neither yet.   ](*,)
You have to just collect all 5 gems before the rock hits cook. It was a pita to memorize all the routes and probably wasn't worth my time :D

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/21/2013, 11:45 PM
Quote from: Bardoly on 09/21/2013, 11:00 PMNice!
You have to just collect all 5 gems before the rock hits cook. It was a pita to memorize all the routes and probably wasn't worth my time :D
IT WAS WORTH IT.

gbapalyer

@bardoly: but remember i was Clearing only rpgs so far. they took much longer than other Genres. and iam having a break now from PCE games. playing super famicom/super nintendo games at the Moment (recently cleared heracles no eikou 3). next is burning heroes.

maybe i will come back to PCE after that one. there are still like 12 rpgs left to clear for PCE.

Bardoly

Quote from: gbapalyer on 09/22/2013, 02:33 PM@bardoly: but remember i was Clearing only rpgs so far. they took much longer than other Genres. and iam having a break now from PCE games. playing super famicom/super nintendo games at the Moment (recently cleared heracles no eikou 3). next is burning heroes.

maybe i will come back to PCE after that one. there are still like 12 rpgs left to clear for PCE.
Yes, I'm looking forward to hearing that you've cleared all of the PC Engine RPGs.  I don't even know how many there are, but I assume there are 75-100 or so?  I only wish that I could aspire to your heights of 'playing-RPGs-in-a-language-that-I-don't-understand'.   #-o  Currently, I can mostly only handle the shoot-'em-ups, platformers, action RPGs with little Japanese like Fray, and a few of the digital comics, so if you ever start on those, then I'll have no chance to keep up with you.   ](*,)

gbapalyer

@bardoly: i also have a large collection of shmups and i really like the genre, but iam not very good at those. ^^

PunkCryborg

I achieved my 32nd clear while the forum was down, Spriggan 1cc! What an awesome game man I just can't believe this is just a regular cd rom game. 10/10

/d0n2.jpg

turboswimbz

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/27/2013, 08:51 PMI achieved my 32nd clear while the forum was down, Spriggan 1cc! What an awesome game man I just can't believe this is just a regular cd rom game. 10/10
/d0n2.jpg
BEST USE OF MECH EVAR!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

PunkCryborg

Clear #33 Lords of Thunder
What can I say, this game freaking rocks!! We all know that already though.
While everyone else in the world was watching the season finale of Breaking Bad I was playing my Pc Engine :D
/n2w2.jpg

PunkCryborg

Clear #34 Bloody Wolf
That last boss was a little bastard
/w7li.jpg

shubibiman

Congrats on this one. I never managed to beat that SOAB.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: shubibiman on 10/01/2013, 02:11 AMCongrats on this one. I never managed to beat that SOAB.
It took me a bunch of tries and my thumb was hurting so I had to take a break. The bosses first move is that circle he does around you and I think that's the key to beating it. If you can beat the first part without getting hit you should be able to beat him. The pattern for the first move is a lot easier to memorize than the second part so just focus on the pattern for the first part and try to spin around and beat it quickly.
The second part where he has all the shadows also has a bit of a pattern and you can get a couple really good hits right at the beginning where his first attack he goes straight across the bottom, if you start on the lower left side you can knife him a couple times and shoot him all the way across the screen. If you pull that off then you can knock his second form lifebar almost in half.

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/01/2013, 11:06 AM
Quote from: shubibiman on 10/01/2013, 02:11 AMCongrats on this one. I never managed to beat that SOAB.
It took me a bunch of tries and my thumb was hurting so I had to take a break. The bosses first move is that circle he does around you and I think that's the key to beating it. If you can beat the first part without getting hit you should be able to beat him. The pattern for the first move is a lot easier to memorize than the second part so just focus on the pattern for the first part and try to spin around and beat it quickly.
The second part where he has all the shadows also has a bit of a pattern and you can get a couple really good hits right at the beginning where his first attack he goes straight across the bottom, if you start on the lower left side you can knife him a couple times and shoot him all the way across the screen. If you pull that off then you can knock his second form lifebar almost in half.
Now it's time for you to beat BW 2 and BW 3...IN ONE SITTING (I allowed myself breaks...Le Lunch, Le pottee)...

