The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueraven

Cosmic Fantasy 2 and Gate of Thunder.

Digi.k

been playing these in no particular order:

half minute hero super mega neo climax
GTA 4 ballad of gay Tony
Front Mission Evolved

roflmao

Lots of Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna lately.

TR0N

PS3
Demon's Souls
Uncharted 3 beta
MvsC3
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

BlueBMW

PCE:
Nexzr
Godzilla

PC:
Borderlands
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

thrush

Lately I have been trying to do too much at once:

PCE
    • Neutopia (almost finished!)
    • Cosmic Fantasy 2
      DS
      • Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
      • Dragon Quest 6
        Game Cube
        • Metroid Prime 2
          Mac
          • Dwarf Fortress

....I have so many more I want to get to, too!  >_(\  I guess that's a good sort of problem, though.  ^_^

turbogrfxfan

air zonk, 5 hours of military madness(killer game!), hellfire, double drag 2
          "Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

csgx1

-Golden Axe PCE CD....Kind of a let down. :(

-Kung Fu Master, Gameboy.

roflmao

Great selection of TG16/PCE goodness, turbogrfxfan!

Recently I've been playing some "Puyo Puyo" as I just picked it up from Hit-Japan (post forthcoming in the "what did you get" thread), "Ninja Spirit" (beat it on the Express.  Have pictures; post forthcoming), and watching "Star Parodier," "Operation Wolf," "Bomberman '94," and an "Unknown Platformer" on an old VHS tape.  Finally got that last bit recorded and it's currently uploading to YouTube (yep, post forthcoming).  :dance:

geise

I realized I haven't play Air Zonk in over a year!  :shock:  So I rocked it out on Spicy and choked really bad at the last level.

CGQuarterly

I picked up Metroid: Zero Mission for the GBA the other day.  Nintendo Power just did a top-10 list and said it was the best GBA game ever made, so I had to at least check it out.  I can't believe that I didn't buy it new.  Great game if you like Metroid and Super Metroid.

Chris

geise

Air Zonk!  Again I choked on the last level.  It's just been to long since I've played it.  I didn't continue cause I'm going for highscroes.  Also, why in the hell is there not an Air Zonk/PC Denjin High Score thread?  I looked and couldn't find one.  That's very surprising to me.  Or, maybe I'm blind. 8)

TR0N

PS3
          Mortal Kombat
          Uncharted 3 beta

The new mk is definitely done right compared to the past ones.
          IMG

blueraven

Beat Parasite Eve for the PS!, and Strider for the Genny.

Also have been playing Gate of Thunder and Insanity daily.

djspence

Playing the new Zombie map on BOps for the 360, anybody wanna play? add me my gamertag is "djspencee"

thrush

Called it quits with Dwarf Fortress, so now I'm trying a Pokemon game for the first time.  No opinion on it yet.

Digi.k

playing a pc game called recettear

Lilgrafx

Tried to no prevail to beat My Hero on the SMS. I love that game but I can't get past the frogs on level 2.

roflmao

Played some Sonic 3 on my new Genny (huge thanks to BlueBMW), and Thunder Spirits and Gradius III on the SNES lately.

Love the music in Sonic 3.

Thunder Spirits (I guess it's the same as Thunder Force III for the Genny) reminds me a LOT of Gate of Thunder.  I saw someone on the forums recently posted a YT video of a hacked version of GoT with some of the graphics replaced - I think I see now where those graphics came from. :)

Holy Crap Gradius III is unforgiving.  Once you die, you might as well start over.  Hooray for the soft-reset they built in.

BlueBMW

Lets see...... what all did I play today:

Nexzr
          Nexzr Special
          Faceball
          Bomberman 94
          Daimakaimura
          Aldynes
          Dragon Saber
          Battle Load Runner
          Salamander
          Bikkuriman World
          Gunhed Special
          Magical Chase
          Final Soldier

And I'm sure a few others :D
          [Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

PunkCryborg

looks like a marathon there BMW.

I went on a trip this weekend and I was going to bring my GT but I brought my GBA instead and played some Tales of Phantasia, Gradius Galaxies and River City Ransom.
          It's not that I didn't want to play PCE but I wanted to make it through the whole flight without my batteries dying  :lol:

thrush

Been playing Muramasa on the Wii.

Quote from: Digi.k on 07/16/2011, 02:38 PMplaying a pc game called recettear
          Neat~!!  First game in a long time to make me wish I had a windows machine.  ^^b

Quote from: guest on 07/16/2011, 10:20 PMLove the music in Sonic 3.
          Totally!  There's some cool play mechanics in there, too.

BlueBMW

Played "Vampire Killer" on MSX :D

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/27/2011, 11:58 PMPlayed "Vampire Killer" on MSX :D
          Awesome! :D I have always wanted to try that game out. I am going through somewhat of a Castlevania phase hee hee. :)

Lilgrafx

Had a Genesis night tonight. I played Exile and beat both Vectorman and Musha. Musha is my without a doubt my favorite shooter (keep in mind I only have 1 on the turbo).

