@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Saying Goodbye To Hudson Soft... Your Thoughts!

Started by Retrocool, 01/18/2012, 02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retrocool

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/01/konami_dissolving_hudson_soft

I felt that Konami really did not push hard enough to make games from hudson soft.  Many games could have easily been ported over,
It is what it is and it will be what it will be!

Looking for some games, but I will prolly never find.  Sapphire, Magical Chase (US)

Digi.k

I'm gonna miss that yellow bee thing....  ;_;

saw this pic on another forum..

KonamiHudsonBeeSpray.jpg

TR0N

Hudson of today wasn't much to begin with a shadow of there former self.

Still if konami can carry on what hudson made and make it good then it's not a total loss.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

Damn.

Hudson had been moribund for quite some time, but this is still :(
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

Yeah, it's a very sad happening for us obeyer, especially since the Pce turns a quater century this year.

Sure Hudson's left overs wasn't big sind Konami bought them the 1st time back in early 2000, but now their gone for real, and meijin's gone (already), the bee's gone, the magic's gone.

BUT..

..it will live on in our very hearts as long it beats, and the PCE is still here as it is day one :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

KONAMI, YOU DICKS.

first they change their logo from the cool plus sign thingy, to some lame word-art 95 crap, and now this.

lets beat their faces in.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

geise

It also sucks that a company like Konami bought them and dissolved them.  It's not like Konami is a crazy awesome developer anymore like they used to be either.  All Konami does is publish stuff now and outsource all their liscenses to non japanese developers.  The end results usually aren't good.  The game market has changed so much since the 8 and 16-bit days.

RegalSin

Hudson can still win, they have

1. Hu-OS
2. PCE
3. Bee-cards
4. Bomberman N64 series,
5. Pommy
6. Red

This is like watching Chef die in South Park, If had only knew. Dem bastards kill him.
IMGIMG

Arkhan Asylum

yes lets bring back Bee-cards and N64 games, so that they can stay afloat in 2012.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

I'll totally rebuilt 'em, if I can, and bring back them mejiin :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

It's unfortunate to see the name being euthanized, but it's been just a name for some time.  Hopefully Konami will dive into Hudson's back catalog (why else would they have bought them?) and come up with something better than the lackluster titles we've seen from the bee in recent years; if not, at least we have the good stuff of yesteryear to enjoy.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

RegalSin

What about Far East Of Eden III release on the PCFX or
even PCE? I think the release on the 360/PS2 is where RED/Hudson mucked up the most.

It should have been like Dragon Quest but they made it more like some cheap gimmicky RPG, like Final Fantasyish

Quote from: guest on 01/18/2012, 09:05 AMN64 games, in 2012.
Now lets not get ahead of oursleves, I just said Bomberman N64 series. It also had one good sequel
on the GBC that was overlooked, and two remakes of that same GBC game on the GBA ( which I have not played yet ).

I have allways wanted to see, a game featuring that ice-knight whome I share my "name" with.

Or even a Pommy spin-off series, that challenges Kirby.

Problem is that I am not planning to own any newer game consoles.

I think Konomi did it on purpose because of the difficulty porting Castlevania from the PCE.
IMGIMG

Arkhan Asylum

_Paul

Let's rename Aetherbyte to HADOSON and have a wasp for a logo.

Arkhan Asylum

_Paul

SuperPlay

ccovell

Arkhan Asylum

fuck-bitches-get-skywalker.webp

that was not the "I see what you did thar picture" I copy pasted.

but its funny anyways

Mathius

Tatsujin

Mishran

That wasp needs his own game, pronto! Collect the letters H-A-D-O-S-O-N for bonus points! 8)

Tatsujin

Bee ≠ Vasp

And the bee had its own game called pinobee on the gba and guess, it sucked. Even its sucessor.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/19/2012, 07:33 AMBee ≠ Vasp

And the bee had its own game called pinobee on the gba and guess, it sucked. Even its sucessor.
Pinobee was supposed to be the Hudson bee?  I have it for PS1 but never really played it much, maybe I should try playing it some more.
IMG

Tatsujin

Sure it dosnt really look like the real deal, but it comes from Hudson an feat.  a bee, so i just counted 1+1 :)

guyjin

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/01/hudson_may_continue_as_a_brand

Looks like Konami is taxiderming the corpse and making it into a puppet.

Not the worst that could happen. EA could be doing it.

Tatsujin

MotherGunner

Um who do you think made the last few SimCity console games for EA?  Hudson.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

BigusSchmuck

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

guyjin

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/20/2012, 08:51 PMNow to have the annoying From Hudosn voice and the transformation will be complete!
shut your whore mouth, that voice is awesome!

Tatsujin

Quote from: guyjin on 01/21/2012, 03:48 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/20/2012, 08:51 PMNow to have the annoying From Hudosn voice and the transformation will be complete!
and it's not "FROM" it's "BY", now "BYE".

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/21/2012, 10:21 PM
Quote from: guyjin on 01/21/2012, 03:48 PM
and it's not "FROM" it's "BY", now "BYE".
Hey whatever, at least its better than hearing Sega sung to you on your Genesis. ^^ Anyway, I think it would be a great text notification on my phone...

MotherGunner

-MG

guyjin

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/21/2012, 10:32 PMHey whatever, at least its better than hearing Sega sung to you on your Genesis.
...you are a horrible human being.

_Paul

MotherGunner

-MG

Tatsujin

rag-time4

My thoughts on this are what the price of purchasing the Hudson property rights from Konami would be...

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

henrycsc

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 05/08/2012, 06:45 AMnow NEC should purchase Konami.
...and release a new console in 2013 - the PC-FCKS
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Nando

PunkCryborg

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/21/2012, 10:32 PMHey whatever, at least its better than hearing Sega sung to you on your Genesis.
Bonk01.gif BAN PLEASE