@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Funny things you've been told while buying a TG game or system!

Started by turboswimbz, 08/22/2012, 03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboswimbz

Tried to find a forum similar to this but didn't have much luck.

Here's my favorite short list

1. Is that the game?  I always thought I was missing it.
2. From e-bay  "This game is an American release you'd find at Target or Best Buy." -- too lazy to switch to past tense i see CTL C CTL V is right for me 
3. Dead Moon doesn't have a case, I don't know where it could have gone?

4. after asking if it has the original power supply "It doesn't come with a power supply google it you can find something that works" yea thanks
5. Did you ever play slaughterhouse, I really, really liked that game, it was really good, like really gooood, played that for hours . . . --Creepy much?
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

DragonmasterDan

Lots of people listing games that came with cardboard boxes as "complete" despite only coming with the jewel case.
--DragonmasterDan

jlued686

Not so much as "told" as "asked", but...

I went in to a local collectibles shop and found a SuperGrafx. When I brought it up to the counter, the guy looked at me and indignantly said, "Do you even know what this is?" As though there was no possible way I could know what this obscure console was and I was simply spending $80 on some random piece of hardware.

It was par for the course for this guy, though. I've been in his store a bunch of times and he's like an even more annoying version of the Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons.

CrackTiger

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/22/2012, 03:53 PMLots of people listing games that came with cardboard boxes as "complete" despite only coming with the jewel case.
That's like saying that a loose action figure isn't complete with the card back or a console isn't complete with without the box and docs. Unlike NES and Intellivision games, the outer box was never meant to be kept and games had a proper case for storage inside. The cases-less HuCard releases could be argued as not heing complete without the box and insert, but again, Turbo players in general never considered them complete only with more than the card and manual until recently when collectors-only moved in on the market.

It can be misleading when sellers describe Ys I & II as being complete and and only show you the top of the case, but they never specify "pack-in" version or mention that all you're getting is a disc and manual.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

VestCunt

Quote from: guest on 08/22/2012, 04:50 PMNot so much as "told" as "asked", but...

I went in to a local collectibles shop and found a SuperGrafx. When I brought it up to the counter, the guy looked at me and indignantly said, "Do you even know what this is?" As though there was no possible way I could know what this obscure console was and I was simply spending $80 on some random piece of hardware.

It was par for the course for this guy, though. I've been in his store a bunch of times and he's like an even more annoying version of the Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons.
HAHAH. Did this happen to be in a suburb south of Minneapolis?
Topic Adjourned.

jlued686

Quote from: VestCunt on 08/22/2012, 05:24 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/22/2012, 04:50 PMNot so much as "told" as "asked", but...

HAHAH. Did this happen to be in a suburb south of Minneapolis?
You guessed it!

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

turboswimbz

Reviews for this place are hillarious. love this one
    "I've never liked this place. Are the prices good? yeah, but the employees suck. I mean, they've never done anything but stare at my chest or the TV when I'm in the store. Sure I could find what I'm looking for for pennies but I'd rather pay more to have a friendly person to talk too that knows better than spend the whole time unabashedly trying to summon x-ray powers to see through my tee. More to the point, if ask a question, ANY QUESTION, they mock you both to your face and after you've left the store. I've seen it more times than I care to admit."
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

BigusSchmuck

Its really a 16 bit system with hundreds of colors more than the other guys. :P

bartre

not quite specific to the TG anymore, but anytime i mention the Ys series I get a blank look, and then:
"oh, you mean Ys?" pronounced WHY-SSSSSSS
but my personal favorite goes -
"oh man, a turbografx game? that crap's all so expensive."

jlued686

KnightWarrior

Last week I was at my friends, We went to a store called Planet Mix, I ask the guy about any TurboGrafx Games..

He looked at me with a "what look" "can you spell that"

It seems he didn't know what I was talking about

LostFlunky

Years ago (late 90's, early 2000's), there was a store outside the Eaton's Centre in Toronto (I think it was Video Game Connections??) that had 2 new Turbo Cd systems on the shelf for years and years.  They were priced at $299 and I offered to buy both for $400. 

He looked at me and scoffed, "I've got a guy in California who will pay $1200 EACH for them.  I just don't want to ship them."...

They were still there six months later, but I haven't been back to the store in over 10 years....

