RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Shoutbox

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 07/03/2017, 01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xcrement5x

This strikes me as right up Arkhan's ally.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gredler

ClodBusted

Cha la, head cha la.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ClodBusted

Lame shoutbox is lame.

ClodBusted

Oh fuck I desperately need to take a dump, but home is still 10 minutes away. Wish me luck, guys.

Gredler

poop into a plastic bag, wipe with your tshirt and put that into the plastic bag, and throw the bag out of the window.

or stop at a facility, whatever's more convenient.

ClodBusted

Finish line in sight.

ClodBusted

The eagle has landed.

Arkhan Asylum

its landed on the tip of my peener
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ClodBusted

I didn't know you liked that, but that's ok. I however will get myself some beer and celebrate friday night.

seieienbu

Injustice 2 sucks.  It keeps deciding that it doesn't have DLC characters that are already paid for and downloaded.  Then sometimes it decides you can't re-download them because you haven't paid for them.  Then sometimes it starts working again.

Maybe it's modern games that suck?  Whatever.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Gredler

There have been some great DLCs, and some great games with little to no DLC, this year that came out. It's all over the place, and they're trying to figure out how to best make games profitable; I think we're lucky that some content is optional and they just haven't raised game prices with inflation and cost of production. Games used to cost a fraction of what they cost to make now, and sold for more at retail, pre-inflation. In some instances it's abused or done poorly ( look at battlefront 2... weird) but in some implementations it's rad ( I am really enjoying the Zelda BotW DLC right now)

JAPJAC

JAPJAC`s TFP Fanitsu Capcom Power System CHANGER Definitive Resource is the first extensive and only competent expose in English on-line is here!:

(Under the TFP Features section):

http://www.japjac.proboards.com/
sig-top.jpg
JAPJAC - "A leading pioneer and expert in the field of Japanese videogame playing, studying & collecting in the U.K. since day one" © 2001. Japan resident & TFP founder.
sig-bot.jpg

turboswimbz

Left in the Dark.

Wrecked.

Obey only the PC Engine.

:!:
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Gredler

Do you guys like to party? I like to party.

ClodBusted

I don't know what to say, so I'll just leave this totally irrelevant post here.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gredler on 12/14/2017, 01:25 PMDo you guys like to party? I like to party.
No pants party?  :dance:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gredler

Pants off, dance off

turboswimbz

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Gredler

I'm glad someone here gets me <3

seieienbu

Turboswimbz does because he's the guy who likes to party.

Gredler

You can't say that, I'm the one who likes to party. My name is Gredler, and I like to party.

ClodBusted

I wonder what's the deal with ashrion's obsession about feces? Rarely you see a post written by him not containing the "shit" word.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: guest on 12/15/2017, 02:30 AMI wonder what's the deal with ashrion's obsession about feces? Rarely you see a post written by him not containing the "shit" word.
I don't know but I think we all agree that "Sega cd is only a big shit". :P
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

ClodBusted

LostFlunky

...and I'm the stuntman.

ClodBusted

Just found this in the forum rules:

QuoteLanguage
Sexual, racial, or ethnic slurs will not be tolerated in any form and are bannable on the first offense.  We also recommend that cursing be held to a minimum, as it does not promote civil conversation.  Foul language in the form of insults directed towards other forum members may result in a ban.
> Example violations (including, but not limited to): Referring Japanese people as "Japs".  If you want to talk about the Japanese, then spell it out completely.
Source:
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=67.msg84694#msg84694

I wonder if Japjac's* nickname is referring to something-japanese? Naaaah, I bet it does stand for "John Alfred Prestwich's Journal of Ancient Civilizations". Must be, for sure!

*(Leading pioneer ™ and expert in the field of Japanese videogame playing ℗, studying & collecting in the U.K. since day one' © 2001. Japan resident & TFP founder.)`s Capcom Power System CHANGER - Definitive Resource.

Patent pending.

Psycho Punch

I always found the Jap rule to be dumb. A word doesn't necessarily have only one meaning even if one of those meanings is very offensive. Now, the english language's word (pardon me for writing it) nigger is very strong and racially charged but that's mostly because it doesn't see much use elsewhere outside of a slur meant to offend, when in Portuguese the words "negro" (lit. dark) and "preto" (lit. black) can be used as a racial slur, but since "preto" is also the only word for "black" it doesn't carry that much weight and no one freaks out if you say "Pintei meu carro de preto" or something like that, much like "negro" which is ALSO used as a neutral term for "african descent" (ie.: you are a n--r ≠ você é negro).

Context is everything. It's quite obvious that the "JAP" in JAPJAC isn't meant to convey the same meaning as the phrase "bomb the japs" or something like that. I know that nowadays no one abbreviates Japan like that (usually "JP" or "JPN" is used) but faking outrage for something clearly not meant to be malicious doesn't get us anywhere.

Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

ClodBusted

Sounds convincing. Thank you.

seieienbu

I was just thinking about it, and the only scene from Hot Rod that I remember is that "I like to party" scene.

As for the abbreviation of stuff from Japan?  For whatever dumb reason I write ".jp" like in a web address.  A usage example could be "I'm looking for the .jp version of Kieth Courage" or something like that.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 12/18/2017, 09:40 AMI always found the Jap rule to be dumb. A word doesn't necessarily have only one meaning even if one of those meanings is very offensive. Now, the english language's word (pardon me for writing it) nigger is very strong and racially charged but that's mostly because it doesn't see much use elsewhere outside of a slur meant to offend, when in Portuguese the words "negro" (lit. dark) and "preto" (lit. black) can be used as a racial slur, but since "preto" is also the only word for "black" it doesn't carry that much weight and no one freaks out if you say "Pintei meu carro de preto" or something like that, much like "negro" which is ALSO used as a neutral term for "african descent" (ie.: you are a n--r ≠ você é negro).

Context is everything. It's quite obvious that the "JAP" in JAPJAC isn't meant to convey the same meaning as the phrase "bomb the japs" or something like that. I know that nowadays no one abbreviates Japan like that (usually "JP" or "JPN" is used) but faking outrage for something clearly not meant to be malicious doesn't get us anywhere.

That would mean I could register the name niggernagger and be like "what, its cool, its only racist if I mean it".

Jap was used in the same manner as the n-word, and it's a bit doofy to use it.   In what context was Jap used in a non-derogatory way?   There is a reason games put JPN if it's only got room for 3 letters like in Baseball and shit. 

lol imagine if there was a game where its like JAP and NIG and youre like oh shit I'm playing Japan vs. Africa but it's ok they didn't mean anything by it.

This place by my house had this sign that said JAP MAPLES 50$, and its like guys, can you really not fit an A and an N?

fuck.

seieienbu

For realz though, how were the maples?  Sturdy?  Did they take to the soil?

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/20/2017, 09:00 PM
Quote from: Psycho Punch on 12/18/2017, 09:40 AMI always found the Jap rule to be dumb. A word doesn't necessarily have only one meaning even if one of those meanings is very offensive. Now, the english language's word (pardon me for writing it) nigger is very strong and racially charged but that's mostly because it doesn't see much use elsewhere outside of a slur meant to offend, when in Portuguese the words "negro" (lit. dark) and "preto" (lit. black) can be used as a racial slur, but since "preto" is also the only word for "black" it doesn't carry that much weight and no one freaks out if you say "Pintei meu carro de preto" or something like that, much like "negro" which is ALSO used as a neutral term for "african descent" (ie.: you are a n--r ≠ você é negro).

That would mean I could register the name niggernagger and be like "what, its cool, its only racist if I mean it".

Jap was used in the same manner as the n-word, and it's a bit doofy to use it.   In what context was Jap used in a non-derogatory way?   There is a reason games put JPN if it's only got room for 3 letters like in Baseball and shit. 

lol imagine if there was a game where its like JAP and NIG and youre like oh shit I'm playing Japan vs. Africa but it's ok they didn't mean anything by it.

This place by my house had this sign that said JAP MAPLES 50$, and its like guys, can you really not fit an A and an N?

fuck.
Yeah, I guess I'm rationalizing my biases too much. You're right.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com

Arkhan Asylum

lol are Japanese Maples Japnadian?

ayyyyyy

turboswimbz

What up :?:

Whatcha all playing :?:  I know at least some of you east coasters are snowed in playing some games.

ClodBusted

My better half is playing Twilight Princess, while I'm playing Repair-That-Duo.

turboswimbz

I will be playing the DUO games soon myself.  well, whomever I send it to will be haha.

Arkhan Asylum

I HAVE A BELLYBUTTON

turboswimbz

Can I have some of the lint. I want to put it in a plastic box with my copy of inferno.  I will grade of course. don't worry I will play on my $150 repo of the game.

ClodBusted

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 01/05/2018, 01:33 AMI HAVE A BELLYBUTTON
My bellybutton is bigger than yours. And it WORKS.

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ClodBusted

Robot bike, don't fail me now!

ClodBusted

LOOK OUT HERE COMES THE CUM TRUCK

Edit: Seriously though, when I read Arkhan's posts, I often have to think of the Yelling Bird.

Gredler

You make a good point, I could easily see this being said by ark,

"GLUED A BUNCH OF GEARS TO MY COCK SO I CAN FUCK YOU STEAMPUNK STYLE"

turboswimbz

Screw fighting street lets just turn FS into SHOUT BOX

ClodBusted

Quote from: Gredler on 01/09/2018, 02:24 PMYou make a good point, I could easily see this being said by ark,

"GLUED A BUNCH OF GEARS TO MY COCK SO I CAN FUCK YOU STEAMPUNK STYLE"
I want him to do this, take pics and use them to intimate new PCEFX members via PM.

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2018, 04:47 PMI want him to do this, take pics and use them to intimate new PCEFX members via PM.
cock-work-orange is nothing if not intimate

ClodBusted

Bwahahaha!

EDIT: I meant intimidate, but I leave that post as it is for the lulz.