The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Capped the night off with some Ghost Pilots on the Neo Geo AES. Probably doesn't hold a candle to 1941 on the SuperGrafx, but it's all I have until I get a SG for myself.

blueraven

Got to level 6-4 today in JJ and Jeff.

Starfighter

More Just Cause 2. I reached the 50% clear-mark and got all sidemissions done. Now I just have to find all the skulls/drug drops/black boxes and finish the sucker on hard and I'll be completely finished. It will feel good to play something else. Not that JC2 isn't good, in fact it's awesome, but I haven't played anything else for several weeks now.

Colossus1574

My brother & I played Call of Duty WAW: Zombie mode Map 4. Only 2 players, no gun cheats, we made it to level 25, our best record ever as a duo...err, 2 man team!

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 10/18/2010, 01:31 AMCapped the night off with some Ghost Pilots on the Neo Geo AES. Probably doesn't hold a candle to 1941 on the SuperGrafx, but it's all I have until I get a SG for myself.
When ever you get a mvs try (Strikers 1945 plus) that is a much better,WWII style of shooter then what ghostpilots is.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Mathius

Quote from: TR0N on 10/19/2010, 04:00 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/18/2010, 01:31 AMCapped the night off with some Ghost Pilots on the Neo Geo AES. Probably doesn't hold a candle to 1941 on the SuperGrafx, but it's all I have until I get a SG for myself.
When ever you get a mvs try (Strikers 1945 plus) that is a much better,WWII style of shooter then what ghostpilots is.
Yeah, Strikers 1945 is a dream purchase of mine. I should be getting a CMVS sometime close to tax time next year.

Starfighter

I took a brake from Just Cause 2 yesterday and gave Momotaro(u?) Katsugeki another go. This time I made it to the fire-stage boss but I clearly feel I have to practise more. All these new forgiving games where you almost CAN'T die is making me spoiled and my reflexes jerky.

blueraven

Just built a power supply for the TG IFU, Played some Splatterhouse and Bonk's revenge!

IN FULL AV GLORY

I'll post pics soon.

DragonmasterDan

I've been playing Parodius, but not PCE Parodius, NES Parodius. It's not bad.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Heh, before I read these posts I was playing some PCE Parodius, and Splatterhouse 2 on the Genny. :)

turbogrfxfan

silent scope, paridus da!, sidearms special
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Ceti Alpha

Tonight I think I will start on Lords of Thunder, as well as a race or two in Final Lap Twin.

Oh, and probably few emus on teh Wiz. :)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Mathius

Quote from: ceti alpha on 10/22/2010, 02:57 PMTonight I think I will start on Lords of Thunder, as well as a race or two in Final Lap Twin.

Oh, and probably few emus on teh Wiz. :)
I did a round of Lords last night. Kicked my ass as usual.

Starfighter

Just Cause 2, Skate 2, Super Street Fighter IV, Super Monkey Ball and Metal Storm.

Mathius

Played some Dungeon Explorer II, Shape Shifter, and Actraiser.

geise

I fucking love Actraiser!  One of my favorites on the SNES.  It's a shame the sequel was just action.  [-( 

For some unknown reason I decided to start playing FF6 with the redone translation.  I never finished the game on the SNES.  I never owned the game back in the day and was just borrowing it from a friend.  He wanted it back before I had a chance to finish it.  Well 16 years later I guess I have the time now.  I like it so far and I was never a huge Square or FF fan.  I do like IV and V though and this one always appealed to me with the music graphics for it's time.

Mathius

Actraiser was one of the first SNES games that I got BITD. The whiff of nostalgia between it and Super Mario World are overwhelming.

geise

My bro and I won the SNES from a  drug store contest.  It was with a radio station in the Cleveland area WMJI.  They called us up on the air and told us we won!  We actually got it before it was released in the stores.  It was kinda cool.  I remember playing SMW for the first time and then getting Actraiser and CV4 on launch day.  Besides playing Ys for the first time that was one of my favorite video game moments.  Sadly my bro has the SNES now, (which is good for my niece and nephew) so I do most of my stuff from the VC. I don't mind using the VC for SNES since I still just have a standard TV.  The blur on the TG-16 stuff is rather annoying, but that's why I have an actual Duo right?  :D

This mornig before heading out with the wife I rocked out some Air Zonk to get me pc-engine fix.  Been a long time since I beat it.  Man that last level can suck it sometimes.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: geise on 10/23/2010, 08:54 AMThis mornig before heading out with the wife I rocked out some Air Zonk to get me pc-engine fix.  Been a long time since I beat it.  Man that last level can suck it sometimes.  
The last level is like half the length of the entire game.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/23/2010, 11:55 AM
Quote from: geise on 10/23/2010, 08:54 AMThis mornig before heading out with the wife I rocked out some Air Zonk to get me pc-engine fix.  Been a long time since I beat it.  Man that last level can suck it sometimes.  
The last level is like half the length of the entire game.
Its balls to the wall for sure..

