RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... BT passed away early 2023 from health problems. He was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - LETMEINPLEASE

#1
Dang. Oh well, PM'ed about a buying a set.
#2
who won who won who won???????!?!?!!?!?!?!
#3
Enter me please, Really need a number of these. Very cool of you do do this! Ebay ID is minus_all
#4
Nice to see another person looking to trade, pm'ed
#5
Cool thanks I will try it again.

Sorry for the OT derailment there
#6
hmm nm , did a avatar pic test, but its not working (any secrets to making a linked on work?)
#8
Quote from: esteban on 11/06/2016, 07:33 AM
Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 11/05/2016, 10:08 PMWow, what a fucking idiot. Whats funny is he sells shitty sports ps2 games for more than he sold that for.

Id say the take away is at least its nice to see that a collector got it according to the feedback. However it was like 3-4 days after that sale, 2 new list Bonk CD's came up on ebay both for over $1k so it would not surprise me if a gouger scooped it up just to flip it.
This changed nothing, sadly. It's like winning the lottery....it will never happen to you.

So, who cares. The profiteering continues.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

:)
Lol I know I know. I think my mind was partially blown and I needed to 1. See if it was legitimate, and then 2. vent
#9
Gamevalue only does ebay, not sure about pricecharting. So its only as accurate as averaging ebay sold values.
#10
Wow, what a fucking idiot. Whats funny is he sells shitty sports ps2 games for more than he sold that for.

Id say the take away is at least its nice to see that a collector got it according to the feedback. However it was like 3-4 days after that sale, 2 new list Bonk CD's came up on ebay both for over $1k so it would not surprise me if a gouger scooped it up just to flip it.
#11
Quote from: guest on 11/05/2016, 09:53 PM
Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 11/05/2016, 09:44 PMhttp://gamevaluenow.com/turbografx-16/game/air-zonk?gameid=3#WILD
Look at that jump for CIB...wtf?
It didn't really jump, they only started collecting data on this game in March '16.. if anything the price has gone down since they started tracking it.

Edit: I was looking at the "CIC" pricing.. sorry if I confused anyone :)
Unfortunately by default it shows CIC not CIB so you have to click on CIB (for anyone else that may look)
#12
Quote from: guest on 11/05/2016, 04:09 PMLast year I bought a minty Zonk box for the artwork to design a tattoo. It was an auction. The game was already selling and being listed at similar prices to today, for CIB with worn boxes. I think that I paid $40 for it. I remember that there were current BIN listings for the game and manual that I could buy and piece together a CIB copy for 1/4 - 1/3 of what people were asking and occasionally buying it for. This is why the term "collectard" was coined.
Lol nice. Do you have a pic of the tatoo? Id love to see it

Dont get me wrong I need a Zonk Box... but in the same breath I dont see why a box only on a avg. $150ish game with manual usually in case too... makes it currently a $500 game when literally months ago it was half that..
http://gamevaluenow.com/turbografx-16/game/air-zonk?gameid=3#WILD
Look at that jump for CIB...wtf?
Meh, I dunno sometimes the game market makes me want to club a baby seal, sell all my games and start a real life fight club or something
#13
Quote from: guest on 11/04/2016, 03:24 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 11/04/2016, 03:16 PMMaybe I'm just lazy but I don't see the appeal in this kind of grinding.
Me neither.  I have a real job..... and can still look at myself in the mirror every morning.  :lol:
=D>
#14
No shit I didnt know that was happening. Id assume that would do MS5 too? Shit theres about $300 right there.

