@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - brizio

#2
Was wondering if anybody has a pdf scan of the Chun Li Fan book that came with SF2 at release. I would be curious to see it after reading something about it.
#3
An update was posted on Kickstarter on the PCEngine version. Would love to read a comment on it here...

Copy and paste (all typos are copy and pasted as well):

"The PC Engine Version is done by the Ahtherbytes Team but will be released some time after the Dreamcast Version. Because of the nature of the PC Engine, our game for it is no port but basically a complete stand alone version. We can not just take our C code and port it over. That's just not working in this case. The GFX assets however will be the same as the DC/PC/3DS version but that material is not complete yet."

#4
Random stuff I got today: Neo Metal Fantasy, Rock-On and Pac-Land. The last two are still brand new and are waiting to be opened tonight!  :D

IMG
IMG
#5
And today I got Wonderboy III - Monster Lair. Another old CD-ROM2 title I was looking for since ages.

IMG
#6
PC-FX Discussion / Re: PC-FX Mooks
03/14/2016, 05:39 AM
Quote from: guest on 03/11/2016, 11:25 AMI have Volume 3, I got it for about $10 maybe 6 months ago.  I also have the Rolfee book with the paper dolls and interviews.  I've seen Volumes 1 and 2 for around the same price or a bit more.
Would love to find them so cheap! They are apparently sold for 10x that price at least...
#7
Quote from: guest on 03/11/2016, 09:43 AMIf they don't know what it is, why would they buy it?  It's not like it's a candy bar impulse buy in the checkout lane.
While normally I would agree with you, I still think it's crazy to buy a bootleg copy of a prototype for more than 100€. I still think the buyer think he is buy something "real" and "original"...
#8
Do you want to see a really bad eBay auction?

http://www.ebay.it/itm/141916808083?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

Apparently a copy of the bootleg of Space Fantasy Zone was sold for 92€ plus shipping costs. I wonder whether the buyer was aware of what it is...
#9
PC-FX Discussion / Re: PC-FX Mooks
03/10/2016, 11:17 AM
Sharing all pictures I was able to find...

Volume 2

IMG

Volume 3

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
#10
PC-FX Discussion / Re: PC-FX Mooks
03/10/2016, 11:10 AM
Quote from: guest on 03/10/2016, 11:04 AM
Quote from: brizio on 03/10/2016, 10:54 AMDo you know where I can find pictures of these mooks? Thanks!
hit-japan has volumes 2 and 3 up on ebay now, and I've seen 'em from time to time on yahoo auctions as well (not surprisingly at much better prices).
Thanks for sharing. It looks like they are beautiful books. I'll search around to see if I can find a scanned version of them. But I assume it will be a real pain to get them...
#11
PC-FX Discussion / Re: PC-FX Mooks
03/10/2016, 10:54 AM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/10/2016, 07:19 AMThere are also the PC FX Best Charactors Mooks, which have CDs but they are for Windows/Mac. I guess that would count as "related" and the price would be more in line with what's suggested. The Super PC Engine Fan Deluxe issues do say "mook" on the cover but they look and feel like a direct continuation of PC Engine Fan, which was a typical magazine. I think these are probably the ones.

PC-FXベストキャラクターズ公式デジタル原画集

There are also three of them.
Do you know where I can find pictures of these mooks? Thanks!
#12
Another day, another package. Just got Dungeon Explorer and Galaga 88.

IMG
#13
PC-FX Discussion / Re: PC-FX Mooks
03/10/2016, 06:35 AM
I have the same feeling but I assume only Aaron would be able to properly answer this.
#14
PC-FX Discussion / Re: PC-FX Mooks
03/10/2016, 03:55 AM
Quote from: deubeul on 03/10/2016, 02:36 AMI think you're speaking about the super pc engine fan mooks.

