2/13/2025: Localization News - Cosmic Fantasy 3-4!

Rather earth-shattering news in the PC Engine / TurboGrafx-16 community: Cosmic Fantasy 3 & 4 has been officially localized to English by Edia 30 years later for the Switch! Hard to believe! I know their script quality is poor given the 1&2 port but still good to see.
nintendo.com/us/store/products/cosmic-fantasy-collection2-switch/
Main Menu

Mednafen: disable save-state crc/checksum?

Started by burn_654, 05/03/2012, 02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

burn_654

Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to disable the savestate crc/checksum in Mednafen? For instance, making minor edits in a rom makes my save states incompatible, which is not the case with other emulators. I could use another emu but the debugger is really nice here. I looked in the documentation but couldn't tell, is this possible? Please tell me you could disable this check...

I can understand in terms of actual play locking a state to a certain iteration of the rom can make sense, but in my case (hacking a rom, testing small changes) it's detrimental...
Quote from: RegalSinYou know for that r-tard who goes like "oh something retro, let me put down my vabagelina, stop drinking my cheeze wine, and get to playing".


burn_654

That'll do the trick, thank you very much!
Quote from: RegalSinYou know for that r-tard who goes like "oh something retro, let me put down my vabagelina, stop drinking my cheeze wine, and get to playing".