PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

PC Cocoron

Started by JapanTokei, 06/13/2010, 02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

JapanTokei

Howdy - I know we got tons of fans of PC Cocorun on this community.
I decided to sell some of my TG-16/PCE collection on Ebay and have awesome 18 year old magazines I found which I'm selling that has a full coverage on PC Cocorun. 

In case you are interested in the actual magazines, here is the link to the Auction.
http://shop.ebay.com/japantokei/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340<BR>
(sold)

Enjoy !!!<BR>  :mrgreen:


IMG

Tatsujin

Very nice one tokei, thx :)

btw. the titles clearly reads PC Cocoron, and not PC Cocorun :wink:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Keranu

I'm not interested in the magazine, I'm interested in the actual game! :D
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

JapanTokei

Thx Tats (for the spelling correction too... lol).  I was very surprised to find this magazine coverage myself.
The game looks cool.. the previous only other screenshot/pic I saw was on Daisuken site, which was minimum...
maybe we should post this on that site :)


Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/13/2010, 08:10 PMVery nice one tokei, thx :)

btw. the titles clearly reads PC Cocoron, and not PC Cocorun :wink:

Tatsujin

Indeed we could do that. Could you please make a proper scan of those page(s) then? :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

ParanoiaDragon

I was just bidding on it, but, money is tight, so, looks like I won't be winning.  Maybe Steve/Esteban would be interested!
IMG

blueraven

Thank you for the spelling correction

JapanTokei

I don't have a scanner but I've just re-taken a whole bunch of pictures in detail using a flat glass over the mags so it's very flat.  Will uploaded it soon on this string. 

Damn, that last issue is really jam packed with unbelievable content.. I'm actually wishing I checked it out more before listing it for sale.. seller's remorse..  :cry:

JapanTokei

Ok, done with the pictures.  This last issue I have is packed. 
There is the Cocoron review, a !!!Cocoron Game Rating!!!, plus Sylphia preview and Downtown Monagtari review.  Also included is a nice ad for Dracula X.

Tats - feel free to use these on the site for Cocoron.  I've included the Cover of the issue too in case you want to load that.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

_Paul

I have another preview in the May issue, I should really get it scanned for my site sometime.

JapanTokei

The fact that PC Engine Monthly was able to have such an in-depth look and complete game review/rating of the game makes me wonder about the final product that is out there. :-k  The urban legend just says it's a demo/prototype, but it looks pretty complete to me.  Does anyone of us actually knows a person that has this?   What can they confirm??

Tatsujin

to date, there is only "one" known person, living in japan who possess it. and it or its innards had never seen the outside world so far.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

JapanTokei

so, who is this legend in Japan?  Perhaps we should interview him on behalf of PCEngineFX community.. ha.  Roy Vegas can then show up with his 200 guns and then force him to share that goodie with rest of the world... lol.

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/14/2010, 08:24 PMto date, there is only "one" known person, living in japan who possess it. and it or its innards had never seen the outside world so far.

geise

Is the guy one of the Devs for the game?  I would've thought a couple more people would have copies that worked on it.