Vol 2:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Super-PC-Engine-Fan-Deluxe-Vol-1-Book-Magazine-with-2-CD-ROMs-Duo-RX-NEW-Rare-/311009311277?hash=item4869997a2d:g:Tg4AAOSwirZTv~iL
Apparently not. As per the already linked list, they are considered something different.

Please find below the complete list copy&pasted from the website:

Known demo CD releases (Either compatible with the NEC PC-FX or related)

   
Title - Rating - Mouse? - Genre - Price - Cataloge # - SKU - Release Date

- PC-FX Mook Vol. 1 ALL No Mook N/A N/A N/A N/A
- PC-FX Mook Vol. 2 ALL No Mook 3,790¥ N/A 1929496037909 N/A
- PC-FX Mook Vol. 3 ALL No Mook N/A N/A N/A N/A
- Galaxy Fraulein Yuna FX: Trial Edition Hudson Soft ALL No Promo NFR FXHUD506 N/A 1995
- PCEngine Fan Special CD-ROM Vol.2 Contains Nirgends demo & opening of Blue Breaker ALL No Other 1,480¥ FXTIM001 N/A 07.30.96
- PCEngine Fan Special CD-ROM Vol.3 Contains demo of Zeroigar & FMV of Zoku Hatukoi ALL No Other 1,480¥ FXTIM002 N/A 08.31.96
- Super PCEngine Fan Deluxe Special CD-ROM Vol.1 Contains demos of Angelique Special 2, Yuna FX, Nirgends and Fire Woman ALL No Other 1,980¥ FXTIM003 N/A 01.01.97
- Super PCEngine Fan Deluxe Special CD-ROM Vol.2 Contains demos of Comic Road, Princess Rolfee, Zoku Hatukoi Monogatari and Last Imperial Prince ALL No Other 2,280¥ FXTIM004 N/A
03.01.97
#15
PC-FX Discussion / Re: PC-FX Mooks
03/09/2016, 11:56 AM
Honestly I don't know.

I am referring to the "PC-FX Mooks" mentioned here:
pcengine-fx.com/PC-FX/html/pc-fx_world_-_game_directory.html

There are three volumes under category "Known demo CD releases (Either compatible with the NEC PC-FX or related)". Based on the description I assume they contains also demo discs but of course I could be wrong.
#16
PC-FX Discussion / PC-FX Mooks
03/09/2016, 09:32 AM
Is there someone that can give me more information on the PC-FX Mooks (Vol.1 Vol.2 Vol.3) that are listed as demo releases? I never found a single picture of them and I was wondering what was the content of the included discs.
#18
Looks like you still have not received my personal message.

Anyway, please find below the data for the first few games, more will follow later.

Meteor Blaster DX Signature Edition

Track 01 Data  00:05:00 LBA=000225
Track 02 Audio 00:34:73 LBA=002473
Track 03 Audio 03:59:48 LBA=017823
Track 04 Audio 07:47:31 LBA=034906
Track 05 Audio 10:49:00 LBA=048525
Track 06 Audio 15:37:01 LBA=070126
Track 07 Audio 18:57:01 LBA=085126
Track 08 Audio 21:35:55 LBA=097030
Track 09 Audio 25:35:61 LBA=115036
Track 10 Audio 28:45:61 LBA=129286
Track 11 Audio 31:49:53 LBA=143078
Track 12 Audio 35:44:44 LBA=160694
Track 13 Audio 39:30:44 LBA=177644
Track 14 Audio 44:03:56 LBA=198131
Track 15 Audio 47:53:56 LBA=215381
Track 16 Audio 51:43:42 LBA=232617
Track 17 Audio 55:43:42 LBA=250617
Track 18 Audio 59:18:67 LBA=266767
Track 19 Audio 62:56:67 LBA=283117
Track 20 Audio 66:38:24 LBA=299724
Track 21 Audio 70:22:24 LBA=316524

Leadout: 72:58:27   LBA 328227

Mysterious Song - Second edition (pressed)

