@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

At $17 each shipped, I wouldn't say that was a terrible price. 
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

FiftyQuid

Quote from: tpivette on 07/25/2012, 03:19 PMAt $220 and 12 games, that's around $18 a peice for sealed games. I thought they would go for a lot more than that on ebay. Is that really that bad of a price? Not to familiar with those titles tho
Yep, my rule is to pay no more than $20 a title if I can help it.  Obviously I don't apply this to 'commons', but on average it's a simple rule that keeps my spending on track.  I would have paid $220 for that as well.  Damn eBay with it's location bullshit.  I didn't even see that auction.

[EDIT] I love the description in this TurboDuo auction;
"Cat 5 cable is also included."

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEC-TurboGrafx-Turbo-Duo-System-Games-Joysticks-More-/200794969453?pt=Video_Games&hash=item2ec050156d#ht_2475wt_1015

Awesome.  I know how prevalent CAT5 was back in the 90's.  Glad there was one packed into every TG-16, and TurboDuo.  :roll:
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

jperryss

Sealed Bonk III huey for $800 BIN, sold in 13 minutes. How long before this is relisted for $2K?

SMF

Lol someone got screwed lol. But wait its a OMG RARE SEALED GAME THAT'S A STEAL WHEN THE BOOK ALONE IS ON EBAY FOR $300 lmao.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

syphic

Quote from: jperryss on 07/26/2012, 07:47 PMSealed Bonk III huey for $800 BIN, sold in 13 minutes. How long before this is relisted for $2K?
This is the guy who bought the other half of the sealed games i bought. He's actually had it up since about July 3rd.
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

PikachuWarrior

where did 13 minutes come from then? lol
IMG

jperryss

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/26/2012, 09:11 PMwhere did 13 minutes come from then? lol
Quote from: syphic on 07/26/2012, 09:06 PM
Quote from: jperryss on 07/26/2012, 07:47 PMSealed Bonk III huey for $800 BIN, sold in 13 minutes. How long before this is relisted for $2K?
This is the guy who bought the other half of the sealed games i bought. He's actually had it up since about July 3rd.
This auction lasted 13 minutes.

Search for Bonk III Sealed and check off the Completed Listings box.
Sort by Date listed, oldest first. You'll see the listing date on the right Jul-26 09:47.
Sory by End date, recent first. You'll see the ending date on the right Jul-26 10:00

NecroPhile

Cat5 cable included.... what the fuck?  Maybe he means the Tap or something?

VestCunt

Quote from: jperryss on 07/27/2012, 08:11 AMThis auction lasted 13 minutes.
Weird. I saw that one while it was listed and didn't think much of it.
Topic Adjourned.

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 07/27/2012, 12:36 PM
Quote from: jperryss on 07/27/2012, 08:11 AMThis auction lasted 13 minutes.
Weird. I saw that one while it was listed and didn't think much of it.
Don't get me wrong. I am shocked that someone paid the $800 asking price, especially for the hucard version. But hey...free shipping!

I assumed it must be a reseller, let's see if it shows up for a couple grand, slabbed, in a month or two.

CrackTiger

Depends on how long it takes to return from being professionally graded.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

bob

PikachuWarrior

IMG

bob

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

Quote from: CrackTiger on 07/27/2012, 03:59 PMThat may not be gouging, but it's not a good deal either.
Agreed.  Even with new gears it's nothing special, especially without the original AC for the collector types.

xcrement5x

Man, that shrinkwrap has ruined the box, it looks like someone sat on it.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NightWolve

Quote from: galam on 07/27/2012, 02:12 PM
Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/27/2012, 02:07 PMDid it sell?
pretty fast, within a few hours of listing.
Wait, it just says that the listing was removed. Why should that be interpreted with certainty that it was sold and for that absurd amount ?

NecroPhile

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/27/2012, 06:02 PMWait, it just says that the listing was removed. Why should that be interpreted with certainty that it was sold and for that absurd amount ?
Because it says 'sold for' next to the price - if nobody had bid on it, it'd say 'starting price'.

