@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digi.k

Forza 4, guardian heroes on XBL and demo of Daytona USA on XBL

Digi.k

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/27/2011, 06:58 AMI spent an hour or so playing "Protect Me Knight".
I seriously need to buy this indie game...

Ji-L87

Rockman Dash/Mega Man Legends 1 for the PS1. Again. I can't get enough of the mood in this game, clunky controls be damned :s Strangely enough, I almost think the PC version controlled better. (Which also would be the only thing in which it excels - higher res doesn't mean better graphics if D3D or whatever creates borders and and sharp edges around textures :> )
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

_Paul

Just finished the last chapter of Back To The Future. It's come in for a bit of stick as an adventure, but I really enjoyed the fan service in it, and some of the more story oriented moments were great.

BlueBMW

I played some Master of Magic on PC... wish the AI was a little tougher, but alas still a fun little game.

Also played some more Soul Calibur on the arcade cab.  Despite not having the 4th button (block) its still a blast.  I seem to play better with the arcade controls than the DC controller.

/SoulCalArc2.jpg
/SoulCalArc1.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

roflmao

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/29/2011, 08:35 PMI seem to play better with the arcade controls than the DC controller.
That's understandable.  As much as I love the Dreamcast, I find its controller all sorts of uncomfortable and awkward.

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 10/27/2011, 06:00 AM^ yeah i got past as well. Now im stuck in Anor Londo. havent played in a few days, been taking a lil break and playing other things.
Ditto damn those silver knights nasty sob and i know the boss battle there won't be easy.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MotherGunner

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/29/2011, 08:35 PMI played some Master of Magic on PC... wish the AI was a little tougher, but alas still a fun little game.

Also played some more Soul Calibur on the arcade cab.  Despite not having the 4th button (block) its still a blast.  I seem to play better with the arcade controls than the DC controller.

IMG
IMG
Very nice.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

SuperPlay

Having a quick blast at "Shuttle Puck Cafe" on the Amiga :-)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shufflepuck_Caf%C3%A9

BlueBMW

Holy crap!  And I thought I was the only one who played that game! :shock:   that magic lady was tough!  What was her name again??
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

geise

Some Kof2000 and Mslug2 on MVS.  Then some HellfireS on the good ol Duo.

Lilgrafx

Playing though Yoshi Island for the first time after my brother raved about it being one of his favorite games. Really amazing visuals and a good sound track that fits the game well.

BlueBMW

Image Fight on PCE here....

FINALLY passed stage 4 for the first time ever... went on to struggle through the hell that is stage 5... after LOTS of continues, finally passed it....  got precisely 90% for the first 5 stages.... which is guess means no penalty stage??  Either way, stage 6 was absolutely BRUTAL... I tucked tail and ran after a few dozen tries at it.

roflmao

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/03/2011, 12:59 AMImage Fight on PCE here....

FINALLY passed stage 4 for the first time ever... went on to struggle through the hell that is stage 5... after LOTS of continues, finally passed it....  got precisely 90% for the first 5 stages.... which is guess means no penalty stage??  Either way, stage 6 was absolutely BRUTAL... I tucked tail and ran after a few dozen tries at it.
How close is the PCE version to the NES version?  I have the NES version and am lucky to make it to level 2. :oops:  But I haven't put any real quality time into it yet.  I'm hoping to pick up the PCE version one of these days.

I just returned from a 2.5 day mini vacation camping in our RV with the wife and kid.  I brought my Express along and played some Devil's Crush, Bomberman 93, Blazing Lazers, Galaga, Parasol Stars, and thanks to a chopsado Super Star Soldier, Final Soldier and Street Fighter 2 (for teh lolz - I don't know how anyone can play using Run as one of the punch/kick buttons and Select to switch between punches and kicks).  It was a good vacation. :)

Lilgrafx

Went on a long car ride for thanksgiving and played a lot of Castlevania: Circle of the moon on my mirco.

munchiaz

im having so much more fun playing zelda skyward sword, then i have been playing uncharted. Theres a reason why i got a wii before any other console. Main reason why i got a ps3 was for street fighter 4. I've been neglecting my wii. Time to pick up some wii gsmes i missed like kirby and donkey kong

Emerald Rocker

Finished up Uncharted 3, and wrote up a review (clickie!)