Bardoly

Quote from: bartre on 08/23/2012, 12:06 AMnot quite specific to the TG anymore, but anytime i mention the Ys series I get a blank look, and then:
"oh, you mean Ys?" pronounced WHY-SSSSSSS
but my personal favorite goes -
"oh man, a turbografx game? that crap's all so expensive."
Noob question.

How is Ys supposed to be pronounced?  Using normal English phonics, I would assume that it would be pronounced WHYSSS.

Arkhan Asylum

I had something like that happen at this store that is actually out of business.  Two stores run by polesmokers around here are gone.

I went in and wanted to see their copy of Bravoman.

Dude working is like "oh mans, I love the Turbo Graphics" (He said it out loud, sure, but I bet he would spell it this way on paper because he's a retard).

then he's like "noone knows anything about this thing.  it's more obscure/rare than the Intellivision.  I could tell you all kinds of facts about this beast, but you'll probably just forget or something".

I shrugged.  

So he fires up Bravoman for me behind the counter and hands me the controller.   I'm playing it and he's rambling about hardware specs (he did the 2x 8bit CPU failfact) and I'm ignoring him because I'm punching stuff and enjoying my soon to be 4.95$ copy of Bravoman CIB.

then my friend who was with me was like hey let me try that shit.   I hit run+select to reset the thing and the kids like "WTF? oh shit is this thing short circuiting".

and I said "no... I reset the console with the controller."

He's like "You can't do that. don't be a fucking noob.  You have to flick the switch off.  That's why this console failed.  Poor design."

I said "oh, really? Pop in Bonk or something.  What else is in the cabinet"

He puts Bonk in.   I reset it.

"Cool, now put in another" (He puts in Victory Run)

I reset it.  He looks confused.

"Do you want me to keep doing this for the other like 5 games you have in the cabinet, or are you done being stupid"

He goes "yeah whatever"

"Cool, now ring out Bravoman so I can leave".

As he's ringing it out I was like "you know its only got 1 CPU, right."

and he goes "TWO. THATS WHY ITS 16 BIT"

I educated him a bit and ended the lesson with "by the way, I am making a TG16 game"

he didn't believe me.

Too bad the store closed down.  I would've loved to walk in with insanity and smack him in the face with it.

Retards.

Also, Bardoly: It's pronounced "eez".  Kinda.  There's a weird emphasis.

Play Ys VI for PS2 or something.  They say Ys outloud so you can hear.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Bardoly on 08/23/2012, 03:22 PMNoob question.

How is Ys supposed to be pronounced?  Using normal English phonics, I would assume that it would be pronounced WHYSSS.
Haven't you played the game (about a minute in)?  :mrgreen:

It's pronounce like eese - think geese without the g.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/23/2012, 03:49 PM

lol, I was going to use the "geese" example before clicking on page 2. :P

Other localized Ys games might say "EEZ", but I haven't played any other Ys games with Englush voice acting other than the beginning of Ys Seven. It's "EESU" in Japanese.

I don't blame people for saying "WISE" because the SMS and PCE Ys IV spell it "Y's".
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

geise

PCE Ys 4 does?  Don't remember that one?  I'm sure you're right though.  I haven't played it in ages.  Does the SMS Ys spell it Ys for both JP and US versions?  

Weird I can't put a ' in Ys.  Try it again... Y's

Drakon

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 08/23/2012, 02:52 PMYears ago (late 90's, early 2000's), there was a store outside the Eaton's Centre in Toronto (I think it was Video Game Connections??) that had 2 new Turbo Cd systems on the shelf for years and years.  They were priced at $299 and I offered to buy both for $400. 

He looked at me and scoffed, "I've got a guy in California who will pay $1200 EACH for them.  I just don't want to ship them."...

They were still there six months later, but I haven't been back to the store in over 10 years....
I'm from toronto living in york.  I've never tried to buy tg16 stuff at stores because store guys here are idiots.
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"
Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

majors

TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

420GOAT

hahaha
Quote from: Drakon on 08/23/2012, 04:41 PM
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 08/23/2012, 02:52 PMYears ago (late 90's, early 2000's), there was a store outside the Eaton's Centre in Toronto (I think it was Video Game Connections??) that had 2 new Turbo Cd systems on the shelf for years and years.  They were priced at $299 and I offered to buy both for $400. 