Mathius

Been on a real Castlevania binge lately. Playing:

Dracula X (very close to finally clearing this one)
          Bloodlines
          Super Castlevania IV
          Aria of Sorrow (just bought this one)
          Castlevania x68000 (Chronicles version)
          Symphony of the Night (Started playing this one from the beginning just to listen to the music and got all the way to the 2nd castle. My only gripe with the game is the music tracks repeat once you've made it that far.)
          Castlevania III

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 08/05/2011, 10:30 AMBeen on a real Castlevania binge lately. Playing:

Bloodlines
          Super Castlevania IV
          Symphony of the Night (Started playing this one from the beginning just to listen to the music and got all the way to the 2nd castle. My only gripe with the game is the music tracks repeat once you've made it that far.)
          Castlevania III
          Which version of Dracula X?

Did you get Aria of Sorrow on GBA or Cell phone?
          --DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/05/2011, 01:22 PM
          Quote from: Mathius on 08/05/2011, 10:30 AMBeen on a real Castlevania binge lately. Playing:

Bloodlines
          Super Castlevania IV
          Castlevania III
          Which version of Dracula X?

Did you get Aria of Sorrow on GBA or Cell phone?
          Sorry, Rondo of Blood. :)  I don't have the SNES Dracula X yet.

I am playing the GBA version of AoS on my GameBoy Player. Playing with a Hori Pad makes it feel like I am enjoying a long lost SNES title. :)

thrush

Quote from: Mathius on 08/05/2011, 04:41 PMI am playing the GBA version of AoS on my GameBoy Player. Playing with a Hori Pad makes it feel like I am enjoying a long lost SNES title. :)
          Awesome.  I think Aria of Sorrow is the best of the latter-day Castlevanias.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: thrush on 08/06/2011, 03:28 PMAwesome.  I think Aria of Sorrow is the best of the latter-day Castlevanias.
          I have Aria and Dawn of Sorrow on about equal terms. I like both of those games more than Symphony of the Night strangely enough.
          --DragonmasterDan

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 08/05/2011, 04:41 PMI am playing the GBA version of AoS on my GameBoy Player. Playing with a Hori Pad makes it feel like I am enjoying a long lost SNES title. :)
          Also, I have the Pelican 2D pad for GameCube. http://www.capngames.com/images/videogames/gc-pelican-retro-pad.jpg It works pretty well, if you wanted to 100% get the SNES experience out of it you could always use one of those SNES to GameCube port adapters http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=31
          --DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/06/2011, 06:20 PM
          Also, I have the Pelican 2D pad for GameCube. http://www.capngames.com/images/videogames/gc-pelican-retro-pad.jpg It works pretty well, if you wanted to 100% get the SNES experience out of it you could always use one of those SNES to GameCube port adapters http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=31
          I actually enjoy the Hori Pad more than the classic SNES pad. It's one of the most comfortable controllers I have ever used.

thrush

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/06/2011, 06:07 PMI have Aria and Dawn of Sorrow on about equal terms. I like both of those games more than Symphony of the Night strangely enough.
          I think the main thing (totally subjective) that prompts me to place Aria of Sorrow above Dawn of Sorrow is that I enjoy the characters & story in Aria more.  A minor point for that kind of game, but it still makes a difference for me.  What makes you like these games more the Symphony of the Night, if I may ask?  ^^

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/06/2011, 06:20 PMAlso, I have the Pelican 2D pad for GameCube. http://www.capngames.com/images/videogames/gc-pelican-retro-pad.jpg
          I really like the look of that one!  It doesn't have analog sticks hiding on there somewhere, does it?  If so, I'd consider replacing the standard controller for my GC games (having a touogh time in Metroid Prime 2 right now)....

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: thrush on 08/07/2011, 09:59 AMI think the main thing (totally subjective) that prompts me to place Aria of Sorrow above Dawn of Sorrow is that I enjoy the characters & story in Aria more.  A minor point for that kind of game, but it still makes a difference for me.  What makes you like these games more the Symphony of the Night, if I may ask?  ^^
          Symphony of the Night while a bit longer than Aria and about the same size as Dawn of Sorrow is a bit less balanced. Alucard becomes far too powerful in SoTN to present any real challenge.

Soma is a much more balanced character, he has a more interesting variety of powers without being so unstoppable towards the end. Just on a side note, the characters in Aria and Dawn are basically the same cast, so I figure the story must be your reasoning.

I also think years of doing Metroidvania CVs gave Igarashi's team a better idea of what makes a good game. There's more personality to the envirionment in the "Of Sorrow" games than Sotn.

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/06/2011, 06:20 PMI really like the look of that one!  It doesn't have analog sticks hiding on there somewhere, does it?  If so, I'd consider replacing the standard controller for my GC games (having a touogh time in Metroid Prime 2 right now)....
          No Analog sticks, it's D-pad only. The version of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes on Metroid Prime Triology has been fixed to be not so ridiculously difficult compared to the GameCube original.
          --DragonmasterDan

thrush

DragonmasterDan, you make some good points about SotN.

