10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostFlunky

Quote from: gynt on 03/10/2017, 08:07 AMwell this is legal...

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/122390537940
The worst thing about that to me is:

Shipping:
$17.35 International Priority Shipping to Canada  via the Global Shipping Program

Just throw a fucking stamp on it!

CrackTiger

That's not even the final price of the GSP scam. The higher the bid the higher they charge and even if you BIN, it often adds an additional pricey charge. I don't know how Revenue Canada hasn't charged eBay with fraud yet.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NoSexGex

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 03/10/2017, 08:54 AMShipping:
$17.35 International Priority Shipping to Canada  via the Global Shipping Program

Just throw a fucking stamp on it!
Canadian shipping on Ebay is just laughable. I save money by having my friends intercept parcels from the states, and just forward it to me lol. So it gets shipped twice and it's still somehow cheaper
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

bob

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

Removed by the seller lol. What was it?

bob

xcrement5x

TheClash603

bob

basically just the disc.  Only a couple scratches.  $800, but make an offer!

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/122399224900

Gypsy

Quote from: gynt on 03/15/2017, 09:44 PMbasically just the disc.  Only a couple scratches.  $800, but make an offer!

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/122399224900
Well they are considering all offers. So maybe if you offer a dollar...... :dance:

NecroPhile

Why would anyone reprint the US manual but JP back insert for a US game?  I guess he couldn't find a scan for the US back.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bob

Quote from: guest on 03/16/2017, 09:46 AMWhy would anyone reprint the US manual but JP back insert for a US game?  I guess he couldn't find a scan for the US back.
well, look at the user name.

sirhcman

Quote from: gynt on 03/16/2017, 09:56 AMwell, look at the user name.
I know many NES collectors who are not like that!

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 03/16/2017, 09:59 AM
[/quote

Do you know any that understand how to properly use quotes?  :P

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 03/16/2017, 10:19 AM
Quote from: guest on 03/16/2017, 09:59 AM
[/quote

Do you know any that understand how to properly use quotes?  :P
[/quote

No

xcrement5x

Not Turbob but this listing is ridiculous:
www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-5200-System-Console-Complete-in-Box-Tested-Working-MUST-READ-DESCRIPTION-/152470078706

QuoteWriting this description causes me GREAT pain because when I was testing the system (which was brand new), I dropped it, shattering the plastic that holds the controllers as well as the front plate (see pics). The system was PRISTINE, still having the brand new scratch protector film (the pink thingys) in tact on one controller and the console. Despite having broken those two pieces, which can be replaced from parts from another console, the system works great and is otherwise in near-mint condition. I still believe this is one of the nicest 5200's I've ever seen, and to anyone that has a spare system to replaces those busted pieces, it'll be a perfect addition to their collection.
Price tag, a mere $400 as of posting. 

bob

Quote from: guest on 03/21/2017, 04:53 PMNot Turbob but this listing is ridiculous:
www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-5200-System-Console-Complete-in-Box-Tested-Working-MUST-READ-DESCRIPTION-/152470078706

QuoteWriting this description causes me GREAT pain because when I was testing the system (which was brand new), I dropped it, shattering the plastic that holds the controllers as well as the front plate (see pics). The system was PRISTINE, still having the brand new scratch protector film (the pink thingys) in tact on one controller and the console. Despite having broken those two pieces, which can be replaced from parts from another console, the system works great and is otherwise in near-mint condition. I still believe this is one of the nicest 5200's I've ever seen, and to anyone that has a spare system to replaces those busted pieces, it'll be a perfect addition to their collection.
Price tag, a mere $400 as of posting.
awesome ebay user name too.  so fitting.

GoldenWheels

Yep, you can find those two broken pieces (though one of either, if not both, is broken on virtually every other 5200 as well) after paying 400$ for the one butterfingers dropped, or you can just buy a decent one for far less in the first place.

Jesus.

esadajr

Collectard drops console, wants to flip it so he can get another one in pristine condition.
Gaming since 1985

Mathius

Quote from: esadajr on 03/22/2017, 10:33 AMCollectard drops console, wants to flip it so he can get another one in pristine condition.
Probably not too far off.

Alt-Nintega

why do all of you sugarcoat dissapointments?