NightWolve

Oooh, I see! Completely missed it. I thought it was possible that he removed it for some other reason, private offer or whatever. I might've been holding out for hope too, finding it impossible to believe it went for $800! And in 13 minutes? It'd be funny if it was megahit79 - he's got the cash on hand to pay that and he's done it before (e.g. the $30k SNK cart that he paid $1k for).

jperryss

Not only is this guy nuts expecting anyone to bid $200 on a BS with no instructions or map, but I reported him for trying to skirt eBay shipping rules and charge almost quadruple what he's allowed to for shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyond-Shadowgate-RARE-MINT-TurboDuo-Turbografx-16-TH16-Turbografx-16-/251118083783?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a77cddec7#ht_602wt_1396

tpivette

what were the shipping charges before? theyre currently $4 for expedited, which I assume it was lowered to after you brought the gouging to ebay's attention
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Bernie

He has in the descrip that shipping is 15.00 and will not be the 4.00 eBay had him list.

Mathius

For $15 it better be Overnight shipping!

tpivette

thats rediculous. $15 to ship a game... what a nutsack
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

NightWolve

QuoteBeyond Shadowgate - Shipping and Handling will be $15 and will include SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION (It says $4 but Ebay clearly isn't up with the times about shipping costs!  Pretty dumb if you ask me.  I will send the invoice with the correct amount, this is MANDATORY for this kind of High Priced Item).  I won't have anything less than that, so don't ask.
He wants you to pay for signature confirmation. I'm not up on rates, but I don't think that adds that much more to the cost. If he photocopies the receipt and refunds back the difference on what he actually paid, that'd be fair, but is eBay forcing you to agree to a maximum, affordable rate, that's how it works?

jperryss

Quote from: tpivette on 07/28/2012, 10:12 AMwhat were the shipping charges before? theyre currently $4 for expedited, which I assume it was lowered to after you brought the gouging to ebay's attention
The listed shipping cost for the auction is $4, but in the description he says it will be $15, even though eBay would not let him charge more than $4. So he's admitting that he's too good for the rules that every other seller on eBay has to abide by.

Note also that eBay fees are based on the winning bid without shipping charges, so he is skirting those fees also.

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/28/2012, 01:10 PM
QuoteBeyond Shadowgate - Shipping and Handling will be $15 and will include SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION (It says $4 but Ebay clearly isn't up with the times about shipping costs!  Pretty dumb if you ask me.  I will send the invoice with the correct amount, this is MANDATORY for this kind of High Priced Item).  I won't have anything less than that, so don't ask.
He wants you to pay for signature confirmation. I'm not up on rates, but I don't think that adds that much more to the cost. If he photocopies the receipt and refunds back the difference on what he actually paid, that'd be fair, but is eBay forcing you to agree to a maximum, affordable rate, that's how it works?
Yes, eBay limits what you can ask for shipping. I'll admit it's a bit low sometimes, but $4 to ship a game is fair. Signature confirmation is 75 cents, and insurance is like $1.50.

$15 is ridiculous to ship a game. I shipped an XBOX360 console across the US a few months back, insured, and it was like $17.

And incidentally, note that his second-to-last feedback rating complains of "poor packaging". And his overall feedback is terrible. This guy is a piece of work.

NightWolve

Quote from: jperryss on 07/28/2012, 01:22 PMYes, eBay limits what you can ask for shipping. I'll admit it's a bit low sometimes, but $4 to ship a game is fair. Signature confirmation is 75 cents, and insurance is like $1.50.

$15 is ridiculous to ship a game. I shipped an XBOX360 console across the US a few months back, insured, and it was like $17.

