@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

possible MC scam

Started by VestCunt, 03/27/2011, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VestCunt

Anyone else get a PM from a zero-post member offering to sell Magical Chase?

I expressed interest in his offer but didn't get a response after I asked for references and a picture.  I also hadn't bumped my WTB thread for 2-3 years and couldn't figure out why he contacted me.  

I have two theories:
1) A scammer saw the "WTB 17 copies of Magical Chase" thread and is looking for marks.
2) He's an honest lurker who noticed I've been looking for a copy for the last six years and took pity on me, but changed his mind after he saw the recent $1,800 ebay bid (pretty unlikely).
Topic Adjourned.

blueraven

No, but I think either theory is valid, despite being completely opposite.

esteban

I have not received a message, but I haven't expressed interest in MC, either.

It would be awesome if this was an elaborate prank by a lurker! That would be awesome. Unlikely, but awesome.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

neoxeno

I think that anyone who is looking for MC on a forum or on ebay for a fair price is wasting his time. I wish that I'll be lucky a day and I'll find it in the wild. I know, I know, I'm seeing pink elephants.  :?   
Search : SUPERGRAFX
You may have meant to search for soporifics.

incrediblehark

Quote from: neoxeno on 03/27/2011, 04:28 PMI think that anyone who is looking for MC on a forum or on ebay for a fair price is wasting his time. I wish that I'll be lucky a day and I'll find it in the wild. I know, I know, I'm seeing pink elephants.  :?   
flea market / yard sale / thrift store - I'm keeping my fingers crossed, and they'll probably stay crossed the rest of my life :P

RR1980

the point is there's a possible scammer in the community so we should all be careful!

CrackTiger

I got a couple duplicate messages from a zero post member asking "How much for forgotten world?".  I haven't listed anything for sale anywhere.

I also got a message not too long ago asking if I would sell my MC or if I had spares lying around or if I know where to find one. That happens every once in a while. Even on youtube.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

VestCunt

Quote from: RR1980 on 03/28/2011, 01:26 AMthe point is there's a possible scammer in the community so we should all be careful!
Well, considering no one else has received a PM sale offer, I don't think he's a scammer.  He probably either found another buyer, didn't like my nosy questions, or saw the $1800 ebay bid and headed to greener pastures (pun not intended).
Topic Adjourned.

BEERS AND VIDEOS

Quote from: neoxeno on 03/27/2011, 04:28 PMI think that anyone who is looking for MC on a forum or on ebay for a fair price is wasting his time. I wish that I'll be lucky a day and I'll find it in the wild. I know, I know, I'm seeing pink elephants.  :?   
Just as much chance of finding a unicorn in the wild, but I have the same hope, someday...    [-o<

TheClash603

Beers and videos, is that picture of you or Bill Goldberg?  If that is you, you should see if they need someone to tangle with Stone Cold on the next PPV card...  the resemblance is uncanny.