PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16 Reproduction HuCards/Cases for Sale!

Started by turbokon, 04/15/2016, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

FINAL RESOLUTION: Tobias is still a douchebag. Turbokon is not a douchebag. Thank you.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jlued686

Quote from: esteban on 05/17/2016, 04:20 PMFINAL RESOLUTION: Tobias is still a douchebag. Turbokon is not a douchebag. Thank you.
<----

NightWolve

Quote from: mickcris on 05/17/2016, 04:13 PMi also dont think these "reproduction" carts should be sold either.  just because they are your friends doesn't make it right.  but that is just my opinion.  they are going to be sold regardless and that is fine.  but i do think they are going to trick some people into paying higher prices for them than they are worth like people reselling the pce works discs.
I was never really against unlicensed repros/bootlegs for de facto abandonware/out-of-print retro games (no moral harm!) as I think you'd have be a stickler to demand waiting out the full 50/75 years for the copyright to expire before doing them when the company no longer cares and has long since moved on to modern consoles/systems. I'd have to be totally against piracy to take that position which I'm not, my hands aren't clean, so it'd be hypocritical, but the point is, don't confuse/conflate hate/criticism of Tobias given his history as opposition to repros/bootlegs in general and pretend that we're now showing different standards for people here on that basis that aren't lying, document-forging, sneaky dicks in this hypocrisy-pursuit of yours where the facts have to bend to fit your desired narrative!

I'm NOT gonna treat turbokon and Tobias (let alone SmokeMonster) the same as you essentially demand, because they're NOT the same! And if you truly are against all repros/bootlegs in all cases, every time, good luck with that, and I trust you didn't buy a Turbo Everdrive (unlicensed/illegal product) and download ROMs (also illegal) or anything else in the past then because, news flash, websites that collectively allow free downloads of copyrighted materials spread it by the millions daily and do the most damage versus the slow distribution of a few hundred pieces of plastic a fan could produce...

The idea that the unlicensed plastic is worse than the millions of unlicensed daily downloads is based on jealousy if the plastic-producer makes a profit and the notion that the free pirate distributors did it for the love of it, and not of money, yet they're the ultimate damage to the copyright holder in terms of mass-destruction of legit buying-potential (assuming official product is still on retail shelves)!

P.S. A region disabler is also an unlicensed product and the console manufacturer would never give you legal permission to produce one as it disables a feature they intentionally added to their product, so I assume you have also avoided such devices and not helped unlicensed fan makers profit from such work...

Quotebut i was not trying to be an avenger for those other people.
When you attempt a sympathy play by stating that [Poor] "SmokeMonster got torn a new one", when you exploit the present support for turbokon juxtaposed against Smokey and his auction to suggest he was wronged in some way, when you distort/lie about the reasons for the anger at his auction to fit your narrative, yeah, you're being an "avenger" or "white knight" on his behalf... Apparently you might really think that's not what you're doing...

So, you would limit the characterization of what you're doing as say just "using him" for your hypocrisy-pursuit ?

Quote from: mickcris on 05/17/2016, 04:13 PMi know i said i was not going to post again, but i am.
Right, was not hard to predict as much... Heh.

mickcris

deleting this crap post. sorry

NecroPhile

Quote from: mickcris on 05/17/2016, 05:28 PMYou can make a distinction on  how they are different by who is selling them if you want.
Willfully ignorant to the end, eh?  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

mickcris

deleting this crap post. sorry

NecroPhile

Quote from: mickcris on 05/17/2016, 05:46 PMIf that's what you want to call it  :)
The only other options are saying you're a troll, stupid, or just a plain old asshole.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

mickcris

Quote from: guest on 05/17/2016, 06:07 PM
Quote from: mickcris on 05/17/2016, 05:46 PMIf that's what you want to call it  :)
The only other options are saying you're a troll, stupid, or just a plain old asshole.
Fine, i'm an asshole.  Really I should have just let it go and not responded to NightWolve in the 1st place.  This was not the thread for this discussion.

esteban

Quote from: mickcris on 05/17/2016, 06:19 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/17/2016, 06:07 PM
Fine, i'm an asshole.  Really I should have just let it go and not responded to NightWolve in the 1st place.  This was not the thread for this discussion.
The most divisive threads have been about Tobias/repros/profiteering.