Join the small club (not that it's difficult, it's just that folks move on to other games). I forget who did it besides me...maybe an old thread has the crazy tales (it may have been a different forum).  

Blazing Lazers on "God of Game" mode is much scarier than anything Bloody Wolf offers, though.  :pcgs:

PunkCryborg

#35 Kabuki Itoryoudan
Awesome game! The only thing I didn't like were the special moves for most characters were too hard to pull off so you just end up spamming the opponent with a special and a low kick in a loop till they die. Great cinematics, music and animation though. Fun game!

/0q1n.jpg

shubibiman

I thought on the contrary that the gameplay was very street-fighter-2-like so the special moves were easy to pull off. The real flaw of this game to me is the lack of characters. 8 to choose from is a little too few.

esteban

Bloody Wolf 2 & 3: Who will join my club? You can beat these versions of the game. Post pics when you do.

That is all.  :pcgs:

PunkCryborg

Haven't had much time to play lately :(
Tonight I got clear #36 Psychic Storm :)

/6yiz.jpg

This one is just too easy.... Once you are powered up you pretty much just breeze through every level.

/5gue.jpg

The artwork and mechanics are nice but there really is little to no challenge. Would have been a lot better if the enemies had more interesting or unpredictable patterns and your ship was faster.
6/10

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 11/23/2013, 01:17 AMHaven't had much time to play lately :(

Tonight I got clear #36 Psychic Storm :)

This one is just too easy.... Once you are powered up you pretty much just breeze through every level.

The artwork and mechanics are nice but there really is little to no challenge. Would have been a lot better if the enemies had more interesting or unpredictable patterns and your ship was faster.
6/10
This game had potential to be pretty neat.

I suppose it is OK for folks who only dabble with shoot-em-ups, but I'm still surprised the challenge didn't ramp up...

elnino

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 11/23/2013, 01:17 AMTonight I got clear #36 Psychic Storm :)
(...)
The artwork and mechanics are nice but there really is little to no challenge.
If you use the blue ship with the laser then it's really pretty easy as soon as you get some power-ups. However, I found it quite challenging with any of the other ships, especially the green one with this phallus-like sword sticking out of the front which is probably one of the worst weapons ever (no obeying here).
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

PunkCryborg

Quote from: elnino on 11/26/2013, 10:53 AM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 11/23/2013, 01:17 AMTonight I got clear #36 Psychic Storm :)
(...)
I actually might replay it with that one, I haven't seen his weapon fully powered up yet. The last boss though didn't even shoot me once. It's just too weird. When it's on manual too you can just save your transformation for the bosses, might be a bit more challenging if it's set to automatic.l

If you use the blue ship with the laser then it's really pretty easy as soon as you get some power-ups. However, I found it quite challenging with any of the other ships, especially the green one with this phallus-like sword sticking out of the front which is probably one of the worst weapons ever (no obeying here).

elnino

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 11/26/2013, 12:24 PM
Quote from: elnino on 11/26/2013, 10:53 AM
(...)
I actually might replay it with that one, I haven't seen his weapon fully powered up yet. The last boss though didn't even shoot me once. It's just too weird. When it's on manual too you can just save your transformation for the bosses, might be a bit more challenging if it's set to automatic.l
If you set the transformation to automatic, you morph whenever your lifebar decreases to the danger level. Since that almost never happens except for the boss battles (at least for me), it's basically the same as playing with manual transformation and saving them for the bosses.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

gbapalyer

i´ll be back soon. ;)

hope you missed me? ^^

roflmao

PukeSter

Never replied before, but here's a quickie list of my clears.

legendary axe
bonk's adventure
side arms
sonson ii
aero blasters
street fighter ii
fatal fury special
strider
galaga 88
jackie chan
gradius
parodius
salamander
legend of tonma
vigilante
parasol stars
bomberman 93
ninja spirit
fantasy zone
new adventure island
samurai ghost
splatterhouse

Yes, yes, there are still many more games I must beat. :D

munchiaz

I have a long way to catch up to you guys. Almost ashamed.

