2/13/2025: Localization News - Cosmic Fantasy 3-4!

Rather earth-shattering news in the PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16 community: Cosmic Fantasy 3 & 4 has been officially localized to English by Edia 30 years later for the Switch! Hard to believe! I know their script quality is poor given the 1&2 port but still good to see.
nintendo.com/us/store/products/cosmic-fantasy-collection2-switch/
Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Smashed Brother

#3
Bump from the dead!
#4
Bump!
#5
Bump!
#7
Bump!
#9
Bump!
#13
I'm not looking to do any trades, as I'm done with the whole gaming thing.  I am willing to negotiate on prices, though!
#16
Quote from: soop on 04/30/2011, 06:57 PMI'm interested in Dracula X and Parasol Stars, but I'm in England and it's still too much :(
I think they're fair...in fact, I have yet to see them cheaper :)
#17
I no longer have a PC Engine, so this game is useless to me!  I'd rather see it go to another forum member who could appreciate the game, so take it off of my hands!  Paypal only, please.  Shipping is to the US and Canada.  

CIB Parasol Stars - $43 shipped (slight orange hue on spine)

IMG
#19
Bump!  New shit!
#21
Bump!  New Stuff!
#22
Bump!  Removed sold stuff...
#23
Bump!  Get this outta here!
#24
Still available!
#25
Off-Topic / Re: Ouch
01/05/2011, 01:07 PM
That was complete nonsense!  On the bright side, I immediately thought of the movie 'Oldboy' when the music started playing...
#26
Buy/Sell/Trade / FS: Some TG16 stuff!
01/05/2011, 12:36 PM
Sold!  Mission all over!
#27
Buy/Sell/Trade / Mission all over!
01/05/2011, 12:33 PM
Thank you for playing!
#28
Bump for minor update
#29
Massive updates!
#30
Received my copy of Parasol Stars (PCE) in the mail today!  Love this game!
#32
Bump!  Added some new games and lowered even more prices!
#33
Hmmm...I'll have to try that out, probably on Sunday.  I'll post on here what I find out.
#34
Played some Dungeon Explorer II (PCE), then popped in the Sega CD version of the original Dungeon Explorer; yeah, totally different games but good in their own right.  But man, that DEII soundtrack is nothing short of amazing!  Then I headed online and played Diablo II with a buddy for a little bit and then after he left, I jumped in a game with some strangers.  This is my first time ever playing this game online and, well, I had a lot of fun!  My gf kept teasing me about it, but dammit she just doesn't know!
#35
Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/26/2010, 12:40 AMVery strange behavior, but I have to confirm this first when time comes. By any chances, did you turned on the 6 button switch?
No, the switch was in normal 2-button mode the whole time.  But I have noticed odd things happening in some games when I'm using the 6-button controller.  That'd be great if you could check this out when you get the chance!  Hopefully it's just a weird controller issue...
#36
Hey, so I've playing this game solo for the past week or so and enjoying every bit of it.  Well, my buddy came over today because he really wanted to check it out for himself.  We were playing for about 20 minutes when we entered the first candy store that you can visit when you come across the shopping areas (forget which one).  We each bought a few items and then proceeded to enter the inventory screen so that we could use them.  I 'consumed' my items with no issues, but after he did the same, the game froze while showing his stat increases.  Not just any regular game-freezing; the screen got all fuckered up and this incredibly irritating noise was coming out of my surround sound.  I couldn't even soft reset back to the bios screen!  So, I turned off the Duo-R and restarted the game.  Yeah, we hadn't saved either...

We got back into playing the game and managed to make it as far as we did before in less time.  Now we stopped at the bookstore and grabbed some magazines.  We entered the inventory screen again and I 'read' my mag with no issues.  My buddy proceeded to do the same, and once again the game completely froze on us as his stat increases were being displayed along the bottom!  WTF!?  Another restart, but at least I had the foresight to save our progress.

So we kept playing through the game and experimenting with different things to see what caused this freezing up.  We actually did manage to beat the game.  This is what we figured out:

- 'Consuming' anything from the 2-player's inventory slot would cause the game to freeze.  Now, books where techniques can be learned (Dragon Feet, etc) cause no issues, because the item 'stays' in the inventory.  Items that are 'worn' are also unaffected because they stay in the inventory slot.  It's only when the item disappears from the inventory that would cause the game to freeze up.  The first player can 'consume' items from their inventory with no issues whatsoever.  Eating food at a restaurant is perfectly fine with either player.