And incidentally, note that his second-to-last feedback rating complains of "poor packaging". And his overall feedback is terrible. This guy is a piece of work.
Ah, yeah, so he is just double-gouging (both on item and S/H)... At $200 minimum, he should be throwing in shipping/insurance/confirmation anyway. A complete copy here sold for $150 I think. I still thought that was a horrible price, but I'm not up with the times, you see... Bernie actually hooked me up with an image file set of the game, so luckily there's always that option - I wouldn't have cared, but people here say it's a great game, so I wanted to give it another chance.

jperryss

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/28/2012, 01:45 PMBernie actually hooked me up with an image file set of the game, so luckily there's always that option
That is what I did as well. I just wish I had a nice case insert for it on the shelf.

Sadler

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/28/2012, 01:45 PMA complete copy here sold for $150 I think.
I think the last one here sold for $180 and wasn't complete (no poster). :)

NightWolve

Quote from: Sadler on 07/28/2012, 03:24 PMI think the last one here sold for $180 and wasn't complete (no poster). :)
Yeah, no poster, here it goes. Though I was under the impression Bernie and Keith got him down to $150 from his last $180 asking price. Nobody ever takes me up on my $5 offer... :cry:

Sadler

Quote from: NightWolve on 07/28/2012, 03:54 PMYeah, no poster, here it goes. Though I was under the impression Bernie and Keith got him down to $150 from his last $180 asking price. Nobody ever takes me up on my $5 offer... :cry:
Heh. I actually offered him $200 initially. He PM'd back and said only $180. I wasn't complaining! :D It is a very cool game and was one of the last 4 titles I was missing.

T2KFreeker

Quote from: Sadler on 07/28/2012, 05:04 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 07/28/2012, 03:54 PMYeah, no poster, here it goes. Though I was under the impression Bernie and Keith got him down to $150 from his last $180 asking price. Nobody ever takes me up on my $5 offer... :cry:
Heh. I actually offered him $200 initially. He PM'd back and said only $180. I wasn't complaining! :D It is a very cool game and was one of the last 4 titles I was missing.
BLAH!!!!

:D
END OF LINE.

Flare65

He mentions ProPay for method of payment for the Beyond Shadowgate game.  Never heard of this method of shipping before.....has anyone used it? 

Also, I know ebay has that buyer protection plan deal where if you are unhappy with the item, you can return it back to the seller.  Does this work even if the seller specifically states no refunds?  From selling stuff in the past, I've been burned by someone who wanted to return an item back to me for no reason other than the same exact item sold for significantly less.

VestCunt

Quote from: Flare65 on 07/28/2012, 05:30 PMAlso, I know ebay has that buyer protection plan deal where if you are unhappy with the item, you can return it back to the seller.  Does this work even if the seller specifically states no refunds?  From selling stuff in the past, I've been burned by someone who wanted to return an item back to me for no reason other than the same exact item sold for significantly less.
I've used buyer protection a couple of times. My impression is that ebay customer service relies on a fair amount of common sense when and if they get involved. A lot of listings default to "no returns", but it's easy to get your money back if the seller didn't describe it properly, listed the wrong condition, was grossly negligent in how something was shipped.
Topic Adjourned.

CPTRAVE

Quote from: Flare65 on 07/28/2012, 05:30 PMHe mentions ProPay for method of payment for the Beyond Shadowgate game.  Never heard of this method of shipping before.....has anyone used it? 

Also, I know ebay has that buyer protection plan deal where if you are unhappy with the item, you can return it back to the seller.  Does this work even if the seller specifically states no refunds?  From selling stuff in the past, I've been burned by someone who wanted to return an item back to me for no reason other than the same exact item sold for significantly less.
Propay means that a credit card is required for payment, not Paypal thats it.

jperryss

Quote from: CPTRAVE on 07/28/2012, 05:44 PMPropay means that a credit card is required for payment, not Paypal thats it.
But that's HUGE. With PayPal, eBay has the ability to hold or take back the funds you send to the seller in the event you get screwed.