Starfighter

Last night I sat down with Metal Storm (NES) again, and finished it. Great game (it has been on my wishlist for a year or so and it was worth every day of searching for a deal) but the last boss was a bit disappointing. Today I'm going back to Just Cause 2... *sigh*

turbogrfxfan

sidearms special!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11  both are awesome games.  Im almost done with the huey version and after that bc mode!!!  played bomberman 93 and the music just killed me
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

blueraven

Racing Spirits, and JJ and Jeff.

I can't wait to play GoT again. oooooooooooooooo...

Starfighter

Last night I popped Silent Hill 4: The Room in my PSTwo. I'm ashamed because I never finished it. I call the Silent Hill-series my favorite and thus I really should have cleared every part of it, but I gave up towards the end five years ago - when the stupid ghosts fucked it all up. You know, the ones that can't be stopped if you didn't get all the stupid "swords" or what the stupid things stupid was. But this time, I'm older, bigger, better, smarter, clevrerer, smartester... Yeah, this time! Can't wait for the sun to go down so I can continue. :)

csgx1

Playing some Castlevania Adventure, gameboy for the Halloween spirit.  Bought this game new back in the day but never beat it until......well, maybe never since it's very frustrating.   I'm definitely a lot better at this game now, then when I was a kid.  Amazingly, I passed level 3 with the spikes after only dying a few times.   Now it's Dracula himself that's stopping me from seeing an ending to this damn game.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: csgx1 on 10/27/2010, 01:48 PMPlaying some Castlevania Adventure, gameboy for the Halloween spirit.  Bought this game new back in the day but never beat it until......well, maybe never since it's very frustrating.   I'm definitely a lot better at this game now, then when I was a kid.  Amazingly, I passed level 3 with the spikes after only dying a few times.   Now it's Dracula himself that's stopping me from seeing an ending to this damn game. 
Simon walks v......e ........r  ....y                  s ......l  .... o   ......w.......l  .....y  in that game.
--DragonmasterDan

Colossus1574

Quote from: Starfighter on 10/26/2010, 06:56 AMLast night I sat down with Metal Storm (NES) again, and finished it. Great game (it has been on my wishlist for a year or so and it was worth every day of searching for a deal) but the last boss was a bit disappointing. Today I'm going back to Just Cause 2... *sigh*
isn't Metal Storm considered Sci-Fi? hahaha j/k
anyways, here's a good review for anyone curious of this underrated NES gem, i almost forgot about this one too.  :-$

Colossus1574

Quote from: csgx1 on 10/27/2010, 01:48 PMPlaying some Castlevania Adventure, gameboy for the Halloween spirit.  Bought this game new back in the day but never beat it until......well, maybe never since it's very frustrating. Now it's Dracula himself that's stopping me from seeing an ending to this damn game. 
I think i only managed to finish part2 once! also a tough one...and yes he still takes his time walking and climbing ropes....

Starfighter

Quote from: Colossus1574isn't Metal Storm considered Sci-Fi? hahaha j/k
Ooh, you got me! :)

Edit: By the way, The Happy Video Game Nerds review of the game was one of the major reasons I started looking for it actively again! I almost forgot about it for a year or two and then he made a review of it.

SuperDeadite

Metal Storm is a great game.  But I'll never understand the USA version.  For some odd reason they changed a lot of the background colors from the Japanese original.  A weird weird localization thing.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

csgx1

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/27/2010, 02:08 PMSimon walks v......e ........r  ....y                  s ......l  .... o   ......w.......l  .....y  in that game.
LOL, so true!  Slow downs make it even worse when the screen is filled with enemies. 

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 10/27/2010, 02:20 PMI think i only managed to finish part2 once! also a tough one...and yes he still takes his time walking and climbing ropes....
Castlevania II for gameboy is so much better than Castlevania adventure.   

After another attempt, I still can't beat Dracula.   So close, but yet so far from seeing an ending to the damn game. ](*,)

Ceti Alpha

Just cleared Bomberman '93 and now on to '94.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

TR0N

PS3
Dead Space:Man this game have a good atmosphere it's setting does remind me of alien&event horzion.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: TR0N on 10/28/2010, 11:23 PMPS3
Dead Space:Man this game have a good atmosphere it's setting does remind me of alien&event horzion.
Oh yeah! I am waiting on the second entry. It's gonna be teh bomb! :D

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 10/28/2010, 11:59 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 10/28/2010, 11:23 PMPS3
Oh yeah! I am waiting on the second entry. It's gonna be teh bomb! :D
Yeah that's why i got it now since it's so cheap.I am looking forward to the sequel since that will have multiplayer etc.
IMG

Mathius

Played some U.N. Squadron for the 'ol SNES tonight. Probably my favorite shootie on the system. I remember this one in the arcades BITD and having a near-arcade perfect port back then was awesome!

blueraven

More JJ and Jeff, Samurai Ghost. (Genpei 2)

Starfighter

Mathius: How far have you gotten? I remember something about small purple airplanes or something like that - impossible to hit, on the second "plane" or something. I never got past them, after an hour of trying I gave up and Area 88 (I have the SFC-version) have now become Area Dust. I remember it was a big fight on the forum I was currently hanging out in at the time, me, some of the admins and other people couldn't get along because they couldn't accept me not liking the game. From there it got worse, with general hate and rumours and silent despice. It eventually led to me leaving the forum. Haha, a magic game. I have to play it some more, maybe I'll like it better today!

