RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... BT passed away early 2023 from health problems. He was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Cleaning Vinyl Covers?

Started by Kan Yozakura, 12/13/2005, 05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Kan Yozakura

I'm new.  Hello to everyone; forgive my newbieness.  Anyway, my question...

I just got a Turbo Duo bundle,  and everything is mint/fine...except that a couple of the vinyl Hucard covers are yellowed to a nasty piss color.  Is there any way to safely bleach/clean them?

Keranu

I have some like that too, but I never even thought about cleaning them before. I'm sure they would be easy to clean just by soaking them in clean water or bleach, but don't take my advice :) .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Kan Yozakura

I was thinking about that...I've read some other threads on this board about soaking a PCE shell in bleach with great results, but I don't know how it would react with the vinyl.  If I had an extra, torn up one, I would test that, but I'm short. ;_;

MotherGunner

I think he's talking about the hucard sleeves.....I only have one that is kinda dirty, but havent thought about cleaning it.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)