OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

What Turbo game are you currently playing?

Started by WandererFromYs, 02/28/2008, 12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

machomadness

I'm playing Bonk's Adventure, Alien Crush, and New Adventure Island on my PSP and Lords of Thunder, R-Type Complete CD, and Fantasy Star Soldier on my Duo.
IMG

Robknoxious1

I just finished playing through Dracula X for the first time in many, many years. I've kinda been playing Lords of Thunder but mainly just messin' around with it to hear the soundtrack more so than making a serious run at completing it. Also I've been playing Blazing Lasers.

I'm trying to decide if I want to play the first Dungeon Explorer or just skip to DE2 which I prefer. Decisions, decisions  :-k

Robknoxious1

Quote from: machomadness on 10/28/2011, 02:58 AMI'm playing Bonk's Adventure, Alien Crush, and New Adventure Island on my PSP and Lords of Thunder, R-Type Complete CD, and Fantasy Star Soldier on my Duo.
Looks like you got a full plate there. All great games (well honestly I can't recall Fantasy Star). Lords of Thunder is a great shooter and has that epic metal sound track. Good choices.

munchiaz

^ i should be pciking up a copy of Lords tomorrow from a local shop. to bad its just the disc. But It's one of the turbo duo games ive wanted to play since i picked up my pc duo-r about a month ago. So i'm looking forward to it

hoobs88

Quote from: munchiaz on 10/29/2011, 06:20 AM^ i should be pciking up a copy of Lords tomorrow from a local shop. to bad its just the disc. But It's one of the turbo duo games ive wanted to play since i picked up my pc duo-r about a month ago. So i'm looking forward to it
If you ever decide to pick up a complete copy of the game, hang on to the loose disc for your stereo to listen to the soundtrack.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

JapanTokei

Hoobs are you playing Downtown Nekketsu?

machomadness

Quote from: Robknoxious1 on 10/29/2011, 05:46 AM
Quote from: machomadness on 10/28/2011, 02:58 AMI'm playing Bonk's Adventure, Alien Crush, and New Adventure Island on my PSP and Lords of Thunder, R-Type Complete CD, and Fantasy Star Soldier on my Duo.
Looks like you got a full plate there. All great games (well honestly I can't recall Fantasy Star). Lords of Thunder is a great shooter and has that epic metal sound track. Good choices.
I know, but what disappoints me the most is that in Japan, they have almost 100 games released on the PSP, but here in America, we only have a handful.....
IMG

roflmao

For the past couple of days I've been trying to get through Final Soldier with using any continues, and I can consistently make it to the 5th level boss but then he squashes me like a bug.  I beat the game a couple of months ago, so now I'm just trying to do it without continuing.

nat

Try Final Soldier on Hard mode for a real challenge. :)
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

roflmao

I can only imagine.  I'm not terribly skilled at shmups, but it doesn't stop me from playing them! 

Btw, I just realized Star Parodier has an Easy mode today.  I was breezing through it this afternoon and had made it to Level 6 without losing a life when my son woke up from his nap and I turned it off.  I've made it to the final boss a few times recently on Normal mode so was hoping to finally beat the game.  Maybe later tonight.  I'm so close to beating it on Normal, I think I'll just go back to that. :P

munchiaz

well i picked up lords of thunder and star parodier today. So playing some of those. will go through parodier first, then move on to lords.

machomadness

With Magic Engine on my MAME Cabinet, I've been playing Bonk's Adventure, Blazing Lazers, Gradius, and Salamander. Never thought the day would ever come that I could play those Turbo games with an actual Arcade Joystick!
IMG

JapanTokei

Guys - help!  I just cant seem to dive into Dungeon Explorer 2 after getting that in a trade from Bluebeamer.  It seems difficult to just jump in as one player mode and wandering around like other more linear games like Ys.

Any advice?  I really want to get into this!

