10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Rayxanber III EGM preview

Started by handygrafx, 03/31/2006, 12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

handygrafx

I think this preview was the first I'd ever saw of Rayxanber III, that or in one of the GameTronix or Die Hard ads

rayxanberiiipreview.jpg
(EGM #33 April 1992)
neogaf.com/threads/pc-engine-tg-appreciation-and-collecting-thread-because-who-needs-a-2nd-controller.543411/post-209152056

got to play it on a Turbo Duo at Summer CES in Chicago in 92, 93 or 94
(forget which year)

it's definitally more colorful than Aldynes on SuperGrafx.    both are great games though.

too bad a Rayxanber game was never made for the SuperGrafx....

motdelbuort

Man, that looks awesome. Would have been an easy port too. It's been forever I know, but do you remember any evidence of translation when you played it?

Care to share any other memories from that CES?

TurboXray

Check it out, Rayxanber III and Spriggan listed on this promotional TG16 video.

handygrafx

Quote from: motdelbuortMan, that looks awesome. Would have been an easy port too. It's been forever I know, but do you remember any evidence of translation when you played it?

Care to share any other memories from that CES?

I do not remember if it was translated or not - it's such a blur. I only played it for a few minutes.   but the NEC or TTI overall display was pretty impressive.

I think I remember seeing that Godzilla game on a large screen in a theater-like setting at CES. I must have seen a bunch more great TurboGrafx and Duo games, I'm sure Air Zonk was being heavily promoted.

Rayxanber III was by far my best memory of NEC / TTI showing at that CES. I'm sorry I cannot remember more :/

handygrafx

Quote from: BonknutsCheck it out, Rayxanber III and Spriggan listed on this promotional TG16 video.
that's really cool! 

....hey now that I think of it, I actually have the VHS tape of this  :shock: