RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueraven

Two hours of GoT, Victory Run, and...

TEH NINJA WARRIORS

Post your highscores!!

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=6896.0

TR0N

PS3
Batman Arkham Asylum:Damn good comic book based video game.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

BlueBMW

Played quite a bit today!

Sapphire
Faceball
Soldier Blade

And finally tried out the FX with Power Dolls FX.  Kind of a neat game, if only I knew what I was supposed to be doing! :P
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

turbogrfxfan

test drive lemans on dreamcast all frikkin day.  then I beat sapphire and played victory run
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 11/15/2010, 11:02 AM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/14/2010, 05:48 PMFaceball
Damn you!
It was my first time playing it.  Not exactly sure what to think of it yet...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

JoshTurboTrollX

this weekend I actually got a few hours of game time in- wooo!!

played through a majority of NiGHTS and all of Scud with my 3 year old watching between 5am-8am...lol

He wanted to get up early, well damn it kid - ur gonna watch me play some Satlurn!!  In all fairness tho I did give him the Saturn Arcade stick to sit and hold and pretend to play along side me!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

blueraven

Victory Run, Göetzendiener, The Manhole, Zero Champ 2 (ugh), GoT.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: blueraven on 11/15/2010, 02:01 PMVictory Run, Göetzendiener, The Manhole, Zero Champ 2 (ugh), GoT.
whats the manhole?  Sounds like a gay bar in NYC

blueraven

Starfighter

Well, I got Link's Crossbow Training (complete with zapper in mint condition) for what should equal around $10 a year ago and yesterday I got it home (I bought it off a friend and since then we both forgot about it). I loved it. I've never played a gun-game that actually works satisfactory (fuck lightguns á la GunCon etc) on a TV at home so I was pleased with the controller. My local game store (that only sells expensive new games to rip everyone off) had House of the Dead: Overkill for 175 swedish crowns ($25) so I bought it yesterday. It's so lame-ass bad it's good! :D Yeah, the action and aiming is good, but the sexist and limp cutscenes, story and coating is fucking awful but it gets good just because of it. :D I love this cheesy game, and I can't stop shooting! BANG BANG MUTHAFUCKAH!

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: blueraven on 11/17/2010, 02:20 PM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 11/15/2010, 06:41 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 11/15/2010, 02:01 PMVictory Run, Göetzendiener, The Manhole, Zero Champ 2 (ugh), GoT.
whats the manhole?  Sounds like a gay bar in NYC
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/28/353/1/The-Manhole-jp.htm
oh wow blue.  what do you think of that game?(manhole)  I played super s s, solider blade

BlueBMW

Quote from: Starfighter on 11/17/2010, 04:28 PMWell, I got Link's Crossbow Training (complete with zapper in mint condition) for what should equal around $10 a year ago and yesterday I got it home (I bought it off a friend and since then we both forgot about it). I loved it. I've never played a gun-game that actually works satisfactory (fuck lightguns á la GunCon etc) on a TV at home so I was pleased with the controller. My local game store (that only sells expensive new games to rip everyone off) had House of the Dead: Overkill for 175 swedish crowns ($25) so I bought it yesterday. It's so lame-ass bad it's good! :D Yeah, the action and aiming is good, but the sexist and limp cutscenes, story and coating is fucking awful but it gets good just because of it. :D I love this cheesy game, and I can't stop shooting! BANG BANG MUTHAFUCKAH!
My only gripe against the Wii zapper is that its a bit small for my hands.  And my hands ARENT that big! :P  It just feels a little tight holding it the way they want you to hold it.

Starfighter

Yeah, it is a bit on the small side. Have you tried that plastic thingy that can be taken apart into a "regular" gun as well as a rifle? I'm gonna try and find a picture..

Here:
IMG

Maybe that will fit our hands better? Maybe not, the front handle look a bit small.

Ceti Alpha

Now that Bikkuri is out of the way I'm going to have to march on with Dragon's Curse. Do I even have a choice?
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

NecroPhile

Played me some Puyo Puyo CD and Panic Bomberman; I really need to brush up on my skillz, as I sucked hard at both.

Mathius

Quote from: ceti alpha on 11/19/2010, 08:31 AMNow that Bikkuri is out of the way I'm going to have to march on with Dragon's Curse. Do I even have a choice?
Your choice is clear. :twisted:

Been hacking it up with Brutal Legend. I am a fan of Black Sabbath which makes the game even better!

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: guest on 11/19/2010, 09:33 AMPlayed me some Puyo Puyo CD and Panic Bomberman; I really need to brush up on my skillz, as I sucked hard at both.
i really love to play bomberman panic.  Th thing is I think there is more than meets the eye with that game.  I dont read japanese so I cant figure it out.  like why all of a sudden the screen fills up w red bombs?  Or does it matter when you stack faces on another when on face sleeping bad or good.  can u helpme?

NecroPhile

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 11/20/2010, 03:01 PMwhy all of a sudden the screen fills up w red bombs?
Those come when your opponent links more than three bombs at a time, performs combos, or when blows up lots of bombs with the red burning bomb.  To get very far in this game (as with Puyo Puyo), you have to set up big combos to back your opponent into a corner.

blueraven

I played GoT for about 2 hours yesterday, was within 8,000 points of beating my highscore  #-o

No continues.

Tablet

More YS7, only just figured out how to quickly fill the super dooper attack  ](*,) I feel like such an idiot, boss fights are so much easier now and take less time, I'm up to the final boss but I'm going to grind for a little bit and try to get all the super weapons before I go for it... again.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: guest on 11/22/2010, 11:23 AM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 11/20/2010, 03:01 PMwhy all of a sudden the screen fills up w red bombs?
Those come when your opponent links more than three bombs at a time, performs combos, or when blows up lots of bombs with the red burning bomb.  To get very far in this game (as with Puyo Puyo), you have to set up big combos to back your opponent into a corner.
awesome thx for the help!!

Vecanti

Played some more Metamor Jupiter and the graphics just keep amazing me.  Got to level 5 and it's pretty amazing. Loved level 4, it's a cave system, it scrolls right then down then left and so on.  Great shooter.  Waiting for something else mind blowing like level 3.

Mathius

Quote from: GobanToba on 11/24/2010, 12:29 AMPlayed some more Metamor Jupiter and the graphics just keep amazing me.  Got to level 5 and it's pretty amazing. Loved level 4, it's a cave system, it scrolls right then down then left and so on.  Great shooter.  Waiting for something else mind blowing like level 3.
Man, sounds like I should have put that one on my Christmas List.  ](*,)

Colossus1574

Quote from: blueraven on 11/22/2010, 02:53 PMI played GoT for about 2 hours yesterday, was within 8,000 points of beating my highscore  #-o

No continues.
Are you anywhere near the scores posted on the GOT highscore thread? You should post and update that thread :D

YESSSS! I just spent 2.5 hours to finish off the last 4 chapters on NINJA GAIDEN: SIGMA for ps3! That is one long game for an action adventure! Ending coulda been a little better with more story, but the boss visuals are simply amazing throughout the levels, the booby visuals aren't bad either hehe, THANKYOU TECMO!   =P~ :twisted:

Ceti Alpha

Some good ol' Section Z.
IMG

TR0N

PS3
Pac-Man Championship DX
Famicom
Recca Summer Carnival 92:Got a repro of it recently damn what a insane shmup by naxtsoft.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Mathius on 11/24/2010, 02:09 AM
Quote from: GobanToba on 11/24/2010, 12:29 AMPlayed some more Metamor Jupiter and the graphics just keep amazing me.  Got to level 5 and it's pretty amazing. Loved level 4, it's a cave system, it scrolls right then down then left and so on.  Great shooter.  Waiting for something else mind blowing like level 3.
Man, sounds like I should have put that one on my Christmas List.  ](*,)
Yeah this is def one of my favorite games!  Its just so well done, the musics great!  Teay really did some things with the graphics that you dont usually see.  Everything about this game rocks!!  to me its def the most underated game on the system..  If u guys want to hit me up and talked about this game it would be awesome cause I cant say enough about it

blueraven

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 11/24/2010, 05:22 AM
Quote from: blueraven on 11/22/2010, 02:53 PMI played GoT for about 2 hours yesterday, was within 8,000 points of beating my highscore  #-o

