OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Reproduction HuCards/Cases for Sale!

Started by turbokon, 04/15/2016, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sapicco

Quote from: StarDust4Ever on 09/15/2016, 02:39 PM
Quote from: Marto_Jo-ing on 09/15/2016, 11:36 AM
Quote from: turbokon on 09/14/2016, 03:25 PMJust so you guys know, once the current stock of the mini cases these repro comes with runs out, we won't be able to get any more.
That's a bummer. These cases are awesome. Well I guess its time to get 1941 for the Supergrafx.
PM SENT...
Excellent game. I toyed with the idea of ordering a 1941/Ghouls n Ghosts 2-in-1, but as I can only play it on retrofreak, I could just run the original ROMs instead.
Can the super grafx games be put on these repro cards and play in a regular tg16?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Sapicco on 09/22/2016, 08:50 PMCan the super grafx games be put on these repro cards and play in a regular tg16?
No.

I hope you're kidding.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: guest on 09/23/2016, 09:26 AM
Quote from: Sapicco on 09/22/2016, 08:50 PMCan the super grafx games be put on these repro cards and play in a regular tg16?
No.

I hope you're kidding.
But you can get Supergrafx repros for play in a Supergrafx! :dance:

You can also presumably play Supergrafx repros on the Retro Freak, but IMO buying physical repros to play in an emulator box when you can just simply backdoor load the ROM seems like something only a "collectard" would do. [-X
~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Marto_Jo-ing

Hey everyone, so I went to the Socal Retro Gaming Expo last month and I went with some Turbografx games to trade. I went to Pat The Nes Punk's booth and he had a Turbograx CD traveling case with Docking Station for $150. I showed him what I had to trade and in the mix was the Bonk 3 repro I recently auctioned off. When it opened up my bag and pulled out my box of TurboGrafx stuff first thing on top was Bonk 3 Repro. Pat immediately saw it said "oh you have Bonk 3". I replied "No it's a reproduction I purchase but I recently got a original Bonk 3 so I'm just looking to trade it away". Pat looked at it and thought it was pretty cool he was really impressed that it said it was a reproduction. I thought he kind of played dumb about it since he had it in his hands and then on the podcast said they were in PSP sized cases. They are smaller and better. Anyways Pat was a nice guy I traded him a sealed Sonic Spike(Mint) Cadash in case with manual (Mint) and Adams Family in case (Mint) and $45 for the Case and Docking station in great condition. Still has the protective film on label and has both latch buttons.

In my opinion these repos are worth every penny if it fits what your looking for. I have all HuCard games except Legend of Hero Tonma and Magical Chase so I purchased these from Turbokon. Plus with Sparky's end labels it just looked weird not having them in my collection. I'm 40 years old and I just like physical copies of things that I collect. In my opinion emulators ruin the fun of collecting. I enjoy the hunt and capture of games I've wanted. I'm never going to pay $4,000 for a game. So for the handful of games  I want that are outrageously priced these repos work great for me.
                                           Thanks Turbokon!

esteban

Quote from: Marto_Jo-ing on 09/23/2016, 11:29 PMHey everyone, so I went to the Socal Retro Gaming Expo last month and I went with some Turbografx games to trade. I went to Pat The Nes Punk's booth and he had a Turbograx CD traveling case with Docking Station for $150. I showed him what I had to trade and in the mix was the Bonk 3 repro I recently auctioned off. When it opened up my bag and pulled out my box of TurboGrafx stuff first thing on top was Bonk 3 Repro. Pat immediately saw it said "oh you have Bonk 3". I replied "No it's a reproduction I purchase but I recently got a original Bonk 3 so I'm just looking to trade it away". Pat looked at it and thought it was pretty cool he was really impressed that it said it was a reproduction. I thought he kind of played dumb about it since he had it in his hands and then on the podcast said they were in PSP sized cases. They are smaller and better. Anyways Pat was a nice guy I traded him a sealed Sonic Spike(Mint) Cadash in case with manual (Mint) and Adams Family in case (Mint) and $45 for the Case and Docking station in great condition. Still has the protective film on label and has both latch buttons.

In my opinion these repos are worth every penny if it fits what your looking for. I have all HuCard games except Legend of Hero Tonma and Magical Chase so I purchased these from Turbokon. Plus with Sparky's end labels it just looked weird not having them in my collection. I'm 40 years old and I just like physical copies of things that I collect. In my opinion emulators ruin the fun of collecting. I enjoy the hunt and capture of games I've wanted. I'm never going to pay $4,000 for a game. So for the handful of games  I want that are outrageously priced these repos work great for me.
                                           Thanks Turbokon!
Thanks for sharing.

I think you will find that a lot of us actually like the idea of reproductions: what we despise is (1) when these items are sold for exorbitant prices and (2) when deceitful sellers are not forthright about an item and (3) when ignorant buyers are unaware of bootlegs and/or justify exorbitant pricing.

Obviously, the debate for honest sellers concerns what an acceptable profit margin is. This is complicated when the original purchase was at an inflated price, to begin with, and profit-seeking guides all subsequent transactions.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Sapicco

No.

I hope you're kidding.
The dude above me mentioned sfx games, and I'd figured I'd ask. Not about to sift thru 25 pages

CrackTiger

Quote from: Sapicco on 09/24/2016, 05:53 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/23/2016, 09:26 AM
No.

I hope you're kidding.
The dude above me mentioned sfx games, and I'd figured I'd ask. Not about to sift thru 25 pages
The SuperGrafx has an extra video processor and ram. It's kinda like a 32X setup compared to normal Genesis. So you can't run SuperGrafx games on anything but SuperGrafx hardware.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Magister

Any chance of reproducing D&D: Order of the Griffin with the sound bug fixed?
This Space For Rent.

