RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thesteve

its a tough game.
certainly a challenge, considering 3 hits your out, with no way to recover HP.
learn to dodge bullets and you'll do  just fine, and have fun doing it.

bartre

I was in need of some new turbo, so i traded a dude for gradius II.
can't say I enjoyed it very much, the music was good though.
my big 2 issues were that the ship speed seemed erratic, giving you no real control, and the hitbox seemed a little off on some things.

Dyna138

Quote from: bartre on 09/11/2011, 08:52 AMI was in need of some new turbo, so i traded a dude for gradius II.
can't say I enjoyed it very much, the music was good though.
my big 2 issues were that the ship speed seemed erratic, giving you no real control, and the hitbox seemed a little off on some things.
I have a love/hate relationship with Gradius II. I pick it up every once and awhile for a playthrough, but I usually mess up on the boss rush/final stage and then it's next to impossible to recover. I did clear it on normal once, but that was a long time ago.

geise

Override!  Played through the game and finished it twice in a row...finally!

Keith Courage

Override is an awesome shooter. I am not sure what it is about it but I like it much more than blazing lasers and super star soldier.

geise

Probably cause it's one of those games that goes under the radar.  It's not talked about very much here but most that have played it love it!  Nice graphics, great music, a little different on the weapon system.  It's just a simple fun well made shooter.

csgx1

Space Harrier.  Graphics are pretty nice and it's surprisingly a decent port.

JapanTokei

Final lap twin - the built in Rpg is hella fun.  The super cheesy enemies that want to race you with names like Bad Betty, Al Under and Guido just adds to it.

Tatsujin

Quote from: geise on 09/12/2011, 12:22 PMProbably cause it's one of those games that goes under the radar.  It's not talked about very much here but most that have played it love it!  Nice graphics, great music, a little different on the weapon system.  It's just a simple fun well made shooter.
it's almost the origin of teh bullet sprayers.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: JapanTokei on 09/17/2011, 10:06 AMFinal lap twin - the built in Rpg is hella fun.  The super cheesy enemies that want to race you with names like Bad Betty, Al Under and Guido just adds to it. 
Haha. Yeah, it's a blast. :)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

thesteve

that last race is quite the challenge too

phipscube

I've been playing Gunhed on my GT today (between duties with the kids etc). I haven't played it for years, it seems a bit easy nowadays, but plays very well still.

thrush

Finally had a weekend without overwhelming homework so I was able to complete Cosmic Fantasy 2 at last!  The ending was pretty cool & unexpected.  Overall, the game was everything I wanted it to be, which is saying something considering how long I've wanted to play through this thing.  d^__^b

Followed it up with a little Dungeon Explorer.  Maybe I will tackle Bonk next....

MotherGunner

I'm playing WRing.  Love this game!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

BlueBMW

Played some Double Dragon II, Asuka 120% burning fest, Salamander, NewZealand Story, and Heavy Unit. :D  Good times, all thanks to MotherGunner who sold / traded them to me :mrgreen:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

allyourblood

Doraemon Meikyuu Daisakusen (Cratermaze). I really like this game. Each time I play it I start from the beginning, get into it for about a half hour, and then get called away to something else. Apparently this game doesn't give you your password until you die, so I haven't bothered finding the codes to pick up where I left off; I just start over again. The graphics are cool, the music is fun (if a little repetitive), and I don't really mind starting from the first stage again and again. It's really a fun little game. I want to pick up the US version for the different music. Anyone happen to know if the levels are identical between the two, not counting the different sprites?
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

bartre

I played quite the lot of Legendary Axe II, thanks to beemer
thanks again, man!

roflmao

Played some Cotton this evening.  Good stuff, but I wonder if I'd be any better at it if I knew what the different colored gems meant.  Perhaps I should look into that one of these days...