No continues.
Are you anywhere near the scores posted on the GOT highscore thread? You should post and update that thread :D

YESSSS! I just spent 2.5 hours to finish off the last 4 chapters on NINJA GAIDEN: SIGMA for ps3! That is one long game for an action adventure! Ending coulda been a little better with more story, but the boss visuals are simply amazing throughout the levels, the booby visuals aren't bad either hehe, THANKYOU TECMO!   =P~ :twisted:
ceti updates that one. I was within 8,000 points of my highscore.

bartre

played some bomberman with family on thanksgiving, but that wasn't the gaming highlight.
it was totally the 4 man tournament on Spawn: in the Demon's Hand on dreamcast
there's not a whole lot of variety to the gameplay, but damn is it good.

Mathius

Some platforming goodness with Super Mario Galaxy.

Vecanti

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 11/27/2010, 05:56 PMYeah this is def one of my favorite games!  Its just so well done, the musics great!  Teay really did some things with the graphics that you dont usually see.  Everything about this game rocks!!  to me its def the most underated game on the system..  If u guys want to hit me up and talked about this game it would be awesome cause I cant say enough about it
Is there a thread for underrated games?  This belongs on the list. I haven't made it all the way through the game though, but it's an awesome shooter.  Haven't found a "new" game in a while that keeps drawing me back over and over.

Played some Bomberman '94 for the 4th straight weekend against friends. Keith Courage and some SFII.  Need to get some Power Eleven in I think.

blueraven

DUNGEON EXPLORER AND FINAL LAP TWIN F@#K YEAH!!! ON TEH TURBOB

Starfighter

Calling (Wii). It actually scared me a couple of times in the first hours which is rare since I have played many horrorgames and consider the genre one of my favorites - therefore "hardened". :) Out of curiosity I ventured online to see what other people thought (something I very seldom do since people never thinks like me) and I was as usual surprised (maybe I should say I WASN'T surprised...) to read that everyone hates it. Around 2/5 is the most common grade with a warning not to play it. I couldn't care less, I think the game is sweet and that is all that matters.

turbogrfxfan

played Dragonball Z on my psp for 5 hours.  a little easy and not many different moves but still a fun game

RoyVegas

Played some 2 player Nightmare in the Dark on my arcade with my son.  It's just not as challenging when you know you don't have to pop another quarter in when you die......   :|

Still an awesome game though.
All is well. :)

blueraven

I'm hopelessly addicted to Dungeon Explorer.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: blueraven on 12/02/2010, 02:07 PMI'm hopelessly addicted to Dungeon Explorer.
That's one of the best addictions in the universe.  :mrgreen:
IMG

blueraven

Quote from: ceti alpha on 12/02/2010, 02:48 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 12/02/2010, 02:07 PMI'm hopelessly addicted to Dungeon Explorer.
That's one of the best addictions in the universe.  :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: Now I don't feel so bad! Gauntlet for the turbo!

NecroPhile

Played around last night for quite a while with Bonk 3 on the resurrected 'Express.

Up next: Dungeon Explorer II?

blueraven

Quote from: guest on 12/02/2010, 04:00 PMUp next: Dungeon Explorer II?
I'm going to have to wade through the JP one.

nectarsis

Fausette Amour...better than I hoped.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Ceti Alpha

Some more Gunsmoke punishment. Such a tough game; but a great game.
IMG

Starfighter

Mushihime-sama Futari Ver. 1.5. It has been collecting dust a few months and I had forgotten what a gem it is. I love it! (don't know if I was right on the has/had/have there.. but you know what I'm trying to say)

blueraven

:-({|= Final Lap Twin, DE, more DE.....

Gogan

Nothin beats the real thing.

BlueBMW

Pulled out the ol Saturn and played some Galactic Attack and some Christmas Nights :)

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/06/2010, 11:37 AMPulled out the ol Saturn and played some Galactic Attack and some Christmas Nights :)
Teh Raystorm (Galactic Attack) rocks my balls off every time. :) Have you tried the remake on XBOX Live yet???

Gogan

Hey beamer, is Christmas nights just a demo? As opposed to straight up Nights?
Nothin beats the real thing.

turbogrfxfan

Image fight!image fight!imagefight!!!  the game pisses me the f$%^ off but i just keep playing it