Short story: I was a fan of the second game, but the third episode was incredibly disappointing.  I'm disheartened that the reviewers who actually expressed their disappointment got slammed by uber-fans who hadn't even played the game yet.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

munchiaz

got 2nd place in a 13 man twinkle star sprites tournament last night. Did horried in sf4 arcade edition and UMVC3 tournament. Guess thats what i get for playing to much zelda and not practicing. But i was happy i did well in TSS. I have been playing alot of shmups lately, so i'm sure that helped.

Ninja Spirit

Beat FF4 on Final Fantasy IV Complete for PSP, my finishing stats. Playing After Years now.

/388614_2736721859255_1293615183_33142097_2133508369_n.jpg

NecroPhile

Nice, Ninja Spirit!  I'm about half way through PSP Final Fantasy II right now - I'll have to get IV soon.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

munchiaz

nice ninja, i gotta get back in to my copy. forgot why i stopped playing

Lilgrafx

Playing through Rayman Origins on the wii it's really pretty and has some great platforming goodness

BlueBMW

How does FFIV on PSP compare to the one on DS?  I played the SNES one through and the DS one through... loved both, but havent tried it on PSP.

Oh and played some 1941 today... in style:

munchiaz

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/06/2011, 10:55 PMHow does FFIV on PSP compare to the one on DS?  I played the SNES one through and the DS one through... loved both, but havent tried it on PSP.

Oh and played some 1941 today... in style:
I think the psp version is better. I didnt really care for the 3D graphics that the DS version had. Also the psp version has the after years, and another mode that ties ff 4 and the after years together.

BlueBMW

So in other words.. I need to play it again on PSP :P

Mathius

3D Dot Heroes and Jurassic Park for teh PS3. I finally got one of Sony's newfangled consoles. :)

munchiaz

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/06/2011, 11:05 PMSo in other words.. I need to play it again on PSP :P
yes....yes indeedy

F1IndyFan

Really stuck on Forza 4 right now, but for some reason I've pulled Super Street Fighter IV back out. Working on Super Mario 3D Land as well (great game, btw!).

geise

TR0N

PS3
Dark Souls All most got that %100 for trophies in the game just one more to go.
Genesis
Various titles been messing around with the everdrive flash cart it's great  :mrgreen:
IMG

Ji-L87

More Rockman Dash/Mega Man Legends. Been doing some side quests, wondering if I've done them all now. Haven't had time to play much else, sadly : / Still have a bunch of PCE/SS/PS1-games to go through.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

SMF

Going back and forth from Mario Land 3D and Mario Kart 7. Few more and I will complete the game with both Mario Bros lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

munchiaz

^ how is the online for mario kart. I loved it for the DS until snaking took over

Deletion

Homefront (X360). Picked it up on Black Friday when Best Buy had it for $15 (and further down the aisle used copies were selling for $35 #-o). It's another FPS, but it features good visuals, strong controls, varied missions, and an enjoyable story and setting. The story is pretty much an update of the '80s classic film Red Dawn, so it's no surprise that both the game and film were written by the same man (John Milius). The game is linear and short (finished it in about 6 hours), but worth picking up now that it's in the bargain bin.

bartre

Quote from: Deletion on 12/16/2011, 01:45 AMHomefront (X360)
The game is linear and short (finished it in about 6 hours), but worth picking up now that it's in the bargain bin.
agreed, it's on the short side, but i don't get why there was so much hate for it, i really enjoyed that one.
in fact, i'd really only put it under killzone and resistance personally, as far as modern shooters

munchiaz

just started playing the remake of Ys 1 and 2 for the DS and so far im not happy with it. they made it so you have to press a button too attack....so dumb. also why do i have to pick up gold when i kill stuff. why do games continue to do this. just give me the gold

