OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Nintendo Switch Thread (previously NX)

Started by Otaking, 07/03/2016, 08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dicer

Yes, because no company ever patched things in after, ever...

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 03/06/2017, 10:31 AMSaw latest news that Nintendo confirmed that all save data is local, and cannot be copied to SD storage. Run out of space... Ur fucked.
It's got at least a 500gb hdd to match the $50 cheaper competition, right?  You'll never fill that.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esadajr

the more I read the more I'm glad I cancelled my preorder for this experimental system. Even if everything was honey, the TCO is ridiculous.
Gaming since 1985

esadajr

Quote from: guest on 03/06/2017, 10:27 AMThe weird thing is I have been unable to find a cheap Wii U. I thought oh cool they discontinued. That means the remaining new stock will be on clearance.   Nope seems people rushed out and bought up all remaining new stock in stores. Now they are trying to flip it. Then I thought well okay used systems will be clearlanced. Nope still going $256 used at game stop IF you can find one.

Geezzzz

What ever happened to getting things on clearance. 
$200 Refurbished direct from Nintendo with a warranty

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150200

Like I said before this is how I received my system and it looked brand new, no issues with it at all[/quote]
I remember when the Gamecube was discontinued. $99 brand new and used ones for like $30. The   price point for a discontinued console should in the $100 neighborhood.

But thanks to these hipster collectards nothing makes sense anymore. The Wii U is this "underrated", "rare" and "collectible" system.

Glad I got mine brand new "back in the day" in 2013.
Gaming since 1985

wildfruit

Just had a thought. A new Samba de amigo would suit the switch nice.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 03/05/2017, 04:21 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 03/05/2017, 04:39 AMThe D-Pad sucks.  The grippy thing crams the two halves too close together.
Are you referring to the d-pad on the Pro controller?
Yeah. I'm referring to the pro controller while also referring to the grip thing. 

that isn't part of the pro controller.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BigusSchmuck

This video compilation makes me cringe:

TR0N

More to come it's a good thing i wasn't a early adopter for one.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Arkhan Asylum

Nintendo has gone full Microsoft with this release.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: wildfruit on 03/06/2017, 03:01 PMJust had a thought. A new Samba de amigo would suit the switch nice.
There is a ported version of the D.C. In the Wii. I got a used copy at GS for .99 cents.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esadajr on 03/06/2017, 11:40 AM
Quote from: guest on 03/06/2017, 10:27 AMThe weird thing is I have been unable to find a cheap Wii U. I thought oh cool they discontinued. That means the remaining new stock will be on clearance.   Nope seems people rushed out and bought up all remaining new stock in stores. Now they are trying to flip it. Then I thought well okay used systems will be clearlanced. Nope still going $256 used at game stop IF you can find one.

Geezzzz

What ever happened to getting things on clearance. 
$200 Refurbished direct from Nintendo with a warranty

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150200

Like I said before this is how I received my system and it looked brand new, no issues with it at all
I remember when the Gamecube was discontinued. $99 brand new and used ones for like $30. The   price point for a discontinued console should in the $100 neighborhood.

But thanks to these hipster collectards nothing makes sense anymore. The Wii U is this "underrated", "rare" and "collectible" system.

Glad I got mine brand new "back in the day" in 2013.[/quote]
Thanks for the heads up. I completely forgot this was an option.

Otaking

My Switch (I bought on launch) is unable to connect to my router, thus cannot connect to the internet, so I can't do any updates or buy any download games.
Others have had this problem, I called Nintendo and looks like I'll have to maybe buy a new router. over 30 other things in my house have connected to my router just fine but the Switch can't.

But... but.. But EVEN after all that I don't regret buying Switch one bit!!!!
because...
Zelda

It's by far the greatest gaming experiance I've ever had, the game is absolutely astonishing, it's incredible.
I just don't get why people aren't going more nuts about it?? it literally is the greatest game of all time.

Edit: I know you can play Zelda BOTW on The Wii-U, but if there was ever one game in the history of video games that deserves to be played in the best way you can possibly play it, then this is it.
It's worth every last penny I spent on the Switch.

PS this all coming from someone who was skeptical about the Switch before, I nearly canceled my preorder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

esadajr

It'd be interesting to know if anyone got a Switch but didn't get Zelda.
Gaming since 1985

Gentlegamer

Quote from: Otaking on 03/07/2017, 09:47 AMI just don't get why people aren't going more nuts about it?? it literally is the greatest game of all time.
It's because it's Trash Loot and Trash Mobs: The Gameā„¢
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

sirhcman

Quote from: Otaking on 03/07/2017, 09:47 AMEdit: I know you can play Zelda BOTW on The Wii-U, but if there was ever one game in the history of video games that deserves to be played in the best way you can possibly play it, then this is it.
The game was developed for the Wii U and ported to the Switch. What makes the Switch version so much better?

Gentlegamer

In Trash Loot of the Wild, the first item Link receives is literally a Wii U gamepad.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

xcrement5x

Quote from: esadajr on 03/06/2017, 11:40 AMI remember when the Gamecube was discontinued. $99 brand new and used ones for like $30. The   price point for a discontinued console should in the $100 neighborhood.

I think what really happened here is not so much hipsters, but Nintendo not wanting the a Nintendo console to appear cheap or budget.  Supposedly they recalled most NOS from stores rather than have it be sold at discount.  They really have taken the Apple mindset and are all about keeping the brand value high so that it looks like a deluxe experience overall. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Gentlegamer

Also, the gamepad is pretty expensive so there wasn't much room for price reduction.

As element points out, the NOS were recalled and for quite a while you could buy a "refurbished Wii U" from Nintendo what was really just a brand new system that had been opened, for a discount from MSRP.
IMG

bob

Quote from: guest on 03/07/2017, 12:17 PM
Quote from: esadajr on 03/06/2017, 11:40 AMI remember when the Gamecube was discontinued. $99 brand new and used ones for like $30. The   price point for a discontinued console should in the $100 neighborhood.

I think what really happened here is not so much hipsters, but Nintendo not wanting the a Nintendo console to appear cheap or budget.  Supposedly they recalled most NOS from stores rather than have it be sold at discount.  They really have taken the Apple mindset and are all about keeping the brand value high so that it looks like a deluxe experience overall.
you are absolutely right about the perception of brand value.  nintendo isnt a company about quality and fun anymore.  the wii u was the first forray into nintendo dropping everything that was great about them.  the new corporate regime is going to slowly kill them.
the shit-switch is the nintendo gateway to hell.  release crap, dont stand behind it, tell the moronic fanboys what they want, know they will fall for it, rinse, repeat.

also, looks like the stock price wasnt affected much (+2%) by the release, but will be interesting to see over the next 2 weeks.  apparently they didnt know what to do with the pop from pokeGO last summer.

i also think its obvious that a march release is no accident.  they want the users to essentially beta test it so they can make revisions for holiday season sales.

SignOfZeta

IMG

bob

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/07/2017, 02:21 PMI hate you.
good.  it worked.  my goal is for all hipsters to dislike me.

JoshTurboTrollX

I got the Switch.  It's a pretty sweet device thus far.

We should start a "Friend Code" thread. 

Yes, I feel this is needed...
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Otaking

Quote from: guest on 03/07/2017, 11:00 AM
Quote from: Otaking on 03/07/2017, 09:47 AMEdit: I know you can play Zelda BOTW on The Wii-U, but if there was ever one game in the history of video games that deserves to be played in the best way you can possibly play it, then this is it.
The game was developed for the Wii U and ported to the Switch. What makes the Switch version so much better?
On a TV, the Nintendo Switch version of the game renders in 900p, the Wii U version renders in 720p.

The Nintendo Switch version has higher-quality environmental sounds. As a result, the sound of steps, water, grass, etc. are more realistic and enhance the game's Open-Air feel.

If any game in the history video games deserves to be played with those enhancements then this is the one.

Also with the Switch version you can take the game anywhere, my daughter took out and played it for acouple hours and battery lasred fine.

I've played the game for about 15 hours now and I've not seen anything that would be enhanced by the Wii-U's touch game pad.

Do I like the modern era Nintendo as a company? No

Do I like hipster Nintendorks fanboys? No

But there is no denying this Zelda game is a Nintendo return to form, in fact it surpasses anything they've ever done, or anyone else has ever done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Otaking on 03/07/2017, 02:40 PMBut there is no denying this Zelda game is a Nintendo return to form, in fact it surpasses anything they've ever done, or anyone else has ever done.
It really is something special. I hope Nintendo makes things right with all the people having issues.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Psycho Punch

Otaking, I love you man, but you're being quite exaggerated about Zelda. And the 900/720 and "lower quality sounds" differences really feel like they're minimal/unimportant.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

JoshTurboTrollX

wildfruit

Well I hooked up the Wii u version of Zelda today and it looks amazing. If they could have developed games like this earlier I'm sure it would have been a better story for the Wii U. If it looks better on the switch then that's decent.

Dicer

Quote from: wildfruit on 03/07/2017, 03:21 PMWell I hooked up the Wii u version of Zelda today and it looks amazing. If they could have developed games like this earlier I'm sure it would have been a better story for the Wii U. If it looks better on the switch then that's decent.
I did the same thing, game is amazeballs...

Gentlegamer

Are the weapons more durable in the Switch version? Do they last for three fights instead of two?
IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: gynt on 03/07/2017, 02:24 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/07/2017, 02:21 PMI hate you.
good.  it worked.  my goal is for all hipsters to dislike me.
You keep using that word...I don't think it means what one of us thinks it's means.

The reason you pissed me off is because you're another one of those always pissed off fanboys who know better than anyone about how a century old company should run its affairs. This is in the face what it's, relatively speaking, an incredibly successful run that, despite recent difficulties, generally makes more profit from games than almost anyone else today, certainly more than the other console OEMs.

"Nintendo is not about quality and fun anymore."  What the fuck is that? They only sell video games, how is that not fun? I played my 3DS for hours yesterday. Was I mistaken in that I thought I was having fun? And if thats the case, how did YOU figure out before me that I was miserable the whole time?

"Didn't know what to do with the pop..." oh fucking HELL. Go back to reviewing mobile phones for CNET and fuck the fuck off. Take your stock expertise with you.

At this point "hipster" is a world who's universal applicability is nearly that of "terrorist" or "communist". It's literally anything you want it to be.
IMG

esadajr

Quote from: guest on 03/07/2017, 12:17 PM

That's a good explanation, never thought about that possibility. So I guess I have Nintendo's previous "macbook" model.
Gaming since 1985

CrackTiger

I love old Sega and Nintendo games, but I accept that modern games just aren't for me anymore. I don't care positively or negatively about companies' current forms and am not really concerned that the kinds of games I enjoy are not being made any more by big companies, because I already can't make time for all of the thousands of existing ones.

The only new games that I get excited about are select homebrew releases.

I still played several 3D Zeldas and even though I don't enjoy them, I believe that this new "greatest game ever" has got to be more of stylized experience than revolutionary game.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

bob

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/07/2017, 04:32 PMThe reason you pissed me off is because you're another one of those always pissed off fanboys who know better than anyone about how a century old company should run its affairs.
Nobody asked you to explain it. 

Truthfully, I didn't piss you off.  YOU pissed you off.  I said nothing of knowing how to run their affairs, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that they are dragging the whole company down.  Being a century old means nothing, it's what they are doing today/tomorrow that matter.  Nintendo has publically stated that they are "changing directions" by appointing a bean-counter as President when historically, the company had leaders that focused on the quality and experiences of the products they were creating.

You are living in the nintendo past, look towards the future.

And before you try to say, "Look at the switch, blah blah blah, new experience, blah blah blah".
The switch is nothing more than the Wii U except ALL built into the pad and includes even more tired motion crap (1-2 Switch).  It's probably what they wanted the Wii U to be all along.

(also, don't complain about the vague validity of "hipster", then throw fanboy around)

Quote from: SignOfZeta"Nintendo is not about quality and fun anymore."  What the fuck is that? They only sell video games, how is that not fun? I played my 3DS for hours yesterday. Was I mistaken in that I thought I was having fun?
You weren't having fun.  Nintendo TOLD you that you were having fun.
Also, I think it was obvious I was talking about current direction.  The 3DS is a years old established platform.  Maybe good games are still being created (I wouldn't know, I don't have one), but you missed the point entirely with that one.

Quote from: SignOfZetaoh fucking HELL. Go back to reviewing mobile phones for CNET and fuck the fuck off. Take your stock expertise with you.
If noticing that Nintendo lost that much market cap is "expertise" to you, then, um, yeah...