I'm from toronto living in york.  I've never tried to buy tg16 stuff at stores because store guys here are idiots.
i asked the local "Gamer" at game stop about some tg16 stuff and he said "whats that?" my kids and buddies just laughed and said "youre old" to me.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

turboswimbz

Here is my favorite store reviews since it was posted before about a store.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-64801159-swap-video-audio-games-music-7326403123-edison

http://www.yelp.com/biz/swap-edison

By the way any positive review comes from the owner himself.  And no he does not know where anything is.  once saw a guy ask "do your have super metroid" they came back with super smash bros.  and swore it was in fact super metroid.

Arkhan Asylum

Betty:

I went to this store to sell some video games and DVDs that I didn't want anymore:.it was a NIGHTMARE...first -I couldn't believe how cheap the guy working there was...THE PRICES IN THIS STORE R A RIP OFF!!! this guy is selling CDs for 15-25 bux some even HIGHER!!! When u can go to target or wallmart and pay 9.99:.I mentioned this to him& he said the CDs I have are rare& not in print anymore..RIDICULOUS! I don't care what he says he is overpriced...EVERYTHING IS!!!..my friend asked about a USED saxophone & he told him he wanted 1000 bux!!!! There are new beautiful saxs' for 350-500!!!!!! NEW NOT USED!!!!...& to top it all off the most HORRIBLE THING WAS THAT THIS CREEP STARTED TALKING SEXUAL TO ME ASKING ME IF I LIKE STRIP CLUBS& Saying he needed to hire some new employees to do work in his store 7 days a week& that the pay would be between $150-300 per week depending on how much "work" I wud be willing to do!!!!...I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT GUY MEANT SEX as work!!!! DISGUISTING PIG!!! I'm reporting him! DO NOT GO THERE!!! PERIOD!!!!

I loled.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 08/23/2012, 05:08 PMBetty:

I went to this store to sell some video games and DVDs that I didn't want anymore:.it was a NIGHTMARE...first -I couldn't believe how cheap the guy working there was...THE PRICES IN THIS STORE R A RIP OFF!!! this guy is selling CDs for 15-25 bux some even HIGHER!!! When u can go to target or wallmart and pay 9.99:.I mentioned this to him& he said the CDs I have are rare& not in print anymore..RIDICULOUS! I don't care what he says he is overpriced...EVERYTHING IS!!!..my friend asked about a USED saxophone & he told him he wanted 1000 bux!!!! There are new beautiful saxs' for 350-500!!!!!! NEW NOT USED!!!!...& to top it all off the most HORRIBLE THING WAS THAT THIS CREEP STARTED TALKING SEXUAL TO ME ASKING ME IF I LIKE STRIP CLUBS& Saying he needed to hire some new employees to do work in his store 7 days a week& that the pay would be between $150-300 per week depending on how much "work" I wud be willing to do!!!!...I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT GUY MEANT SEX as work!!!! DISGUISTING PIG!!! I'm reporting him! DO NOT GO THERE!!! PERIOD!!!!

I loled.
one day I'll try to get video from this place. it is fantastic.

NecroPhile

Arjak

On the subject of the Ys pronunciation debacle, when I first got Ys I & II for the Turbo, the manual was in poor shape, so I had to find another. A member of this forum directed me to call this game shop which had one available. The conversation with the guy on the phone went something like this:

Him: Hello?

Me: Hi, I heard you have manual for the TurboGrafx game, Ys?

Him: Huh?

Me: Ys...It's spelled y, s.

Him: Oh, Wise...

Me:  #-o

I think I died a little inside from that.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

Sadler

Excerpt from a buddy's web comic documenting my argument with a game store employee over Bonk's Big Adventure:

brosephweekend-bonk.webp
IMG
(click for full comic)

Drakon

Man, as a native english speaker I still managed to guess how to properly say "Ys" because you know...it's how it's spelled.
https://16bitgamer.canadian-forum.com/

NightWolve: "I'd say ole XGay fears another relapse, hence the need for strong, daily hetero reinforcement on his desktop. ;)"
Jibbajaba: "The problem with trying to flame Regal is that it's like trying to gut-punch a really fat person."

wilykat

I remember how someone at Kmart once thought that TG-16 was related to Nintendo and would eventually have keyboard and computer stuff, like a next gen console.  NEC and NES are off by only 1 letter (NEC maybe they thought it meant Nintendo Entertainment Computer?)

That Kmart store closed a year later.