MotherGunner

Quote from: BlueBMW on 09/17/2011, 11:55 PMPlayed some Double Dragon II, Asuka 120% burning fest, Salamander, NewZealand Story, and Heavy Unit. :D  Good times, all thanks to MotherGunner who sold / traded them to me :mrgreen:
Outstanding!  Salamander is a MOTHER (no pun intended) without the Konami code.
-MG

allyourblood

Quote from: guest on 09/18/2011, 01:08 AMPlayed some Cotton this evening.  Good stuff, but I wonder if I'd be any better at it if I knew what the different colored gems meant.  Perhaps I should look into that one of these days...
Crystals and their size values (from small to large):

Yellow Crystal = Score increase; 100 pts, 200 pts, 400 pts
Orange Crystal = Experience point increase; 2 pts, 4 pts, 8 pts
Red Crystal = Red Gemstone (DragonFire and FairyFlame Magic can be used); 1 Gemstone, 2 Gemstones, 3 Gemstones
Blue Crystal = Blue Gemstone (ElectroBolt and BlastBarrier can be used); 1 Gemstone, 2 Gemstones, 3 Gemstones

Where is fancy bred?

roflmao

Quote from: allyourblood on 09/18/2011, 01:18 PMCrystals and their size values (from small to large):

Yellow Crystal = Score increase; 100 pts, 200 pts, 400 pts
Orange Crystal = Experience point increase; 2 pts, 4 pts, 8 pts
Red Crystal = Red Gemstone (DragonFire and FairyFlame Magic can be used); 1 Gemstone, 2 Gemstones, 3 Gemstones
Blue Crystal = Blue Gemstone (ElectroBolt and BlastBarrier can be used); 1 Gemstone, 2 Gemstones, 3 Gemstones
Good to know, thanks!

farankoshan

Rondo, alongside Dracula XX (Super Famicom) for comparison. :)
"MISSION INCOMPLETE: I cannot fuck up for this."
- Download, PC-Engine (1990)

csgx1

Playing some Victory Run.  Seems pretty difficult since I haven't gotten too far.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: farankoshan on 09/18/2011, 05:05 PMRondo, alongside Dracula XX (Super Famicom) for comparison. :)
Did a little comparison gaming yesterday as well!  Played Rondo, Castlevania IV, and Castlevania:Bloodlines!!  16-bit Castlevania fest!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MotherGunner

Oddly enough I am playing Naxat Stadium... it really grows on you.
-MG

roflmao

I played a good chunk of Soldier Blade last night.  What a blast!

allyourblood

Played a little Battle Royale and Silent Debuggers for the first time today. Battle Royale is what I kinda always figured it would be: a little rough around the edges, but still kinda fun in a mindless, button-mashing way. Silent Debuggers seems pretty rad, but I need to look through the manual and play it a few times to get a feel for how to play it. I like the old school FP RPG feel to it so far.

Where is fancy bred?

Mishran

Not exactly currently playing it, but played through Bloody Wolf today. Pretty good game! Little short though.

chany60126

Quote from: Mishran on 09/20/2011, 06:09 PMNot exactly currently playing it, but played through Bloody Wolf today. Pretty good game! Little short though.
Bloody Wolf is a blast to play through. The last boss was a toughie. You'd never know exactly where the boss would teleport to, hehe. You should play Last Alert as well.

geise

Blast from the past and played some Bomberman using the code on the (hehe) 4 in 1 disc.  I know others are better but for some nastalgia I like the first one the best!  Even on 1 player I enjoy it.  My wife did kick my ass a couple times in VS.  I think she's better at it than I am.  Haha and I play it more!  Regardless it was fun.  Maybe I'll rock some Buster Bros. this weekend with her. :-k

Mishran

Bomberman is definitely a blast. I've slowly worked my way through it several times. Never gets old. Bomberman '94 is good too. Haven't played '93 yet, damn eBay gougers.

geise

There's always the dirt cheap pc-engine version.  :D  And with that one you also get a nice hu card case  8)

Lilgrafx

Just Played through Bloody wolf after seeing someone else post about it, it's a fun game. Run'n'Gun wasn't repersented well on the Turbo

SMF

Just got done playing some Madden on the Duo, Its the Madden I remember playing as a kid. So sloppy its fun feels like your sliding on the turf when you turn PRICELESS.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Mishran

Forgotten Worlds. That stupid centipede/worm boss keeps killing me. "Shoot the neck," the shopkeeper tells me. Easier said than done. :-({|=

farankoshan

Killing the Wyvern in Rondo never gets old. :)

geise

Quote from: farankoshan on 09/23/2011, 09:15 AMKilling the Wyvern in Rondo never gets old. :)
It sure doesn't.  I decided to sit down with some Cybercore today.

roflmao

Gradius II arrived in the mail today (thanks bartre!) so I've been playing that some. 

