10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: Gogan on 03/14/2011, 10:43 AMWell since I jus got an iPhone, been playin angry birds lol.

Its cool they got the turbob represented on there, but without physical buttons, the gameplay sux v
I have heard there is a hack to use Wii controller on Jailbroken iPhone, but I'm not going to jailbreak. Sounds like a fantastic idea, though, but not when you are "on the go" ... Which defeats the purpose (of mobility), but I've done sillier things.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gogan

Yea I have heard that, but my modded psp suits all my mobility needs jus fine, thanks to Beamer.

Interesting though
Nothin beats the real thing.

turbogrfxfan

alzadick, aldynes, and blazing lazers
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Mathius

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 03/17/2011, 06:42 PMalzadick, aldynes, and blazing lazers
Yeah, you better be playing Aldynes! :mrgreen:

blueraven

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Mathius

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Mathius on 03/17/2011, 10:15 PM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 03/17/2011, 06:42 PMalzadick, aldynes, and blazing lazers
Yeah, you better be playing Aldynes! :mrgreen:
dude Im liking this game more and more!  Im on stage four. such a cool game.  stage 3 I was like WTF!??  100% my kind of shooter

blueraven

Drunk Neighbors challenged me to SF2. I should have bet them moneys.

Afterwards I made a GoT run that fell flat on Dark City, when I died. At this point, I reset the game.

Follow-up with Rastan II got to level 4 and found myself wishing I was playing the genesis version for the first time.

turbogrfxfan

Damn dark city. )Eah that stage gets me as well

At mgc I played hellfire with nect and blue, alien crush with sOme crazy woman. ( I kinda think her and the security guard had something goin on),gate of thunder on the dopest joystick ever the imagineer, a little time challenge with blue, nect, and t star on solider blade, showed of my finalblaster to nct and t star(which is now my favorite underated game, also metomar jupiter, download, nexzer,macross,aldynes,new zealand storysuper star solider and I got to play on a projector that t star brought which was interersting indeed.

nectarsis

At MGC (and hotel):

Soldier Blade 2 min runs
Nexzr Special score attacks
Spriggan
Sapphire
Final Blaster
Hellfire S

(among many others)

IMO the best gaming times of teh weekend.  Passing a controller between ts, turbogrfxfan, BM was PURE TURBOB BLISS!!
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Mathius

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/27/2011, 06:31 PMIMO the best gaming times of teh weekend.  Passing a controller between ts, turbogrfxfan, BM was PURE TURBOB BLISS!!
Lucky bastard!  :evil: Where's my bliss??????? ](*,)

nectarsis

Quote from: Mathius on 03/27/2011, 10:34 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 03/27/2011, 06:31 PMIMO the best gaming times of teh weekend.  Passing a controller between ts, turbogrfxfan, BM was PURE TURBOB BLISS!!
#-o #-o HOW could I forget PURE GAMER Mathius  :oops:

Mathius

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/27/2011, 10:59 PM
Ha ha! I meant I didn't get to chill with yous guys in your rooms passing the controller. THAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN NEXT YEAR!

nectarsis

Quote from: Mathius on 03/27/2011, 11:51 PM
Ha ha! I meant I didn't get to chill with yous guys in your rooms passing the controller. THAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN NEXT YEAR!
True, but we tore it up at teh tables to ;)

Mathius

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/27/2011, 11:55 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 03/27/2011, 11:51 PM
True, but we tore it up at teh tables to ;)
Truth!

blueraven

Good god man!

:-k

I must go next year.  :)

Mathius

Playin' my MGC haul!

Son Son II
Metamor Jupiter
Jaki Crush SFC
Parodius Da! SFC
Pop'in Twinbee SFC
TMNT: Turtles in Time SFC

nectarsis

Mathius

Bought (for $2) and played Lightening Force (Thunder Force IV) for the first time ever today! OH MY! :shock: I can't believe my eyes and ears! Why have I waited so long?!?!?! This is the prettiest Genesis game I have ever seen! And it plays just as good! I don't normally do You-Tube videos but I might make an exception for this one! What software do you guys use for video editing???

BlueBMW

Did a little disobeying, but had to torture test the Laseractive I fixed so....