Bardoly

Quote from: guest on 08/23/2012, 03:49 PM

Actually, my only experience with the Ys series is the SNES version, which I only played a very little of, and I don't remember any voice-acting in it.  Since I just got a Turbo Duo last week, I guess that I figured that I would probably try to get this game somewhere down the road, but after watching that video, it has piqued my interest.  Is the game pretty good?

Xray

Quote from: guest on 08/22/2012, 05:05 PM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/22/2012, 03:53 PMLots of people listing games that came with cardboard boxes as "complete" despite only coming with the jewel case.
That's like saying that a loose action figure isn't complete with the card back or a console isn't complete with without the box and docs. Unlike NES and Intellivision games, the outer box was never meant to be kept and games had a proper case for storage inside. The cases-less HuCard releases could be argued as not heing complete without the box and insert, but again, Turbo players in general never considered them complete only with more than the card and manual until recently when collectors-only moved in on the market.
I disagree.
I bought most of my 60+ games new from toys r us, and saved all my boxes, knowing this would increase their value if I ever decided to sell.
"Complete" is complete, without a box, it ain't complete.
There are 4 or 5 stages of completeness for Turbo games, not hard to be accurate here.

* Card only
* Card with sleeve
* Card with sleeve and jewel case [if it came with a jewel case]
* Card with sleeve and jewel case and manual
* Card with sleeve and jewel case and manual and box - Complete !

bartre

Quote from: Bardoly on 08/24/2012, 01:07 AM
Quote from: guest on 08/23/2012, 03:49 PM

Actually, my only experience with the Ys series is the SNES version, which I only played a very little of, and I don't remember any voice-acting in it.  Since I just got a Turbo Duo last week, I guess that I figured that I would probably try to get this game somewhere down the road, but after watching that video, it has piqued my interest.  Is the game pretty good?
YES.
buy it now.
not on ebay or course, just make sure you get it, it's one of the best games on that little turbob box.

Bardoly

Quote from: Xray on 08/24/2012, 01:42 AM
I disagree.
I bought most of my 60+ games new from toys r us, and saved all my boxes, knowing this would increase their value if I ever decided to sell.
There are 4 or 5 stages of completeness for Turbo games, not hard to be accurate here.

* Card only
* Card with sleeve
^^This.

I might also add the following level.

* Card with sleeve and manual only.

Xray

Quote from: Bardoly on 08/24/2012, 01:48 AM
I disagree.

* Card only
* Card with sleeve
^^This.

Quote from: Bardoly on 08/24/2012, 01:48 AM
I disagree.

* Card only
* Card with sleeve
^^This.

True, I suppose you could have card and box only too, or card, no jewel case but manual and no sleeve.

ccovell

I never understood people who threw out boxes.   Especially for larger consoles/appliances, if you needed to ship it under warranty, the box became very useful once again.

I expressed my opinions on this before on Digital Press:

QuoteOriginally Posted by tabor62
The thing is, back when the NES first came out, no one thought to keep their boxes and manuals because they didn't think they would be worth anything. The same goes for the condition of cartridges. As children, all they thought of was playing it and not keeping it in the best condition.
Me:
I always kept boxes and manuals... not because I ever thought they'd have "value". Conversely, why would you throw out something that you or your parents just paid money for? Something that explained how to play the game if you got stuck, and featured cool cover art in many cases? Am I alone/insane on this one?

kazekirifx

I remember when purchasing my first TG16, I told the lady at the counter at Toys 'R' Us I wanted to buy a "Turbo Grafx 16", and she corrected me "Turbo 16 Grafx?" Well, I guess it looks like T16G on the logo...

Xray

I have always kept the boxes/pamphlets from smallish electronic items I might later resell, or need to reference at a future date. I knew in the early 90's that original packaging is good to keep, and I know that now. Radar detectors, cell phones, police scanners, mp3 players ect, got em all in the rafters in my garage. People that got these as kids and tossed the packaging, I can understand. I was a grown man when I got into Turbo, and recognized the value and sense of keeping the package complete ,,, Even though I, like everyone else, had no idea at the time just how desirable these would eventually become.

Now something like a shop vac box & instructions, obviously, that gets tossed or burned.

NecroPhile

Quote from: ccovell on 08/24/2012, 03:07 AMI never understood people who threw out boxes.
Me neither.  I've always kept my game boxes, and I sure as heck wasn't worrying about future value as a kid.

turboswimbz

I had saved every box, from my SNES and N64, I just like keeping them, the systems that were mine and mine alone and had been bought brand new but atlas one fateful day when i was away, they were thrown away on me  :cry:

Mathius

I may have been the lone guy that would pronounce "Ys" as "Yees," like "Yeesh."

