TG16 ad scans

Started by Shrapnoid, 02/04/2012, 06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrapnoid

I managed to hang-on to a few things from the old days as well. I didn't feel like looking for my backups so, I just went to one of my old archives and grabbed a few things that some might like to see.

If you have any of your own or some that you've found on-line, feel free to show them here.

Shrapnoid

Here's another one...

HercTNT

good stuff, the air zonk one brings back memories.

OldRover

The pinnacle of early 90s cheesy advertising. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

roflmao

Shrapnoid

Quote from: OldRover on 02/04/2012, 07:11 PMThe pinnacle of early 90s cheesy advertising. :)
If that's the case then, it was some of the best cheese I ever had!

EDIT: Here's another one or part of it anyway.

Shrapnoid

Here's the other page.

turbofan1

I like how they tried make it look like Taken It To The Hoop is A fun game to play  :lol:.

djolof

Quote from: turbofan1 on 02/05/2012, 08:51 AMI like how they tried make it look like Taken It To The Hoop is A fun game to play  :lol:.
Haha, just like in the commercials with the TV Sports Football field goal cut scene. I remember as a kid thinking that game looked great...

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: HercTNT on 02/04/2012, 06:52 PMgood stuff, the air zonk one brings back memories.
yeah I love that one!!!

Shrapnoid

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 02/05/2012, 11:33 PM
Quote from: HercTNT on 02/04/2012, 06:52 PMgood stuff, the air zonk one brings back memories.
yeah I love that one!!!
That one would be a cool tattoo for a Turbo fan who's in to body art.

Alt-Nintega

scan more stuff mate. It's great to see this old school material.

Shrapnoid

Okay. Why not... Let me see what I have here...
Alright. Here ya go.

kiketonto

To Shapnoid 1) now I undestand your signature!  :D
2) Thanks for the scans!

Shrapnoid

Quote from: kiketonto on 02/09/2012, 12:09 PMTo Shapnoid 1) now I undestand your signature!  :D
2) Thanks for the scans!

No problem.
That old ad is something that has stood out in my memories from back when I used to read VG & CE.

I sure do miss that mag...

SMF

IMG

The ads i have from years and years ago. Gotta scan each 1 and really i just dont have that much free time right now maybe if enough people show up at my door with torches and pitchforks i might change my mind tho.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Alt-Nintega

WOOT!!!

you definitely gotta scan them and post them up!!!

I'm gonna go buy a pitchfork and a lantern.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: SMF on 02/10/2012, 04:19 AMIMG

The adds i have from years and years ago. Gotta scan each 1 and really i just dont have that much free time right now maybe if enough people show up at my door with torches and pitchforks i might change my mind tho.
That looks like the contents of the packets TTI was giving out at the Summer CES.
--DragonmasterDan

SMF

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 02/10/2012, 07:56 AM
Quote from: SMF on 02/10/2012, 04:19 AMIMG

The ads i have from years and years ago. Gotta scan each 1 and really i just dont have that much free time right now maybe if enough people show up at my door with torches and pitchforks i might change my mind tho.
That looks like the contents of the packets TTI was giving out at the Summer CES.
Yea i still have the TTI envelope also they gave me a copy of some VHS tapes with ALL THE HOTTEST GAMES lol.

Alt-Nintega

^ that's sweet!!!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: SMF on 02/10/2012, 11:13 AMYea i still have the TTI envelope also they gave me a copy of some VHS tapes with ALL THE HOTTEST GAMES lol.
I think I received the same packet from TTI. Was this the contents of the VHS tape you received?
--DragonmasterDan

SMF

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 02/10/2012, 11:52 AM
Quote from: SMF on 02/10/2012, 11:13 AMYea i still have the TTI envelope also they gave me a copy of some VHS tapes with ALL THE HOTTEST GAMES lol.
LOL thats the one, Also the Lords of Thunder VHS also.

I think I received the same packet from TTI. Was this the contents of the VHS tape you received?

esteban

This thread is great :)

I love all this stuff.

Anyone who wants to contribute scans to the TG-16 Magazine Archives should scan at 300dpi (huge file is created) and I'll take the raw file (lossless).  :)

I have a backlog of scans I'm processing right now (I'm woefully behind), but I would love to create "one place" to view EVERYTHING.

If you guys are interested in advertisements, for example, you can sort/filter by "advertisement" in the "Content" column:

Advertisements Only

NOTE: Not all scans are uploaded, and this table represents a mere fraction of the total number of magazines/page scans I am working on. Basically, when you don't see me here on this message board, I'm either: (1) working on the magazine archives or (b) taking care of real life.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Shrapnoid

SMF, you have SO got to scan that stuff.
Esteban, you own the Turbo Play Archives?? I wondered what happened to you. If you're still a member of the old group, you can just browse the photos section over there and take what you want. Since I did all of those scans myself, you're more than welcome to them to put on your page.