While i wait for your pointers, i am plowing away at Ys part 2.  Just got into Solomon Tower.  Cant wait to beat this!  Beatin part one last year was awesome- finally getting to spend the time to finish part two!  My fav game of all time for sure.  Used to play the sheit out of this too on Sega sms!

nat

Have you played through Dungeon Explorer I first? You might want to do that to get acquainted with the gameplay first, as it's slightly more linear.

If you already have, then I'm not sure what more advice people might be able to give.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

allyourblood

I played Don Doko Don and Image Fight today. Both are tough games. Image Fight does so many cool things though, I'm surprised I don't hear about this game more often. Can't wait to get good enough to get deeper into the game. If the innovations keep up, this is an impressive title.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

roflmao

Parasol Stars arrived in the mail today (thanks again offsidewing!) so I played that some.  Y'know, to get into the Halloween spirit. 

Oh, I also recorded a few Air Zonk gameplay videos for my Youtube Channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/turbografxnerd

thrush

Now: Tricky Kick!
Soon: Prince of Persia!

A_Locomotive

Played a little Space Harrier after work. :P

JapanTokei

Don Doko Don needs to be played via both players to maximize the pleasure.  It is tough as there are a lot of unexpected enemy twist, etc.  but I think after a few re-runs, it gets better.  I'm liking it more and more.  Great hidden gem..  I personally discovered it myself early last year after trying a ROM image of it, then proceeded to track down a copy :)

Another one I highly recommend is PUZZLE BOY.  That game is awesome, obscure too.  I got a beatup copy for $5.  I like it so much I'm looking for a full complete copy to put in my perm. collection :)

Quote from: allyourblood on 10/31/2011, 08:28 PMI played Don Doko Don and Image Fight today. Both are tough games. Image Fight does so many cool things though, I'm surprised I don't hear about this game more often. Can't wait to get good enough to get deeper into the game. If the innovations keep up, this is an impressive title.

Dyna138

Was playing through Magical Chase on every difficulty last week. Been playing Strider a bit recently.

munchiaz

beat star parodier on easy mode today.

geise

Finally playing Dead Moon again on my Duo thanks to Windy!  Thanks Windy! :D

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: geise on 11/01/2011, 08:40 PMFinally playing Dead Moon again on my Duo thanks to Windy!  Thanks Windy! :D
I MUST pick up that game.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

munchiaz

played some Air zonk today. game is so awesome

jlued686

Had a great night with Legendary Axe 2, Ordyne, and Dead Moon. Underrated games, for sure.

A_Locomotive

Today I set about breaking my personal best on Alien Crush... which I only just set yesterday. :P Now its time to go play some Veigues Tactical Gladiator and see if I can actually make some progress in it, damn is it tricky to play.

futureman2000

Started a game of SMS Golvellius this morning. Just a revisit, didn't write down the password...

SuperPlay

Pomping World (Buster Bros).

This is one of those games that makes me go AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

But I just cannot put it down :-)

munchiaz

been playing air zonk. got to the end a few times and keep dieing. i think i was fighting the end boss wrong.

JapanTokei

just curious - is there even an ending to Alien Crush?  I have the PCE version and it has a much better cover-art compared to the overprinted-TG version.. but i get antsy sitting there for hours trying to find an ending!   :evil:

Quote from: A_Locomotive on 11/06/2011, 01:12 AMToday I set about breaking my personal best on Alien Crush... which I only just set yesterday. :P Now its time to go play some Veigues Tactical Gladiator and see if I can actually make some progress in it, damn is it tricky to play.

Damon Plus

Air Zonk is the one I'm playing of the 11 games I received yesterday. Graphics and Music are great, but I got to the last stage on my first play, where I got my ass kicked. The Turboviews guy was spot on when he said that was inconsistent difficulty. Also, the small Zonk power-up appears too much. Other than that, it is a really cool game, lived up to the hype for me.

chany60126

Over the holiday weekend I beat Keith Courage, Blazing Lazers and Dungeon Explorer II.