Regarding Aria vs Dawn, although most of the characters are the same they don't really act the same, Hammer & Yoko in particular; I also find Dario & Dmitri somewhat irritating.  Perhaps I should have said "character interaction" instead of "characters".  I think the script was more engaging in Aria even if the story is somewhat more complex in Dawn.  I agree for the most part about the years of practice making the newstyle CVs better, and I completely support Igarashi for sticking to a tried-and-true formula.  But, I think it has not been a strictly linear progression.  For example, although I quite enjoyed Order of Ecclasia I still prefer either of the Of Sorrow games.

Perhaps what I really want is a game that feels like a true successor to Castlevania 2....

In related news, I *finally* beat the darn Alpha Blogg in Metroid Prime 2 today!

roflmao

Just got back from vacationing in San Diego, CA.  I brought my Express and played a lot of Air Zonk (couldn't beat it but made it pretty far into the boss run), the Crush games (my 3 year old now loves these games) and the Soldier games.

While I was out there I picked up Atomic Robo Kid and Castle of Illusion for the Genesis ($4 ea). Atomic Robo Kid kicks my ass right now, but I've been digging Castle of Illusion (again, it doesn't hurt to have a 3 year old present who is a wicked Disney fan).

Mathius

Castle of Illusion is THE Disney game!

Beat Rondo of Blood! Well, destroyed Dracula which should last for about four years. Now I need to go through with Maria, slaughter everything, get that last alternated stage, and score 100%.

thrush

All the employees at my preferred local game store tell me Castle of Illusion is one of the best games on the Genesis.  I still haven't tried it....

Good work on Rondo, Mathius!  Dracula remains one of my fave game villains.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: thrush on 08/09/2011, 10:28 AMAll the employees at my preferred local game store tell me Castle of Illusion is one of the best games on the Genesis.  I still haven't tried it....
          It's a good Genesis game, yet strangely not as good as Mickey Mouse: The Magical Quest on SNES.
          --DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/09/2011, 01:44 PM
          Quote from: thrush on 08/09/2011, 10:28 AMAll the employees at my preferred local game store tell me Castle of Illusion is one of the best games on the Genesis.  I still haven't tried it....
          It's a good Genesis game, yet strangely not as good as Mickey Mouse: The Magical Quest on SNES.
          I never played that one. But, I heard it wasn't all that great. Key word, "Heard."

geise

Sunset Riders PCB on my supergun purchased from Opeth!  Bury me with...my...money! :lol:

TR0N

PS3
          Golden Axe
          PCE
          Magical Chase
          DC
          Border Down
          IMG

Vecanti

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.PceEmu&feature=search_result

I've been playing PCE at work a bunch now after downloading this.

Mostly Devil's Crush.

Lilgrafx

Final Fantasy IV on the PS1

roflmao

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 08/12/2011, 11:21 PMFinal Fantasy IV on the PS1 
          What a coincidence, I've been playing it on the GBA lately. :)

GohanX

I got Dragons Curse (us) in the mail today, threw it in the Turbo Express and had much fun.  I then tried to write down the password, which I could barely read on the TE's screen. The password I wrote down didn't work :(

Guess I'll have to wait until I get the TG16 to play it, the Duo R isn't region modded.

Mathius

Quote from: JKM on 08/15/2011, 08:19 PMI got Dragons Curse (us) in the mail today, threw it in the Turbo Express and had much fun.  I then tried to write down the password, which I could barely read on the TE's screen. The password I wrote down didn't work :(

Guess I'll have to wait until I get the TG16 to play it, the Duo R isn't region modded.
          Get a TurboBooster Plus or Turbo CD and you can save it via in system memory.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Mathius on 08/15/2011, 09:03 PM
          Quote from: JKM on 08/15/2011, 08:19 PMI got Dragons Curse (us) in the mail today, threw it in the Turbo Express and had much fun.  I then tried to write down the password, which I could barely read on the TE's screen. The password I wrote down didn't work :(

Get a TurboBooster Plus or Turbo CD and you can save it via in system memory.
          I played through DC on my TE many times back in the day. I suggest scrolling through the characters of the password entry screen before playing and making a chart of similar looking characters, so you can swap in alternates of the most confusing characters if a password doesn't work.
          Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Lilgrafx

Quote from: guest on 08/14/2011, 10:58 PM
          Quote from: Lilgrafx on 08/12/2011, 11:21 PMFinal Fantasy IV on the PS1 
          What a coincidence, I've been playing it on the GBA lately. :)
          Yeah this is the first Final Fantasy I've played and it really good, a typical turn based battle system and a good story.

roflmao

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 08/17/2011, 12:38 PMYeah this is the first Final Fantasy I've played and it really good, a typical turn based battle system and a good story.
          I think the Final Fantasy games pretty much went downhill from here (though I think I'm in the minority). 

I tried playing through FF 6 (3 on the SNES) and, while I know it is often considered the best in the series, it didn't hold my attention as much as IV (2 on the SNES).  Same with FF7.  I skipped FF8. 

I really liked FF9 though.  I'd definitely recommend that one. 

I never finished FFX (though I have a save right near the end and keep thinking one day I'll go back and finish it).  And I haven't played any of the other ones.