HailingTheThings

IMG

Psycho Punch

No.

I hope you're kidding.
Someone should have had made a EXT Supergrafx Adapter for the PCE a long time ago, even if there's only 5 games for it.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: guest on 12/01/2016, 04:40 AM
No.

I hope you're kidding.
Someone should have had made a EXT Supergrafx Adapter for the PCE a long time ago, even if there's only 5 games for it.
I don't believe that's even possible.

Magister

This Space For Rent.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Magister on 12/01/2016, 10:40 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 12/01/2016, 01:00 AM
Quote from: Magister on 11/30/2016, 09:21 PMAny chance of reproducing D&D: Order of the Griffin with the sound bug fixed?
IMG
?
My apologies. My answer to your inquiry was your avatar gif. hehe
IMG

Magister

This Space For Rent.

Psycho Punch

Quote from: StarDust4Ever on 12/01/2016, 04:45 AM
Quote from: Psycho Punch on 12/01/2016, 04:40 AM
No.

I hope you're kidding.
I don't believe that's even possible.
There are pins for direct contact with the data buses. I want to believe.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

HailingTheThings

IMG

Magister

This Space For Rent.

esteban

Magister

This Space For Rent.

TheClash603

HailingTheThings

IMG

NecroPhile

If if such a device could be made to work through the expansion bus, you'd have to destroy a real SGX to scavenge parts.  Either that or program a fpga, but at that point you might as well program the fpga to replace the core system, cd, etc. as well.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turbokon

Hey guys, it's been a while since I got on here but just thought I would gave an update. The mini cases are no longer available.  The hucard repros are now available without the cases.  3D printed case will be available soon.  Check website for new pricing.

IMG
IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Here is a couple of more games with the new 3D printed cases.

IMG
IMG
IMG

www.tg16pcemods.com

MisterCrash

Out of curiosity, will you be offering the cases for sale on their own? With the PCEngineFX cases no longer available for sale, there is likely to be some pent up demand.

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: MisterCrash on 01/15/2017, 10:08 PMOut of curiosity, will you be offering the cases for sale on their own? With the PCEngineFX cases no longer available for sale, there is likely to be some pent up demand.
Wow, those are even nicer than the older Vita style ones!  :dance:

It would also be a nice gesture to offer blank cases for people who want to "upgrade" loose games so they don't rely on donors.

turbokon

Thanks . There might be a possibility that these cases will be available separately in the near future.

www.tg16pcemods.com

tjsnh

Quote from: turbokon on 01/16/2017, 09:35 PMThanks. There might be a possibility that these cases will be available separately in the near future.
PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePlease.
I'll buy ten.

johnnykonami

Aww, I liked the little cases.  I missed out!  When my finances evened out I would probably be grabbing some of the homebrew stuff on these.

turbokon

Also, the new cases will have all new artworks from the mini cases.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

www.tg16pcemods.com

NightWolve

Your HuCard production factory is in full swing I see. :)

OldMan

I sure hope they are printing those singly.

(Bonk 3, line 7, prehistoric her?)

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: TheOldMan on 01/23/2017, 02:36 AMI sure hope they are printing those singly.

Bonk does turn into a girl in the Japanese version... 8-[

turbokon

Quote from: TheOldMan on 01/23/2017, 02:36 AMI sure hope they are printing those singly.

Good catch . Haven't actually printed this yet.

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

xcrement5x

Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

StarDust4Ever

esteban

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

Groover

Have you guys looked into making HuCards for HomeBrew and indie software? It would be cool to get a physical copy of Aetherbyte these days.
IMG

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: Groover on 04/16/2017, 12:43 AMHave you guys looked into making HuCards for HomeBrew and indie software? It would be cool to get a physical copy of Aetherbyte these days.
I PM'd them last year regarding this. Seems Aetherbyte insists on not using Turbokon's service unfortunately. That's too bad... :-({|=

As much as I love my blue Atlantean, but damn those Turbokon repros are sexy as hell. A "licensed" copy of Atlantean with a slick glossy blue cool-to-the-touch PCB (instead of the usual black/white finish) would be epic, and little to no supply issues...  :dance:

thesteve

they wouldnt even need to release the rom, as these are programmable using a chip burner wired to a card slot

CrackTiger

Aetherbyte already have a new HuCard design of their own.

Hopefully it will also glow in the dark.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

OldMan

QuoteHopefully it will also glow in the dark.
Depends on if we can find a reliable supplier of quality glow-in-the-dark plastic :/

Psycho Punch

I'm expecting their next release to glow in the dark, assemble into a transformer when combined with other copies, have a Super FX + SVP in it, etc. but still have the same jewel case design that doesn't close properly. :P

xcrement5x

Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

spenoza

So, what kinds of limits are you guys self-imposing? Are there certain titles you aren't going to reproduce? I'm already glad you're asking our home-brew folks before trying to do their titles. What are the determining factors of which titles you select and which you'll avoid?

thesteve

Quote from: guestSo, what kinds of limits are you guys self-imposing? Are there certain titles you aren't going to reproduce? I'm already glad you're asking our home-brew folks before trying to do their titles. What are the determining factors of which titles you select and which you'll avoid?
well as for title limits, we didnt put a mapper in the card, so only direct addressed games
the intent was to try to undercut the super rare price gouging titles, so cheaply available cards will be ignored for the most part
as for the homebrew games, they are currently produced titles, and as such it wouldnt be right to undercut it (however we would love to supply the blanks, or produce the cards for the homebrew scene)