#9 Ys III - Really fun game. Great music, good gameplay, bad,but good voice acting. It was also pretty easy as well 

IMG

PunkCryborg

Nice one Munchiaz, ever figure out what the necklace did??  :lol:

Clear #37 Cotton!!!!
This is one I feel really good about. I popped this game in a couple times and didn't understand how to play it but once I got some pointers I picked it up quickly. This game has the perfect learning curve and the difficulty scale is gradual and challenging. Every time I played I got a little further and further until I finally beat it on 1cc and got to stage 3 of the second loop. The second loop is very hard though because if you loose your faeries and you go down to the pea shooter it's nearly possible to kill enemies and get back to powered up. Enemies take a lot more to kill especially the bosses.
This was a totally awesome game and has become one of my top 10 pce game. I really encourage everyone who has this and not spent much time with it to give it some more practice. This is one of the most enjoyable shooters and is on par with Lords of Thunder.
link to score
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?msg=325646
/n3sy.jpg

gbapalyer

nice one punkic. :)
i also own Cotton on PCE but i never played it. i know the Neo Geo Pocket Color Version which i liked a lot.
guess i have to try the PCE Version soon.

munchiaz

Yeah @punkic, i found out what the necklace did. Came in handy during the last battle. Nice one with Cotton. I think i have gotten to stage 5 in that one. Its pretty challenging

PukeSter

Great job Punkic!

Cotton was a very enjoyable clear for me. Would like to own it again someday.

esteban

I thought I'd be fine without Cotton in my life.

But now I'm reading all this intriguing stuff about the series in general...I suppose I was wrong for discounting the series.

I can't even remember if I traded the PCE game for something else years back. I remember getting pretty damn far, but I know I never beat it.

It will be an XMAS miracle if I can dig it out tonight.

SuperPlay

#24 Jim Power

Not sure if I should admit to clearing this one ;-) LOL  The game-play reminds me of Shadow of the Beast!

/x1ov.jpg

PunkCryborg

#38 Gomola Speed
Got this one for secret santa from Arkhan. This is one of the best presents EVER cause this game is so freaking good. Thanks so much man!
I was instantly hooked when I started playing it. I have been on a UPL kick lately and never really looked into this one. I love puzzle/action games like this. The levels are fast and fun and not too frustrating but not too easy either. The graphics and animation is buttery smooth, the sound affects and music is excellent for a hu card the gameplay is fun and exciting.
I really like the style of everything, very Irem rtype/x multiply era and Geiger-esque.
I'm going to give this one a 9/10 because at 25 levels it's a bit short for a puzzle game but other than that I don't think there is anything they could have added to this one to make it better.
Underdog hu card of the year for me and a totally awesome game to end 2013 with.
/8yg5.jpg

esteban

Gomola Speed /pcds.png

Quote from: SuperPlay on 12/30/2013, 05:57 PM#24 Jim Power

Not sure if I should admit to clearing this one ;-) LOL  The game-play reminds me of Shadow of the Beast!

/x1ov.jpg
I remember getting frustrated in this game...I never beat it. Now I have to beat it simply for that awesome portrait of Jim "Euro" Power and his Lady.  /pcgs.png

SuperPlay

#25 Ys III: Wanderers from Ys

Another one cleared :-)  Took roughly around 7hrs

/6a53.jpg

roflmao

Quote from: SuperPlay on 01/03/2014, 10:07 AM#25 Ys III: Wanderers from Ys

Another one cleared :-)  Took roughly around 7hrs
Awesome.  I think I'm going to have to start mine over.  I have a save right at the end where I've beaten the first boss, but I wasted all my goodies on him and have such low health that I just can't beat the second one.  And I can't seem to get out of the maze to go back to town to restock.  Soooo close.