10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

custom TG16/PCE hucard cases… ROUND 2!!

Started by Sparky, 07/03/2011, 10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

hey guys welcome to round 2 of custom PCE/Tg16 cases :)   lets get right to it...

Grab a CD case and take out the inner tray & using a damn sharp xacto knife and ruler cut out the inner tray to the size of one of your hue card sleeves (tape down an old sleeve and use it as a template).  Dont include that small tab of plastic that is on the side of your sleeve.. that will be used to hold your card :)

NOTE: make sure on the size of your hue card sleeves as you dont want to have the inner tray cut to small,
having it very slightly over sized is better.

IMG

After it has been cut out reassemble and slide your card with the sleeve tab under the right side edge
of your inner tray & presto, your card and sleeve sit in very firmly, all held by the plastic sleeve tab.
(you may need to lift/bend the tray slightly to allow the tab to slide in easy the first couple times)

IMG

also have a look at the back of the case as you now see the back of the hue card as well,
nothing to exciting but stilling looking good.

IMG

OPTIONAL: like i mentioned in my first custom case thread you can spray the back of a cd case
with Krylon Fusion Plastic spray paint (satin black) to match those tg16 cases to a T!!!
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=5913.0

well there ya go... this ghuetto solution was brought to you in part by red wine and the letter T.

Zeon

Very clever sparks. :) You could even put the hucard in with the label facing the back so you can get a glimpse of what game you have from the front and the back.

hizaygizirlz

Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

blueraven

:D COOL I can get rid of all of my Demos and worthless CD's, AND store PCE at the same time!!! Brilliant!!!

SuperPlay

csgx1

Very nice...Another ingenious idea by the ever creative Sparky! =D>  Simple, clean and cheap to do...I like it. 

Almost like the white PCE hucard holder/case.

Sparky

thanks guys, just an idea and it works so until you hunt down other TG16 cases this will do.

OldMan

So, sparky....
When are you gonna cut up an old CD front, and glue a strip in to mimic the clip?

Sparky

hey would like to see that :) giv-r a shot oldman... i am not the only one with an xacto knife :P

OldMan

Please note the name. They don't trust me with sharp objects anymore.

[Maybe I will this week. We need something to put the home made cards in.]

PunkCryborg

I was thinking the same thing for a clip. You could even use clear plastic from a cd case front for the clip. If you use a really hot blow dryer on it for a minute it would round off the edges and it wouldn't look too bad. Then use some epoxy to glue it in should do the trick

thrush

TheClash603

Ouch!  I cut my finger.

Gotta get my gf to do this for me...

OldMan

It took longer than I thought with the butter knife, but I think I'll keep it....

OldMan

...Got to work on the positioning, though.

Arkhan Asylum

Hey.  Thats what I was going to do for the AbCards, once we got them going and sellable lol

well at least this confirms that the idea will work. :D
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Sparky

Quote from: TheOldMan on 07/04/2011, 12:42 PMIt took longer than I thought with the butter knife, but I think I'll keep it....
nice Oldman... those sausage fingers did a decent job :P
now make sure you slide that tab on the sleeve in behind the case insert... it will hold it and then your clip will guarantee it will stay.

Arkhan Asylum

Sparky, Ill credit you in the design of the AbCard case as a tester, lol.

I have a few ideas for how to cut that hole out nicely so it looks like it was meant to be cut out.

this reminds me.   How would you feel about maybe making the stickers for the cases? :D  Are they expensive to create?  Would be pretty awesome to involve moar community bitches for this
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldMan

Quotemake sure you slide that tab on the sleeve in behind the case insert.
Can't quite do that - the clip prevents it. But the clip actually holds the card nice and tight, without the sleeve tab
being behind the tray. And, you can grab the tab to slide the card and sleeve out.
I'm surprised no one thought of this sooner..

Arkhan Asylum

I think its because it looks tacky (for now!) and were all pompous douchebags when it comes to our PCE stuff.

:)

Sparky

tacky? i think it looks pretty damn good, (the plastic clip is not for me) and i took very little care on this first one as i did not even know if it would work.

ALSO i would be happy to help ya out with stickers or what not, there not to expensive but having them machine trimmed can be depending on numbers. PM me if ya want me to work out a quote for ya :)

BlackandBlue

Very nice.  I bought some cheap cases a while ago from staples and they are made from very flimsy plastic.  I just popped the tabs that hold the cd in place and the game fits nice and snug.  They flop around without the sleeve.

IMG

IMG
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Duo_R

love the creativity Sparks! Nice job!
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

kattare

I definitely love the creativity!  A year or so ago I went to a plastics company here in town and asked what it would take to mold some new cases.  It was some pretty serious bucks, mostly in setting up the mold/die/whatever they call it.  Once you have that it's like $1/case, but you'd have to sell thousands of them just to break even on the die setup.

I decided instead to just buy keith courage and sports titles however many times I needed to in order to have cases for all my games.  ;-)
Webhost by day, (www.kattare.com) retro gamer by night.

T2KFreeker

:twisted: Thread Revival here. Obviously Sparky Linked to it though. Still an awesome idea. Also, if you are creative enough and have a printer, you could always make custom inserts for the CD cases to boot. I was thinking about trying this but really had no clue if it would work. Now I'm very happy to know that it will! Nice Sparky!
END OF LINE.