PikachuWarrior

Shipping with delivery/signature confirmation (those two services add about $3-4 tops), so you're looking at $6-8 max to ship. $15 is outrageous.
IMG

Bernie

Quote from: jperryss on 07/28/2012, 02:03 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 07/28/2012, 01:45 PMBernie actually hooked me up with an image file set of the game, so luckily there's always that option
That is what I did as well. I just wish I had a nice case insert for it on the shelf.
All ya gotta do is ask.  :)  I can scan my inserts for you if you would like.  Just get with me via PM.

BigT

Quote from: Flare65 on 07/28/2012, 05:30 PMHe mentions ProPay for method of payment for the Beyond Shadowgate game.  Never heard of this method of shipping before.....has anyone used it? 

From reading his listing description, he sounds like a complete douche with some sort of personality disorder... I would stay far away!!!... even if he was listing it for $80, I'd think twice about bidding

PikachuWarrior

Just remembered that's the same auction that he had at $150 and no one bid on it, now he raised it to $200 LOL. Generally, if there are no bids at a set amount, the next revised auction you would put a lower price (<$150)
IMG

jperryss

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/29/2012, 01:12 AMJust remembered that's the same auction that he had at $150 and no one bid on it, now he raised it to $200 LOL. Generally, if there are no bids at a set amount, the next revised auction you would put a lower price (<$150)
Now now, don't go bringing logic into this discussion!

CPTRAVE

PikachuWarrior

It's weird how that auction then says:

"***PRICE TOO HIGH FOR YOU? We have over 150 Turbo Grafx 16 Hucard and cd games, and Turbo Duo games available as well as systems and accessories. There is no creating an account to view our items on our store site. Google search for us with these key words: "videogamesareus ecrater store category". Click on the top page result, on that page just click on "Turbo Grafx 16" and see all we have available INCLUDING THIS ITEM FOR MUCH LESS"

So basically just because it's on Ebay, they have to raise the prices (as opposed to ecrater)? Even though ecrater has no fees. Seems bizarre.
IMG

Bernie

Actually,  you really should check their site out..  The prices are insane high.  No better, if not worse, than eBay.  I thought, what a crock, when I went there.  I expected somewhat of a deal.. NOT.

BigT

Quote from: CPTRAVE on 07/29/2012, 06:59 PMJust wondering on this game I have not seen it around to often. But would this be a good price from Ebay? Or are they asking way to much?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Madden-Duo-CD-Football-100-COMPLETE-IN-CASE-Turbo-Duo-TurboGrafx-16-cd-/320937681159?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4ab9606107
$60 for Madden
Way too much!
This game can be found relatively easily for $20-$30 sealed.
Used, I wouldn't pay more than about $10-15.

IMHO, it is a good game, but nothing rare about it and most turbo players don't get too excited about it...

CPTRAVE

Ok cool thanks. I am saving my money then. Thanks.

bob

Not the sellers fault, but WOW, I really didn't expect this...
Call me ignorant, but I thought it would stay under 600.  Somebody must have just thrown in an outrageous number to win it.  Must be nice to be able to throw this kind of money around.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280927151077?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

hizaygizirlz

Quote from: Bernie on 07/29/2012, 07:20 PMActually,  you really should check their site out..  The prices are insane high.  No better, if not worse, than eBay.  I thought, what a crock, when I went there.  I expected somewhat of a deal.. NOT.
This is true they are still screwing you just at a higher profit margin
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

BigT

Quote from: galam on 07/29/2012, 07:36 PMNot the sellers fault, but WOW, I really didn't expect this...
Call me ignorant, but I thought it would stay under 600.  Somebody must have just thrown in an outrageous number to win it.  Must be nice to be able to throw this kind of money around.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280927151077?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
$900 for 2 TG16s, some turbo taps, and 37 games seems to be too much.  If someone is buying this to resell, I don't see much room for profit.  Some of the games in the lot are nice, but nothing there is extremely special or in pristine collector quality condition.