GoldenWheels

mitsuman

I want that! Not bad enough to drop $1,500. But maybe if it was around $100, and it worked. That Nissan Pulsar GTi-R Rally Car body is awesome!

LostFlunky

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 03/24/2017, 02:11 PMNot sure if this was mentioned already, I've seen it up a couple times recently.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tomy-Intruder-1-10-Rally-TTI-Turbo-Grafx-Johnny-Turbo-used-at-events-to-promote-/182501010389?hash=item2a7de86bd5:g:x5EAAOSwdGFYpiNB

Who lists a car without listing the mileage?
That dude's feedback (both received and left for others) is shit!  He has left 7 negatives of 21 feedback left for others.. . I wouldn't buy from him and I wouldn't sell to him either...

GoldenWheels

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 03/24/2017, 04:41 PMThat dude's feedback (both received and left for others) is shit!  He has left 7 negatives of 21 feedback left for others.. . I wouldn't buy from him and I wouldn't sell to him either...
But the BIN is only 5k! BARGAIN!!!!!1

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: geise on 03/01/2017, 09:09 PM
Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 03/01/2017, 08:53 PM
Quote from: mitsuman on 03/01/2017, 02:48 PM
Quote from: gynt on 03/01/2017, 01:52 PMpathetic.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/172556122922
And another example of an idiot seller charging for shipping when the price of the game is ridiculously exaggerated.
I don't know what world you are you living in these days son, but 100 bucks for turbo games are normal prices. Stop complaining like a little girl.
*looks at post count*

*wonders when he got into turbo*
post count is determining factor how long someone has been playing NEC consoles?

Do yourself a favor, go fuck yourself.

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: geise on 03/02/2017, 07:39 PMBTW most of us here are collectards to some degree, we love and play our games and we worry about condition and boxes. A lot.
This is what this idiot actually meant to say.

NoSexGex

For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

CrackTiger

Quote from: NoSexGex on 03/31/2017, 01:38 PMhttp://www.ebay.ca/itm/Turbo-Grafx-PC-Engine-Arcade-System-United-Amusements-JAMMA-Kit-Paper-/122423278737?hash=item1c80fefc91:g:2lgAAOSwuxFY3dsO

Does anyone know what this is?? Obviously it's something to do with arcades, but i'm not too familiar with pieces like this
Looks like a PC Engine ready to plug into a jamma cabinet.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

NoSexGex

Ahh interesting piece, thanks for the link

esteban

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

bob

um, wow.
read description... a 121-in-1 cd of hucards will also be listed. 

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/272613634501

GoldenWheels

This thing I guess:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Duo-Super-HuCard-Best-Hits-Bundle-121-Games-Legendary-Axe-With-Others-/272613645045?hash=item3f790a1af5:g:2pMAAOSwB-1Y30Xx

"This is sorta a best of its 121 games on one disc. This was a home made reproduction and I would pass along a list of games but you'll see even the guy who made it put football for fhfxyfc etc in Japanese if it's football etc. You won't be disappointed. Message me with any further questions."

I wasn't aware something like this could even work (to be fair, there is a lot I am unaware of)?

Psycho Punch

Seems like a copy of Super HuCard... which has a message on boot warning about overpriced "reproduction" discs.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 04/01/2017, 09:25 AMThis thing I guess:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Duo-Super-HuCard-Best-Hits-Bundle-121-Games-Legendary-Axe-With-Others-/272613645045?hash=item3f790a1af5:g:2pMAAOSwB-1Y30Xx

"This is sorta a best of its 121 games on one disc. This was a home made reproduction and I would pass along a list of games but you'll see even the guy who made it put football for fhfxyfc etc in Japanese if it's football etc. You won't be disappointed. Message me with any further questions."

I wasn't aware something like this could even work (to be fair, there is a lot I am unaware of)?
I wasn't too familiar with this either BITD (I never used it and I didn't follow any discussions about it when it was being developed), but it was an example of an early "proof of concept" by one of our own tech gurus.

This project stopped because it was just a proof of concept and each ROM had to be manually configured (coding skills required).