Just started playing Ys III.

PunkCryborg

Dang chany you must've been motivated! Yah beating blazing lazers feals like a real accomplishment when you finally get the one credit clear, congrats!

allyourblood

Played some Batman over the last few days (wonderful game!), as well as a bit of Yo Bro. Gettin' busy 'round these parts with Christmas coming up, so I haven't had as much time to play as I'd like.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

thesteve

PunkCryborg

HercTNT

Friend of mine bought me a duo-rx pad for an early christmas present and I used it to play through Air Zonk last night. I know many people dont like the D-pad on the rx controller but i think it depends on the size of your thumbs. For me it was extremely comfortable. Next game I'm going to play through hopefully will be Y's 4.

geise

Ys 4 is awesome!  Enjoy the journey.  I'm currently playing some Dead Moon again thanks to Windy.

snickersbar

esteban

Quote from: A_Locomotive on 11/06/2011, 01:12 AMToday I set about breaking my personal best on Alien Crush... which I only just set yesterday. :P Now its time to go play some Veigues Tactical Gladiator and see if I can actually make some progress in it, damn is it tricky to play.
Veigues! I have always had a soft spot for this game.

Different weapons help for different areas (the chest gun is useful at times! no joke! same goes for the power punch).

The "vernier" (hovering) is fun in Veigues. Most games would severely limit this ability, but Veigues has just the right balance (not too little/not too much).

TANGENT: In Karnov (NES), which, like Veigues, is under-appreciated, there were lots of different power-ups. Well, I love the WINGS that allowed you to fly in Karnov. Sure, there was a time limit in Karnov (in regard to flying), but both games achieved the proper balance (IMO).

I wish some of the boss fights were more inspired in Veigues, though.

Quote from: allyourblood on 11/28/2011, 04:21 PMPlayed some Batman over the last few days (wonderful game!), as well as a bit of Yo Bro. Gettin' busy 'round these parts with Christmas coming up, so I haven't had as much time to play as I'd like.
Yo' Bro, huh? If you are like me, you will greatly enhance your enjoyment if you play some of your own tunes instead of subjecting yourself to hours of weak PSG tunes. Honestly, the levels can take a long time to complete in Yo' Bro and even semi-decent music would have helped lessen the monotony.

The later levels are challenging, IMO, so don't pussyfoot around.

Word up.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

munchiaz

started playing Ys book 1 last night. pretty awesome so far. love the music

JoshTurboTrollX

Jackie Chan + PSP + Long Bus ride = good times.

Hugo, take me away.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

tggodfrey

Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

HercTNT

I know I said i was gonna play y's 4 but I'm doing Startling Odessey 2 first.

thesteve

Obocchama-kun thanks to HercTNT (he gave me the game)

A_Locomotive

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/08/2011, 09:19 PMstarted playing Ys book 1 last night. pretty awesome so far. love the music
Wait till you get to book 2. :D

Been in a gaming funk the last few days. Haven't been in the mood to play more then a few battles in World Of Tanks each day before work. :/

esteban

PsychoChaser.

Every year or two I make a pledge to sink my teeth into it.

Every year or two I quickly find myself playing ___________ (Afterburner, this time around) instead.

I have to give PsychoChaser a chance!

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Mishran

Quote from: esteban on 12/10/2011, 04:15 AMPsychoChaser.

Every year or two I quickly find myself playing ___________ (Afterburner, this time around) instead.

I've played that some with mednafen and find it to be alright. If I can find it for a few bucks, I'd buy the Huey.

esteban

Quote from: Mishran on 12/10/2011, 05:55 AM
Quote from: esteban on 12/10/2011, 04:15 AMPsychoChaser.

I've played that some with mednafen and find it to be alright. If I can find it for a few bucks, I'd buy the Huey.
I'm a sucker for any title with "Psycho" in it.