Track 01 Audio 00:02:00 LBA=000000
Track 02 Data  01:21:01 LBA=005926
Track 03 Audio 02:05:08 LBA=009233
Track 04 Audio 04:15:68 LBA=019043
Track 05 Audio 06:37:73 LBA=029698
Track 06 Audio 07:42:33 LBA=034533
Track 07 Audio 09:06:40 LBA=040840
Track 08 Audio 10:55:49 LBA=049024
Track 09 Audio 14:15:33 LBA=064008
Track 10 Audio 19:00:20 LBA=085370
Track 11 Audio 23:11:20 LBA=104195
Track 12 Audio 25:55:18 LBA=116493
Track 13 Audio 28:06:23 LBA=126323
Track 14 Audio 30:10:65 LBA=135665
Track 15 Audio 32:52:50 LBA=147800
Track 16 Audio 33:00:34 LBA=148384
Track 17 Audio 34:42:38 LBA=156038
Track 18 Audio 35:20:73 LBA=158923
Track 19 Audio 36:37:65 LBA=164690
Track 20 Audio 38:55:69 LBA=175044
Track 21 Audio 40:00:71 LBA=179921
Track 22 Audio 41:15:05 LBA=185480
Track 23 Audio 42:08:62 LBA=189512
Track 24 Audio 42:47:23 LBA=192398
Track 25 Audio 43:43:72 LBA=196647
Track 26 Audio 45:54:42 LBA=206442
Track 27 Audio 49:06:15 LBA=220815
Track 28 Audio 49:37:28 LBA=223153
Track 29 Audio 50:50:31 LBA=228631

Leadout: 54:44:30   LBA 246180

Revival Chase (please note needs to be confirmed as the copy I checked had read errors on the disc)

Track 01 Data  00:02:00 LBA=000000
Track 02 Audio 00:34:16 LBA=002416
Track 03 Audio 02:53:16 LBA=012841
Track 04 Audio 04:03:16 LBA=018091
Track 05 Audio 04:25:16 LBA=019741
Track 06 Audio 05:31:16 LBA=024691
Track 07 Audio 06:55:16 LBA=030991
Track 08 Audio 09:22:16 LBA=042016
Track 09 Audio 11:34:16 LBA=051916
Track 10 Audio 11:42:16 LBA=052516
Track 11 Audio 14:52:16 LBA=066766
Track 12 Audio 17:28:16 LBA=078466

Leadout: 20:04:05   LBA 090155

Ys 1&2 Special edition (Dark City Production, 2001)

Track 01 Audio 00:02:00 LBA=000000
Track 02 Data  00:09:00 LBA=000525
Track 03 Audio 02:04:06 LBA=009156
Track 04 Audio 05:12:66 LBA=023316
Track 05 Audio 07:52:04 LBA=035254
Track 06 Audio 09:58:26 LBA=044726
Track 07 Audio 13:45:51 LBA=061776
Track 08 Audio 18:26:50 LBA=082850
Track 09 Audio 20:11:09 LBA=090684
Track 10 Audio 21:50:09 LBA=098109
Track 11 Audio 24:47:42 LBA=111417
Track 12 Audio 27:25:22 LBA=123247
Track 13 Audio 29:24:05 LBA=132155
Track 14 Audio 31:24:32 LBA=141182
Track 15 Audio 34:25:06 LBA=154731
Track 16 Audio 37:22:56 LBA=168056
Track 17 Audio 39:33:51 LBA=177876
Track 18 Audio 41:23:40 LBA=186115
Track 19 Audio 42:17:19 LBA=190144
Track 20 Audio 43:56:07 LBA=197557
Track 21 Audio 47:50:15 LBA=215115
Track 22 Audio 50:35:13 LBA=227488
Track 23 Audio 52:29:46 LBA=236071
Track 24 Audio 54:26:62 LBA=244862
Track 25 Audio 55:29:72 LBA=249597
Track 26 Audio 58:02:10 LBA=261010
Track 27 Audio 60:47:67 LBA=273442
Track 28 Audio 64:00:56 LBA=287906
Track 29 Audio 64:59:37 LBA=292312
Track 30 Audio 65:18:13 LBA=293713
Track 31 Audio 66:18:16 LBA=298216
Track 32 Audio 66:58:25 LBA=301225
Track 33 Audio 67:20:48 LBA=302898
Track 34 Audio 67:39:65 LBA=304340
Track 35 Audio 68:13:27 LBA=306852
Track 36 Audio 68:24:18 LBA=307668
Track 37 Audio 69:29:47 LBA=312572
Track 38 Audio 70:40:65 LBA=317915
Track 39 Audio 71:46:44 LBA=322844
Track 40 Audio 72:01:58 LBA=323983
Track 41 Audio 72:49:31 LBA=327556
Track 42 Audio 74:04:69 LBA=333219
Track 43 Audio 74:44:18 LBA=336168