Here's some more that I just came back with.

It's funny that you mentioned Turbo Play because I have one right here...

Shrapnoid

And this one goes out to all you Legendary Axe II fans.

Here is page 1 of the ad...

Shrapnoid

And here is page 2...

SMF

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/22/2012, 08:07 PMSMF, you have SO got to scan that stuff.
When i have a free day ill scan some of it. Its just alot of work ya know lol.

Question, What are you using to post pics at a decent size? I normally use photobucket.

esteban

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/22/2012, 08:07 PMSMF, you have SO got to scan that stuff.
Esteban, you own the Turbo Play Archives?? I wondered what happened to you. If you're still a member of the old group, you can just browse the photos section over there and take what you want. Since I did all of those scans myself, you're more than welcome to them to put on your page.

Here's some more that I just came back with.

It's funny that you mentioned Turbo Play because I have one right here...
Hahaha. Yes, that's me. :pcds:

By "old group" do you mean the Yahoo group started by CrackTiger? Hahahahaha. I forgot about that.

Anyway, I'm after the raw files (before compression), if you still have them and they were scanned at a decent resolution. :pcds:

I have some free time in the next few days, I gotta get some Turbo projects finished. Threads like this keep me motivated to keep going :pcds:.

Shrapnoid

Quote from: SMF on 02/23/2012, 12:16 AMWhen i have a free day ill scan some of it. Its just alot of work ya know lol.

Question, What are you using to post pics at a decent size? I normally use photobucket.
Yeah. I remember it taking me a long time to do all of those old scans too.

Those scans are directly from the photos section of my old group on yahoo.

It's closed down now but, still intact for all of the old members
to use for reference or whatever.

Quote from: esteban on 02/23/2012, 11:41 AMHahaha. Yes, that's me.

By "old group" do you mean the Yahoo group started by CrackTiger? Hahahahaha. I forgot about that.

Anyway, I'm after the raw files (before compression), if you still have them and they were scanned at a decent resolution.

I have some free time in the next few days, I gotta get some Turbo projects finished. Threads like this keep me motivated to keep going.
CrackTiger? I don't remember? It seems like that there was a Black Tiger in Turbo Train but, I'm not sure and I didn't know that he had his own group either or maybe it's just been so long that I forgot.

The only groups I remember being fairly big on yahoo were NEC_Avenue, TurboGrafx Network which ended up with the most members and my old group, Turbo Train-16 which did okay I guess but, didn't hold a candle to those other two groups.
Still, it was fun while it lasted.

The scanned stuff in TT-16's photos section still contains the original size uploads as well as variations on those sizes.

I don't have any idea where my original scanned backups are.

I'm glad that I found out that you're here because I've been seeing some good VG & CE mags on ebay that you may want to add
to your archives but, some of them are a bit pricey.

I remember back when you first joined the old group and gave us all the link to the archives.
I just about drooled all over my keyboard, looking at those old Turbo Play mags.

It must have been a pain to have to scan all of that but, it was obviously well worth it.

Well, I have to go. I Have to relable some outgoing mail that screwed up the addresses on.

Duo_R

VG&CE is the reason I got a TG16,all the articles and ads had me hooked. I still got most of the mags and will have to scan them sometime.

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/09/2012, 12:26 PM
Quote from: kiketonto on 02/09/2012, 12:09 PMTo Shapnoid 1) now I undestand your signature!  :D
2) Thanks for the scans!

No problem.
That old ad is something that has stood out in my memories from back when I used to read VG & CE.

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Shrapnoid

Quote from: Duo_R on 02/23/2012, 12:43 PMVG&CE is the reason I got a TG16,all the articles and ads had me hooked. I still got most of the mags and will have to scan them sometime.

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/09/2012, 12:26 PM
2) Thanks for the scans!

No problem.

Sounds great. That mag influenced me toward the TG-16 as well.

esteban

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/23/2012, 12:36 PMCrackTiger? I don't remember? It seems like that there was a Black Tiger in Turbo Train but, I'm not sure and I didn't know that he had his own group either or maybe it's just been so long that I forgot.

The only groups I remember being fairly big on yahoo were NEC_Avenue, TurboGrafx Network which ended up with the most members and my old group, Turbo Train-16 which did okay I guess but, didn't hold a candle to those other two groups.
Still, it was fun while it lasted.

The scanned stuff in TT-16's photos section still contains the original size uploads as well as variations on those sizes.

I don't have any idea where my original scanned backups are.

I'm glad that I found out that you're here because I've been seeing some good VG & CE mags on ebay that you may want to add
to your archives but, some of them are a bit pricey.

I remember back when you first joined the old group and gave us all the link to the archives.
I just about drooled all over my keyboard, looking at those old Turbo Play mags.