If there is one thing Tobias can relish, it would be the fact that merely mentioning his name (and his past activities) bring out pain and frustration.

This is bad for us, of course.

It was nearly a year ago when I myself got caught up in an ugly thread about Tobias (and issues surrounding repros/profiteering).

Anyway... Don't let this one topic/thread stop you from enjoying the crazy shite in other threads.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

mickcris

It's all good.  I just feel bad about thread crapping turbokon's sales thread with this nonsense.  which I realize I should not have done and I am sorry turbokon and thesteve.  I just got caught up in the argument and I agree that NightWolve is a lot better at that than I am. :)

edit:

I deleted my posts in here.   not trying to hide what i said as its still quoted in nightwolves posts for all to see.  i admit that most of my argument was bullshit and i was wrong.  nightwolve just for some reason got under my skin yesterday and i let my diarrhea of the keyboard get the best of me.  again i apologize for all who had to read that, especially turbokon, thesteve, braap, and nightwolve.

StarDust4Ever

I am fairly new here but mainly signed up so I could lurk and post occasionally. Just wanted to say I think these Hucard Repros are awesome. The quality far surpasses that of the 3D printed Atlantean homebrew I bought last year (though that game is awesome).

I may be down for some custom 2-in-1 cards in the future, also a Magical Chase. Turbo games have gotten incredibly expensive recently and I've recently resorted to importing and playing through a Japan <-> NTSC adapter.

That said, there's a special place in Hades for people who would try to pass these off as originals on eBay (like the $1500 Magical Chase), so I'm thankful the clamshell cases do not match the original and every chip/card is imprinted with a reproduction logo on the back.
~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

viper0hr

I hate reproductions for games in all aspects, but this is probably the exception, CLEARLY  a reproduction from anyone who is not a complete moron. And a good price for some games most of us will never own :)

Nice stuff!

MasonSushi

Quote from: turbokon on 04/19/2016, 07:23 PM
Quote from: seieienbu on 04/19/2016, 05:28 PMAny chance of new system cards or arcade cards?
Not right now but we might look into this in the future.
Please let us know. I would love to have a US region arcade card. That way i wouldnt need to mess with the super system 3.0 card and it would work with all disk games. Very high on my hopes list.

turbokon

Here are some of the black hucards which are now ready for orders.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

StarDust4Ever

I love your 2-in-1s; those look great!

Got a white Parasol Stars and black Neutopia I+II on the way. I still need a Bonk 3 however. Been trying to decide what to pair it with for the 2-in-1 deal. I already have Bonk 2 and Air Zonk, and the PC Engine Bomberman trilogy.

Also has anyone who owns a RetroFreak tested it yet with these new repro Hucards? I can confirm my Atlantean homebrew with blue 3D printed card does not work. Repros should work in theory if the card is an exact replica of an existing game.

MasonSushi

I might order a Coryoon/Magical Chase combo cart, soldier blade special/final soldier special combo chip, or a Terra Cresta II/Tatsugin. I cant figure out which.......

Vimtoman

turbokon they look pretty cool.
How do they fair when used ?

Does the the resist wear ok?

wildfruit

Maybe I'm confusing myself and it's already explained.... But is it possible to have neutopia 1&2 in English, on a PCE system, on a black card?

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: wildfruit on 05/30/2016, 02:37 AMMaybe I'm confusing myself and it's already explained.... But is it possible to have neutopia 1&2 in English, on a PCE system, on a black card?
Yes, I asked. He's making me a 2-in-1 Neutopia with US ROMs using Turbografx byte order. You can specify the ROM region (US or Japan release) as well as the console region byte order (Turbo or PCe).