Mathius

Quote from: Starfighter on 10/29/2010, 04:28 AMMathius: How far have you gotten? I remember something about small purple airplanes or something like that - impossible to hit, on the second "plane" or something. I never got past them, after an hour of trying I gave up and Area 88 (I have the SFC-version) have now become Area Dust. I remember it was a big fight on the forum I was currently hanging out in at the time, me, some of the admins and other people couldn't get along because they couldn't accept me not liking the game. From there it got worse, with general hate and rumours and silent despice. It eventually led to me leaving the forum. Haha, a magic game. I have to play it some more, maybe I'll like it better today!
I am not sure what they mean by those purple airplanes.  :-k I am playing the US version, so there may be some differences, but I doubt it.

I can't believe you were hated off a forum because you didn't like a game! If you didn't like Ys Book I & II I am sure you would at least be tolerated. :P  :mrgreen:

Starfighter

It wasn't just the game per se, the situation snowballed - you know how it can be. Maybe they weren't purple, if I remember to try it out again I'll correct myself later. :)

csgx1

Quote from: Mathius on 10/29/2010, 01:28 AMPlayed some U.N. Squadron for the 'ol SNES tonight. Probably my favorite shootie on the system. I remember this one in the arcades BITD and having a near-arcade perfect port back then was awesome!
One of my favorite games as well.   I never played the arcade version before, but I thought there were a number of differences when ported to the SNES?  Either way the SNES version is a great game!

Purple planes?....not too sure either.  I haven't played UN Squadron in years, but I think I'll break out my copy and play it this weekend.

Tonight I'm starting on Castlevania Legends after finally beating Adventure and Castlevania 2 for gameboy.

blueraven

DRACULA X, GoT, XANADU PT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance: :dance: 8) :mrgreen:

Mathius

Quote from: blueraven on 10/30/2010, 02:11 AMDRACULA X, GoT, XANADU PT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance: :dance: 8) :mrgreen:
I would love to give Xanadu 2 a spin.

Naturally, I got some time in on my newest acquisition Blood Gear. It's a fantastic game, with what looks like high production values, killer cinemas, a good story, and great action. I have read that the Japanese skills for enjoying the game are low, but I am still not very comfortable with the menus in the game. I have figured out a little, but not much...yet. We need a Duomozov guide badly.  :mrgreen: I recommend this sleeper of a gem to anyone who enjoys Zelda II like action/RPGs like myself. And, there needs to be more talk about this game here too. :wink:

blueraven

Quote from: Mathius on 10/30/2010, 02:29 AMI would love to give Xanadu 2 a spin.
It's freaking great, Mathius.

Quote from: Mathius on 10/30/2010, 02:29 AMNaturally, I got some time in on my newest acquisition Blood Gear. It's a fantastic game, with what looks like high production values, killer cinemas, a good story, and great action. I have read that the Japanese skills for enjoying the game are low, but I am still not very comfortable with the menus in the game. I have figured out a little, but not much...yet. We need a Duomozov guide badly.  :mrgreen: I recommend this sleeper of a gem to anyone who enjoys Zelda II like action/RPGs like myself. And, there needs to be more talk about this game here too. :wink:
Blood gear is amazing from just about every standpoint. One of the finer games for the Duo, and yes I would agree If there is no Duomazov review we should bug runinruder and nat to take this one up soon. :D

Mathius

There is one review of Blood Gear up on the Duos page, but I don't think it's nat's. A guide is what is sorely needed though.

Starfighter

Left 4 Dead 2. We had to try the new campaign (The Sacrifice) and I'm not convinced it was a good buy. It was just three parts and had a very weak ending with no REAL action. I'd prefer if they packed every campaign on the same disc for L4D3 so I don't have to pay for downloads (I hate that) and stuff my HDD with mediocre gameplay.

Tablet

More YS7, I'm up to the wind temple and the bird boss just kicked my ass (I did get it down to below 10k health though), this is one fight where I think I need to do a little grinding and have both projectile shooting members of the party equipped, and I think it's time to upgrage everyones weapons and equipment!

Just finished Star Wars Force Unleashed for the first time in preperation for Force Unleashed 2, I must admit I was rather disappointed with it, mainly the controls and lack of fluidity of gameplay, meh.

Haven't really done much in terms of OBEYing recently, after my PCE-SCDROM2 decided to corrupt my YS-1+2 save file when I was almost finished kinda killed it for me, I'll go back to it over the xmas hols I think on the run up to the remake release on PSP.

Mathius

Currently playing Limbo on XBOX LIVE. This is a great atmospheric game that all you guys should try! I am loving it. It's nothing like I have ever played before!

blueraven

Had 2 neighbors over for retr0gaming night; Dracula X, Genpei Toumanden 1 & 2, Victory Run, and Racing Spirits (which by the by is a totally kickass motorcycle game!)

Mathius

Cleared Limbo tonight. The endgame gave me chills. Play this game...NOW! :twisted: