@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Your next TG/PCE game?

Started by akamichi, 02/06/2006, 08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akamichi

Just wondering what people have been trying to pick up.  I personally have been looking for Bonanza Bros for a while.  I managed to find a beat up copy, but I thought the person was asking for way too much so I passed.  

Been thinking of getting some games from TZD that I haven't played yet.  I think I'll get It Came from the Desert.  I had it on the Amiga and liked it.  Never even seen the TG CD version.  

I've bought some games on the recommendation of people on this list and haven't been disappointed.  My most recent game is Blood Gear.  Can't wait to dive into it.

TR0N

Got a few in mind.

Godpanic/dunno i haven't seen it much lately.
Rayxanber III/Sure II is easy to come by but i want III frist :oops:
Legend of Hero Toma
Macross 2306
Emerald Dragon

I still got my eye on, Slyphia and, Nexzr but i'll get those for last since there expensive.

Still i've slow down on buying games for my Duo-R.

Right now i'm just working on getting more games for my, Famicom frist. Then i'll switch back to shopping for pce games.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

rolins

Got my eye on...

Psychic Storm
Steam Heart's
Kyuukyoku Tiger
Gunhed (want to replace old one which is in bad shape)
Spriggan (I have this, but I want the spine card)

Quote from: "Tron"Got a few in mind.

Legend of Hero Toma
Macross 2306
Emerald Dragon

I still got my eye on, Slyphia and, Nexzr but i'll get those for last since there expensive.

Right now i'm just working on getting more games for my, Famicom frist. Then i'll switch back to shopping for pce games.

Rayxanber III is fantastic shooter, but the difficultly might disapoint you. Kinda easy.

Slyphia is overrated. It's not a bad game, but not worth the $100+ it goes for.

Ninja Spirit

More likely both Genpei Toumadens.

pixeljunkie

Trying to catch up on some HuCards....I won a Beyond Shadowgate on eGay not that long ago...but the seller flaked.  :roll:

Currently hunting for a complete Soldier Blade [shipped for around $30 or less]

Keranu

I think I'm leaning towards Snatcher, the two Cobra games, and basically anything I don't have for American releases. I'm getting some good stuff in the mail soon, including Macross 2036, which I can't wait for.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

CrackTiger

I mostly now just looking for decent PCE HuCards that I don't have and any Turbochips that I'm missing.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TJ

I've got a bit over 40 games for the system, but I'm still working on picking up some of what I guess would be considered the most 'basic' foundations of a PCE/Turbo collection...

I don't have any of the Tengai Makyo games yet, but they're cheap and easy to find (I do however own Tengai Makyo Shin Den/Kabuki Klash for the Neo Geo AES, go figure). I still gotta get Devil's Crush, I'm kinda holding out to find a copy for under 30 bucks, but it looks like I may have to bite and pay the going rate for that one. I'd like both Gunbuster games (2 is easy to find, 1 a little less so), and I still need Snatcher, any of the Shockman games, Rayxanbers, Spriggan, and Download.

Those are the games I'm my eye on, but I really haven't been buying Turbo/PCE stuff lately...trying to save money for some new tattoo equipment and a trip to the Pacific Northwest!

Dark Fact

Here's a list for all available eBay auctions for TurboGrafx.  You may want to take a look and see anything that catches your interest.

eBay list of TurboGrafx games
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

TR0N

Quote from: "rolins"Got my eye on...

Psychic Storm
Steam Heart's
Kyuukyoku Tiger
Gunhed (want to replace old one which is in bad shape)
Spriggan (I have this, but I want the spine card)

Quote from: "Tron"Got a few in mind.

Legend of Hero Toma
Macross 2306
Emerald Dragon

Rayxanber III is fantastic shooter, but the difficultly might disapoint you. Kinda easy.

Slyphia is overrated. It's not a bad game, but not worth the $100+ it goes for.
I've read the reviews on, Rayxanber III that's the reason it's so wanted it's easy compare to II.

Slyphia is over rated i just want it for it's theme :wink:
IMG

akamichi

Quote from: "Tron"I've read the reviews on, Rayxanber III that's the reason it's so wanted it's easy compare to II.
Yeah, since II is more or less impossible.  Great game, but simply impossible.  Of course I'm exaggerating a little, but seriously, this game is very brutal.  I couldn't even beat it using slow motion!

Quote from: "Tron"Slyphia is over rated i just want it for it's theme :wink:
If you're implying what I think you're implying, then I think the game you want is Steam Heart's. 8)

rolins

Steam Heart's is actually a good game. Its a vertical shooter and it has booster thrusters like Rayxanber III which I enjoy alot. The ability to zoom to the other side of the screen to dodge bullets is very cool. Steam Heart's has hentai cutscenes, so it's not for everyone. The hentai scenes is small compare to Steam Hearts's on the NEC PC98, which has complete sex scenes with japanese blur censorship. But the pce port is much better than the pc98 port overall because it has better gameplay and music.

Ninja Spirit

8)  There's a Son Son II with my name on it on ebay. I think I'll cop that.

TR0N

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"8)  There's a Son Son II with my name on it on ebay. I think I'll cop that.
Good i have it also, NEC did a good job making it a follow up.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: "akamichi"
Quote from: "Tron"I've read the reviews on, Rayxanber III that's the reason it's so wanted it's easy compare to II.
Yeah, since II is more or less impossible.  Great game, but simply impossible.  Of course I'm exaggerating a little, but seriously, this game is very brutal.  I couldn't even beat it using slow motion!

Quote from: "Tron"Slyphia is over rated i just want it for it's theme :wink:
If you're implying what I think you're implying, then I think the game you want is Steam Heart's. 8)
SteamHearts is another expensive title i'll probably get that for last :P
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Son Son II can wait.

I got a nice deal for a Gradius Hucard.  I gotta mail a money order for 15 bucks and I'm too lazy to go to the Post Office. Unless one of you paypal users can make my life easier by trading 15 bucks in paypal money in exchange for 15 money order and I can seal the deal today and get the game quicker.

Keranu

I wish I could do that too. I can't get a credit card yet :( , so I can only use my bro's Pay Pal sometimes. I'm always making MOs.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

radiantgun

Waiting for me postie to deliver me -

Son son II
Gunhead
Final Soldier
Star Parodia cd
Super Raiden cd
Image Fight
Photo Boy
Adventure Island
Gotzendiener cd

I've spent to much AGAIN m thinks  :D

JoshTurboTrollX

Looking to pick up Gradius II (SCD) pretty soon.  just got Parodius and Gradius I for Hucard, very impressive games!!

TurboSage
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

VestCunt

i have
Hit the Ice
Jack Nicklaus Turbo golf Cd
Devils Crush
Super Star Soldier
Space Invaders
Super Raiden
Downtown Nekketsu Soreyuke Daiundoukai
and Vasteel 2
all coming in the mail
Topic Adjourned.

TR0N

Last pce games i got were, ImageFight2 and Godpanic :)
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

I want Horror Story, & I want to pick up Sylphia again, I wish I had never sold it :P   I also want Galaxy Deka Gayvan, KO Century Beast(which, I used to have, but sold, but now I have the anime :P ), Madou Monogatari, Renny Blasters(if I ever find it cheap by chance).  I think I pretty much have everything else I've ever wanted.  There's probably a few rpg's like Travellers that I would like to own someday.
IMG

akamichi

I'm currently looking for Kiaidan 00.  Haven't heard much about it, but looks like an interesting shooter game.  Seems to be like Spriggan Mk II.  Also looking for Travelers but that seems to be a little pricey to me.

Still need to play all the other games I got recently. :(

ParanoiaDragon

I've seen Travellers go for around 30-40, but, I just wasn't interested in it at the time.  Kiaden is pretty cool, not my favorite shooter, but still worth having, no doubt!  It does seem to be pretty rare from what I recall.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: "akamichi"I'm currently looking for Kiaidan 00.  Haven't heard much about it, but looks like an interesting shooter game.  Seems to be like Spriggan Mk II.  Also looking for Travelers but that seems to be a little pricey to me.

Still need to play all the other games I got recently. :(
There's a nice review of Kiaidan 00 at, hmmmmmm...., honestgamers.com (I'm pretty sure) written by an occasional visitor to these forums. I often think that he can be tongue-in-cheek with his writing, so I don't know if he's 100% sincere with his Kiaidan review or laying it on a bit thick and having a good laugh. Either way, however, it is enjoyable to read. I've wanted to get this game for a while... and I was eyeing it at wolfgames -- no one was buying it for $50-60... as soon as wolfgames had one of their "clearance sales", though, some lucky bastard snatched it up before I could (I must have missed it by an hour or two, it would have been $25). I've never seen it cheaper than that (in usa). Someone also got Crystal Beans (SFC) for $15-20 complete in box before I could get it during the same clearance sale. BASTARDS!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

Zig was the person who gave the good words on Kiaiden 00, by the way :P . He's the person who got me interested in the game and I want to try looking for it sometime.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: "Keranu"Zig was the person who gave the good words on Kiaiden 00, by the way :P . He's the person who got me interested in the game and I want to try looking for it sometime.
I was purposefully trying to be cryptic! I wanted to pique everyone's interest :) ...

Keranu

;)

Haha, I only read the first two lines of what you posted, I totally didn't notice the other stuff you wrote to sound cryptic. Whoops, sorry I spoiled it!
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Heh, I picked up Crystla Beans on Ebay for like 10 bucks, maybe a little more :P   You should just make Ebay do a constant search for Crystal Beans, that's what I do with alot of stuff I'm still looking for.  I think I paid around 30 or 40 for Kiaiden several years ago, for my old PCE dealer, whose name now escapes me, I used to get SO MUCH from the guy, he'd go searching for whatever I asked for in Akihabara, but I think he ended up giving up that venture, & concentrating on his regular job IIRC.  Most of my prized games I got from him, & he had great prices, sometimes gave me stuff for the price he paid, just as a bonus along with other games :)   Got a minty fresh Radiant Silvergun from him for $120 among other things.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: "ParanoiaDragon"I want Horror Story, & I want to pick up Sylphia again, I wish I had never sold it :P   I also want Galaxy Deka Gayvan, KO Century Beast(which, I used to have, but sold, but now I have the anime :P ), Madou Monogatari, Renny Blasters(if I ever find it cheap by chance).  I think I pretty much have everything else I've ever wanted.  There's probably a few rpg's like Travellers that I would like to own someday.
Crap, Horror Story ...  I lost patience with it, but I'll have to start playing it again. This is the Toaplan "run-n-gunner" we're talking about, right?

Has anyone seen Renny Blaster for sale? I've never seen it (not that I've been looking). I'm just curious... what does it go for? $$$ ?

mamonohunter

My next game is Castlevania Rondo Of Blood, Im very glad to finally owning it.. soon. The deal was also including a PCE + CDROM2 interface unit and CDROM2, 1 controller, Arcade Pro Card, and Star Parodia. Everything will cost me around 220 $, maeby not a killerbargain but defenitely worth it  :)

Ninja Spirit

Hey mamo, where you been hiding at?

mamonohunter

QuoteHey mamo, where you been hiding at?
Hi there Ninja, I havent post so much lately unfortunately and I miss it, this is one of my VERY few (2) fav-forums after all :) It just came to my mind about some other games I maybe will buy next month, can someone identify them for me:

/12qk.jpg
/22cj.jpg
/39lu.jpg
/41rm.jpg
/59ii.jpg

MotherGunner

Im still looking for Coryoon,  damn I want that game.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

GUTS

Looks like-

Langrisser

Some shitty digital comic by Konami I believe

Bikkuriman World (Wonderboy II if I remember correctly)

La Place No Ma (pretty cool horror RPG, hard to play though with no jap knowledge)

Looks like Cosmic Fantasy, but I don't know.

CrackTiger

Quote from: "mamonohunter"

Hi there Ninja, I havent post so much lately unfourtainly and I miss it, this is one of my VERY few (2) fav-forums after all :) It just came to my mind about some other games I maeby will buy next month, can someone identify them for me:

/12qk.jpg

/22cj.jpg

/39lu.jpg

/41rm.jpg

/59ii.jpg

That konami game is Tokimeki Memorial, which looks like either a dating game or school sim for girls.

The Bikkuriman World game you've pictured is a board game or something(I don't like it). The Wonderboy II/MW Bikkuriman World game is the HuCard.

And yes, that last game is the original Cosmic Fantasy.

As far as I remember, pretty much all of those games should run you around $5 or less each individually and up to $10 for Langrisser or Cosmic Fantasy. So I wouldn't pay much more than $25 for the lot.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Wow, that's a great deal you got for all that stuff!
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Son Son II is next on deck.

Just ebay BIN'ed it.

