RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Were do I find gold plated phono and s-video jacks?

Started by Sensato Black Lion, 08/05/2009, 09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sensato Black Lion

I don't know if I'm asking this at the right place but I'm looking for panel mount connectors exactly like these:

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/Rockguard/Sega/CloseupforGTZ4.jpg

Can anyone help me find a reliable source for those? Thanks!

kattare

Try these guys.  Last time I ordered here, they had to backorder the yellow ones, but I got 'em eventually:

http://www.action-electronics.com/audioconnectors.htm#Rca
Webhost by day, (www.kattare.com) retro gamer by night.

Sensato Black Lion

Thanks for the link. Looked great, too bad do they offer internationnal shipping. :(

kattare

doh.

Quebec's a pretty big city isn't it?  No electronics stores around there anywhere?  Man, I'd kill to live in a big city with a good electronics store in driving range.

Sensato Black Lion

I'm actually in a smaller city than Quebec, (located in the province of Quebec) and used to do my components shopping in 2 local electronics shops but ended up realizing that I was paying much more if I bought there than on-line. A mod could cost me twice as much, and they often didn't have everything I was looking for in stock.

I still go there occasionally but they don't have gold plated RCA jacks nor gold plated chassis mount s-video connector. Radio-Shack has some standard gold plated phono jacks but they're asking 3$ a piece, which is around 3 times more than what I'm willing to pay for those.)

blueraven

I'm also looking for these at a decent price.  I went to three electronics supply stores in California (not RadioShack), and found that gold-plated RCA jacks were indeed $3 apiece.

The Gold-Plated S-Video jack, i was told, would be an "online item" at around $5. I'm confident something will turn up online. If I find anything cheap enough I will follow up on this thread.

kattare

dunno about the s-video jack, but the link I posted before should be ideal for a californian.  They're in Santa Ana - $0.75/ea on the gold rca jacks.  ;-)

blueraven

I'll definitely be placing an order there, thanks kattare!