PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueraven

Quote from: Tom on 06/03/2009, 11:46 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/03/2009, 07:13 PMis that picture Devils Crush?
!?... Hey!..... HEY!.... HEY(!), you're banned from guessing!  8)
No, and no.

Arkhan Asylum

Is that from Xak?

I didn't play it on the Turbo much but it looks fermerlir!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

blueraven

ccovell

Hmmm..... Dungeon Explorer II?

Failing that, Horror Story?

blueraven

Nope, if a hint is needed let me know.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: blueraven on 06/04/2009, 02:27 PMNope, if a hint is needed let me know.
HINT PLZ K THX

wait its not Xak III is it? lol. 

if not, then yessir give us a heent
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 06/04/2009, 06:04 PMHINT PLZ K THX

wait its not Xak III is it? lol. 

if not, then yessir give us a heent
No, it's a CD game.

ccovell

Hrrrmm, indeed.

Sylphia?
um, failing that, Sapphire?

blueraven

No, and No. Good guesses :)

Arkhan Asylum

Double Dragon 2?

Emerald Dragon!

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

blueraven

Tatsujin

it;s kinda very familiar to me. the palette etc. can you give us a genre hint? :D
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

spenoza

blueraven

All good guesses. It's an RPG.

Arkhan Asylum

Ys III

if its not that, how bout Sorcerian?

and, if those are wrong, is it a titty game?

blueraven

Ye......., no. Good guess.

and no.  :D

Arkhan Asylum

startling odyssey 1 or 2

or valeur!

yknow this is fun!  Its giving me more and more RPGs I haven't finished.

i better get crackin.

blueraven

Nope.

Its a SuperCD RPG.

IMG

Tatsujin

i've got a terrible easy hint from BR in the shouter, therefore i have to pass this round now :P

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/05/2009, 10:30 AMSeiya Monogatari?
crap. I thought I guessed that one already.

you better not be right!

so its not any of the xak games?

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 06/05/2009, 12:49 PMcrap. I thought I guessed that one already.
Perhaps you did, but your guesses don't count anyway.  :P

Tatsujin

on behalf of BR I say it's wrong.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/05/2009, 01:24 PMon behalf of BR I say it's wrong.
Okay.... how 'bout Sword Master?

blueraven

_Paul

Otaking

just had a look at the Screen-shot and my guess is close to pauls but I'm thinking Xanadu II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

blueraven

No, but very close.  :mrgreen:

Super CD RPG Hu-Video

CrackTiger

Quote from: blueraven on 06/05/2009, 07:05 PMNo, but very close.  :mrgreen:

Super CD RPG Hu-Video
Gulliver Boy!
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 06/05/2009, 07:07 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 06/05/2009, 07:05 PMNo, but very close.  :mrgreen:

Super CD RPG Hu-Video
Gulliver Boy!
:D Your Turn! You guys did great!

IMG

Arkhan Asylum

damn. i was sorta unaware of this game.

it sure looks purdy

blueraven

It's great. Really good cinemas, great color palette. I'm not sure how many games have the Hu-Video technology or what it is for that matter...

CrackTiger

Quote from: blueraven on 06/06/2009, 02:09 AMIt's great, Arkhan. Really good cinemas, great color palette. I'm not sure how many games have the Hu-Video technology or what it is for that matter...
Gulliver Boy is the only game that actually uses HuVideo. Yuna came with a bonus disc that runs a HuVideo clip before some art stills.

Gulliver Boy is an all-round awesome and fun game, if a little gaijin-proof due to its non-linear gameplay. It is a traditional RPG for the most part, except that you do a lot of sailing around the world. At one point, you wind up battling as a mecha in a coliseum with Ys gameplay.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/06/2009, 02:17 AM
Quote from: blueraven on 06/06/2009, 02:09 AMIt's great, Arkhan. Really good cinemas, great color palette. I'm not sure how many games have the Hu-Video technology or what it is for that matter...
Gulliver Boy is the only game that actually uses HuVideo. Yuna came with a bonus disc that runs a HuVideo clip before some art stills.

Gulliver Boy is an all-round awesome and fun game, if a little gaijin-proof due to its non-linear gameplay. It is a traditional RPG for the most part, except that you do a lot of sailing around the world. At one point, you wind up battling as a mecha in a coliseum with Ys gameplay.
Mecha?

Im sold. :)

I love Yuna's huvideo clip.  good happy times.

i sing the yuna theme song at work alot and get weird stares. 

well, its mostly me humming it obnoxiously and adding the instrumental stuff and sfx, but yeah....

lol

blueraven

Well
Quote from: guest on 06/06/2009, 02:17 AMGulliver Boy is the only game that actually uses HuVideo. Yuna came with a bonus disc that runs a HuVideo clip before some art stills.
lol. Good hint then :)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: blueraven on 06/06/2009, 04:50 AMWell
Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/06/2009, 02:17 AMGulliver Boy is the only game that actually uses HuVideo. Yuna came with a bonus disc that runs a HuVideo clip before some art stills.
lol. Good hint then :)
lol

so whens the next quiz....?

NecroPhile

Hey, Black Tiger!  Wake up; it's your turn.  :D

blueraven

BT, I give you 2 hours before I commandeer your turn  :mrgreen:

Forgiveness, please.

CrackTiger

This evening will be my first chance to whip something up if you'd like to wait until tomorrow to take my spot.

blueraven

:mrgreen: no problem. sorry to rush!

CrackTiger

blueraven

CrackTiger

guyjin

CrackTiger

blueraven

ccovell

Sylphia?  The colour scheme looks either like Compile or NEC Avenue...

Arkhan Asylum

I do believe thats Farjius no Jakoutei: Neo Metal Fantasy