Leadout: 75:48:37   LBA 340987

I'll post here other TOCs as soon as possible.
#19
And yesterday I got Avenger. I played it quite a lot in "backup" form and enjoyed enough to buy the real deal. Was also cheap enough!

IMG
#20
Today I got Insanity and Pyramid Plunder from Aetherbyte. With these two games I supported the homebrew scene buying at least one copy of each new game published (well, I am missing Protocade on AbCard in reality but for that it's too late...)

IMG
#21
I do not have an Everdrive and anyhow I would prefer the real deal...
#22
Looking for a CD-ROM2 System Card 1.0, preferably from Europe Just missed on not so far and I hope to find another one soon.
#23
Just got an Arcade Card Pro. This way I'll be able to get my old CD-ROM2 Interface unit back in full order and ready to play all games. Now I just need a System Card 1.0 in order to play Altered Beast CD.  :D
IMG
#24
Playing Dungeon Master with the objective to complete it soon. Back at the time I completed it several times. Sherlock Holmes games will be following.
#25
Are you aware of any game that is incompatible with Arcade Card Pro/Duo cards? I assume Altered Beast CD will not work for sure as it needs SC 1.0 but I was wondering if the transition from SSC 3.0 to Arcade Card Pro/Duo added any other incompatibility.
#26
Waiting for the 2016 version, let's check the previous one!  :D