Played some Road Prosecutor and Rocket Coaster on the bulky huge Laseractive.

Hope to get some obey in tomorrow night :D
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/30/2011, 11:58 PMDid a little disobeying, but had to torture test the Laseractive I fixed so....

Played some Road Prosecutor and Rocket Coaster on the bulky huge Laseractive.

Hope to get some obey in tomorrow night :D
...you better! [-(

nectarsis

Tested out my SWEET regoin & AV modded TG (A BM special).  Got to the end of  level 5 of PC Denjin, 2, & 5 min modes of Soldier Blade,  and gave some love to Keith Courage.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Mathius on 03/29/2011, 02:26 AMPlayin' my MGC haul!

Son Son II
Metamor Jupiter
Jaki Crush SFC
Parodius Da! SFC
Pop'in Twinbee SFC
so how u like metamor jup?!?!?

Mathius

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 03/31/2011, 07:38 PM

Son Son II
Metamor Jupiter
Jaki Crush SFC
Parodius Da! SFC
Pop'in Twinbee SFC
It's really cool! A little unpolished, but it has atmosphere to spare.

BlueBMW

Did a little gaming today.  Tried to test out some of my MGC haul along with some others I haven't played much.

Final Blaster - Pretty neat, not perfect, but not bad either
Dragon Saber - Better than Dragon Spirit IMO
Rabio Lepus Special - Couldn't really get into this one...
Download - Absolutely AWESOME!  A little hard though
CD Denjin - Definitely NOT Air Zonk :(
Browning - Ok, this one makes me mad... they lure you in with an awesome intro, awesome visuals, awesome sound... and what do you get?!  HORRIBLE CLUNKY CONTROLS!  AHHHHHH  If feels like it could have been so awesome... then total failure :(
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/02/2011, 10:06 PMDid a little gaming today.  Tried to test out some of my MGC haul along with some others I haven't played much.

Final Blaster - Pretty neat, not perfect, but not bad either
Dragon Saber - Better than Dragon Spirit IMO
Rabio Lepus Special - Couldn't really get into this one...
Download - Absolutely AWESOME!  A little hard though
CD Denjin - Definitely NOT Air Zonk :(
Browning - Ok, this one makes me mad... they lure you in with an awesome intro, awesome visuals, awesome sound... and what do you get?!  HORRIBLE CLUNKY CONTROLS!  AHHHHHH  If feels like it could have been so awesome... then total failure :(
Download is def the gem in your list. It was the first PCE hu card I ever purchased (Spriggan was the first CD title and my first ever PCE game), and it will always remain in my collection. I haven't beaten it yet though. :)

bartre

Not too much turbo lately...
power got shut off due to a roommate fucking us over.

so, i've been at the GF's place, last night i played Final Fantasy IX for about 4 hours.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Mathius on 03/31/2011, 10:22 PM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 03/31/2011, 07:38 PM

Son Son II
Metamor Jupiter
Jaki Crush SFC
Parodius Da! SFC
Pop'in Twinbee SFC
It's really cool! A little unpolished, but it has atmosphere to spare.
in what way?

SuperDeadite

Metamor is a neat game, but weird.  (A shooter with no score counter, what?)
Powerup system is annoying.  Graphics are inconsistent, some levels look stunningly
good, while others are very plain and drag on of too long.  Certainly a unique game
though, very different compared to most of the PCE shooter library.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Mathius

It seems unfinished to me. It could have been a classic. But, as is it's a neat game.

Ceti Alpha

Finally got around to Coryoon. That and Valis IV.

Oh, and Animatch on the GP2X Wiz. It's one of the built in games I'm a sucker for.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

esteban

Quote from: ceti alpha on 04/22/2011, 11:15 PMFinally got around to Coryoon. That and Valis IV.

Oh, and Animatch on the GP2X Wiz. It's one of the built in games I'm a sucker for.
Hey ceti! Where have you been?

Anyway, how is the GP2X Wix? There's a "Wiz" model? I'll have to do some research, but it seems they released a new model since I last looked at them.