Keranu

3x3 Eyes (Thanks Aaron) and Hawk F-123 are my next games coming.
IMG

mamonohunter

Quote from: guest
Quote from: mamonohunter
Hi there Ninja, I havent post so much lately unfortunately and I miss it, this is one of my VERY few (2) fav-forums after all :) It just came to my mind about some other games I maybe will buy next month, can someone identify them for me:
/59ii.jpg
That konami game is Tokimeki Memorial, which looks like either a dating game or school sim for girls.
The Bikkuriman World game you've pictured is a board game or something(I don't like it). The Wonderboy II/MW Bikkuriman World game is the HuCard.
And yes, that last game is the original Cosmic Fantasy.
As far as I remember, pretty much all of those games should run you around $5 or less each individually and up to $10 for Langrisser or Cosmic Fantasy. So I wouldn't pay much more than $25 for the lot.
Thanks for your help, and I think I buy them all. Could be worth owning if Im learning japanese one day. That Bikkuri Man Daijikai game seems very weird though :?,

http://www.videogameden.com/cdrom.htm?bid

akamichi

Yeah, that Bukkuriman Daijikai "game" really isn't a game at all.  It's probably just like that dinosaur encyclopedia game although I haven't seen the dinosaur game.

My cousin and I went though the entire Bikkuriman universe way back when.  Neither of us knew any Japanese but we managed to answer all the questions in the quizzes.  I'm surprised both of us had the patience to go all the way through.

As for the other games pictured earlier, I actually liked Tokimeki Memorial.  I'm not a big fan of those dating sim type games, but there's a lot going for it.  There's a _ton_ of speech... lip-synced too!  Plus, there's a number of mini-games.  Not too complicated but interesting.  Supposedly there's a mini-shooting Gradius-like game in there somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it.  

And finally, AFAIK, this is probably the first ever console dating sim game.  Another PCE first. :)  Unfortunately, it was also the start of a billion other console dating sims. :shock:

Ninja Spirit

Oh yeah speaking of dating simulators, what is that one dating simulator called or better yet, what is the Japanese name of it? I recently found a CD-R of it lying around the house which I totally forgot I had, and the guy who wrote the title as "Classmates". I'm afraid to put it in my Duo R, the last time I messed with it was when I had my black PCE Duo.

I never got to play it because when after I pressed Run after turning on the machine, I got a nicely drawn face closeup of a anime woman which looks like to be having sex and some Japanese text that translates to Maxed Out Memory but back then I didn't know what that meant.

akamichi

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"Oh yeah speaking of dating simulators, what is that one dating simulator called or better yet, what is the Japanese name of it? I recently found a CD-R of it lying around the house which I totally forgot I had, and the guy who wrote the title as "Classmates". I'm afraid to put it in my Duo R, the last time I messed with it was when I had my black PCE Duo.
That's probably Doukyuusei which translates into "classmates". :)  However, there are a couple more out there that I believe are from the same developer (can't remember the name right now).  One is Kakyuusei (under classmates... rough translation) and Sotsugyou (Graduation).  From what I understand, those three games were originally PC titles.  If you know anything about Jpn PC gaming, then you'll soon find out that PC games + dating sim = porn. :lol:  Hell, I'd say over 90% of Jpn developed PC games are porn/hentai while the remaining stuff is from Falcom or arcade ports.

Anyway, Kakyuusei wasn't released on PCE but the other two mentioned were.  They were "cleaned up" for release on PCE.  

FWIW, this is pretty much the same story for the Dragon Knight games too.

Ninja Spirit

Next on deck;
Genpei Toumaden 2/Samurai Ghost
Gradius

Seldane

I just bought these games. They arrived yesterday:

IMG

Ys Book I&II and Ys III for Turbo Grafx 16 CD (and some other Ys stuff as well). Finally. Now I have three complete copies (two with the spine, this one included) of Ys IV The Dawn of Ys.  :roll:

By the way, I got everything in that picture for $50. That's a pretty good deal, isn't it? Especially considering this was included:

IMG
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Keranu

Wow, that's some totally awesome stuff you got there, Seldane! Excellent deal as well!
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

50 bucks!?  Alright Sel, where the hell do you get your shady business dealings, & how can I get involved :P
IMG

Keranu

IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Seldane on 03/09/2006, 01:59 PMI just bought these games. They arrived yesterday:

IMG

Ys Book I&II and Ys III for Turbo Grafx 16 CD (and some other Ys stuff as well). Finally. Now I have three complete copies (two with the spine, this one included) of Ys IV The Dawn of Ys.  :roll:

By the way, I got everything in that picture for $50. That's a pretty good deal, isn't it? Especially considering this was included:

IMG
Nice catch you got there i got the Ys IV JDK special ost as well.

It's pretty good on the arrange stuff.

Btw i just pickup, Ys III perfect collection ost a while back for myself.
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: Seldane on 03/09/2006, 01:59 PMI just bought these games. They arrived yesterday:

IMG

IMG
REPRESENT!!!