Anyways sorry to continue the thread hijack. GL with the sale, if you weren't in CA I'd be interested in some.
#15
Yeah I dunno I just don't get why the box on Air Zonk matters THAT much vs. the boxes on 90% of the other games. Seems like some of these CIBs surge and then come down. Samurai Ghost peaked at almost 400 for a little on ebay and then a few poped up and with not selling they just kept going down and down and then I think finally the one sold at $199 and that took a while at $199 to finally get BIN'ed (yes I know it didnt have the box tray tho). All you need is just a couple out there to get prices back to sanity, let the impatient ppl pay stupid money. They will buy themselves out of the market for that game and hopefully more sane prices will eventually result. All ya need is for it is for the sale to pass the 3 months that ebay keeps track of it, cause that IMO is what really has made some of these games get stupid on price.  Cause look, that Samurai Ghost that sold for almost $400, isnt even in ebay sold anymore so now it looks like the top price for a CIB one is back more in the $200 range.
#16
Whoa, someone bought a CIB Air Zonk for over $499 BIN, and then one sold for $479 BIN...huh ok so a air zonk box only is now worth $350 supposedly lol?
#17
Played all of Last Alert, took me a while to realize you got new guns  :oops:  I like it tho, not the best, but deff. much worse out there
#18
Quote from: guest on 11/03/2016, 05:02 PMIt was never sold, the seller cancelled it.
Im just curious here, do you know that for fact?
#19
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bonk-3-Bonks-Big-Adventure-TurboGrafx-CD-1993-/291925943550?hash=item43f82464fe:m:mK_SCmnuz52jBiLdMEpGOkQ

I mean really? Is that really for fucking real? Who in their right mind would sell that for that?
#20
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magical-Chase-TurboGrafx-16-COMPLETE-CIB-RAREST-TG16-GAME-HOLY-GRAIL-WOW-/311012474307?hash=item4869c9bdc3:g:~3sAAOxyLm9TEm8c&autorefresh=true

182 watchers AND a good price, Shit Id buy that before someone else does cause thats gonna sell fast. If I didnt have a sealed one in my safe, and another sealed one on my shelf to show off to eveyone on youtube, I would! Plus its open and I dont play these games anyways...so only sealed for me!
#21
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 10/18/2016, 10:39 PM
Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 10/18/2016, 09:12 PMSo how are you selling games from these lots if they are currently back up on ebay? You made your post the same day the lots ended the first time. So you just knew someone wasnt going to pay you and decided to post here but then also relisted all the lots at the same time? And the 0 feedback new bidder has 75% bid activity with you.... Sure seems like someone is gonna get fuked here.
It was 100% until a couple of hours ago...
Lol nice.

Too bad, cause this douche has some nice games
#22
Quote from: Mighty on 10/18/2016, 07:19 PM
Quote from: 780racer on 10/18/2016, 06:14 PMWhere did you learn about turbo grafx? What makes you interested in them?
I was born in 1996 so I'm too young to have been around for the time of the NES (and TG16), but for some reason I like those consoles. I like the look of full set NA retro games collections, I think they look really cool on display in a game room and I've always liked rare or valuable things whether it's video games, comic books or baseball cards.
I was collecting NES games and kept hearing about TG16 on Youtube retro games channels and as I looked into it I found out that it's even more elite to have a full NA TG16 set and the total amount of games in the set is much lower than NES so should be easier to achieve.
Also I would like to start my own Youtube show and think it would look cool if I had a full set of TG16 in the background.
I heard there is a cheap CIB Magical Chase on ebay, would be a good start to your CIB set.
#23
So how are you selling games from these lots if they are currently back up on ebay? You made your post the same day the lots ended the first time. So you just knew someone wasnt going to pay you and decided to post here but then also relisted all the lots at the same time? And the 0 feedback new bidder has 75% bid activity with you.... Sure seems like someone is gonna get fuked here.
#24
Quote from: jonebone on 09/29/2016, 08:21 AMJust to add fuel to the fire, there's a lot of private dealings that are not public knowledge.  Maybe the last public sales price was $200 a few years ago but private bounties have been much higher.  A seller can use that to gauge the price and list much higher knowing he already has multiple guys in a range.
That sounds like the justification of someone who gouges...... [-X
#26
Honestly if you arent into fighting games than the CD route is a good one to go. The S-Video Output on my CDZ looks great, Id say better or equal to the component out on my OMEGA. If you arent playing fighting games the load times are not bad, esp. on the CDZ. And some games on CD are dirt cheap. And if you want to, putting in a region switch is a breeze. But a multi cart on a CMVS is probably the best, cheapest way to play on real hardware.
#27
Buy/Sell/Trade / Re: RAFFLE BONK 3 REPRO
09/02/2016, 05:05 PM
Quote from: khyron65 on 09/02/2016, 01:40 PMdamn it! I need 19 more posts to be eligible to win!
damn it, need to post whore it up too lol