DildoKKKobold

For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Dicer

Easy kids, don't make me turn this forum around...

wildfruit

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 03/07/2017, 04:44 PMI love old Sega and Nintendo games, but I accept that modern games just aren't for me anymore. I don't care positively or negatively about companies' current forms and am not really concerned that the kinds of games I enjoy are not being made any more by big companies, because I already can't make time for all of the thousands of existing ones.

The only new games that I get excited about are select homebrew releases.

I still played several 3D Zeldas and even though I don't enjoy them, I believe that this new "greatest game ever" has got to be more of stylized experience than revolutionary game.
I'm in the same boat as you BT. Bought an XB1 about a year and a half ago, played through Ori and tried a bunch of demos, barely played it since. Next to it is my 360 that I logged many hours on, mostly GH/RB and maybe 4-5 other games.  I also have a Wii with a bunch of games I hope I'll feel like playing someday. I tend to stay 1-2 generations behind, it's much more economical that way.

Wind Waker (GC) was the last Zelda game that I enjoyed enough to finish. Oddly I want to pick up a Wii U now, but I know it'll barely get any playtime. I'm also just now discovering the 3DS library.

Sometimes I wish I still got as excited for new games as I used to.

Raizen1984

Quote from: gynt on 03/07/2017, 05:50 PMYou weren't having fun.  Nintendo TOLD you that you were having fun.
lol

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: jperryss on 03/07/2017, 07:08 PMWind Waker (GC) was the last Zelda game that I enjoyed enough to finish. Oddly I want to pick up a Wii U now, but I know it'll barely get any playtime. I'm also just now discovering the 3DS library.
Did you try Twilight Princess? I was never a big OoT or MM fan, and never really gave WW a fair shot, but man, I fell in love with TP. Best Zelda game I'd played since Link to the Past. Still need to try Link Between Worlds, but I have no interest in playing the Switch's Zelda: Skyrim Edition.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 03/07/2017, 09:43 PM
Quote from: jperryss on 03/07/2017, 07:08 PMWind Waker (GC) was the last Zelda game that I enjoyed enough to finish. Oddly I want to pick up a Wii U now, but I know it'll barely get any playtime. I'm also just now discovering the 3DS library.
Did you try Twilight Princess? I was never a big OoT or MM fan, and never really gave WW a fair shot, but man, I fell in love with TP. Best Zelda game I'd played since Link to the Past. Still need to try Link Between Worlds, but I have no interest in playing the Switch's Zelda: Skyrim Edition.
Funny because I've only played parts of the NES, LttP and LBW. Recently tried OoT and couldn't quite get into it (though I plan on going back to it.)

Though, if you like LttP I think you'll pretty easily like LBW. I remember playing that a couple of months after playing LttP and loving the hell out of it. The puzzle solving and new gameplay mechanics of Link turning into a painting and the lowrule were pretty fun to navigate through.

Arkhan Asylum

People don't really misuse fanboy, but misuse hipster daily.

Anyway, the switch on paper is still great, but these current flaws are really pissing me off.  I expected better.

That durability video highlights the moronic dock problem of HARD PLASTIC INSIDE.

Why is it there.

they could have put felt on it and made it not damage the thing.

FFS.

Also, don't buy the PDP licensed grippies.   They don't work with the joygrip or w/e the fuck you call it.

bob

Quote from: guest on 03/07/2017, 11:35 PMPeople don't really misuse fanboy, but misuse hipster daily.
hipster can mean anything, so you can't really "misuse" it
he misused fanboy up above in his post

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: gynt on 03/07/2017, 11:56 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 03/07/2017, 11:35 PMPeople don't really misuse fanboy, but misuse hipster daily.
hipster can mean anything, so you can't really "misuse" it
he misused fanboy up above in his post
saying hipster can mean anything is proof that it is misused.

because that's not correct.

DeshDildo

Quote from: Otaking on 03/07/2017, 09:47 AMMy Switch (I bought on launch) is unable to connect to my router, thus cannot connect to the internet, so I can't do any updates or buy any download games.
Others have had this problem, I called Nintendo and looks like I'll have to maybe buy a new router. over 30 other things in my house have connected to my router just fine but the Switch can't.

