What non PCE game are you playing now ?

Started by San Juan Wolf, 05/22/2010, 07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

San Juan Wolf

(Didn't see a thread sorry if there was one)

My current pick is Athena on the NES . A very very bad game , with horrible graphics , terrible programing and with a time limit which defies comprehension . The final stage of the game has you to rush through condensed version of seven levels in five minutes .

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

San Juan Wolf

That's like punting sprinkles on Toilet Kids .

The results will not be very edible either way .

You know , for what this game is , the biggest damn problem is that damn timer , which most of the time makes passing through shit impossible . I didn't even atempt to finish the Hell level part of the last world because.....50 seconds for that and another whole stage plus starting out with a box and arrow which means having to wait to get something which can actualy smash blocks .

Plus the emulator I use for this (yame , which I use for TG 16 titles and the SNES titles) doesn't have a game genie option and even if it did I never figured out how to insert/ make it work .

And it doesn't even run on any other emulators I have so......yeah it's bad .

Not as bad as Garfield a Week of Garfield mind you .

ccovell

I'm playing me some Game Gear and SMS games right now.  Not the usual list of games, but the less talked-about Disney games: Land of Illusion, Legend of Illusion, and Lucky Dime Caper.  The former two are really good, especially with levels that have to be revisited to access previously unreachable areas (once you're able to climb walls, shrink in size, etc.)

IMG

Turbo D

Covel, that is baaaaad aaaaassss! 8) It's the gamegear player :)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Was playing Jak & Daxter: Lost Frontier(PS2 version), but, then 3D Dot Game Heroes arrived in the mail, so I've been playing that, & also playing Crisis Core on PSP.  I have plenty of other games that are on hold at the moment though, sometimes I pick them up, & play some more.  I picked up Uncharted for uber cheap, & ended up loving it, so, once I'm done with 3D Dot, I'll probably play that.
IMG

nectarsis

R-Type Command psp
Saiyuki: Journey West PS1 (via psp)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

rag-time4

Quote from: San Juan Wolf on 05/22/2010, 07:42 AM(Didn't see a thread sorry if there was one)

My current pick is Athena on the NES . A very very bad game , with horrible graphics , terrible programing and with a time limit which defies comprehension . The final stage of the game has you to rush through condensed version of seven levels in five minutes .
Atehna marks the first appearance of several Crystalis enemies, such as the slimes.

San Juan Wolf

Yeah but it stil sucks ?

@ ccovell : May check those out at some point . Also , on the topic of SMS , you tried My Hero ? It's on my list of Worst Games I have ever played and a review is comming real soon .

Arkhan Asylum

I never thought Athena was bad or hard.  I used to play it alot when I was younger for NES.  It was one of the first games I bought with my own money lol.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SuperDeadite

Managed to 1cc Makaimura PCB today.  Game Over at Loop 3 Stage 3

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

termis

nectarsis

Just fired up Disgaea 2 for the psp (after finally getting my 2nd psp back to OFW).
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

TR0N

Wii
Monster Hunter 3 Tri i haven't been addicited to a arpg like this since demon's souls.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/24/2010, 08:54 AMManaged to 1cc Makaimura PCB today.  Game Over at Loop 3 Stage 3
nice nice, I saw your youtube videos of it and watched.    Good stuff!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

San Juan Wolf

You coming along to ruin this place when everything was going so swimingly :P

Anyways Arkhan , the timer is a huge bitch for me , and even with a walthrough the last parts of he game are dang near impossible . I wish Yame had game genie imput (the thing won't work on anything else !)

Arkhan Asylum

Aw, game genie is no good!

Just plow into stuff and tear it up!

It helps if you know where the armor is hidden so you can just bash your way to success.

San Juan Wolf

Problem there is I find most of the time it's randomly generated . I could be wrong but repeated replays show that lots of the stuff changes location .

Also I find the programing on the bosses to be terrible at times . Like that octopus guy . It takes one hit yet getting there is so damn akward . It's like the Chimera when you can just walk behind it and kill it from behind without it attacking you once , only in a bad way .