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 08/24/2012, 11:09 PMI may have been the lone guy that would pronounce "Ys" as "Yees," like "Yeesh."
Ha! :pcgs:

Quote from: Sadler on 08/23/2012, 07:06 PMExcerpt from a buddy's web comic documenting my argument with a game store employee over Bonk's Big Adventure:
brosephweekend-bonk.webp
Did this fellow really know about Bonk's Return, the cell phone exclusive? That's amazing, if true. :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

VestCunt

I always kept my boxes because I'm sentimental and OCD; value never crossed my mind. I never threw away a NES box, although I foolishly cut my NES Action Set down into easily-stored panels. I even have most of the packaging for my Transformers and Kenner Star Wars figures going back to when I was four years old.

Boxes for electronics and computer sundries are completely different. I throw those away after about a year.
Topic Adjourned.

Sadler

Quote from: esteban on 08/25/2012, 11:11 AMDid this fellow really know about Bonk's Return, the cell phone exclusive? That's amazing, if true. :pcgs:
Haha, no. He was convinced that Bonk's Return was the 3rd game on the TG16. I tried to explain to him that Bonk's Return was a cellphone game that came out long after the TG16 died out, but he wasn't hearing it. :)

CrackTiger

Quote from: CrackTiger on 08/22/2012, 05:05 PM
I disagree.

* Card only
* Card with sleeve
I disagree.
I bought 100+ games new and saved all my boxes, because I love games and the TG-16 and planned to never sell anything.
"Complete" is complete wth everything it was sold with, without the entire shrinkwrap, mail-away cards, flyers, CD-ROM2 SYSTEM sticker, etc...it ain't complete.
There are 9 to 34 stages of completeness for Turbo games, not hard to be accurate here.

* Card only
* Card with sleeve
* Card with sleeve and HuCARD case/plastic tray
* Card with sleeve and HuCARD case/plastic tray and manual
* Card with sleeve and HuCARD case/plastic tray and manual and poster [if it came with a poster]
* Card with sleeve and HuCARD case/plastic tray and manual and poster and flyer [if it came with a flyer]
* Card with sleeve and HuCARD case/plastic tray and manual and poster and cardboard box [if it came with a cardboard box]
* Card with sleeve and HuCARD case/plastic tray and manual and poster and cardboard box and shrinkwrap [if it came shrinkwrapped]
* Card with sleeve and HuCARD case/plastic tray and manual and poster and cardboard box and shrinkwrap and stckers(s) [if it came sticker(s)] -Complete!

If you threw away part of what came with your games, then they will forever be incomplete. You may have a personal definition of "complete", which apparantly goes further thantraditional Turbo/PCE fans, but as real collectibles they are permanently incomplete to true collectors.

Don't forget these important factors:

* Keith Courage isn't complete without the TurboGrafx-16 box and every single item that was packed inside.

* Ninja Spirit pack-in, Ys I & II pack-in and Gate of Thunder 4-in-1 are all not complete unless they include the TurboDuo box, box shrinkwrap, outer sleeve and everything else that was packed inside.

It's not hard to be accurate here. You can't just make up a custom definition. Unless a game includes everything it could possibly come with from the factory, it is not complete.

esteban

Quote from: Sadler on 08/26/2012, 12:14 PM
Quote from: esteban on 08/25/2012, 11:11 AMDid this fellow really know about Bonk's Return, the cell phone exclusive? That's amazing, if true. :pcgs:
Haha, no. He was convinced that Bonk's Return was the 3rd game on the TG16. I tried to explain to him that Bonk's Return was a cellphone game that came out long after the TG16 died out, but he wasn't hearing it. :)
The fact that anyone even heard of Bonk's Return is awesome.

The fact that you actually were engaged in a conversation with this fellow is priceless.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jperryss

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: Mathius on 08/24/2012, 11:09 PMI may have been the lone guy that would pronounce "Ys" as "Yees," like "Yeesh."
I know that feel bro :(

----------

As a kid I kept all of my N64 game  boxes and manuals.  I used to store the games themselves in the boxes.  That's how I got my CIB mint Starcraft 64 (LOVED that game)