For an SCD, it doesn't seem very optimized.  So much slowdown on the ice level.  Spriggan is just a normal CD game and I think it has screens with just as much stuff going on, yet it doesn't seem to slow down as much as this.  I wonder why... 

Still, it's a fun game so far!  Plenty challenging.  As soon as I die, it pretty much means I lose all my remaining lives nearly instantly.  I guess the trick is to shoot everything and avoid getting hit. :P

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 09/23/2011, 03:12 PMGradius II arrived in the mail today (thanks bartre!) so I've been playing that some. 
I guess the trick is to shoot everything and avoid getting hit. :P
No the trick is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, II, I              :D
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

roflmao

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/23/2011, 03:18 PMNo the trick is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, II, I              :D
Lol!  I haven't tried that yet!  Will give it a shot later today.  For some reason I thought that would only work on the NES so didn't even think of it.

allyourblood

'Bout to put my fist through a wall trying to get my Duo to read discs, but in the meantime, I'm playing Neutopia again. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the game. Love it every time!

Where is fancy bred?

allyourblood

Finished Neutopia today. I love this game, no matter how many times I play it. I guess I'll start Neutopia II soon, but I should really try to beat that last level of Blazing Lazers first.

Where is fancy bred?

Dyna138

Played some Riot Zone and a little Bonk's Revenge. Riot Zone could have been so much more, its a shame there aren't too many stand-out brawlers on the Turbo.

roflmao

Played through Bonk's Adventure today.  It's one of the few games I know by heart.  I always spend way too much time early in the game juggling the enemies for extra lives.  When I finished it this evening I had 16 extra Bonks!  This game just never gets old.

allyourblood

Quote from: guest on 09/25/2011, 10:38 PMPlayed through Bonk's Adventure today.  It's one of the few games I know by heart.  I always spend way too much time early in the game juggling the enemies for extra lives.  When I finished it this evening I had 16 extra Bonks!  This game just never gets old.
I find if I race through the game without building up some 1ups toward the beginning, I end up not having enough during the last couple segments. When I take the time, I end up whipping the boss rush and final boss with tons of lives to spare. Funny how that works. That last boss fight is total bull, though. Hate that guy.

Where is fancy bred?

farankoshan

Tried playing SimEarth on PC-Engine...

Failed. I thought I'd manage through on icons and sparce english words. Fail.
It's unplayable if you can't read or understand Japanese.

Oh well!!

JapanTokei

I got in a bit of River City Random (Downtown Nekketsu) for last-time savoring before it goes to Hoobs via trade.  Good game, good game.  I hope I don't end up regretting it too much.

hoobs88

I don't need to know Japanese to play, right?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: JapanTokei on 09/26/2011, 01:45 PMI got in a bit of River City Random (Downtown Nekketsu) for last-time savoring before it goes to Hoobs via trade.  Good game, good game.  I hope I don't end up regretting it too much. 
You will regret this to the end of your life. 

Got in a bit of photograph boy on XmednefenPCE last night.  I really need to seek this out.  So fun!!

JapanTokei

TurboStar - don't make me cry!!  I have to goto bed!  Hoobs made a pretty fair trade imo so I'll honor it ...

Photograph boy - I have the actual huey ... the game is tough!!  I'm not quick enough with my reflexes to snap the pics.. good game.. can be found for ~$75 if you are patient !

HOOBs - you can play RCR w/o Japanese knowledge.  though some of the stores/dialogues you'll be missing out the speech/details.  IT's classic RCR to the core.  beatup, collect coins, kick bosses' azz, etc.

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/26/2011, 02:31 PM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 09/26/2011, 01:45 PMI got in a bit of River City Random (Downtown Nekketsu) for last-time savoring before it goes to Hoobs via trade.  Good game, good game.  I hope I don't end up regretting it too much. 
You will regret this to the end of your life. 

Got in a bit of photograph boy on XmednefenPCE last night.  I really need to seek this out.  So fun!!