J/K
#28
Off-Topic / Re: Ash vs the Evil Dead
09/01/2016, 07:22 PM
Quote from: spawnshop on 08/25/2016, 10:50 AMSeason to start very soon!!!  October 2!
Season one was pretty awesome, I dont look forward to much TV but this show I do :)
#29
Quote from: GoldenWheels on 09/01/2016, 04:17 PM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 09/01/2016, 03:15 PMAnecdote: I'm a Shinobi fan, so I wanted to get a genuine copy of PCE Shinobi. I "set" my price at $40 for cic, but most offered on ebay were $60+shipping or more, including a sealed copy for $80 from dr. orangejuicer.

I waited (as in a couple months), and finally got it for $35+shipping from Japan.

If you're an actual collector, the hunt is supposed to be part of the fun, which includes patience and networking.
This, this, so much this.

I've paid right around 20$ or less for most of my PC Engine games (shooters, action games, not crap usually) , and the BIN prices are frequently $40+ for the same titles. I just wont pay that, they're not worth that to me. So I wait, and get to "hunt" which yeah, is actually just stalking ebay hard with buyer alerts etc. But it's super satisfying when you get your game at your price, and it adds in that delayed gratification that actually makes you look forward to playing the thing when it  arrives your mailbox. What fun would just be buying everything on a larf? None to me (though I guess I'd like to have that kind of money....)

On the flip side, I've also struck while the iron was hot and maybe overdid it, but felt it was worth it because the price was good. If anyone here was the guy on ebay selling awesome PCE shooters in TZD cases with no labels, for 20$ BINs right after Xmas last year, I'm the guy who bought a shit ton of them. I couldn't resist, and I'm still playing through them.
Ditto. But this new rash of collectors doesn't seem to know how to do that. And its fucking prices all sorts of up.

Hey funny you mention that guy I also bought a few PCE games, a NIB Avenune 3 controller and JP Saturn Terra Cresta 3d from him too. He had a nice group of stuff and at good prices.
#30
Quote from: guest on 09/01/2016, 01:32 PM
Quote from: jonebone on 09/01/2016, 12:33 PM
Quote from: KingofGames on 09/01/2016, 12:56 PMWhat does this even mean? How are you immune to what games are currently, actively selling for?
Mostly patience.  If you're willing to wait for a better deal, the high water mark of one sale is not the sole determinant of value.
So true. If everyone wasnt so damn impatient to own it yesterday and speculated how much the prices would increase in the next 6 months then we wouldnt have soldier blade going from a $200 CIB to a $700 CIB in just a few months. (Im just using that as a example, numerous other could be quoted here) What happened to just saying nah, Im not going to pay that much? There is no apparent financial limit to some collectors causing massive and fast inflation of value. And that is called a bubble, And that bubble will pop eventually.

( #-o cant get my reply out of the quote box - not sure how to fix  )
#31
Quote from: guest on 08/31/2016, 10:57 AMI know for a fact that there's been sales this year for $50 or less, but no matter.  If you want to believe it's well worth $125, good for you; we don't have to agree.
Yep, there just was... like weeks ago, I picked one up in box for like $44 + Ship, but it is missing one sticker off the sheet...oh noes! lol no I could care less really. I think like 6 months before that there was some sealed ones selling at like 50-60 IIRC and other boxed ones 40 ish range. Problem is Ebay only shows 3 months of sold listings so Game values are so jacked up because enough people cant remember to 6 months ago or cared a year ago or more.

Want to vomit a little, check worthpoint for TG16 games. Bonk 3 (hucard version) CIB in 2010 was avg. a $100-125 (complete with outer box). Which makes this friggen insane : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bonk-3-Bonks-Big-Adventure-TurboGrafx-TurboDuo-card-cartridge-not-CD-/291861302337?hash=item43f44a0c41:g:K9sAAOSwvzRXxxAj
That just sold, start bid was 800 and BIN was $1125.