I believe even if you only order a single game on the black cart, he still has to burn two copies of the ROM. But having two games on a single card is more fun! :dance:

EDIT: US game releases do require a slight modification to run on an unmodified PC Engine. The Everdrive flash card and Turbo PC Henshin adapter perform this modification automatically so I'm sure the ROM protection is trivial to circumvent.

turbokon

www.tg16pcemods.com

turbokon

Quote from: Vimtoman on 05/29/2016, 06:21 PMturbokon they look pretty cool.

I would say they will be quite resistance to wear except maybe for the label.  They seem to scratch easily.  The chip we are using has a data retention life expectancy of 20 years.

www.tg16pcemods.com

esadajr

Thanks Turbokon and Jodi for making this a reality.
Gaming since 1985

Vimtoman

Quote from: turbokon on 05/30/2016, 10:32 AM
Quote from: Vimtoman on 05/29/2016, 06:21 PMturbokon they look pretty cool.

I would say they will be quite resistance to wear except maybe for the label.  They seem to scratch easily.  The chip we are using has a data retention life expectancy of 20 years.
20 years is pretty good.
You should put a production date stamp on
Might help some people accept these as just temporary alternatives to the real thing.

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: turbokon on 05/30/2016, 10:26 AMTrying something new with the dual hucard.

IMG
Neat idea. Maybe give buyers the option of whether to do stack the images vertically or diagonal. I'm thinking maybe do the horizontal strips for the card art (due to the small size, horizontal logos on cards would be easier to read) and maybe the diagonal orientation for the boxart? But some people would want it uniform.

Perhaps do a poll? :-k

turbokon

Quote from: esadajr on 05/30/2016, 10:41 AMThanks Turbokon and Jodi for making this a reality.

Don't forget about thesteve

www.tg16pcemods.com

synbiosfan

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

FiftyQuid

Wow!  These are gorgeous turbokon!  I've been away for a while but I still lurk and could not help but post when I saw how these turned out!   =D&gt;
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

turbokon

The Dual Hucards are now available in both the white and black cards.  Prices for the dual hucards are $65 plus shipping.  Also you can now ordering directly thought my website at www.tg16pcemods.com.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Sapicco

This question may have been asked already, sorry if it has.   Can I buy a pc engine exclusive game, such a die hard, and it play on my Tg 16?

turbokon

Quote from: Sapicco on 06/05/2016, 08:34 AMThis question may have been asked already, sorry if it has.   Can I buy a pc engine exclusive game, such a die hard, and it play on my Tg 16?
Yep and vise versa.

www.tg16pcemods.com

StarDust4Ever

Somewhat related: Are US ROMs still patched to remove region lock if purchased as US pinout?

munchiaz

These are very cool pieces. I'm fine with my everdrive, but homebrew games are pretty cool. Interested in the Megaman games. Great work guys.

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: munchiaz on 06/06/2016, 03:20 AMThese are very cool pieces. I'm fine with my everdrive, but homebrew games are pretty cool. Interested in the Megaman games. Great work guys.
Wait, the blue bomber got ported to PC Engine? Call me intrigued! :D

wilykat

Megaman 1 and 2 is playable on the real thing, been playing them off my TED.  A dual 1/2 card would probably work well.

Too bad no one tried to port any more MM games, maybe they got too complex and trying to change the ROM to work with PCE version of mapper chip rather than Nintendo's MMC chips wasn't practical?

CrackTiger

Quote from: wilykat on 06/06/2016, 05:33 AMMegaman 1 and 2 is playable on the real thing, been playing them off my TED.  A dual 1/2 card would probably work well.