It must have been a pain to have to scan all of that but, it was obviously well worth it.

Well, I have to go. I Have to relable some outgoing mail that screwed up the addresses on.
OMG! Turbo Train-16!

Holy Canoli!

Now the other Yahoo Groups are coming back to me (because you listed them)!

Ha! CrackTiger was TurboGrafx Network, you were Turbo Train-16 and I have no idea who NEC_Ave was (I think it was probably Nintega).

Just kidding.

I'm glad you helped me take a stroll down memory lane.  :pcds:

Duo_R

thanks for that, forgot where that archive was. Is there ever interest in backup up entire magazines? Like an entire issue of VG&CE?

Quote from: esteban on 02/11/2012, 10:26 AMThis thread is great :)

I love all this stuff.

Anyone who wants to contribute scans to the TG-16 Magazine Archives should scan at 300dpi (huge file is created) and I'll take the raw file (lossless).  :)

I have a backlog of scans I'm processing right now (I'm woefully behind), but I would love to create "one place" to view EVERYTHING.

If you guys are interested in advertisements, for example, you can sort/filter by "advertisement" in the "Content" column:

Advertisements Only

NOTE: Not all scans are uploaded, and this table represents a mere fraction of the total number of magazines/page scans I am working on. Basically, when you don't see me here on this message board, I'm either: (1) working on the magazine archives or (b) taking care of real life.

esteban

Quote from: Duo_R on 02/23/2012, 05:12 PMthanks for that, forgot where that archive was. Is there ever interest in backup up entire magazines? Like an entire issue of VG&CE?
Heck yes, if you are willing to do the work. Now, before you go off and do it, I'm pretty certain that folks out there have been scanning various magazines...VG&CE might be one of the magazines that's being actively archived.

I personally haven't checked (go figure!). Also, even if an issue is available elsewhere, but you create a higher-quality version, well...I think that would be considered a worthwhile upgrade.

That said, I would be more than happy to host any scans you do (entire magazines), even if they are not TG-16 related. :pcds:

Shrapnoid

You mean CrackTiger is Kab?? No. No way! That is too funny! The Aero Blasters fanatic?
Oh boy! This is rich! I never would have guessed!

I can't remember who did NEC_Avenue but, I do remember him telling me once that he didn't approve of using yahoo groups for uploading roms.
Come to think of it, Steve (TZD) wasn't crazy about it either. He tried to talk me out of it too. I should've listened to him... but, that was a long, long time ago.

I did find a small VG & CE archive a few weeks ago.
Let me go look around and see if it's in my links.
I'll get back to ya.

CrackTiger is Kab... Hahahaha...

guyjin

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/22/2012, 08:07 PMIt's funny that you mentioned Turbo Play because I have one right here...
IMG
Is it just me, or are Select and Run on that controller blue?

Shrapnoid

They DO look blue, don't they? Must've been the lighting in the studio.

Duo_R

Man 6 issues for ten bucks...I wish I went for it! Lol

Colossus1574

I think i still have a bunch of old VG & CE, Gamepro (who had some of the ugliest cover art!), and EGM which i'm proud to say swayed my decision to buy a PCEengine because of the PERFECT SCORE review they gave Ys Book I & II! I'd be more then happy to scan all the game reviews of any TG or PCE games from these assorted mags  :mrgreen: My favourite part to browse was always the game reviews to see which they graded right, and which one they were TOTALLY out to lunch on!  :evil:

esteban

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 03/05/2012, 11:37 PMI think i still have a bunch of old VG & CE, Gamepro (who had some of the ugliest cover art!), and EGM which i'm proud to say swayed my decision to buy a PCEengine because of the PERFECT SCORE review they gave Ys Book I & II! I'd be more then happy to scan all the game reviews of any TG or PCE games from these assorted mags  :mrgreen: My favourite part to browse was always the game reviews to see which they graded right, and which one they were TOTALLY out to lunch on!  :evil:
If the magazines are available, jot down the issue # and date. If I haven't scanned them yet, well... :pcgs:

Colossus1574

Quote from: esteban on 03/18/2012, 05:37 PM
Quote from: Colossus1574 on 03/05/2012, 11:37 PMI think i still have a bunch of old VG & CE, Gamepro (who had some of the ugliest cover art!), and EGM which i'm proud to say swayed my decision to buy a PCEengine because of the PERFECT SCORE review they gave Ys Book I & II! I'd be more then happy to scan all the game reviews of any TG or PCE games from these assorted mags  :mrgreen: My favourite part to browse was always the game reviews to see which they graded right, and which one they were TOTALLY out to lunch on!  :evil:
If the magazines are available, jot down the issue # and date. If I haven't scanned them yet, well... :pcgs:
Ok, sounds good so we can avoid duplicates and save time :)