Sega Lord X reviews the Street Fighter II Champion Edition PC Engine port.
Main Menu
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - andrew23

#1
Thank you both for the help!
#2
Howdy,

Long time no post! Recently, I got myself a briefcase PC engine, and the CD unit was not working (that damned gear!) Anyways, I got a new gear, but as I try to put the split washer back on, it broke!! I've tried searching locally to no avail, and my searches online have turned fruitless.

I'd like to know if anyone knows or have found a replacement to that ring.

Thanks,
Andrew23
#3
If you are in or near Montreal, I might be able to help you figure out what's up. I do have a working power supply and an external av setup we could try to see if it works. From what I hear and have experienced the RF jack can be very finicky. Just PM me if we do decide to see what's up with the system.  I bet it probably still works :D
#4
Hmm... this is a good one...
1. PC engine LT (If it counts)
2. Sega Game Gear (I think it is well designed, looks sharp)
3. Atari lynx 2
4. GameBoy Advance
5. PSP looks pretty good too, I guess
#5
This sure looks like a neat adapter, Very simple too!
#6
Buy/Sell/Trade / Re: Free Military Madness
01/10/2012, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't mine partaking, it's very nice of you!
#7
General Gaming / Re: Sexiest game console
01/10/2012, 01:09 AM
My top favourite's systems are:
1: Mega Drive model 1 (Yeah, I said it)
2: PC-engine
3: Pc-engine LT (Damn, do I want one)
4: PC-engine GT (  :roll: 6th verse, same as the third)
5&6: Those smexy CD addons for the Mega Dirve and PC engine
7: Sega Master system, the thing's a beaut'!

That's about it. I can't think of any others that are sexy...
#8
It's good enough for me at least. :P
#9
Mine is Bert Raccoon from The Raccoons, a great cartoon I used to watch all the time. I thought it'd make a good avatar
#10
I'd have to say Aero Blasters, I really like this one.
#11
I've done that myself a while ago, it works well. Here's a pic:
/IMG_6835.jpg
Excuse the poor photo. :P
#12
I haven't heard of Dragon's curse, it sounds pretty cool. Though I've tried Bonk a few times (in an emulator), and did not like it. I think I didn't give it fair try, though. What pc engine platormers are worth emporting? If I do import a pc engine, it will not need any modifications playing JAP games, correct (I assume because CAN and JAP are NTSC)?
#13
I think it is actually pretty cool that you have to refer back to the manual during gameplay; that seems kind of immersive.
Instead of opening another thread, I have a couple questions (since I'm such a turbonoob).
What are some platformers to look for on this system? And side scrolling shmups?
[
I only own three games :P being Keith Courage, Aero Blasters and Ninja Spirit.
(Maybe it's time I get Paypal...)]
#14
I guess I'll wait for a better deal, or try to get slien crush alone, I guess, thanks for the advice!
#15
Hello everybody! It seems that turbo games are slowly appearing on online classifieds, this guy is offering these 8 games for 40$. Are any of these good (or great) games? Should I go for it?  :-k
-Drop Off
-Alien Crush
-Keith Courage
-China Warrior
-J.J. & Jeff
-World Court Tennis
-Power Golf
-Cratermaze no box or manual
http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-video-games-consoles-older-generation-8-jeux-turbographx-16-W0QQAdIdZ318772229

Thanks for any advice!  :)
#16
I guess you're right, but I'm running out of stores/ flea markets to check. Let's hope I find someone who knows a place.  :-k
#17
Off-Topic / Re: Random Pictures Thread
09/23/2011, 07:17 PM
I had no idea it was on Genesis... Thanks for the clarification. Now I want a copy. :P
#18
Off-Topic / Re: Random Pictures Thread
09/23/2011, 04:57 PM
Quote from: elabit on 09/20/2011, 11:15 PMShmup cat!
/33790559772293338620950.jpg
What game is that? I know that's the Boss from Stage 1 of Aero Blasters, but it displays the score (during a battle?), and what appears to be a mech in the top right beneath the charge-blast bar?  Also, the background differs from the US Aero Blasters.. Is that the JP release of Aero Blasters or something?
Sorry for going slightly off topic.. :P
#19
Does anyone know of any stores up here in Quebec? I've tried searching, to no avail...  :|
#20
If it's any consellation, I found that sillicon window sealer works very well to repair torn membranes (works perfectly)! I don't think I need to post photos/detailed instructions, because it's pretty self explanitory.
#21
Sounds good to me; I wouldn't mind trying a donair. If only it was that simple...  :-k
#22
I'm in Montreal, Canada. Yeah it's those rubber contact pads.
#23
My I button just stopped working in the middle of Ninja Spirit (%*@#!&). I would like a working pad. :P
I've opened it up, and found out the Membrane is torn (from overuse). Where are you anyways, bartre? I could pay for shipping via paypal.
#24
I'm playing Aero Blasters now. What a great shmup!  :D Can't wait to get my hand on more tgfx. It isn't called the Entertainment SuperSystem for nothing..
Also playing Ninja Spirit.