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/16/2011, 03:41 AMjust started playing the remake of Ys 1 and 2 for the DS and so far im not happy with it. they made it so you have to press a button too attack....so dumb. also why do i have to pick up gold when i kill stuff. why do games continue to do this. just give me the gold
You should have went with the psp version it's more playable.
IMG

munchiaz

^ i picked up the DS version on a whim for like $9. I'm gunna try to put some more time in it, but i may just stop playing it.

esteban

Spell Tower - iPhone - I don't know why, but this game is wonderful. I am a huge fan of Scrabble/word games, though, so be forewarned. If you've ever played the timed modes in word games (aka Scrabble Blast), this game is a distant variation, but with very nice incentives to create sophisticated words (timed games tend to reward *any* word completed, even a long sequence of short 3-letter words. Spell Tower, however, forces you to create longer words as part of your core strategy: you gotta eliminate "black holes" and bonus tiles with strategically-placed, longer words).

ONE CAVEAT: This would be a perfect game, but the touch response needs to be tweaked. When crucial moves need to be performed before time runs out (mere milliseconds for me since I'm often digging myself out of a hole), I don't want to worry about the proper sequence of letters registering. I've never had this problem with an iOS game before...I hate to say it, but this game reminds me of some Android 2.3  games I've played (where the touch response was just slightly *off*). Anyway, I hope that the developer tweaks this. Then I will be in absolute heaven. Even with this flaw, this game still captivates me and is well-worth playing.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

futureman2000

I may try that out- I can't seem to find an Iphone game that will hold my attention... but primarily because I don't want to pay for games. I just started playing Words with Friends, and I'm sick of it already.

I spent quite a bit of time playing Trampoline Terror on the Genesis the other day- cool game, reminds of something that would have been on the PC-engine.

Also playing Decap Attack.

roflmao

I picked up Metal Gear Solid for the PSX again today.  First time I've played it prolly since the late 90's.  Really getting into the VR Training.  The story isn't as much fun as I remember, but maybe I have to get farther into it.

esteban

Quote from: futureman2000 on 12/19/2011, 09:57 PMI may try that out- I can't seem to find an Iphone game that will hold my attention... but primarily because I don't want to pay for games. I just started playing Words with Friends, and I'm sick of it already.

I spent quite a bit of time playing Trampoline Terror on the Genesis the other day- cool game, reminds of something that would have been on the PC-engine.

Also playing Decap Attack.
I think Word Fu might be another game for you to check out: it's like Boggle, but an "arcade" version with a highly polished theme (a Kung Fu theme seems cliche and hackneyed at this point , but it's so nicely polished that it is rather endearing).

Spell Tower and Word Fu are both highly addictive and you'll find yourself hitting "try again" compulsively (to best your top score).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

blueraven

Son Son II!!!! And... Teh Shubibinman!!!!!

geise

My brother in-law is awesome and bought me the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus remake for ps3.  Loved them and love playing them again.  Will tide me over till Last Guardian comes out.

turbofan1

Recently beat Batman Arkhan Asylum GOY for the 360. Wasn't that great.To much emphasis on exploring and puzzle solving.But the music and boss battles were good.Also found Mark Hamill`s voice over of the Joker pretty annoying.Since then,been playing OutLand And Sonic Cd on xbox arcade.

Mathius

Quote from: turbofan1 on 12/20/2011, 02:52 PMRecently beat Batman Arkhan Asylum GOY for the 360. Wasn't that great.To much emphasis on exploring and puzzle solving.But the music and boss battles were good.Also found Mark Hamill`s voice over of the Joker pretty annoying.Since then,been playing OutLand And Sonic Cd on xbox arcade.
I think Mark Hamill's voicework for the Joker has always been top notch. After all he has been voicing the Joker since The Animated Series. :)

_Paul

Just bought Humble Bundle 4 and playing through BIT.TRIP RUNNER. It's brutal in some stages.

munchiaz

^that still going on? i need to get jamestown

_Paul

You now get HB3 free if you pay over the average.

JoshTurboTrollX

anyone try the game VVVVVVV from Humble Bundle?  It has some interesting OBEY in a few levels.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!