-  Also while playing, occasionally when my buddy died and I went to the next screen to resurrect him, his yen amount would be doubled!  Normally you're supposed to lose half of your money upon dying.  The 1st player will sometimes lose half their money and sometimes not, but it is never doubled.

My question is has anybody else experienced this weirdness?  For the record, I'm using the official PCE multi-tap, with a 6-button Avenue pad plugged into the first slot and a Duo-R pad plugged into the second slot.  Yes, the Avenue is on 'A' mode.  If this is not due to user error and turns out to be a glitch in the actual game, I'm going to be a little more than annoyed as this game wasn't exactly cheap to acquire.  Can anybody else help me out with this?  It would be much appreciated.
#37
Quote from: Mathius on 09/25/2010, 09:02 PMI am biding my time until I can get the US version.
Argh, so expensive!  But if I had an opportunity to get the US one for a good price, I probably would just so I can understand the story.  But $10 for this copy was too good to pass up!
#38
My retro-gaming buddy came over today and we just finished up about 6 hours of nerdtastic game-playing.  Probably would've lasted longer, but his clingy wife needed some 'quality time'...  So, we played:

Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari (PCE) - played and beat the hell out of this game!  Even despite the crazy difficulty level!
Super Dodge Ball (NeoGeo) - fun game, but I think that the NES one is slightly better.
D&D: Shadow over Mystara (Arcade) - spent quite a bit of time on this one until my buddy had to leave.  Great game!
#39
Received my copy of Dungeon Explorer 2 (PCE version) in the mail today.  No pics because my gf has the camera with her, but it's complete minus the obi!
#40
Played some Downtown Nekketsu Monogatari on the PCE with my gf tonite!  She always loved River City Ransom on the NES, so this was a no-brainer for her :)  Good times...
#41
Sign me up!!
#42
Quote from: hoobs88 on 09/21/2010, 01:58 PMI'm green with envy :mrgreen: Where did you get it?
From GameofJapan!  I think they still have more in stock.
#43
Finally came in today:

IMG

I've been trying to get this one for ages!  Best version of River City Ransom, IMO!
#44
Quote from: OldRover on 09/14/2010, 04:57 PM
Quote from: Smashed Brother on 09/01/2010, 03:20 AMNow that I'm 'grown up', my senses/reflexes seem to have dulled... :(
Interesting... my gaming skills are sharper than they've ever been... weird how some people get better and some get worse. :P
I think mine have dulled from just lack of use!  I don't get to play anywhere near as much as I used to back in my late teens/early 20's, which is strange because I don't really do much more than I used to...
#45
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 09/09/2010, 07:40 PMall great games!!!  Im a pretty big cho aniki fan so thats always cool.  If your a fan of cho aniki check out the last sunheart.  its a weird ass game as well
I think that it was a bit too 'erotic' for my buddy, though ;p  What is the 'last sunheart' anyways?  Never heard of it.

Anyways, I haven't played PCE for a few days...I've been obsessing over it for the past couple of months, but I've decided to give some of my other games a chance.  So I played:

Guardian Heroes (Saturn)
Duke Nukem 3D (Saturn)
Harmful Park (PS1)
Doremi Fantasy (SFC)
Parodius Da! (SFC)
Three Dirty Dwarves (Saturn)
#46
Had this waiting for me in the mail...

IMG

Only $30 on the 'bay!  I love the original PC Denjin/Air Zonk, so this was an easy choice.  The way it plays though is a bit....different than it's predecessor.  Different can be good though; sometimes.
#47
Thanks NecroPhile!  I just finished ordering the shit outta that game!  Finally....
#48
Quote from: guest on 09/03/2010, 12:10 PMIf nobody here is selling, Hit-Japan has it for $105.  While that ain't a sweet deal, it's about as good as it gets for retail.
Could you provide a link?  Is it on the 'bay?  I can't seem to find it.
#49
I've been contemplating picking the PCE version of this up, primarily because it's considerably cheaper than the Turbo version.  So my question is, do I need any knowledge of Japanese to play through this?  I don't mind a little Japanese language (I primarily play PCE games anyways), but I just want to know if it's going to be difficult to make progress in the game because of the language barrier.  Thanks!
#50
A buddy and I did some heavy PCE gaming today!  We played some:

Bomberman '94
Ai Cho Aniki
Double Dragon 2
PC Denjin
Fatal Fury Special
Monster Lair

Good times!  Later on I played a little more DD2 and finally ended up beating it on normal.  Now I need to play through on hard to get the best ending!  Awesome game all the way through...great music, especially the various compositions of the Double Dragon theme.