12/06/2023: Localization News - Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria!!!

OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - phishfat

#1
Relisted for $30 less.  Everything can be had for less than $200 US, including shipping.  Here is a revised link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270446680518

Again, let me know if you have any questions or want to see more.
#2
Hi again,
This week I've got a Super Grafx and RAU-30 adapter up on eBay.  The RAU-30 adapter is factory sealed, and the Super Grafx is in mint condition.  It is missing the manuals, but has all of the core components, including the box.

Here's the eBay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270443682601

I'm in the US, so shipping to here and Canada is much cheaper than getting one of these from Japan.  Let me know if you want more info or pictures.
#3
I'm getting out of collecting PC-Engine items (after having recently gotten in to collecting TurboDuo items).  Up for sale on eBay is a complete, mint condition Super CD-ROM2 unit.  I've tried to include the best pictures I could take, but feel free to PM me for more info or more pictures.  I'm also going to be selling a sealed RAU-30 unit and a semi-complete SuperGrafx in the coming weeks.

Here's the link to the Super CD-ROM2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270440734690
#4
Yeah, I did mean complete in box.  I guess what I'm looking for, is in addition to the operations manual and the other items you mentioned, was there anything else that it came with.  You know, registration cards, warning booklets or flyers - that sort of thing.  Also, every SuperGrafx I've seen has a styrafoam bottom and a cardboard top.  Just wondering if that was they way they came from the factory (seems kinda weird...).
#5
Just wondering what would be included in a 100% complete SuperGrafx system.  From what I've seen, it looks like the bottom part of the packaging is just a styrafoam box, and the top is just a cardboard lid.  But, what else would make a SuperGrafx "complete?"
#6
Sorry to post on an old topic, but I just wanted to give a shout-out to Arkhan for sending me an A/V cable.

Thanks for being such a great & honest guy!
#7
Well, I finally ended up just buying a PowerLine 0900-77A 13mA Universal adapter, and a 'Q Tip' plug from amazon.com and radioshack.  I wasn't comfortable with using my Super CD-ROM2 adapter, and the Sega adapters don't fit the plug.  It's really surprising to me the number of people who don't get the right parts with their Duos, when purchased from eBay.

Now I'm looking for an official AV cable, since I'd like to have all my systems complete.  A long time ago I browsed the tzd.com site, but recent visits have left me a bit skepticle.  Has anyone used their site, and if so, is it reputable?
#8
I was wondering if anyone knew of any sites that had images or details about what a 100% complete CD or HuCard game would include.  So, for example, I know that certain Japanese games have spine cards that are needed in order to be considered "complete."  This is the kind of info or pics that I'm looking for.  Let me know if I'm not being clear.  Thanks.
#9
Thanks for the tip about the Radio Shack adapter.  I read somewhere else that a tip Q also works, and that Radio Shack has a 10V adapter (the 273-1775 is 12V).  If, however, the 12V is OK to use with a Duo, then shouldn't my Super CD-ROM2 adapter work just fine?  I've hooked it up and gotten the Duo to work, but I've only left it on for like 5 minutes, because I wasn't sure if the 12V was too much...
#10
Oh, I forgot to mention, each of the adapters I listed has the same polarity as the Duo adapter.
#11
I recently purchased a used TurboDuo off eBay, and although the seller claimed it was "complete," it did not include a Duo AV cable or AC adapter.  Instead, I got a TG-16 RF unit, and a TG-16 AC adapter.  Of course, neither of these things work with the Duo, so now I have a system that I can't use (kind of, more on that later).  So, I need to know what I can use for a replacement...

Here is what I have to use at the moment:

a Sega 32X MK 2103 adapter
-IN: 120V AC 60Hz 15w
-OUT: 10V DC .85A

a Sega CDX MK 4122 adapter
-IN: 120V AC 60Hz 23w
OUT: 9.5V DC 1.5A

a Super CD-ROM2 (Pad 125) adapter (Japanese)
-IN: 100V AC 60Hz 22VA
OUT: 12V DC 1000mA

It looks like the Sega adapters are close in spec to the Duo adapter, but the plugs aren't big enough.  Are there adapters available for this?  The Super CD adapter has the right plug size, but I'm worried the voltages (in and out) are a problem.  Anyone with the technical know-how have any recommendations?  Let me know if I'm not clear...

Thanks in advance.
#12
PCE/TG-16|CD/SGX Discussion / Hello!
04/10/2009, 03:14 PM
Hi there,
I'm new to the world of the TurboDuo, but not to video games.  I just wanted to introduce myself and say 'hi' before I begin asking questions and figuring this whole NEC thing out.  I look forward to talking with you all.