What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Jesse813

Popped in Space Harrier today. pretty good even though it doesn't look quite as good as the arcade.

nat

Space Harrier on the Turbo is a fantastic port. Lunatics like Joe Redifer will try to convince you that the SMS version somehow looks better, but don't listen. The biggest issue with the Turbo port is the lack of a checkerboard floor. I just don't understand why that wasn't possible.

My Duomazov brother's and my thoughts on it: http://www.thebrothersduomazov.com/search/label/Space%20Harrier
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Jesse813

yea I read that review a while ago. I think both versions are good, but they both pale in comparison to the Arcade

Gogan

Nothin beats the real thing.

jlued686

New Adventure Island. I always pop in this game when I need a quick fix; usually on the Turbo Express. I've got it plugged in and sitting on my desk, so when I'm working I can take a break.

The Adventure Island games are awesome. Pure platformers that require timing and speed. One of my favorite Turbo titles.

Jesse813

Dyna138

I'm currently batting back and forth between Monster Lair and Dynastic Hero. Trying to beat Monster Lair...I hate those last few stages.  ](*,)

turbogrfxfan

"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

hoobs88

Quote from: Dyna138 on 06/01/2011, 06:10 PMI'm currently batting back and forth between Monster Lair and Dynastic Hero. Trying to beat Monster Lair...I hate those last few stages.  ](*,)
I'm stuck in Dynastic Hero. If you get through the last castle, let me know how you did it.
Thanks!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

roflmao

I just died many, many times in Lords of Thunder.

One day I'll be decent at playing this game. ;)

Jesse813

DirkFunk

Lords of Thunder

I have the Sega CD version but just recently got the Turbo version. . .

I don't know what it is about the Turbo version, but It's much better. More Challenging for sure.

Jesse813

I Agree. Lords of Thunder is much better on the Turbo 8)

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Jesse813 on 06/02/2011, 03:36 PMI Agree. Lords of Thunder is much better on the Turbo 8)
LoT SCD came out in 1993, whereas the Sega CD version was out in 1995.  I'm surprised that in 2 years Hudoson wasn't able to make it more advanced or make it a special edition.  Pretty much just cut back on the amount of colors, and added a voice to the lady in the shop.  Wasn't too impressed.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Dyna138

Quote from: hoobs88 on 06/01/2011, 08:14 PMI'm stuck in Dynastic Hero. If you get through the last castle, let me know how you did it.
Thanks!
Sure thing.  O:)

Jesse813

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 06/02/2011, 04:08 PM
Quote from: Jesse813 on 06/02/2011, 03:36 PMI Agree. Lords of Thunder is much better on the Turbo 8)
LoT SCD came out in 1993, whereas the Sega CD version was out in 1995.  I'm surprised that in 2 years Hudoson wasn't able to make it more advanced or make it a special edition.  Pretty much just cut back on the amount of colors, and added a voice to the lady in the shop.  Wasn't too impressed.
While I can understand cutting back the colors because of the limited color Palette of the Genesis, you'd think they be able to improve other areas of the game besides just adding voice to the shop lady.

DirkFunk

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 06/02/2011, 04:08 PM
And the music sounds more polished. But I think the Turbo Version's music has more of an edge. Which is better in my opinion.

jlued686

Shape Shifter - I never really gave this game much time after I got it a few years ago during one of my pushes to complete my collection. But today, during a marathon session of games like Talespin, JJ & Jeff, Keith Courage, Riot Zone, and Last Alert, I decided to pop in Shape Shifter. Man, I'm glad I did. What a great game! It took a little while for me to warm up to it, but once I did, I really liked it. The audio is great, the visuals are really impressive, and I like the Simon's Quest-vibe I get from it.

My only complaints are a) The main character is a bit sluggish and I hate how he jumps. I missed a number of platforms because of his goofy jump, b) Those damn flying enemies! They don't give much damage, but they are annoying as hell. I'm talking about the flying bugs, bats, n' shit. But I guess the same is true for most games. c) The fortune-teller seems useless. I got stuck in a certain area and wasn't sure where to go next. The fortune-teller, rather than giving me a clue, simply said something to the effect of, "You have great strength inside you. That's all I have to say" and took his 30 coins. Ripoff!

Anyway, love the game and glad I finally put some time into it.