Too bad no one tried to port any more MM games, maybe they got too complex and trying to change the ROM to work with PCE version of mapper chip rather than Nintendo's MMC chips wasn't practical?
There aren't more NES "ports" than there are because it's entirely a project by one person who came up with a way to get the PCE to run NES game code. Each game needs to be customized. There are lots of threads about it and you can read about it on Tom's site:

https://pcedev.wordpress.com/
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

turbokon

Quote from: StarDust4Ever on 06/06/2016, 12:20 AMSomewhat related: Are US ROMs still patched to remove region lock if purchased as US pinout?
Region locks are still in place for the hucard.  For example, if you want a pce release only for the us turbografx, the rom file will have the 8 data address flip to work on the turbografx.  This being said, you can opt to have a game card work on both pce and tg16 with the dual hucard option.

www.tg16pcemods.com

StarDust4Ever

Quote from: turbokon on 06/06/2016, 10:22 AM
Quote from: StarDust4Ever on 06/06/2016, 12:20 AMSomewhat related: Are US ROMs still patched to remove region lock if purchased as US pinout?
Region locks are still in place for the hucard.  For example, if you want a pce release only for the us turbografx, the rom file will have the 8 data address flip to work on the turbografx.  This being said, you can opt to have a game card work on both pce and tg16 with the dual hucard option.
That's not what I meant. An unmodified US ROM will fail to boot properly on a PC Engine even if the byte order is corrected. I was wondering if the region lock code was defeated in the US ROMs, whether or not the Hucard itself has US or Japanese byte order.

turbokon

Quote from: StarDust4Ever on 06/06/2016, 06:33 PM
Quote from: turbokon on 06/06/2016, 10:22 AM
That's not what I meant. An unmodified US ROM will fail to boot properly on a PC Engine even if the byte order is corrected. I was wondering if the region lock code was defeated in the US ROMs, whether or not the Hucard itself has US or Japanese byte order.
Yes, in game system check is disabled.

www.tg16pcemods.com

Tildius

Are you currently able to do the Rockman games?

p.s. I got my reproductions today and they are fantastic!

turbokon

Quote from: Tildius on 06/09/2016, 01:13 AMAre you currently able to do the Rockman games?

p.s. I got my reproductions today and they are fantastic!
We plan to do mega man 1 & 2 soon.

www.tg16pcemods.com

VenomMacbeth

Any word yet on whether translations will be available?  Valkyrie no Densetsu would be first on my list, but Gekisha Boy & SonSon II would also be awesome!
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

StarDust4Ever

Turbokon, I just sent you a PM. I wanted to add a Bonk III to my existing preorder if that's cool with you. :mrgreen:

Onslaught35

sirhcman

Quote from: turbokon on 06/12/2016, 07:27 PMWe plan to do mega man 1 & 2 soon.
Are you getting permission from the guy who ported the games to sell the hucards of them?

ginoscope

Quote from: guest on 06/15/2016, 01:50 PM
Are you getting permission from the guy who ported the games to sell the hucards of them?
From what I read he did get permission for Mega man 1 and 2 and would not release repro of other games without consent of the translators.

CrackTiger

Yes, Tom has confirmed.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

sirhcman

Quote from: ginoscope on 06/15/2016, 03:07 PM
From what I read he did get permission for Mega man 1 and 2 and would not release repro of other games without consent of the translators. 
That is great to know, I assumed as much but I wasn't about to go digging through a bunch of threads/posts to see if this conversation already happened :)

esadajr

still that doesn't prevent you from throwing a few bucks into Bonknuts direction.
Gaming since 1985

StarDust4Ever

I noticed Aetherbyte has currently suspended the sale of the Abcard Atlantean homebrews because they are looking for a higher quality Abcard replacement. I can't say I object much as my Atlantean 3D printed blue Abcard works great but I have to wiggle it around somewhat to insert it as the card is bowed a bit. Are you in talks with Aetherbyte to produce future Abcard homebrew?

QuoteAtlantean is released on the homebrew AbCARD, the first ever PC Engine HuCARD released in 20 years!

We have currently frozen new orders for Atlantean. This is so we can finish processing current orders, and move forward with our next board design! Thank you for your support! We plan to resume production of the game in the future.
http://aetherbyte.com/aetherbyte-atlantean_for_pc-engine_and_turbografx-16.html