@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Worst Turbo game of 1989

Started by guyjin, 06/01/2009, 12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

What's the worst game for the TG16 released in 1989?

Alien Crush
0 (0%)
Blazing Lazers
1 (2.7%)
China Warrior
9 (24.3%)
Dragon Spirit
0 (0%)
Dungeon Explorer
0 (0%)
Fantasy Zone
0 (0%)
Final Lap Twin
1 (2.7%)
Galaga '90
0 (0%)
Keith Courage In Alpha Zones
1 (2.7%)
The Legendary Axe
0 (0%)
Military Madness
1 (2.7%)
Moto Roader
2 (5.4%)
Ordyne
1 (2.7%)
Pac Land
3 (8.1%)
Power Golf
4 (10.8%)
R-Type
0 (0%)
Sidearms
0 (0%)
Space Harrier
0 (0%)
Takin' It To The Hoop
9 (24.3%)
Vigilante
0 (0%)
Victory Run
1 (2.7%)
World Class Baseball
3 (8.1%)
World Court Tennis
1 (2.7%)

Total Members Voted: 35

guyjin

It begins anew! Vote for the Worst Turbografx game released in 1989!

Turbo D

It would have to be my copy of World Class Baseball; I never could get that bastard to work. :x
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

dunno that Takin' It To The Hoop :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Windancer

That china Warrior just makes me shake all over! lol

RoyVegas

Takin' it to the Hoop is my vote.  I've never been a sports game fan though.  So I was biased on my vote.
All is well. :)

CrackTiger

Power Golf, although I don't think that any of these games are actually bad.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Nazi NecroPhile

Takin' it to the Hoop - The cheekily goofy sprites can't save the double fail of 'sports game' and 'basketball'.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

Pac-Land. I don't dislike it, its just my least favorite on the list. Kind of lightweight.

(followed by Tennis) *YAAAAAWNNNN*

everyone h8ing on World Class Baseball.  :roll:

JoshTurboTrollX

I'm the only person here that would vote moto roader..lol.

I like all these games on the list, really.  But I had a HELL of a time finally getting my hands on MR at a decent price, and when I finally got it.... gah.

No where near as fun as micro machines....  :cry:
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nat

Victory Run was one heap o' shit if you ask me. Honorable mention goes to Ordyne.

Arkhan Asylum

IMG.
 O:)

IMG
 8)


 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:


I picked Moto Roader.   I hate that game almost as much as I hate China Warrior haters!

 :twisted:
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

#12
IMG

It just came to me.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

VestCunt

#13
All of these games have something going for them, especially considering the time in which they were released.  

China Warrior isn't bad for what it is.  

Sports games are easy to pick on but these titles are actually OK.  Having never played a video golf game before (or real golf), I was able to pick up Power Golf, figure it out in 15 minutes, and found it somewhat addictive.  Takin it to the Hoop is lame but has decent play control and is an OK two-player.  Tennis has the RPG mode and Baseball is actually good!  

My least played game on this list is Blazing Lazers.  It's over-hyped, feels generic, and the power-up system is confusing.  I've always been more keen on odd-ball, underdog games, which is probably why I own a TG16 and SMS.  Honestly, I'm more interested in Cyber Core or Dragon Spirit (and later vertical scrollers like Raiden and Soldier Blade).
I'm a cunt, always was. Topic Adjourned.

TR0N

#14
China Warrior sorry all flying potatoes or not it's not enough to save the game  :roll:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

which dork voted for blazing lazer AKA GUNHED? :shock:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

someone dorkier than the China Warrior haters!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Otaking

#17
wow! votes for moto roader?? admitadly its not the best racing game ever but I had loads of multiplayer goodness playing this back in the day with a load of mates.  8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 06/02/2009, 08:15 AMwow! votes for moto roader?? admitadly its not the best racing game ever but I had loads of multiplayer goodness playing this back in the day with a load of mates.  8)
i almost automatically hate all overhead racing games, >_<

except Micro Machines.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 06/02/2009, 09:01 AM
Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 06/02/2009, 08:15 AMwow! votes for moto roader?? admitadly its not the best racing game ever but I had loads of multiplayer goodness playing this back in the day with a load of mates.  8)
i almost automatically hate all overhead racing games, >_<

except Micro Machines.
me including micro machines!! not really hate, but also not much like.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

VestCunt

#20
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/01/2009, 11:27 PMwhich dork voted for blazing lazer AKA GUNHED? :shock:
ME!  My vote is somewhat facetious, but I explain my partial reasoning in my post.
I'm a cunt, always was. Topic Adjourned.

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/01/2009, 11:27 PMwhich dork voted for blazing lazer AKA GUNHED? :shock:
Wasn't me. Blazing Lazers/GUNHEAD is slightly overrated in my opinion but still an awesome shmup.

Vic Viper

#22
China Warrior.  As I've said before, it's possibly the very worst game I've ever played on any system.  It's in the same league as the games in that piece of crap Action 52 for the Genesis, but here you only get ONE bad game instead of 52.  In a way, I guess it should get some credit for being more merciful. :lol:

Oh, and please don't rehash that "big sprites" argument.  Big sprites do not automatically make a game good.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Vic Viper on 06/04/2009, 12:45 AMOh, and please don't rehash that "big sprites" argument.  Big sprites do not automatically make a game good.
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Oh the sadness.

I always thought it was a fun mindless punch stuff game.

I do wonder what it would be like if the game used tiny sprites.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

exile

Quote from: guest on 06/01/2009, 09:17 PMIMG.
 O:)

IMG
 8)


 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:


I picked Moto Roader.   I hate that game almost as much as I hate China Warrior haters!





Why one Earth do you hate Motoroader?!!!!! Me and my homies spent countless hours racing and customizing those cars. Music alone was worth the price

 :twisted:

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2009, 05:06 AMI do wonder what it would be like if the game used tiny sprites.
Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu - Lite.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: blueraven on 06/05/2009, 03:30 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/04/2009, 05:06 AMI do wonder what it would be like if the game used tiny sprites.
Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu - Lite.
lol.  this is true.

yknow itd basically be KUNG FU for nes.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

I had to pick China Warrior. Even when I actually enjoyed playing it back in the day, it was a horrible game...clumsy, incapable, and altogether shoddy. I still play it once in awhile for nostalgia purposes, but it is certainly one of the worst-programmed games they ever released. Maybe someday I'll rip the sprites out of it and do a sequel on the Duo, lol. :)

I didn't play Blazing Lazers until about a year ago...and I was actually quite impressed with it, as it seems to have aged well.

I don't really "hate" any games...except one, and you all probably know which one it is. :P
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Otaking

Suprised to see votes for Ordyne and World Court Tennis, they're both decent games IMO  :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Sinistron

I voted Ordyne- the game is horrendous.
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Otaking

Quote from: Sinistron on 06/06/2009, 04:03 PMI voted Ordyne- the game is horrendous.
ahh ok, I have to admit I've not played it in depth just the first few levels, it seemed half decent from what I played  8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

TurboXray

I voted pac-land because it sucks.... not matter what the year :)

blueraven