I'll buy Coryoon off of you when you get sick of it :)

turbogrfxfan

dynasty war and double dragon 2. dynasty war was ok. way easy and got pretty boring.  Then I put in double dragon 2 and it was awesome.  Really cool game once you get into it.  Now for granzort to film for my review

CGQuarterly

Played Magical Chase for a while today (relax, I used a flash card).  It's better than I usually give it credit for.  It's a shame that it isn't more common.

I also played some Namcot Baseball 91.  That game has the exact same music and sound effects as a baseball game on the NES, but I can't remember which one.  RBI, maybe?

I got several new PCE games in the mail today, but I need more time to check them out.

Chris

Mathius

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 04/23/2011, 06:19 PMdynasty war and double dragon 2. dynasty war was ok. way easy and got pretty boring.  Then I put in double dragon 2 and it was awesome.  Really cool game once you get into it.  Now for granzort to film for my review
Glad you are finally able to enjoy DDII! :)

And yes. It is about time for that Granzort review!

blueraven

I was kicked in the face by China Warrior.

esteban

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 04/23/2011, 07:17 PMI also played some Namcot Baseball 91.  That game has the exact same music and sound effects as a baseball game on the NES, but I can't remember which one.  RBI, maybe?
:)

[I Love The PC Engine] Pro Yakyuu World Stadium

You were correct, comrade.

PunkCryborg

I realized I suck at Metal Slug so I started practicing up on the first one. I finished with only using 22 continues first and then the next play through I went down to 14. Yeah I suck but just need to practice some more and maybe Ill get it down to only a few.
Also got an arcade card duo from bmw the other day so now I can finally play my Sapphire. It's been said a billion times but man it's amazing what they did with the system in that game. It looks better than a lot of Saturn games.
Also just fixed my GT so now I am enjoying some Rastan Saga, Bomberman 93+94, Valkyrie Densetsu  and Final Soldier on the go

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: elabit on 04/28/2011, 12:42 AMAlso got an arcade card duo from bmw the other day so now I can finally play my Sapphire. It's been said a billion times but man it's amazing what they did with the system in that game. It looks better than a lot of Saturn games.
Yup. Sapphire never ceases to amaze. :)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

TR0N

PS3
Marvel vs Capcom 3
Streets of Rage 2

Famicom
Kabuki Quantum Fighter

Recently i did sign up for sony free trail of there plus service and they were offering,SOR2 for free so i downloaded it.SOR2 on the PS3 does have good emulation and the online play 'isn't to bad either.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

roflmao

Someone in another thread mentioned that Capcom Classics Collection Volume 2 for the PS2 had 480p, so I hunted it down at a nearby Gamestop (for $7!) and have been playing that a lot the past couple of days.  It gave me reason to hook the PS2 up again. :)  I'm really impressed at how well (most of) these games look in 480p.  1941 is so crisp and colorful. (and hard!)

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 06/21/2011, 08:09 AMSomeone in another thread mentioned that Capcom Classics Collection Volume 2 for the PS2 had 480p, so I hunted it down at a nearby Gamestop (for $7!) and have been playing that a lot the past couple of days.  It gave me reason to hook the PS2 up again. :)  I'm really impressed at how well (most of) these games look in 480p.  1941 is so crisp and colorful. (and hard!)
yeah that is a great collection! funny I use my ps2 for playing older games mainly. The Taito Legends collections are great too, has like rainbow islands and elevator action returns. Definitely pick it up if you don't have it already!

roflmao

Great, now I'm going to have to hunt them down as well... :P Looks like Gamestop sells them for a measly $3 ea so I'll have to keep my eye out for them.  Thanks!

chany60126

Have been playing Resident Evil on the Sega Saturn using Jill. I am getting my behind kicked by those gremlins, shortly after killing Plant 42. Holy crap do they sneak up on you! Must find more shotgun ammo. LOL

DirkFunk

I got Shadows of The Damned for Xbox 360 yesterday.

So far I really like it.

blueraven

Parasite Eve 1 lvl 27 PS1

turbogrfxfan

bomberman panic and gouls and ghosts sgx

geise

Valis Phantasm Soldier.  Been a long time since I've played it.  Haha and it shows.  #-o