But... but.. But EVEN after all that I don't regret buying Switch one bit!!!!
because...
Zelda

It's by far the greatest gaming experiance I've ever had, the game is absolutely astonishing, it's incredible.
I just don't get why people aren't going more nuts about it?? it literally is the greatest game of all time.

Edit: I know you can play Zelda BOTW on The Wii-U, but if there was ever one game in the history of video games that deserves to be played in the best way you can possibly play it, then this is it.

PS this all coming from someone who was skeptical about the Switch before, I nearly canceled my preorder.
In this post lies one of the major selling points of the Switch to me.  You couldn't hook up to the internet but were still allowed to put your "cartridge" in and play the game with no internet.  That's pretty amazing these days.

I also had an issue getting mine to play nice with both of my routers.  I don't know if you got yours connected yet but I had to go into my router settings and set security to WPA2 only.  Connected right up after that.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 03/07/2017, 09:43 PM
I played TP only briefly and lost interest, but that was at least 6-7 years ago and I need to give it another shot.

LBW is on my list, I plan to start that one right after I finish Super Mario 3D Land (currently at Special 1-4).

Dicer

TP is a fucking joy, need to play the HD remaster at some point, I still have yet to finish Skyward, the only mainline I haven't as of yet...it's not bad per se, the mechanics were just...something.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Dicer on 03/08/2017, 11:08 AMTP is a fucking joy, need to play the HD remaster at some point, I still have yet to finish Skyward, the only mainline I haven't as of yet...it's not bad per se, the mechanics were just...something.
Why does TP have a remaster already when they haven't even remastered like, Zelda 1 and 2.

remasters are stupid.

like Skyrim.   That game is like 5 minutes old. It don't need it.

TP was too easy, but it was the first 3D zelda I actually enjoyed.

I hated OOT with a burning latina passion.

CrackTiger

I only made it about halfway through Twilight Princess on Wii before getting fed up. It got to a point where it was just tedius work, riding from one side of the known world to the other, occasionally getting hooked by an enemy, at which point I'd shake my fists in the air a few times and they'd die. Then mount up again and continue riding for a long time. I wish I'd played the Gamecube version instead, but the gimmicky controls were the deal breaker for me.

I can't imagine having to hike 20 screens north without deviation in Neutopia, with nothing but the occasional single enemy every few screens. People raised on 3D games like to complain that old 2D games are too difficult and crude, but 3D games are fully of artificial filler and automated actions.

Windwaker is the only 3D Zelda I've more or less played through a few times. I always give up before the final dungeon, when I'm supposed to spend hours sailing around the world looking for random triforce shards or something. I never understood why many 3D Zelda fans complained about the sailing, when swapping the ocean texture for grass and the boat for a horse would make it like the other games.

Anyway, a supposed immersive world isn't all that matters to me in a game and although a nicely fleshed out world and stylized aesthetics can make a game much more enjoyable, the more 3D games that I played with too much hiking around waiting for something to do, the less tollerant I became.

I'd be interested in a 3D Zelda designed like the original NES game or Neutopia. The handicapped nature of 3D gameplay would make even a game designed like LttP too tedious for me.

So the PS4 generation is the first that I've fully sat out. I prefer 2D visuals and 2D gameplay, but I did try to keep up with modern 3D games for a longtime. Too many genres just seem to stick to 3D for the sake of selling to modern gamers and feel like compromised experience.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

bob

i downloaded new zelda last night on the Wii U and almost shut it off after 5 mins when Link got a FUCKING DATA TABLET that downloads information from rocks.
(I will admit, I haven't played much zelda games since Links Awakening on GB, so if this is the direction it's gone in, then I'm glad I missed them)

I am happy I stuck with it though, it is pretty incredible.  There are no features for the Wii U gamepad, it's just used to play the game on tablet or TV.

There is nothing about it that says it's $300 better on the switch.

Arkhan Asylum

I will admit, the giant ass maps in Breasts of the Wild are feeling tedious sometimes.

I have been saying that about 3D games , especially MMOs, for awhile now.

You are walking through large amounts of nothingness, just because.

FFXV is the worst culprit.   Shit is boring.   Dual scale maps conveyed distance much more intelligently.

and... in the case of Zelda, I was OK with the way SNES felt.    It was a world with a population of like, 6 that needed saving.

lol