IMG
IMG
#27
Quote from: NightWolve on 02/24/2016, 07:19 PMHm, I looked in my PM inbox, it doesn't exist; if you sent a PM, it wasn't to me.
PM resent: now I can see it in my outbox.
#28
Living in Italy the scene was smaller than France and UK but still incredible.
PCE hardware coming from Japan reached us, thanks to a few great import stores (I can recall ComputerLand as being one of the first and Console Generation as being my favorite one later on). Popularity of the system was highly increased thanks to all game reviews appearing on the biggest Italian videogame magazines of the time: I assume the first few import stores pushed some units to these magazines to help them create a market for them.
Prices at the beginning were terribly high but with more stores importing hardware and more people buying them, they became at least reasonable (and by saying them I mean not cheap) if compared to officially imported products from Nintendo and Sega.
The scene and the market really exploded only when the RGB/Scart modification became the standard for all systems sold locally. A few stores were able to provide really nice mods that gave more people the opportunity to use their PCEngines with standard PAL TV sets: previously only people with multi-standard TV sets or monitors were able to buy and enjoy the system.
By the time there were several stores selling hardware and software all over Italy: even if the number of stores was never that high, they were covering most part of Italy and a few stores covered the rest with some very good mail order operations.
A couple of years after the US release of the TG16 Italy got also systems from the USA. Distribution of US hardware and games was a niche market inside the PCE niche market but was helpful to enable more people to access great games with less language barrier concerns.
The grey PAL Turbografx system (the one the NEC decided not to officially market) never reached Italy: not sure why but there was no interest by anyone importing it. Most units were distributed in Spain and Germany and I got mine from there.
Besides all the hours I spent playing games, what I vividly remember were the small meetings of PCE users I joined for a few years: at least in my area was not easy to find other users so a few of us were meeting at least one Sunday per month to play games, chat about the console and plan group orders directly from Hong Kong (a good way to save money).
During those meetings I saw a huge number of PCEngine games, all different type of hardware and a huge amount of goodies. And also some incredible stuff that the luckiest guys were able to get from Japan: the FM-Towns Marty and his great games is a good example.
One of us knew a Japanese girl living nearby (she married an Italian guy and moved over here): from time to time she was joining us during the meetings in order to translate articles from Japanese PCEngine magazines or helping us with RPG games. Thanks to her I was able to complete the last puzzle in Dragon Knight II and complete the game!
To thank her we were usually asking our Hong Kong contact to send us Japanese magazines and books (not videogame related) for her.
The last great year for the local PCEngine scene was 1995 thanks to the arrival of the ArcadeCard and the first games using it. By 1996 the system was not sold nor supported anymore by most of the stores and the market was flooded by a huge amount of discounted items and used stuff. Only a couple of stores continued to import systems and games even if most of their PCEngine support was limited to used stuff and new stuff was ordered only under specific requests.
By the end of 1996 we also stopped having our meetings: most of the guys were moving to Sega Saturn or Sony Playstation consoles and our meetings began to be boring for all of us: we had a common passion for the PCEngine before but not anymore at the time.
Anyway I still remember getting an email from one of them that was alerting me when he saw Dead of the brain in local store in 1999...
I am not in touch with those guys anymore but I will forever consider them friends.
And by the way, I still have my old PCEngine hardware and games and I never stopped buying games (for example all new homebrew releases) and by still playing the games!
#29
Another new arrival today: but it is not a game!

Pixellence Vol.1 reached my desk this morning. It is actually the second copy I bought so I can leave one untouched and read the other. :)

IMG
#30
Hi! I own all homebrew games released. If you are interested, I can provide you all missing TOCs in order to better protect all releases still not correclty recognized. I sent you a PM a few days ago with no answer. Let me know.
#31
Today I reached 116 games in my collection. The latest additions to the "family" are two western games released in Japan only: Lemmings (Sunsoft) and Builderland (Microworld). Both coming complete with spine cards.

IMG
#33
I thought it was for SNES and NES only based on this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/439982171/new-snes-game-sydney-hunter-and-the-caverns-of-dea?ref=discovery
Why the PCEngine version is not mentioned anywhere? Anyway, very good news! :)
#34
Both Space Adventure Cobra and Snatcher were localized in English for the Sega/Mega CD platform based on the PCEngine versions. How hard would it be to apply get the English text from the Sega versions and apply them to the PCE versions?
I saw some discussions on the forum already on this topic but no attempt yet so I assume that would be quite difficult... Still, given the PCE versions of both were not censored would be cool to find a way to do this!
#35
While more complex updates on the site would be welcome, I am just really hoping to see the new releases being added. As said, the tool is incredibly good and always used by myself.
#36
Hi all,

quick question regarding www.pcedaisakusen.net. Do you know if someone is still actively managing this useful website? I recently had the time to add all my PCE/TG16 games to my collection only to find there are still a few missing releases (mainly the last few homebrew pressed CDs plus Atlantean).
I have all needed information for the missing releases but I have issues getting in touch with the website owners.
If anyone can help, please let me know.

Thanks,

Fabrizio
#37
A quite peculiar release is Ys 1&2 Special Edition. I did like it quite a lot back at the time thanks to the new music selection. I know it's not something "original" but still good to remember...

http://electrohaze.com/duo/ysse.shtml

#38
In theory, development of Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs for PCEngine should start soon... As of today I am not really optimistic but still...