I'll admit, Im a bit late to the TG16 party. I got my TG16 with some games like 8 yrs ago at a garage sale and never really played it up until 2 years ago. And then I slowly started buying other games. My regret, I didnt start earlier or just bought more of what I actually wanted to play back then. The price increases are nuts here, Ive never seen increases this drastic or fast, ever. I need bonk 3 but I sure as shit am not going to spend $1100 on it. Not when I bought the pce version for $40. Problem is that TG16 is the next new thing to collect so there is a mass of new collectors and apparently they are willing to spend pretty much ANYTHING to get what they believe is "uber rare" Complete in box turbografx games and these are the results. There just isnt enough supply to meet the new rush of demand. It doesn't mean these games are rare like the ark of the covenant (though that thought is part of what is feeding this trend). Theres just too many impatient, new buyers and not enough people that want to sell there copy. Which sucks for the common gamer or casual collector like me, but at least its a little entertaining to watch. But you'd think at these prices it may drive new sellers to part ways with their games and then all you need is a copy of 2 of any game to sit on ebay stagnant for a while and then prices will hopefully go back to reality and not the hyped up over inflated plateau they are at now.
#32
Quote from: Mathius on 08/28/2016, 10:51 PM
Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 08/28/2016, 10:50 PMFrom what I gather these are all gone? (sorry rough to read 64 pages)

If not, I would be down for Dungeon Explorer 2 and Bonk 3 :)
Yes. All have been distributed.
Ahh, poop. So this is dead then (no more being done again ever?)
#34
From what I gather these are all gone? (sorry rough to read 64 pages)

If not, I would be down for Dungeon Explorer 2 and Bonk 3 :)
#35
Is there no limit to how much further some of these prices be pushed? Everytime I see a new price Im like ok, thats it, the peak and now expect the decline. Nope, next one is even more and the fukker sells!  Ebays short as shit completed/sold listings look up certainly is seeming to help those with game price amnesia as well. A little memory by those, would do us all wonders here who are still in the reality of moneys value.
#36
Quote from: esteban on 07/18/2016, 11:02 PM
Quote from: jonebone on 07/18/2016, 10:06 PMThat Turbolot is sketchy city, but the last Bonk 3 CIB sold at $900 open auction (pretty Minty) and Soldier Blade sold at $700 in about 11 minutes.  Considering that is $1600 right there, $2k doesn't seem like a stretch for the rest of the lot?

Way higher than I'd pay personally but I bet someone would bite at the opening bid.
Soldier Blade is not legitimately selling for $700. Shill bidding and scams, sure.

But not legit.
Sorry if a tad old, but I also find it hard to believe. The last boxed soldier blade I seen on ebay sold for $225 this past winter.
Edit... wait, I just looked at ebay sold...$1200 for a sealed one. Jesus maybe someone really did pay $700.
Who are these ppl. that pay these prices anyways?

I see the next round of retard pricing is up on Adventure Island and Neutopia 2 now, weee!
#37
Quote from: 780racer on 03/26/2016, 04:31 PMWilling to sell any of those games you have? Dead moon, military madness, Dragon's curse, and Super star soldier are  games I could use.
Right now Id really prefer to trade. Im more than willing to hear or look at any trade lists even if its stuff not on my trade list, sometimes I dont even realize I need it or want it till I see it. But after a while if this just doesn't really work out here and the couple other sites its on then yeah I will eventually sell some stuff.
#38
Buy/Sell/Trade / Anyone want to trade?
03/26/2016, 12:26 PM
deleted because its wayyyy out of date
#39
Wow Im sorry. I overlooked the very first thread in this section as its exactly what I was wondering / asking. Im quite slow sometimes  #-o

Well thanks for not crucifying me lol and thanks to everyone for the replys
#40
Thanks to this forum I just found out Forgotten worlds for PCE is bilingual! (Maybe I should have known that already? lol)