Jesse813

PunkCryborg

Played some Shock Troopers earlier with a buddy of mine. The best mindless blow up shit kinda game after a night of dranking

nat

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2011, 10:31 PMAnyway, love the game and glad I finally put some time into it.
It only gets better from there. One of the console's best platformers.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Jesse813

Lilgrafx

I beat Keith Courage for the second Time and even though my first Impression was that it was terrible, I have to say I've warmed up to the game and can manage to call it okay. I don't know why I enjoyed it more this time  :-k

Dyna138

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 06/04/2011, 07:19 PMI beat Keith Courage for the second Time and even though my first Impression was that it was terrible, I have to say I've warmed up to the game and can manage to call it okay. I don't know why I enjoyed it more this time  :-k
You're not alone, I think it's the "bad pack-in" stigma that people are extra harsh on it. Taken on its own merits I think it's a pretty decent and enjoyable game. I guess it depends on your mindset when you first play it.

hoobs88

Quote from: Jesse813 on 06/04/2011, 02:08 PMPanic Bomber
Even though I don't fully understand the mechanics behind the game, I still enjoy it. My second favorite puzzle game.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: Dyna138 on 06/04/2011, 08:51 PM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 06/04/2011, 07:19 PMI beat Keith Courage for the second Time and even though my first Impression was that it was terrible, I have to say I've warmed up to the game and can manage to call it okay. I don't know why I enjoyed it more this time  :-k
You're not alone, I think it's the "bad pack-in" stigma that people are extra harsh on it. Taken on its own merits I think it's a pretty decent and enjoyable game. I guess it depends on your mindset when you first play it.
You know I think you're right  The first time I played through It I had heard how bad the game was and that made me, with out realizing it, judge it harshly. This time after playing it before I just took it as it was, a pretty average game.

PunkCryborg

I had a productive night
Parasol Stars
Bloody Wolf
Time Cruise
Ninja Spirit
maybe I'll wrap the night up with some JJ and Jeff??

Jesse813

Legendary Axe II

not quite as good as the first game still a great game :D

_Paul

On YS II now but limiting my time because the status bar has burned into my Plasma TV.

Jesse813

hoobs88

BlueBMW

Played some Star Parojia today :D  Got stuck at a boss on the desert / pyramid / tomb level  ](*,)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Jesse813

SuperPlay

Giving YS 1&II a blast at the moment :-)

Lilgrafx

Quote from: Jesse813 on 06/06/2011, 12:18 PMbusy playing Cadash on the PCE :)
That's a fun a Game, but the way I beat made me feel kinda cheap because on the 3rd dungeon I grinded like crazy until I was maxed out. I don't think it took me more than 5 hits on the final boss :)

DirkFunk

Quote from: SuperPlay on 06/06/2011, 03:34 PMGiving YS 1&II a blast at the moment :-)
I got a copy on Saturday. Greatly enjoying it so far.

Jesse813

thrush

Quote from: Jesse813 on 06/06/2011, 12:18 PMbusy playing Cadash on the PCE :)
This is near the top of my to-play list!

Jesse813

and it should be as its an excellent game

BlueBMW

Played some Hellfire S today.  Not a bad little shootie :D  Also grinding through Dragon Slayer.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/07/2011, 08:03 PMPlayed some Hellfire S today.  Not a bad little shootie :D  Also grinding through Dragon Slayer.
love hellfire! really cool game.   ug i have soo many ames to play.

ive been playing strider...im stuck on last stage.  also played some aldynes
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

roflmao

Played some Blazing Lazers today.

Then I got this Saturn Joystick http://www.amazon.com/ASCII-Stick-sega-saturn/dp/B00004SW0Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1307499937&sr=8-1 and played a fair amount of Galactic Attack.  That game is really growing on me. Sorry, Obey.

Jesse813

jlued686

I found a loose copy of Tiger Road at a local store for $12 yesterday. Not a great price, I know, but when I see a copy of a game I don't own in a store I have to buy it. Beats eBay, right?

DirkFunk

Jesse813

Dyna138

I was in a shooter mood lately and fired up Blazing Lazers and Raiden.

Also gave Monster Lair another go and was doing good until I epic failed on stage 12 and 13. One day I'll beat that game without the contine cheat.  :mrgreen:

Lilgrafx

Lilgrafx