Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloufo

xcrement5x

Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

mitsuman

You can finance it...just let that sink in.

bob

CrackTiger

Quote from: gynt on 02/28/2017, 12:26 PMtha fuh?

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/292040969040
Maybe it's just the terrible quality of the photos, but that really looks like a poor shrinkwrap job and not factory celophane on that game which is not Neutopia II.

So anything could be inside the case, from nothing to even Neutopia II.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

mitsuman

Quote from: guest on 02/28/2017, 01:45 PMSo anything could be inside the case, from nothing to even Neutopia II.
IMG

ChuChu Flamingo

LostFlunky

Quote from: ChuChu Flamingo on 02/28/2017, 04:00 PMI wonder what happened to the box.
I tried to ask the seller and for some reason I can't... 

Maybe an EB Games re-shrink...

Seller has a lot of feedback for DVDs and such, probably doesn't realize that is not how TG games were sold. 

If it was sold like that it would have a bar code...

bob

bob

mitsuman

Quote from: gynt on 03/01/2017, 01:52 PMpathetic.

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/172556122922
And another example of an idiot seller charging for shipping when the price of the game is ridiculously exaggerated.

ChuChu Flamingo

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: mitsuman on 03/01/2017, 02:48 PM

And another example of an idiot seller charging for shipping when the price of the game is ridiculously exaggerated.
I don't know what world you are you living in these days son, but 100 bucks for turbo games are normal prices. Stop complaining like a little girl.

geise

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 03/01/2017, 08:53 PM

I don't know what world you are you living in these days son, but 100 bucks for turbo games are normal prices. Stop complaining like a little girl.
*looks at post count*

*wonders when he got into turbo*

CrackTiger

MisterCrash

Honestly, these days, the game is often the cheapest component of a package. In looking for a copy of a rare Super Famicom game, I came across a seller who had three copies available. The game by itself was £219, the game with the box was £789, and the game with the box and manual was £1199.

The logic seems to be that the box is more easily lost or damaged, so it is rarer and therefore more valuable. I'm not saying I agree with it, but that's what the market says. In the Turbo world, a loose Magical Chase was sold on eBay a few weeks ago for just under $1500. A complete copy sold a little after that for $5600.

bob

isnt it it great this guy found our hobby and signed up here not too long ago?

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/182473243472

Quote from: jonebone on 06/29/2016, 08:42 AMHey there, I'm new to the forum but I've been actively collecting video games since 2008, born in 1984.  Never had any experience with a Turbo (other than a vague memory from a friend of a friend, somewhere around age 5/6) so I wanted to collect something different and TG16 seems intriguing.  Figured this would be a good place to join!

mitsuman

I can't think of a single TG16/PCE game I would pay $100 for.

jonebone

Sold, paid for and shipped in under 24 hours.  Guess I priced it a bit too low, ha. I've never understood why people are so easily offended by what others do with their games.  It's just money, only seems to be sore spot for those who can't afford it.

IMG

jonebone

By ridiculously exaggerated do you mean priced at the sweet spot?  Already sold. It really baffles me how some cannot understand that Mint items, complete with packaging, will always fetch a premium price?  People pay for condition.

There is a saying, you can't overpay for Mint, and you can't overprice for Mint either.  I actually was thinking $159.99 but went with $149.99 since I thought it might get a quick hit.  And it did.

jonebone

Quote from: gynt on 03/02/2017, 08:04 AMisnt it it great this guy found our hobby and signed up here not too long ago?

This one I wanted to keep but the condition was too subpar for me upon receiving.  I did price this one high because I didn't really want to sell it.  But if I could get that for it, I'm sure I could buy it back in better condition for cheaper down the road.  Once again, nothing to be offended about.  It either sells or it doesn't, life goes on.

LostFlunky

Quote from: jonebone on 03/02/2017, 09:29 AM

By ridiculously exaggerated do you mean priced at the sweet spot?  Already sold. It really baffles me how some cannot understand that Mint items, complete with packaging, will always fetch a premium price?  People pay for condition.

There is a saying, you can't overpay for Mint, and you can't overprice for Mint either.  I actually was thinking $159.99 but went with $149.99 since I thought it might get a quick hit.  And it did. 
Please go away.

It really baffles me how people who are only interested in exploiting video games for profit don't understand how this can piss off real enthusiasts...

Many of the members here actually enjoy the TG/PCE, playing the games and discussing them.   You are in it for the money - you can try to convince yourself otherwise, but it won't be true...

NecroPhile

Fuck off, you leech.  Nobody cares that you're butthurt over being called out as a profiteering scumbag.

Seriously, just how ignorant do you have to be to think that a whopping $150 is unaffordable?  Visit a thread outside of the sales threads and take a look at some of the crazy and often expensive stuff people buy around here.  You might learn something.

P.S. - You're triple posting like a true moron.  Bravo, champ!

jonebone

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 03/02/2017, 09:39 AMPlease go away.

It really baffles me how people who are only interested in exploiting video games for profit don't understand how this can piss off real enthusiasts...

Many of the members here actually enjoy the TG/PCE, playing the games and discussing them.   You are in it for the money - you can try to convince yourself otherwise, but it won't be true...
What drew me to TG16 was Neutopia.  I played an beat NI / NII last year and enjoyed them, not quite Zelda but worth a play.  I always have been and always will be a COLLECTOR of retro games and more of a modern gamer.  I will do it as a lifelong hobby even if the market completely collapses...

Quote from: guest on 03/02/2017, 09:39 AMFuck off, you leech.  Nobody cares that you're butthurt over being called out as a profiteering scumbag.