So it got me thinking, Is there any other bilingual PCE games out there?
#41
Quote from: guest on 02/22/2016, 11:59 AM
Quote from: guest on 02/19/2016, 07:11 PMLETMEINPLEASE, lol good nickname considering the registration process here.
Is having to wait a day or two really that big of a hardship?
In my first post I made here I explain that I tried to register 5 times... I believe it was over the course of a little less than a year. I never got activated or responses until I tried my current name. In between all that I also emailed the actual webpage contact us link about it, but never got a reply from there either. I also asked someone else on the neogeo forums about it and what to do and they just said yeah sometimes it takes a while....Im not whiner, I just didnt know what else to do after all that time.
#42
Quote from: guest on 02/19/2016, 07:11 PM
Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 02/19/2016, 07:04 PMPM sent with many annoying questions
LETMEINPLEASE, lol good nickname considering the registration process here.
hahah thanks, can you tell I was getting desperate  :lol:
#43
PM sent with many annoying questions
#44
NEC Console Resource / Re: I got in!
02/19/2016, 03:21 PM
Quote from: Sarumaru on 02/19/2016, 02:45 PMThe PC-FX has a few really good titles that really make the system shine. However, the library is very small. Hopefully this will change soon once people start developing new homebrew for it, which is something I have been waiting years for....
Cool, Which ones would you consider those to be?

Is their any shooters (shmups) for it?
#45
NEC Console Resource / Re: I got in!
02/19/2016, 02:30 PM
Quote from: esteban on 02/19/2016, 07:49 AM
Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 02/18/2016, 11:42 PM
Quote from: Sarumaru on 02/18/2016, 08:12 PMBetter late than never! And the PCE is a system with tons of great games. So, Welcome! Do you have any favorite games? :)
Thanks! Right now Id say Super Star Soldier and Blazing Lazers are my favorites.
Both excellent games.

Welcome, comrade. :)
Thanks !

Quote from: Bloufo on 02/19/2016, 09:05 AM
Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 02/18/2016, 07:06 PMNice! It took me almost a year and about 5 registrations to get a account here but I'm finally in now.
Sounds familiar.  :lol:

I had similar type issues here.  And that was 7+ years ago.

The more things change.....
haha, glad to hear im not alone. How did you finally end up getting activated?


And thanks to all for the welcomes   O:)
#46
NEC Console Resource / Re: I got in!
02/19/2016, 02:03 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 02/19/2016, 08:51 AMThe reason most people fail to register is because the activation email gets flagged as spam and is in their junk folder
I always checked my spam folder just in case, but never seen anything in it.

Getting into the neo forums was almost just as hard. It wasnt untill I emailed begging to get in that finally worked.  I was also told the same thing about the activation emails, but never seen anything in spam / trash.

Oh well, important thing is now Im here



So...seems like a good time for a noob question....I never really knew about the PC-FX untill looking at the forum here. Is it worth investing in? ie. good games worth playing? Sorry if thats very general, I know nothing at all about it.
#47
NEC Console Resource / Re: I got in!
02/18/2016, 11:42 PM
Quote from: Sarumaru on 02/18/2016, 08:12 PMBetter late than never! And the PCE is a system with tons of great games. So, Welcome! Do you have any favorite games? :)
Thanks! Right now Id say Super Star Soldier and Blazing Lazers are my favorites.

 
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/18/2016, 11:16 PM
Quote from: LETMEINPLEASE on 02/18/2016, 07:06 PMNice! It took me almost a year and about 5 registrations to get a account here...
What.

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/18/2016, 08:26 PMI hope you're not a bot, a gouger, or a lunatic.
I registered multiple times giving each one months in between because I had heard that approval can take quite some time. Generally I would just forget about it, and then months later try again.

No not a bot. I dont know what a gouger is. Lunatic maybe depends on who you ask.
#48
NEC Console Resource / I got in!
02/18/2016, 07:06 PM
Nice! It took me almost a year and about 5 registrations to get a account here but Im finally in now.

Don't be jealous of my awesome user name, I was getting desperate  :lol:


Anyways, just wanted to say Hi. Im a Long time TG16 lover, But Never was able to get one as a kid. I do remember Bonk on demo at toys r us but my parents crapped on my dreams and I never got one lol so when I got old enough I bought it on my own. Since then I find the TG16 / PCE my favorite systems out of all and maybe glad that I saved the best for last  :D