Somebody will punch me for not remembering who implemented the idea (Bonknuts?), but it basically comes down to this:

A few CD-ROM games boot up HuCARD ROMs (Neo Nectaris can boot Nectaris, the 3-in-1/4-in-1 Gate of Thunder can boot Bonk 1 & 2 & Bomberman)...so, if you manually configure a HuCARD's ROM to run at specific memory addresses (and no unorthodox techniques/mappers are being used by the HuCARD ROM), you can get some games working.

The caveat is that this requires programming skills, each game must be manually configured to work, and not all HuCARD ROMs are viable candidates.

For example, I don't think SFII' (mappers) would work on this without extensive coding.

LostFlunky

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 04/01/2017, 09:25 AMThis thing I guess:

Fuckin dickwad got his first CD burner in 2017...

xcrement5x

Half of what that guy is selling are repros.  He's selling a crappy Drac X CDR for $45 as well, wtf.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 04/01/2017, 03:18 PMHalf of what that guy is selling are repros.  He's selling a crappy Drac X CDR for $45 as well, wtf.
And ebay is too greedy to care.  :roll:

Gypsy

Quote from: Mathius on 04/01/2017, 06:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/01/2017, 03:18 PMHalf of what that guy is selling are repros.  He's selling a crappy Drac X CDR for $45 as well, wtf.
And ebay is too greedy to care.  :roll:
Yeah pretty much. I used to report this crap, but Ebay did nothing so I don't bother anymore.

bob

i sent him a very polite "you probably shouldn't be selling these".
i got three rapid fire responses from him.  will post them in a bit when i am not on my phone.

Dicer

Gypsy

Quote from: gynt on 04/01/2017, 08:42 PMi sent him a very polite "you probably shouldn't be selling these".
i got three rapid fire responses from him.  will post them in a bit when i am not on my phone.
I bet this went well.

bob

Quote from: Gypsy on 04/01/2017, 10:15 PM
Quote from: gynt on 04/01/2017, 08:42 PMi sent him a very polite "you probably shouldn't be selling these".
I bet this went well.
I wrote:
You probably shouldn't be selling these.

Response 1:
I'll take it down if you really think I'm being evil but not everyone has the ability to get these games from the internet and I've had several people thank me so much. Do you think I'm being evil? What about the people that can't do this for themselves and honestly thank me over and over? Will you consider their perspective? If you really think I'm being evil I'll take it down?

Response 2:
Hey, I wasn t trying to be an asshole or smartass, I really wanted your honest opinion. I ve got a great friend I met from on here and we are great friends, and my hand to GOD I asked him earlier if he wanted me to teach him how to do it and he said no I d rather pay you I know how hard that stuff can be and I always get frustrated and pull my hair out. And FYI I send all of my customers free games and DVD movies about video games totally out of the blue. I promise you it s not entirely money based. I really genuinely try to help people enjoy these games for fractions of the cost. Like Keio for Sega cd, it s over a 1000$ on eBay, so most people will never get to play that game. Believe it or not I genuinely care about other people but I ll give you my word, if you honestly think I m wrong after hearing my side of the story. I ll take it down right now. Will you answer as honestly as possible and give me your opinion after speaking to me?

Response 3:
You collect for the Duo? I m in a such a good mood today I ll send you a package. Seriously GOD did some amazing stuff last night for me. Send me your address and I ll mail you out a package today. I really am one good guys bro. Send me your name and address and if you collect for Duo, Sega cd, and Dreamcast, but you gotta hurry if you want me to ship today. Other than that it ll be Monday

I have not responded to him yet.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: gynt on 04/01/2017, 11:12 PM"...and my hand to GOD.."

"Seriously GOD did some amazing stuff last night for me."
The fact that he brings up God is a dead giveaway that he knows he's a piece of shit for doing this and is desperate for positive attention that says otherwise.

Tell him you spoke to God and he's definitely going to Hell.

Hah.
IMG

Emerald Rocker

The proper reply is one sentence:

"Yes, I genuinely think it is wrong."

If he's a man of his word, then he'll take down the listing :)
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

seieienbu

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 04/02/2017, 12:31 AMThe proper reply is one sentence:

"Yes, I genuinely think it is wrong."

If he's a man of his word, then he'll take down the listing :)
Follow that with "See Romans 13:1" if you want to argue his point about god.  If he wants to bring religion into why it's okay to pirate games, then you might as well quote some scripture at him.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93