Seriously, just how ignorant do you have to be to think that a whopping $150 is unaffordable?  Visit a thread outside of the sales threads and take a look at some of the crazy and often expensive stuff people buy around here.  You might learn something.
No one is butthurt (do adults really use that word?), I just find it funny that I "overpriced" and it still sold too fast.  Typically, when you "overprice" something, it doesn't sell (by definition).

BigusSchmuck

Too much butt crack smoke going on. Peace out.

NecroPhile

Quote from: jonebone on 03/02/2017, 09:49 AMNo one is butthurt (do adults really use that word?), I just find it funny that I "overpriced" and it still sold too fast.  Typically, when you "overprice" something, it doesn't sell (by definition).
Wrong again, fool.  By definition, overpriced simply means that something is priced too high; there are no quantifiers that it's priced too high to ever sell, to sell within a predetermined time period, etc.

Bloufo

bob

Quote from: jonebone on 03/02/2017, 09:32 AM
Quote from: gynt on 03/02/2017, 08:04 AMisnt it it great this guy found our hobby and signed up here not too long ago?

This one I wanted to keep but the condition was too subpar for me upon receiving.  I did price this one high because I didn't really want to sell it.  But if I could get that for it, I'm sure I could buy it back in better condition for cheaper down the road.  Once again, nothing to be offended about.  It either sells or it doesn't, life goes on.
you're right, a better box does make the game play differently.
i guess its hard to beat-off to "sub-par" cardboard.  might as well shoot for the moon, hope an idiot buys it, and move on to the next one.  you dont seem to understand that PCEFX doesn't share the same sentiments that nintendoage does.
i like how you strategically cropped the image so "collector quality" wasnt shown on your awesome user name sign in the picture.  cuz, its obviously not that level of quality.  as a "collector", you realize this.

NecroPhile

Heh, NA.  The home of retards that can't wait to jerk off to fake grading bullshit.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 03/02/2017, 09:40 AMFuck off, you leech.  Nobody cares that you're butthurt over being called out as a profiteering scumbag.

P.S. - You're triple posting like a true moron.  Bravo, champ!
This. Just because I can pay $200+ for a video game doesn't mean I want to. Or will in the case of over $200. Never have paid more than that for a game. Honestly once it gets over $100 I lose interest rapidly. I own games currently worth more than that, but they were obtained prior to the market catching herpes.

There are too many cheap games to play and alternative ways to play really pricey games for me to worry about owning the trophy piece games. I can play Snatcher for 10 cents.

People that go straight to calling people who complain about pricing poor are just rationalizing their behavior whether it be the collecting aspect or flipping for profit. No need to rationalize your behavior, just do what you do. But don't be surprised when some people are annoyed.

bob

Gypsy

I think I'm going to some point soon, but gonna jam on some shitty Xbox games first.

geise

Just because a johnny come lately pays $150 for a $50 game doesn't mean that's the going market rate.

BTW most of us here are collectors to some degree, but we love and play our games more than worrying about condition and boxes.

Sparky

Quote from: geise on 03/01/2017, 09:09 PM

*looks at post count*

*wonders when he got into turbo*
Sorry, nothing important to add but this made me smile like a good morning poo.

Gentlegamer

Hey jonebone, if you're so confident in 'market prices' put your stuff up for no reserve auction starting at $0.99.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 03/03/2017, 07:53 AMHey jonebone, if you're so confident in 'market prices' put your stuff up for no reserve auction starting at $0.99.
Market manipulation the whole point of being a true COLLECTOR first and foremost.

bob

Quote from: guest on 03/03/2017, 10:42 AM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 03/03/2017, 07:53 AMHey jonebone, if you're so confident in 'market prices' put your stuff up for no reserve auction starting at $0.99.
Market manipulation the whole point of being a true COLLECTOR first and foremost.
Also, he would NEVER do this.  As you can see from his other post, he's already upset he may have missed out on $10 by not pricing Last Alert at $159.99.  No way would he risk not getting the max.

mitsuman

Quote from: gynt on 03/03/2017, 10:47 AM
Also, he would NEVER do this.  As you can see from his other post, he's already upset he may have missed out on $10 by not pricing Last Alert at $159.99.  No way would he risk not getting the max.
Is your sig for real? Did someone really do that?

bob

Quote from: mitsuman on 03/03/2017, 11:23 AM
Quote from: gynt on 03/03/2017, 10:47 AM
Is your sig for real? Did someone really do that?
yes, a few weeks ago somebody said that.

Gentlegamer

It's a real quote, but probably a troll account.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 03/03/2017, 12:09 PMIt's a real quote, but probably a troll account.
If only.  There truly are people that fucking stupid.

CrackTiger

When I had time to make a detailed post, one of the things I was going to say about nu-collectors is that I keep seeing comments and dedicated threads by people proclaiming that they've given up on a console altogether, because after paying any price to complete a set asap, they hit a wall and if they can't own every game from what other people consider to be the official checklist, then they don't want to own or play any of it at all.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: guest on 03/03/2017, 01:39 PMWhen I had time to make a detailed post, one of the things I was going to say about nu-collectors is that I keep seeing comments and dedicated threads by people proclaiming that they've given up on a console altogether, because after paying any price to complete a set asap, they hit a wall and if they can't own every game from what other people consider to be the official checklist, then they don't want to own or play any of it at all.
Or they collect a full set in 6 months by mashing BIN and then want to liquidate it 2 months later.
IMG

NecroPhile

And everything must sell for what they (over)paid plus shipping costs and fees because they "can't lose any money!"

bob

the only fullset i would be impressed with is audio CD's

LostFlunky

Quote from: gynt on 03/03/2017, 03:38 PMthe only fullset i would be impressed with is audio CD's
Done.  Records too...

bob